PDA

View Full Version : Order and Chaos Online

Thelastblink
10-04-2012, 06:09 AM
Hello people,
I was just wondering if Order and Chaos is fun, and does it actually require SKILL?
Also, is it better than PL to quit PL and play Order and Chaos?

Xionskull
10-04-2012, 06:57 AM
I tried order and chaos but it take a very very long time to lvl up the only way is through quests. I quit returned to pl. but that's my personal preference.

Also it is a MMO but the maps are so large and so many that it's rare to see someone on. So now it's like rpg. So thats where I started to dislike it. Thats a bunch of negative things, there are really cool-
-weapons.
-mounts.
-pets.
-scenery.
It is a well made game but it's not worth quitting pl in my opinion.

SKILL- ya to a certain degree. You have to know how to pick off enemies then kill em quick. So there's not many low lvl skills so it's hard too. It basically requires skill to-
-be patient.(long quests)
-die a lot.(it's possible to be spawned by a monster in any map, you lose gold)
-pvp, that's only endgame so I can't say much on that.
Hope it helps.

X

Thelastblink
10-04-2012, 07:06 AM
I tried order and chaos but it take a very very long time to lvl up the only way is through quests. I quit returned to pl. but that's my personal preference.

Also it is a MMO but the maps are so large and so many that it's rare to see someone on. So now it's like rpg. So thats where I started to dislike it. Thats a bunch of negative things, there are really cool-
-weapons.
-mounts.
-pets.
-scenery.
It is a well made game but it's not worth quitting pl in my opinion.

SKILL- ya to a certain degree. You have to know how to pick off enemies then kill em quick. So there's not many low lvl skills so it's hard too. It basically requires skill to-
-be patient.(long quests)
-die a lot.(it's possible to be spawned by a monster in any map, you lose gold)
-pvp, that's only endgame so I can't say much on that.
Hope it helps.

X

Helped a lot! TY KEEP THE SUGGESTIONS COMIN!

Xionskull
10-04-2012, 07:12 AM
;) I'd recommend pm'ing Vampinoy, he knows a lot about Order and Chaos. He's also plays pl. :D

Brave Sir Robin
10-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Yes, vamp is probably your man ;)

There is also a thread here: Link (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?67136-Whoa!-Order-and-Chaos-now-free-to-play&highlight=order+chaos)

Plenty of info there. Personally I am a bit concerned about the account security issues the guys mentioned.

Spectre
10-04-2012, 07:19 AM
Also, is it better than PL to quit PL and play Order and Chaos?

Nothing can't be better than PL.

cookiez
10-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Order and chaos isnt that fun at all... I tried it and it was boring, STAY WITH PL!!

BodMaster
10-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Too easy.

No class balance.

StompArtist
10-04-2012, 04:21 PM
It was fun until the desert part... then it gets boring ultra fast. lol.

razerfingers
10-04-2012, 04:40 PM
I play o&c but am only lvl 11 lol

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Elyseon
10-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Its pretty cool, i personally like PLs layout more for my ipod, i think O&C would be awesome for an ipad tho
I havent tried the arena, but i like the twist that you have to be capped to do the arena
Also the class variety is awesome
Pretty much all of the world area is solo-able, which is good cuz its pretty hard to get a team, until you make some high level friends to help you

You will probably run into alot of PL players, ive been messaged alot 'you play PL?'
Some pros from PL like decur there as well.

Awesome game

nmyxspaceship
10-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Oh boi! I recently leveled my 3rd char to 60. Great game. I think what turns people off is the fact that it does take skill, especially dungeons, mechanics and strategy come into play a lot more than pl. If you are deciding wether or not to get it, you should. Only negative is there is little to no support, gameloft puts out great content then leaves us to deal with the bugs. Sts IMO has once of the best support groups for sure.

KingFu
10-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Order and chaos isnt that fun at all... I tried it and it was boring, STAY WITH PL!!

Oh please not another person posting in red text...

nmyxspaceship
10-04-2012, 07:17 PM
The red text really gives arguments that angry tone.

Thelastblink
10-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Watched some gameplay on youtube, gotta say there are lots. I think it is possible that support is bad because gameloft is such a big company.
Guys, is the PVE good?

Sryyoulose
10-04-2012, 08:49 PM
I quit o&c when I qui pl I dont remember my level, also quests are only bet way to level at low level then mob just sittin here killing mobs and daily quests best.
Is it worth quiting pl, HECK NAW!
Fun as side game? Yes but not as fun as pl it might seem equal for first maybe month then it starts to die.

Ps. Atleast it's f2p now :)

Conradin
10-04-2012, 09:18 PM
i just restarted my account- add me on wroth- other like lvl 8 atm but i need peeps to play with

Wroth-monk- tear coast

vampinoy
10-05-2012, 12:48 AM
Been playing PL and O&C about a year and half so I hope I can give you an objective opinion. Personally, I think Order and Chaos is the best mobile MMO, let's go into it point-by-point and compare it to Pocket Legends:

1. Graphics and Art Design - I don't think people will argue that Order and Chaos looks a lot better, if you have doubts, chances are, you're in denial: Order and Chaos.

2. Worlds - Order and Chaos offers a persistent world with instanced dungeons, Pocket Legends is instance only. O&C lets you explore a world not just run from point A to point B. There are no invisible walls to prevent you from running around treacherous areas in O&C while PL (level restrictions) holds your hand throughout your journey. So ask yourself, do you want to feel that you're part of a bigger world, explore it, get lost in it, be consumed by it when you get too curious OR do you just want to run from point A to point B in other words linear?: Order and Chaos.

3. PvE - Order and Chaos has two kinds of PvE: Open world and dungeon. In Open world, this is where you do most of your quests, gold farming, crafting materials farming and dungeon for farming rare loots. You go from town to town walking around either on foot, waypoints, or mounts...the world is persistent so you see areas uncover before your eyes as you walk around the world. So, If you want to be a lone journeyman and just do your own thing like quests (or just wander around and appreciate the vistas), this is like your single player RPG, open world will give that to you. Now if you feel that you found a good group (of four) that can run those hard dungeons...then go for it. Meanwhile, in Pocket Legends, you don't have this option as you will run through the same exact corridors over and over, you cannot ambush your enemies by trying to attack from behind, you cannot try to avoid harder mobs because you happen to have strayed off a little bit, etc. In dungeons, the difficulty spikes so high in O&C that each of you in that party will want to watch each others' back and assume roles, one mistake will mean a wipe out...teamplay is REQUIRED, so you don't get anything similar to PL's rambo mage/bird or scatter bears, none of that in dungeon parties in O&C because the game punishes noob-ness. You will die until you find the right group in O&C (of course, you need to have a monk and tank as often as possible, the other two can be dps builds, that's usually the formula). In Pocket Legends, I can rambo my way in a dungeon or scatter every mob I see and still come out alive as long as one or two of my partymates are taking it seriously it's all good, in O&C, if one slacks or don't know what he's doing, entire party will be in danger of being wiped. Order and Chaos trumps Pocket Legends in PvE, It's more systematic, and the game demands a level of pro-ness from their players, O&C is like an anti-noob game (which can be bad if you're a pure casual player) so many people quitting because their learning curve and level of patience isn't attuned to the game : Order and Chaos.

4. PvP - O&C has more to offer. More builds, more combos, more class, open world PvP, Arena PvP, points system PvP, PvP gear from PvP points, Duel anywhere (in towns), fast paced, no such thing as rushing since people come to PvP just to kill not talk, etc. There's more beef in O&C. What Pocket Legends has, O&C has more: Order and Chaos

5. Replayability - Tied, been playing both games simultaneously.

6. Progression - Pocket Legends will require you to grind, O&C removes its focus in grinding and more on questing. As you quest, you gain level in O&C, you cannot help but reach level cap as long as you move forward in your quests. In that sense, it's easier to level up in O&C because there's a saying in O&C that life starts at 60. The hard part is collecting souls once you reach level 60. These souls is used to buy the best items in-game. To get souls, you need to finish daily quests which require good parties. This is where people get stuck because collecting those souls will take a lot patience. Also, crafting takes a while to master. So these two (crafting and daily souls) will eat up your end-game life for weeks to months. In Pocket Legends, I'll simply buy elixir and reach level cap in 2-3 days, once I reach level cap, I'll use elixir a little more and run monster bash and get rich overnight: Order and Chaos

7. Vanities - Order and Chaos doesn't have that much vanities, Pocket Legends has a wide array of vanities. So, Pocket Legends takes this one: Pocket Legends.

8. Mounts and Pets - Order and Chaos has both, Pocket Legends only has pets: Order and Chaos

9. Support and after sales services - I'll give STS the edge, Gameloft is less interactive, but they do work behind the scenes contrary to what a lot of people are saying. I have had my account breached several times and 100% of the time I got it back...I had around 10+ friends who had account issues, all of them got their problems resolved right away...the only difference is Gameloft developers don't talk in the forums...so you don't feel you're talking to someone...but when you e-mail them behind the scenes they will act. So, customer service as far as making you feel important is not so good but they get the job done, STS does a good job making their customers feel important at the same time gets the job done too: Pocket Legends.

10. Community - Pocket Legends bags this easily. People in PL are just more socially advanced, not saying nicer, but just by looking at threads and posts in forums...you see people take the game more seriously due to the fact that they take their in-game friends seriously as well. O&C, I'm not seeing that level of interaction yet, it's there, but not as active as PL. Just my opinion.: Pocket Legends

11. Story - O&C has more depth and variety. Each Race has stories to tell. Better storytelling through quests. Not astounding story, but it's decent. Pocket Legends story is very generic, no diversity, just typical good vs bad, bad story telling. We could remove the story in PL and not notice it. In O&C, story matters because progression is quest based which is the story, and the game will not hold back in narrating what's going on: Order and Chaos

Order and Chaos: 7 (Graphics & Art design, Worlds, PvE, PvP, Progression, Mounts & Pets, Story)
Pocket Legends: 3 (Vanities, Support & After sales, Community)
Tied: 1 (Replayability)

Hope my opinion helped.

I won't say you quit PL for O&C, that's up to you, it's case to case, how many games can you play at a given time? How much time do you have? etc. those things only you can answer. So something to ponder on: Do you value vanities, support and community over Graphics & Art design, Worlds, PvE, PvP, Progression, Mounts & Pets, and Story? If you can play both, better. I played them both for over a year and half now.

PS: My playtime in O&C and PL reduced a lot (maybe around 20minutes a day only just merching and talking to friends) since last month so my opinion may or may not be obsolete...focused on Guildwars 2 and WoW. From time to time I still hop on to PL/O&C. I don't think much have changed since then though.

HunterSLAYER
10-05-2012, 12:58 AM
Been playing PL and O&C about a year and half so I hope I can give you an objective opinion. Personally, I think Order and Chaos is the best mobile MMO, let's go into it point-by-point and compare it to Pocket Legends:

1. Graphics and Art Design - I don't think people will argue that Order and Chaos looks a lot better, if you have doubts, chances are, you're in denial: Order and Chaos.

2. Worlds - Order and Chaos offers a persistent world with instanced dungeons, Pocket Legends is instance only. O&C lets you explore a world not just run from point A to point B. There are no invisible walls to prevent you from running around treacherous areas in O&C while PL (level restrictions) holds your hand throughout your journey. So ask yourself, do you want to feel that you're part of a bigger world, explore it, get lost in it, be consumed by it when you get too curious OR do you just want to run from point A to point B in other words linear?: Order and Chaos.

3. PvE - Order and Chaos has two kinds of PvE: Open world and dungeon. In Open world, this is where you do most of your quests, gold farming, crafting materials farming and dungeon for farming rare loots. You go from town to town walking around either on foot, waypoints, or mounts...the world is persistent so you see areas uncover before your eyes as you walk around the world. So, If you want to be a lone journeyman and just do your own thing like quests (or just wander around and appreciate the vistas), this is like your single player RPG, open world will give that to you. Now if you feel that you found a good group (of four) that can run those hard dungeons...then go for it. Meanwhile, in Pocket Legends, you don't have this option as you will run through the same exact corridors over and over, you cannot ambush your enemies by trying to attack from behind, you cannot try to avoid harder mobs because you happen to have strayed off a little bit, etc. In dungeons, the difficulty spikes so high in O&C that each of you in that party will want to watch each others' back and assume roles, one mistake will mean a wipe out...teamplay is REQUIRED, so you don't get anything similar to PL's rambo mage/bird or scatter bears, none of that in dungeon parties in O&C because the game punishes noob-ness. In Pocket Legends, I can rambo my way in a dungeon or scatter every mob I see and still come out alive, what's the point of being skillful if you can get away with it? So, in many sense, Order and Chaos trumps Pocket Legends in PvE.

4. PvP - O&C has more to offer. More builds, more combos, more class, open world PvP, Arena PvP, points system PvP, PvP gear from PvP points, Duel anywhere (in towns), fast paced. There's more beef in O&C. What Pocket Legends has, O&C has more: Order and Chaos

5. Replayability - Tied, been playing both games simultaneously.

6. Progression - Pocket Legends will require you to grind, O&C removes its focus in grinding and more on questing. As you quest, you gain level in O&C, you cannot help but reach level cap as long as you move forward in your quests. In that sense, it's easier to level up in O&C because there's a saying in O&C that life starts at 60. The hard part is collecting souls once you reach level 60. These souls is used to buy the best items in-game. To get souls, you need to finish daily quests which require good parties. This is where people get stuck because collecting those souls will take a lot patience. Also, crafting takes a while to master. So these two (crafting and daily souls) will eat up your end-game life for weeks to months. In Pocket Legends, I'll simply buy elixir and reach level cap in 2-3 days, once I reach level cap, I'll use elixir a little more and run monster bash and get rich overnight: Order and Chaos

7. Vanities - Order and Chaos doesn't have that much vanities, Pocket Legends has a wide array of vanities. So, Pocket Legends takes this one: Pocket Legends.

8. Mounts and Pets - Order and Chaos has both, Pocket Legends only has pets: Order and Chaos

9. Support and after sales services - I'll give STS the edge, Gameloft is less interactive, but they do work behind the scenes contrary to what a lot of people are saying. I have had my account breached several times and 100% of the time I got it back...I had around 10+ friends who had account issues, all of them got their problems resolved right away...the only difference is Gameloft developers don't talk in the forums...so you don't feel you're talking to someone...but when you e-mail them behind the scenes they will act. So, customer service as far as making you feel important is not so good but they get the job done, STS does a good job making their customers feel important at the same time gets the job done too: Pocket Legends.

10. Community - Pocket Legends bags this easily. People in PL are just more socially advanced, not saying nicer, but just by looking at threads and posts in forums...you see people take the game more seriously due to the fact that they take their in-game friends seriously as well. O&C, I'm not seeing that level of interaction yet, it's there, but not as active as PL. Just my opinion.: Pocket Legends

11. Story - O&C has more depth and variety. Each Race has stories to tell. Better storytelling through quests. Not astounding story, but it's decent. Pocket Legends story is very generic, no diversity, just typical good vs bad, bad story telling. We could remove the story in PL and not notice it. In O&C, story matters because progression is quest based which is the story, and the game will not hold back in narrating what's going on: Order and Chaos

Order and Chaos: 7 (Graphics & Art design, Worlds, PvE, PvP, Progression, Mounts & Pets, Story)
Pocket Legends: 3 (Vanities, Support & After sales, Community)
Tied: 1 (Replayability)

Hope my opinion helped.

I won't say you quit PL for O&C, that's up to you, it's case to case, how many games can you play at a given time? How much time do you have? etc. those things only you can answer. So something to ponder on: Do you value vanities, support and community over Graphics & Art design, Worlds, PvE, PvP, Progression, Mounts & Pets, and Story? If you can play both, better. I played them both for over a year and half now.

PS: My playtime in O&C and PL reduced a lot (maybe around 20minutes a day only just merching and talking to friends) since last month so my opinion may or may not be obsolete...focused on Guildwars 2 and WoW. From time to time I still hop on to PL/O&C. I don't think much have changed since then though.

W.O.W. is the best game ever. I've got a lv 87 deathknight there :D

Thelastblink
10-05-2012, 01:40 AM
Thank you vamp! :):):)

StompArtist
10-05-2012, 09:49 AM
W.O.W. is the best game ever. I've got a lv 87 deathknight there :D

WOW is old and no longer up to par with modern games.

bronislav84
10-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Can somebody confirm for me please? O&C is full F2P now with a Cash Shop, or buy to play (B2P) with a Cash Shop?

HunterSLAYER
10-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Can somebody confirm for me please? O&C is full F2P now with a Cash Shop, or buy to play (B2P) with a Cash Shop?

Yep. That's possibly the only way for gameloft to make money since there are no ads in-game.
I know, iaps suck but devs gotta eat right?

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

razerfingers
10-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Ios is buy then f2p android is buy then still in subscription age lol

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Dalinuel
10-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Theres a pvp area where all the capped players hang out at and its also where alot of quests are so they stand around and smoke you while your trying to quest lol

bronislav84
10-05-2012, 05:53 PM
So this change is only for Apple, cause I was going to say it still mentions subscription in the description. Guess I'm waiting longer then.

BodMaster
10-07-2012, 03:56 PM
So this change is only for Apple, cause I was going to say it still mentions subscription in the description. Guess I'm waiting longer then.

Droid development is around 5+ months behind iOS each new update.