PDA

View Full Version : Pally Hit %

Burton
09-05-2010, 08:17 AM
I recently respecced my Mage into a pally and gave it 142 str, 86 int, 2 dex. When I'm wearing all my gear I noticed my hit% is only 91. So I have 2 questions:

1. Approximately how many points would I have to take away from int and put into dex to get that 91 hit% up to 100%?

2. Is it worth losing the int points and having my skills do less damage just for 9 more hit%.

Raxie
09-05-2010, 08:24 AM
it is better to go all dex instead of put the rest into int. even though your spells get stronger, you need the dex for critical, hit% and dps.
also, if you play pvp, even if you have enough dex that your hit% is 100, there are debuffs which makes your hit% 25% less. also, two points in dex increases your hit% by 1.

Burton
09-05-2010, 08:47 AM
Well the only time I ever use my melee weapon is for bosses and I use the Mage skills pretty much constantly. I think I'll take away 18 int points for 100% hit but I won't put all my int points into dex.

Raxie
09-05-2010, 08:50 AM
do you pvp? if you do, the remaining stats must go into dex and if you only pve then having the stats in int is good.

Burton
09-05-2010, 09:01 AM
I don't pvp at all. So for pve I should put enough into dex for 100% hit and then rest in int?

Royce
09-05-2010, 09:04 AM
Well the only time I ever use my melee weapon is for bosses and I use the Mage skills pretty much constantly. I think I'll take away 18 int points for 100% hit but I won't put all my int points into dex.

FYI, your hit% affects whether your skills hit or miss too. So you really need Dex no matter what. Unfortunately even with stat-driven skills, Int just isn't worth the investment. This is particularly true for paladins since Str does very little for the stats of an elf, and Int basically only gives you mana and a silly-small amount if regen. If you would like to see the attributes balanced, please read and comment here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?5515-Fixing-the-Attribute-Imbalance-How-to-make-Int-and-Str-worthwhile-investments-D

I don't pvp at all. So for pve I should put enough into dex for 100% hit and then rest in int?

This would work alright, but you are still better off IMO moving all that Int into Dex.

Burton
09-05-2010, 09:08 AM
So you're saying all dex no int?

Royce
09-05-2010, 09:11 AM
So you're saying all dex no int?

Yeah, unless they tweak stat-driven skills to give additional benefits for building Int, it just makes more sense to go Str to meet item requirements, then the rest in Dex.

Burton
09-05-2010, 12:02 PM
well i just got dex high enough for 100% hit and then rest into int. it seems to work fine so unless i have trouble with it, i'm keeping it

Royce
09-05-2010, 12:15 PM
well i just got dex high enough for 100% hit and then rest into int. it seems to work fine so unless i have trouble with it, i'm keeping it

That's not a bad build, especially since you don't care about PvP. Hit% can be debuffed (in PvP it will be debuffed), so particularly for PvP, hit% above 100% is recommended, but that is a good way to go for PvE. I'm playing with these builds a lot right now, and honesly, I still think the increased base damage, hit%, crit (which also affects skills), dodge, and even bit of armor you get from building Dex is more valuable than the slightly increased skill damage of increased Int. However, the returns of Dex definitely drop a bit for PvE when hit% hits 100, and for PvP when hit% hits 125 or so. Anyway, let us know how it works for you ;)

Burton
09-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Well the difference ~50 points makes in int compared to dex is probably not too noticeable unless I compare the damage each skill does with 50 int and 7 int. And the only way I can do that is if I waste another respec. So I might as well just stick with what I have because it seems to work just fine.