PDA

View Full Version : A second chance for all people who wish to obtain the previous vanities

Thasaint
10-04-2012, 06:49 PM
I'm sure this may have been suggested before, but I cannot find it.
I had read a previous post saying that the vanities after the Mount Fang armor will no longer carry a bonus.
I was thinking that maybe the developers could add in something new.
Once a player goes past the levels 56, 61, and 66, they are given an option.
This option would be to get the vanities (COP, Nuri Shield, MF Armor) that are now not attainable.
There's a catch though. It would cost around 2x the amount of xp to get the vanity.
The xp part would be for the veterans, who already have the items, to make it more fair for them (they really worked for the vanities), but at the same time give the other people a chance who weren't able to obtain them.
If the bonus is actually being taken away from all items, then never mind what is above (more vanities will be there in the future). This would just be there to even it out for those who wish to get the bonuses, for double the xp it originally cost.
Please post opinions on this below :)
-Also- Keep this clean. If you don't agree, you don't have to make a big deal. Just state that you don't agree.
-Saint

Yich
10-04-2012, 07:02 PM
I'm sure this may have been suggested before, but I cannot find it.
I had read a previous post saying that the vanities after the Mount Fang armor will no longer carry a bonus.
I was thinking that maybe the developers could add in something new.
Once a player goes past the levels 56, 61, and 66, they are given an option.
This option would be to get the vanities (COP, Nuri Shield, MF Armor) that are now not attainable.
There's a catch though. It would cost around 2x the amount of xp to get the vanity.
The xp part would be for the veterans, who already have the items, to make it more fair for them (they really worked for the vanities), but at the same time give the other people a chance who weren't able to obtain them.
If the bonus is actually being taken away from all items, then never mind what is above (more vanities will be there in the future). This would just be there to even it out for those who wish to get the bonuses, for double the xp it originally cost.
Please post opinions on this below :)
-Also- Keep this clean. If you don't agree, you don't have to make a big deal. Just state that you don't agree.
-Saint

I don't have a CoP, and I've never grinded hard for a level cap, but I still think keeping the Dc'ed items exclusive to those who got them is most important.

Mage till the end
10-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Hm I wouldn't go for +50 hp and what not for 600,000 xp

nmyxspaceship
10-04-2012, 07:16 PM
I don't agree even if I did.... The fallen prices has run out |:\

25thninja
10-04-2012, 07:17 PM
I very much agree with you, for me, i got the game while nuris hallows was currently the highest place, thats when i leveled p t aput fifty. Update, mt fang, lvled to 66, got mt fang robe, thought i was pretty awesome. Update, humania, NO SET BONUS. Dangit, lotsa money spent on no bonus.

Hadesofshadow
10-04-2012, 08:16 PM
I very much agree with you, for me, i got the game while nuris hallows was currently the highest place, thats when i leveled p t aput fifty. Update, mt fang, lvled to 66, got mt fang robe, thought i was pretty awesome. Update, humania, NO SET BONUS. Dangit, lotsa money spent on no bonus.

start earlier

we need vanities for forest haven, dark forest, balefort, crypts, swamp, ao1 and ao2

that way its fair

Elyseon
10-04-2012, 08:17 PM
probably should bring back the founders helm too

oh maybe just restart the whole game with a 25 cap?

Elyseon
10-04-2012, 08:19 PM
start earlier

we need vanities for forest haven, dark forest, balefort, crypts, swamp, ao1 and ao2

that way its fair

that would be awesome, right now theres just the founders helm and old pumpkin helm for players who started before 50

Sryyoulose
10-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Well, do I think they should let us ey old vanities? Yes and no. Allow me to explain, I'll start with why:

Yes set bonus is huge and sometimes no enough time due to certain circumstances.
Limiting factor: Had to have had a registered account at the time of the cap. This would spark elixirs to be bought and grinders to grind old levels. However they would have to wear that level gear to enter and possibly a different campaign to obtain the Xp and it has to be slightly harder due to being able to have more skills.

Why not?
It'd sill be easier to obtain,
Hard to release this update,
Mad players,
Unfair to those who had worked hard to get there before next cap.
Possibly new look?

That's my short take on it.

Jcyee
10-04-2012, 09:13 PM
cop would no longer be exclusive to those that grinded at 56 cap. even if it did take 2x the amount of xp, MANY people (i would imagine) would still go for it regardless

azefekie
10-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Good thread, but there will be new vanities in the future along with the dragon vanity thats out for people who dont have old end game vanities. The old end game vanity shouldn't be brought back its for people who started this game and were devoted. i didnt get COP but its exclusive for those who did.. why take that away from players? just think when new vanity comes out and people get it, new players down the line will want it but you'll think the same thing..you started before them theyll get their turn getting something if they stick around long enough. People who stick around deserve to have something that not everyone else has, thats something that helps keep old devoted players here.

Marcoolio
10-05-2012, 12:18 AM
Ok, i hope i get my point here becouse my language.. "new" players cant imagine how hard COP was and how much ppl die in sewers. There is elix but if u die elix gone away! So basicly ppl get 56 without elix and need full group to survive.

Even xp cap is 2x thats not fair becous elix.

I agree that there can be option to get vanitys but that point u cant use elix, sounds much better to me.

I know 61 and 66 comes fast becous
e elix come to ruin a game (just imo)

In future elities shud be ELITE with out elix. Maybe that makes pl back what it is 56lvl

Many player missing that time, ppl really try to get a price for hard playing. Need strategies to survive and full groups.

Its not a big deal who get next "elite" becouse that takes day or two. Then ppl wait next cap and get bored.

Dont hate me, its just i want a more challenge again this game.

Elyseon
10-05-2012, 06:05 AM
100k in humania literally took me about 87 runs of mega maze during double xp weekend

the 83k in sewers was incomparable, although they did add thrashers later on in the cap, the majority of people did not use them, making it seem like 4x more xp = 332k
also with no dmg and speed elixir you would kill 3x slower...

also should we factor in the 2x week stacking elix, and the 3x stacking?

even then, its not just the accomplishment of it- people complaining about set bonuses-people who did this journey for the CoP no one was expecting stats, at first we wanted them to remove the hemet stats as it wasnt a vanity even

im sorry, but i really trust the devs on this one people have asked before, its just not gonna happen, personally idc if they got rid of the sets stats, would be nice if sparkles stayed tho :D

Superduper
10-05-2012, 12:03 PM
start earlier

that way its fair
Amen never got vanities for that.

razerfingers
10-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Lol! People still crying about CoP, SoH, and MFA bonus?

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Chopper
10-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Lol! People still crying about CoP, SoH, and MFA bonus?

Probably because it's still unfair and people still feel cheated?

razerfingers
10-05-2012, 02:13 PM

You think its unfair? Well sorry to be rude but life isnt fair. Sheep and cows. Also i was aroune had the chance to get myself a CoP, SoH, and got the MFA but im not crying that i dont have a bonus im happy i got a vanity armor to cover up some ugly armor that may appear for birds in the future. So thats my opinion. Dont ask cause you wont recieve if you do all of STS's big money spenders will dissappear cause all the work they did and money they spend to have something unique. you feel me? If you dont my bad.

nmyxspaceship
10-05-2012, 02:37 PM
It's like when humania came out and they forgot to take out the mfa award and level 65's were able to level to 66 with 4k xp and recieve mfa. Lets just say some people were about to burn this game to the ground.

razerfingers
10-05-2012, 02:41 PM
It's like when humania came out and they forgot to take out the mfa award and level 65's were able to level to 66 with 4k xp and recieve mfa. Lets just say some people were about to burn this game to the ground.

Exactly! Atleast you read kinda what i posted lol

Snakespeare
10-05-2012, 02:42 PM
I don't agree.

StompArtist
10-05-2012, 02:51 PM
I don't agree.

I find myself agreeing with Snake again.

You don't get a second chance at living in the 60's and you don't get a second chance at being an founder. imo.

Chopper
10-05-2012, 03:12 PM
You think its unfair? Well sorry to be rude but life isnt fair. Sheep and cows.

Why do people respond with this? Yes, we all know life isn't fair. That's why we play games and sports with rules and set parameters. So everyone will have a fair chance. Why do sports games start with the score tied at 0-0? Because we try to make it fair, that's why, otherwise, it's not fun.

PL is a game. it should be fair and enjoyable for all. That is why the Elite Vanities are unfair and people feel cheated. I'm sure you would not enjoy the game if you had to pay 10 platinum to join every dungeon while others get it for free. You play a game, you expect it to be fair. Otherwise, we can go back to normal life, which isnt fair.

Elyseon
10-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Yeh it also should just automatically start everyone at the level cap, give free of every item in the game to them, and make all pvp fights ties

Elyseon
10-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Yeh people feel cheated for not getting what they didnt earn
The game goes on it doesnt wait for any player
Didnt get some pixels? So sry but theres no need to cry. Get mad at sts for not makeing anymore than the dragon set

Entertaining
10-05-2012, 03:24 PM
I don't agree.

Drekkthar
10-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Hrmm, a possible solution if (they never will) they reoffer elite vanities would be that they are just vanities and dont have set bonuses. That way the ppl who grinded wont be as upset.

azefekie
10-05-2012, 03:54 PM
You're my hero :D
Yeh it also should just automatically start everyone at the level cap, give free of every item in the game to them, and make all pvp fights ties

Elyseon
10-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Hrmm, a possible solution if (they never will) they reoffer elite vanities would be that they are just vanities and dont have set bonuses. That way the ppl who grinded wont be as upset.
Actually i care more about the vanity than the stats o.O maybe im the only one tho...

Suentous PO
10-05-2012, 09:07 PM
There's no way to win. Bring it back now, oldies offended, currents happy, and then, the next wave wants it too. So what then, have it available all the time forever?
For it to be somewhat equivalent, current players would have to be rolled back ( no 7 skill), no elixirs (but the gold ones), and not be allowed certain gear. I'd be surprised if people grinding had an exact number of days to do this, the same as us being mostly unsure of how much effort to apply in what time. So new opportunity with an unsure end date?
I missed out on the cop, I didn't know I would care. It bugged me. I'm over it. It's ok if nothing changes. To be cold, it's a slowly diminishing number of people of people with a numeric advantage. Are people upset at the difference in pvp, or pve? I rarely think of it in pve personally.

Waug
10-05-2012, 09:34 PM
I wish, but that not gonna happen ever :( unless they release PL Part-II

razerfingers
10-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Why do people respond with this? Yes, we all know life isn't fair. That's why we play games and sports with rules and set parameters. So everyone will have a fair chance. Why do sports games start with the score tied at 0-0? Because we try to make it fair, that's why, otherwise, it's not fun.

PL is a game. it should be fair and enjoyable for all. That is why the Elite Vanities are unfair and people feel cheated. I'm sure you would not enjoy the game if you had to pay 10 platinum to join every dungeon while others get it for free. You play a game, you expect it to be fair. Otherwise, we can go back to normal life, which isnt fair.

Im down. I was able to buy main spine before it was free so i can afford to pay 10 plat every run. Also the whole sports thing is a diffrent page. PL isnt a sport. You dont see me going to battlefield 3 developers saying to make all the weapons more dmg cause i cant win against someone playing langer than me that has more skill. No doesnt work like that and imma say it again. Sheep and cows. Not being offensive to anyone amd sorry if it offends you that i bring you to reality.

Swords
10-05-2012, 10:00 PM
i played when cap was 35, havent gotten the cap vanity piece yet, not one, Am not complaining,

dudetus
10-06-2012, 01:11 AM
Past vanities are exclusive for a reason. They are past.

Deal with it.

razerfingers
10-06-2012, 01:37 AM
Past vanities are exclusive for a reason. They are past.

Deal with it.

Well said.

Apasara
10-06-2012, 02:21 AM
There's no need to bring back the old elite vanities. I just think the 71 helm should be a set with the MFA. I capped at 66 hoping there would be a bonus. Yes I feel extremely cheated. And this is what made me cap. They said exactly this, in these exact words:

Elixirs HALF OFF! Get to 66 before the Humania Expansion arrives and the Mt. Fang Vanity Armor goes away.

I have a pic of it but I don't know how to post pics yet.

Elyseon
10-06-2012, 07:11 AM
I don't see what's wrong with that?
You got the armour didn't you?
Back when I went for CoP the whole goal was the vanity and just being able to say you capped
Now I realize capping is not a challenge anymore
But no one said you needed the vanity or that it would boost your stats

IMO they have done more for 71s this cap than any of the previous caps
2 exclusive elite maps
Preview of the next cap
6 exclusive elite weapons
4 exclusive pet dragons for free
An exclusive dragon vanity set

Apasara
10-06-2012, 08:02 AM
You are the one who capped all the elite levels. You will never understand one who only capped at 66 to get the same thing you got. Smh

Rare
10-06-2012, 08:08 AM
There's no need to bring back the old elite vanities. I just think the 71 helm should be a set with the MFA. I capped at 66 hoping there would be a bonus. Yes I feel extremely cheated. And this is what made me cap. They said exactly this, in these exact words:

Elixirs HALF OFF! Get to 66 before the Humania Expansion arrives and the Mt. Fang Vanity Armor goes away.

I have a pic of it but I don't know how to post pics yet.

Well, in fairness, you got awesome vanity and gear for reaching 66.

Chopper
10-06-2012, 08:18 AM
Sheep and cow?
Donkey and horse, that makes no snse.

Its the opportunity to do something that makes it fair, just like scores start at 0-0, not 100-100. And no, i dont mean the COP, etc available again, i mean the monarch cap giving the same bonus. Fairness.

CrimsonTider
10-06-2012, 08:25 AM
First, if you "searched" and didn't see this previously discussed, you didn't try hard enough.

Second, these items will not, and should not, be brought back. Exclusive items are what allow us to tell the story if PL. If everyone were given the opportunity to go back and earn Founder's, CoP, blah blah blah, then we would not be able to distinguish the true veterans from the newer players. It's really time to move on.

I am going to see one of my favorite bands tonight (Journey). I would give ANYTHING to see Steve Perry singing away, but it is my fault I waited until now to go see them after he left the band.

A line from a famous Rolling Stones song says:

"You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need."

Taaralatie
10-06-2012, 08:37 AM
I am not bragging but I have 3 COPs. I worked my butt off without elixirs for those. I have never worked so hard for anything before but the sense of achievement was fantastic. I would feel belittled if all that hard word were cheapened by handing COPs out to everyone. I do not have a Founder's Helm. I missed out by a few months. I don't feel I should get one. I wasn't here at the start. For the COP, the opportunities were there for everyone playing at that time. It was up to you how you used them. If you have come to the game after this time then that is unfortunate for you but you can't expect a game to retrospectively offer you things because you didn't play at a specific time. It is a game. It evolves. We all evolve. Look to the present and the future and be in control of your destinies.

[Buy]
10-06-2012, 03:33 PM
I do not mind since I played when I was a 56l maximum. But I do not know about the helmet, which in the future could give bonus.V Nuri I shook 50k HP, and I was hacked, stolen schet.I now that I've done more runes 10k on the boss, I have hitherto not have vanity dragon.Dlya would be much easier to swing the 200-600k HP, I only "for". Sorry for bad English.

NECROREAPER
10-06-2012, 03:41 PM
The same could be said about current vanities and how you pretty much *need* plat to get them.

"but I can't afford plat, it's unfair and they should give one to everyone since not everyone can afford plat"

Everything is fair and unfair in its own justifiable right, if it's unfair for you don't try and make it unfair for everyone else

Chopper
10-06-2012, 03:48 PM
The same could be said about current vanities and how you pretty much *need* plat to get them.

"but I can't afford plat, it's unfair and they should give one to everyone since not everyone can afford plat"

Everything is fair and unfair in its own justifiable right, if it's unfair for you don't try and make it unfair for everyone else

different.
Fair = opportunity. People starting the game now can choose to go for the Elite cap now or not. STS chooses to use platinum to overcome the time involvement needed. YOu can spend lots of time or you can speed it up with plat. However, no matter, what, they cannot get the 50HP bonus that used to attach to the previous vanities, thereby making two different classes of players. The loss of that opportunity to equal the playing field has been denied.

Kraze
10-06-2012, 03:52 PM

start earlier

that way its fair
We did its called a founder helm

Kraze
10-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Back when I went for CoP the whole goal was the vanity and just being able to say you capped

2 exclusive elite maps
Preview of the next cap

COP wasn't a vanity remember? It was a set breaking helm. People did it to say they did it. Pre thrash plenty with no elixir on white threat levels. For those of you keeping score at home that threat level reduces the xp per kill and effectively made the 56 grind the hardest to complete.

razerfingers
10-06-2012, 04:10 PM
COP wasn't a vanity remember? It was a set breaking helm. People did it to say they did it. Pre thrash plenty with no elixir on white threat levels. For those of you keeping score at home that threat level reduces the xp per kill and effectively made the 56 grind the hardest to complete.

I remeber that

Elyseon
10-06-2012, 04:18 PM

2 exclusive elite maps
Preview of the next cap

Yeh, sry by vanity i didnt mean vanity class of items, but the pride of it and its look

Elyseon
10-06-2012, 04:26 PM
You are the one who capped all the elite levels. You will never understand one who only capped at 66 to get the same thing you got. Smh
You are correct
You will also never understand one who capped all 3 elite levels with out a stat boost in mind

Zeus
10-06-2012, 04:58 PM
What I find funny is that some of the people who were there during the 55 & 61 cap didn't grind were the very same people who said that they could go without it. Now that the set bonus is pretty rare & useful, they want it.

I say give them a set bonus, but create an entire new set with different bonuses than CoP bonus set. We grinded without a stat bonus in mind, you didn't.

Chopper
10-06-2012, 05:33 PM
What I find funny is that some of the people who were there during the 55 & 61 cap didn't grind were the very same people who said that they could go without it. Now that the set bonus is pretty rare & useful, they want it.

I say give them a set bonus, but create an entire new set with different bonuses than CoP bonus set. We grinded without a stat bonus in mind, you didn't.

this is fair. A new set bonus so people who have all of them can mix and match or choose which one to wear. Also it allows newer players to not be disadvantaged by simply playing later on.

Zeus
10-06-2012, 05:34 PM
this is fair. A new set bonus so people who have all of them can mix and match or choose which one to wear. Also it allows newer players to not be disadvantaged by simply playing later on.

Not mix and match, an entire new set.

You can't compare an apple to an orange...

Elyseon
10-06-2012, 05:36 PM
new helm doesnt even match MFA

Kraze
10-06-2012, 05:42 PM
new helm doesnt even match MFA

Nothing matches that awful thing. But I'm all for pulling stats for all vanities. Would be nice to put my founder helm on and not have to hear about people cry about 5 damage

razerfingers
10-06-2012, 05:55 PM

Lol, dude. You arnt gonna win this debate/discussion/arguement for one. And second, i was around through every cap vanity i had the chance to get each i got halfway to 56 before they raised it and i didnt go for 61 but went for 66 cause there is honestly some ugly armor in the game(no offense devs) but you dont see me crying about some little set bonus. Calm your horses and move on.

Brave Sir Robin
10-06-2012, 06:50 PM
I propose a third chance for those who miss the second chance.

Extreme
10-06-2012, 06:55 PM
I agre but i dont think these will be fair for those who have them since that dungeon was capped

Elyseon
10-06-2012, 06:59 PM
maybe make an NPC anyone can walk up to and he will give you any item you want?
it would be a daily thing like your elixir and blessing

Brave Sir Robin
10-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Great idea. The NPC should be a drop and will grant you 3 wishes, like a djinni.

Elyseon
10-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Great idea. The NPC should be a drop and will grant you 3 wishes, like a djinni.
how can an NPC be a drop o.O

awesome i just got the shadow witch as a drop
then it becomes like pokemon
GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALLL!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!1!!

Brave Sir Robin
10-06-2012, 07:25 PM
how can an NPC be a drop o.O

Easily. He can appear for 30 secs after you kill a boss. Not in your inv.

Chopper
10-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Not mix and match, an entire new set.

You can't compare an apple to an orange...

Yup, I agree, still fair, at least two items form the new set will give the 50Hp bonus.

Elyseon
10-06-2012, 07:44 PM
never had a drop not in my inventory
aww i got a dragon set but it landed on the floor instead of in my inventory

Brave Sir Robin
10-06-2012, 07:55 PM
never had a drop not in my inventory
aww i got a dragon set but it landed on the floor instead of in my inventory

In AO 3 some treasure boxes appear after you kill mobs. E.g. in Intergalactic combat, you kill the karate contestant first, then boxes appear. So instead of a treasure box, it could be a NPC.

Elyseon
10-06-2012, 08:19 PM
:o
i thought that was some type of evil sorcery

Suentous PO
10-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Is it wrong that I want to create a new forum acc, name it "dead horse" then post here-
"hi guys. Be nice to me already."

We have heard back on this before, Techno said no more vanity stats.

razerfingers
10-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Is it wrong that I want to create a new forum acc, name it "dead horse" then post here-
"hi guys. Be nice to me already."

We have heard back on this before, Techno said no more vanity stats.

Well said my man

Blind
10-07-2012, 12:17 AM
Remove the bonus

Suentous PO
10-07-2012, 01:14 AM
Remove the bonus
It has also been said that this will not happen.

vampinoy
10-07-2012, 02:07 AM
This thread again? LOL! broken record...XD

Marcoolio
10-07-2012, 05:23 AM
Crimsontider and Apollo, ur both words is what separates veterans and new players.

If u missed a train you cant just complain that train comes back to pick you up..

Its huge difference to play lvl1-71 waiting every cap and taking elites, not knowing set bonuses.

Or, take elix and grind couple days to up 71..and get same bonus

I miss founder helm about month but why i cry about that. I dont earn it so why new palyers earn all veteran vanitys?

Taking set bonuss off makes many veteran/plat spender quiting..

thecrankybearsam
10-07-2012, 09:55 AM
this would be nice for people like me. I always stay at the level before the cap, because I hardly ever get platinum, and I'm not even gonna waste 40 hours trying to cap without elixirs.

hansella
10-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Until the Devs set up a vanity welfare program for those who feel entitled to rewards without effort or personal contribution I think this will remain a dead issue. If Obama-care couldn't even make it past the Alterrian House of Reps this Bill doesn't have a shot, and as previously stated Techno already used a Pocket Veto and **** it down. "No one gives it to you. You have to take it." -Frank Costello

Brave Sir Robin
10-07-2012, 11:22 AM

This is different. It's not about the bonus with new/forthcoming vanities, but the OP asks for a chance to get discontinued vanities.

Vamp, you have played many games. Could you inform us about the situation with discontinued items in other MMOs? Are there discontinued and untradeable items that give their owners a permanent advantage over newer players? What happens in GW, WoW and O&C?

Chopper
10-07-2012, 12:17 PM
Does anyone else have a problem with leaving a review on the App Store for Pocket Legends? Reviewing seems to be down or offline right now. I want to warn new players that STS will treat them like second class citizens thanks to this unfair treatment of Elite Vanities.

Roberto077
10-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Founders gear will never be given out again and I don't think they old exclusives should be brought back because then almost everybody 61+ would have the CoP and Hallowed Shield. Fang Armor would still have a challenge for levels 66-.

Roberto077
10-07-2012, 12:25 PM
How is it unfair? The people who got them worked for them and now STS is starting to release NEW ones that ANYONE can get. Its not unfair if your getting a chance to get an updated set.

Chopper
10-07-2012, 12:36 PM
How is it unfair? The people who got them worked for them and now STS is starting to release NEW ones that ANYONE can get. Its not unfair if your getting a chance to get an updated set.

New ones dont have 50Hp bonus. STS only decided this after the fact and after promoting the MFA hard and making lots of profit under the expectation that the practice of set bonuses would continue as per 100% of the previous Elite Vanities.

What you are seeing here are people who have the previous set bonus opposing a levelling of the playing field and opportunity. Why else would they be so adamant that the new Elites dont have any set bonuses?

Dragon sets give like +10 dmg and costs 2M5-40M gold on the market. Imagine what a 50HP, etc. bonus set would be worth?

Suentous PO
10-07-2012, 12:36 PM
STS will treat them like second class citizens
Really? That's as fair a comparison to me saying you have first world problems. Your overblowing it a bit.

Xionskull
10-07-2012, 12:39 PM
I don't agree.

I DISAGREE! Life is not fair peeps. You didn't cap at bale,nuri,fang. Then that's ur problem! Lol I didn't get those caps but the DEVS, said that they won't bring em back, so they won't. Deal with it.

X

Xionskull
10-07-2012, 12:41 PM

This is different. It's not about the bonus with new/forthcoming vanities, but the OP asks for a chance to get discontinued vanities.

Vamp, you have played many games. Could you inform us about the situation with discontinued items in other MMOs? Are there discontinued and untradeable items that give their owners a permanent advantage over newer players? What happens in GW, WoW and O&C?

That will never happen kthxbai

X

Chopper
10-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Really? That's as fair a comparison to me saying you have first world problems. Your overblowing it a bit.

No, treated like second class citizens of Alterra, Pocket Legends. Games are meant to be fair. This one is not unless they fix this.

StompArtist
10-07-2012, 12:45 PM
No, treated like second class citizens of Alterra, Pocket Legends. Games are meant to be fair. This one is not unless they fix this.

Give me your goldz I r third class.

Brave Sir Robin
10-07-2012, 12:49 PM

That will never happen kthxbai

X

Well tell it to the OP, not me :) I never proposed such a thing, I just asked an expert a simple question.

Suentous PO
10-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Give me your goldz I r third class.
I'll fighcha fer a buss pass onna Jerry Springer
We can go 4th class

razerfingers
10-07-2012, 01:21 PM

No game is fair lol! World of warcraft, order and chaos, guild wars, and any other MMO or online game isnt gonna be fair theres gonna be the fuy that pays more money than you therfore he fets better items or cooler looking stuff.

Blind
10-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Giving an opportunity to go for a vanity again - no freaking way, i'll hang my bird.
Remove the bonus - why not :-) , (keep the sparkles though)

Chopper
10-07-2012, 01:24 PM
not talking about paying more money. Fair as in opportunity to play on a level playing field so if you choose to spend more time or money, you have the same opportunity as another player doing the same thing.

Deathpunch
10-07-2012, 01:54 PM
I say no, all it will do is get the cap vanity wailers in SL started again. Plus, fairness? Nobody ever said anything is fair. Sorry about your luck, don't pvp against people that you feel have an "unfair" advantage.

-----
*insert witty tapatalk sig here*

Chopper
10-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Nobody ever said anything is fair.

im guessing you missed earlier posts. Good games are build on the concept of fairness, just like sport games that start 0-0 and have an established set of rules. People can enjoy them and participate on the basis of them offering the same opportunity to be good at them or not, etc. Assuming STS wants PL to be a good game and fair to all players, this issue sticks out.

Besides, just because things are unfair, does not mean people should not voice opinions about the unfairness or hope for change for the better. Most civil rights movements are based on this. Would you be going around in the 1960s telling people to shut up, life is unfair and dont complain about human rights and equality? why is people discussing the concept of unfairness, offensive to you?

Deathpunch
10-07-2012, 02:09 PM
im guessing you missed earlier posts. Good games are build on the concept of fairness, just like sport games that start 0-0 and have an established set of rules. People can enjoy them and participate on the basis of them offering the same opportunity to be good at them or not, etc. Assuming STS wants PL to be a good game and fair to all players, this issue sticks out.

Besides, just because things are unfair, does not mean people should not voice opinions about the unfairness or hope for change for the better. Most civil rights movements are based on this. Would you be going around in the 1960s telling people to shut up, life is unfair and dont complain about human rights and equality? why is people discussing the concept of unfairness, offensive to you?

Lulz, you can't compare the civil rights movement to this game. That's foolish. There's a big difference. I have yet to see anyone lynched because they don't have a founders helm. Try again.

-----

Patricks
10-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Nobody ever said anything is fair.

This is psycho. You are comparing squabbles over items in an iPhone game with civil rights movements.

You think u r Martin Luther King?

Deathpunch
10-07-2012, 02:19 PM
This is psycho. You are comparing squabbles over items in an iPhone game with civil rights movements.

You think u r Martin Luther King?

I have a dream. A dream where every man, regardless of account creation date, has a founders helm.

-----

Chopper
10-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Lulz, you can't compare the civil rights movement to this game. That's foolish. There's a big difference. I have yet to see anyone lynched because they don't have a founders helm. Try again.

again, you missed the point. It's foolish to just respond with 'things are unfair' when others are discussing unfairness. BY that attitude, you can say that anytime someone is discussing things that are unfair. All you are really trying to hide is that you dont care much about the issue but obviously others do.

try again

Deathpunch
10-07-2012, 02:21 PM
again, you missed the point. It's foolish to just respond with 'things are unfair' when others are discussing unfairness. BY that attitude, you can say that anytime someone is discussing things that are unfair. All you are really trying to hide is that you dont care much about the issue but obviously others do.

try again

Truth is I couldn't possibly care less, I don't play PL. However, I do care when people start crying, saying they deserve something that others have just because of the fact that they don't have it and others do.

-----

Chopper
10-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Truth is I couldn't possibly care less, I don't play PL. However, I do care when people start crying, saying they deserve something that others have just because of the fact that they don't have it and others do.

like civil rights? :)

Patricks
10-07-2012, 02:39 PM

try again

I think the point being missed here is that you have such DISRESPECT towards civil rights movements that you would dare compare it to something like in game items.

This is NOT a human rights issue, so do not marginalize real life movements and sacrifices just so you can get a little more bonus on your iPhone game.

Brave Sir Robin
10-07-2012, 02:41 PM

Some other people start crying because they don't want to lose their exclusive superiority. Unfortunately, as a wise forum member stated before me, he who complains first wins :)

Chopper
10-07-2012, 02:48 PM
No disrespect to civil rights movements at all, but the concept of speaking up about unfairness is something i believe in universally. It's some of the other members who seem to object to others voicing opinions on an unfair system. I wonder why? Because they are probably benefitting form that unfair system. People should ask themselves, why they need to attack others who are pointing out unfairness? It's a good lesson for all aspects of life.

razerfingers
10-07-2012, 02:52 PM

-----

Like snowman helmets?

Apasara
10-07-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm starting to think about this all a bit. Sts has really put a lot of work in their game to make it better. But this again.. Is only for elites who cap at 71 that can get in these exclusive dungeons and get exclusive stuff. As for the people who can only get to 70 has to stay just in the normal Humania maps and a paid map. All that just for elites. Yeh I get they earn getting to 71, get rewarded a vanity helm but putting in all that effort just for 71's is a bit over the top. Now the people who can't get to 71 miss out on all that.

All this work. Just for elites? Mmk. I get ya. Atleast let level 70's in or something? Maybe we wouldn't be complaining as much about a stupid bonus.

razerfingers
10-07-2012, 03:16 PM
I'm starting to think about this all a bit. Sts has really put a lot of work in their game to make it better. But this again.. Is only for elites who cap at 71 that can get in these exclusive dungeons and get exclusive stuff. As for the people who can only get to 70 has to stay just in the normal Humania maps and a paid map. All that just for elites. Yeh I get they earn getting to 71, get rewarded a vanity helm but putting in all that effort just for 71's is a bit over the top. Now the people who can't get to 71 miss out on all that.

All this work. Just for elites? Mmk. I get ya. Atleast let level 70's in or something? Maybe we wouldn't be complaining as much about a stupid bonus.

I dont see how me spending $50 to get to 71 then letting someone who didnt hit 71 enter... It would be pretty irritating on my part even if they made quest only for 71 it still would be jacked up imo

Suentous PO
10-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Ok but comparing this to civil rights is sooo off base as to necessitate a tinfoil hat.
You aren't being attacked, you just won't accept it.
There will be no more. They won't take away old ones. Now what?

P.s. Dead horse, ily

ninjaduck
10-07-2012, 03:24 PM
I grind from 1 to 66, in one day, get bored, delete. Way of life

Rare
10-07-2012, 03:58 PM
Does anyone else have a problem with leaving a review on the App Store for Pocket Legends? Reviewing seems to be down or offline right now. I want to warn new players that STS will treat them like second class citizens thanks to this unfair treatment of Elite Vanities.

Lol. That's absurd

Brave Sir Robin
10-07-2012, 03:59 PM

To be fair, we have to mention that a lot was done for this level cap. 2 elite dungeons, exclusive weapons, pets... Not to mention other changes which breathed life into the game, like Nuri's new dungeon / equipment, Forgotten (despite the ambiguity lol), blessings. I liked Nuri's so much that I was upset when it was just a dead area...

I generally agree with your views, but seeing all this I could not give them a negative review :)

This issue is probably the last waiting to be taken care of. It is still important though.

Brave Sir Robin
10-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Lol. That's absurd

OMG 2-1 lol

Chopper
10-07-2012, 04:33 PM
To be fair, we have to mention that a lot was done for this level cap. 2 elite dungeons, exclusive weapons, pets... Not to mention other changes which breathed life into the game, like Nuri's new dungeon / equipment, Forgotten (despite the ambiguity lol), blessings. I liked Nuri's so much that I was upset when it was just a dead area...

I generally agree with your views, but seeing all this I could not give them a negative review :)

This issue is probably the last waiting to be taken care of. It is still important though.

Yes, i agree. The Elite dungeons and forgotten campaign are nice developments and I give props where they are due.
My overall view of STS is still affected by the other issue though so it does affect it and others should know about it too when joining. I can't imagine wanting new players to know information can be a bad thing.

razerfingers
10-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Yes, i agree. The Elite dungeons and forgotten campaign are nice developments and I give props where they are due.
My overall view of STS is still affected by the other issue though so it does affect it and others should know about it too when joining. I can't imagine wanting new players to know information can be a bad thing.

Well, it makes new players say wow wish i played earlier. Not their fault and dont put the blame on the ones who grinded and recived the award without knowing it will create a bonus...

Brave Sir Robin
10-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Well, it makes new players say wow wish i played earlier. Not their fault and dont put the blame on the ones who grinded and recived the award without knowing it will create a bonus...

Well it's a fact though, isn't it? :) Especially if someone is interested in end game PvP, it is fair to be informed about the current situation.

He doesn't blame other players, it's just that every time we discuss this topic some people become overly passionate about it and it looks as though the matter is personal. That we discuss in writing makes things more difficult, as some messages can be easily misunderstood.

Suentous PO
10-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Respectfully stepping out of this thread. It's a difference in opinion. Yours is that the stats are unfair, mine is that they are insignificant to my enjoyment of the game.
Cheers

Rare
10-07-2012, 05:10 PM
OMG 2-1 lol

I got one!!! Lol

Rare
10-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Well it's a fact though, isn't it? :) Especially if someone is interested in end game PvP, it is fair to be informed about the current situation.

Not a big pvper in PL. I don't understand how such small stat bumps at end game can matter. From the outside looking in, it sounds more like "I'm really not that good and need an excuse for why I'm getting beat"

EvilSanta
10-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Well I wouldn't mind a second chance though I think they would be fair and make it unique in being rare so that it won't ruin it for those that have gotten the item

Rare
10-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Well I wouldn't mind a second chance though I think they would be fair and make it unique in being rare so that it won't ruin it for those that have gotten the item

Well if we are talking about a second chance, then they cannot also be unique.

Brave Sir Robin
10-07-2012, 05:18 PM
Respectfully stepping out of this thread. It's a difference in opinion. Yours is that the stats are unfair, mine is that they are insignificant to my enjoyment of the game.
Cheers

"Friendship that insists on agreement on all matters is not worth the name. Friendship to be real must ever sustain the weight of honest differences, however sharp they be."

Mahatma Ghandi :)

Not a big pvper in PL. I don't understand how such small stat bumps at end game can matter. From the outside looking in, it sounds more like "I'm really not that good and need an excuse for why I'm getting beat"

It's +5 Dodge, +50 Health, +10 Armor for 2 items. More for 3. Not an expert either, but to me it looks important.

Chopper
10-07-2012, 05:25 PM
I've said it a bunch of times before, but i'll say it again so it's clear, I dont PvP. I am speaking from the perspective of Yeti's kicking my butt and those 50HP would do me a world of good in surviving solo runs.

Also, as i said before, people can have the opinion that the stats are insignificant (although any suggestion that the stats for the old Elites be removed are always met with outrage and threats to quit), but comparing it to Dragon gear where you get like 10 extra dmg and they sell for 25M-40M gold each set, it's pretty obvious that an item that can give you 50HP, plus other set bonuses would be off-the-chart valuable.

CrimsonTider
10-07-2012, 05:25 PM

In a year, when you are one of the few with a Monarch Helm, we will see if you have the same view.

The main point no one has mentioned is foreshadowing. STS cannot predict who will/won't grind for future caps just like they cannot go back and predict all the whining which is going on now. It is easy for people to now say they would have grinded "if they only would have known." I hate repeating myself but I will in this case: I have been around longer than most who whine about this issue and I DO NOT have a Founder's helm. I never will and don't want one. I think it adds to the PL "folklore" seeing individuals with rare/discontinued items.

Time to move on.

EDIT: 50 hp isn't gonna save you when a Yeti/Vlod/Goldfever/whatever decides to crit you.

Chopper
10-07-2012, 05:35 PM
In a year, when you are one of the few with a Monarch Helm, we will see if you have the same view...

EDIT: 50 hp isn't gonna save you when a Yeti/Vlod/Goldfever/whatever decides to crit you.

I guarantee you i will have the same view. I believe in the concept of fairness in games. New Elite Vanities in the future should have set bonuses to compare with older Elite items. I dont care when the MFA or Monarch Helm or whatever new items gives the bonus, so long as players get the same opportunity. And by your statement, you are implying that those who have the Nuri Shield and CoP now are biased in their view because they have them, which is exactly what i suspect.

And maybe not every time, but i end up with a sliver or no health after the first hit and then before my heal works, a stupid lesser bad guy taps me and i die before i heal. I think those 50Hp, especially since there is no other comparable item in the game that can raise your HP by a whopping 50Hp, can make a big difference. Most characters have around 400HP, whch is what we start with, basically. The game is frustrating on not allowing you to boost your health of any significance, except through these Elite Vanity bonuses.

Kraze
10-07-2012, 05:42 PM

In a year, when you are one of the few with a Monarch Helm, we will see if you have the same view.

The main point no one has mentioned is foreshadowing. STS cannot predict who will/won't grind for future caps just like they cannot go back and predict all the whining which is going on now. It is easy for people to now say they would have grinded "if they only would have known." I hate repeating myself but I will in this case: I have been around longer than most who whine about this issue and I DO NOT have a Founder's helm. I never will and don't want one. I think it adds to the PL "folklore" seeing individuals with rare/discontinued items.

Time to move on.

LIES!!!! Everyone wants the founders helm of instant pwn. But yeah horse is dead. The people that have the vanities have them. Not going to change and nor should it. Forgive the lack of diplomacy but needs to be said get over it or find a new game to play.

Chopper
10-07-2012, 05:49 PM
...Forgive the lack of diplomacy but needs to be said get over it or find a new game to play.

Exactly why new players should be warned, so they can be given the choice to find a new game to play or play under an unfair system until STS fixes the problem.

CrimsonTider
10-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Exactly why new players should be warned, so they can be given the choice to find a new game to play or play under an unfair system until STS fixes the problem.

It's not a problem. Only problem is people continue to make excuses/reasons for why they should have something they weren't around for. Trust me, with your "fairness" attitude, you wouldn't have handled the 83k xp, non-Thrasher's, lose your elixir if you die Sewer world because all of that would be "unfair" by today's PL.

Kraze
10-07-2012, 06:25 PM
...Forgive the lack of diplomacy but needs to be said get over it or find a new game to play.

No players are not the one making mountains from mole hills. Toy are playing the martyr here and when that doesn't work you feel the need to take your show on the road? Cold hard truth of the world kid you don't always get what you want. Time to move on

Kraze
10-07-2012, 06:28 PM

It's not a problem. Only problem is people continue to make excuses/reasons for why they should have something they weren't around for. Trust me, with your "fairness" attitude, you wouldn't have handled the 83k xp, non-Thrasher's, lose your elixir if you die Sewer world because all of that would be "unfair" by today's PL.

<<<<<<guilty of taunting traps when he saw people of the xp pots

NECROREAPER
10-07-2012, 07:22 PM
different.
Fair = opportunity. People starting the game now can choose to go for the Elite cap now or not. STS chooses to use platinum to overcome the time involvement needed. YOu can spend lots of time or you can speed it up with plat. However, no matter, what, they cannot get the 50HP bonus that used to attach to the previous vanities, thereby making two different classes of players. The loss of that opportunity to equal the playing field has been denied.

Fair=/= oppurtunity. Is it fair that illegal immigrants sneak into the country so they can get an equal oppurtunity as Americans? And no you'll say "that's totally different," whatever. Point is this, and this should be the end of the thread right here:

This is STS's game, theyll do with it as they see fit, and we can whine and complain all we want, it still doesn't matter. Besides, they already said the items will never come back and the bonus will never go away, end of story.

Hell, we technically dont even own our characters, accounts, items, or anything else in any of STS's games per their TOS.

GET OVER IT EVERYONE

Noodleleg
10-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Here's my opinion... All old school veterans have the right to keep their precious elite vanities exclusive. I'm not saying give new guys like I COPs and SHs... But I'd like a chance to get new vanities that sparkle and have almost the same stat bonus. Just because I joined late doesn't mean I should be left out D:!

CrimsonTider
10-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Here's my opinion... All old school veterans have the right to keep their precious elite vanities exclusive. I'm not saying give new guys like I COPs and SHs... But I'd like a chance to get new vanities that sparkle and have almost the same stat bonus. Just because I joined late doesn't mean I should be left out D:!

Actually.... it does Noods. I joined late, missed out on Founder's and missed Halloween 2010 by 1 week. Oh well. I missed out on the Avengers plat packs cause I took a break. Oh well.

Life is full of "oh wells".

Also, many of us have stated we would do without the bonuses. Would everyone still want to grind for them if bonuses were removed?? Nope.

Superduper
10-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Nothing matches that awful thing. But I'm all for pulling stats for all vanities. Would be nice to put my founder helm on and not have to hear about people cry about 5 damage

Wear that with pride!

Kraze
10-07-2012, 08:12 PM

Wear that with pride!

Oh I do and I refuse to participate in any tournament or anything of the sort that excludes it going forward

Zeus
10-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Oh I do and I refuse to participate in any tournament or anything of the sort that excludes it going forward

LIES! You participated in CrimsonTider's tournament and it banned founders. :D

Kraze
10-07-2012, 08:25 PM

LIES! You participated in CrimsonTider's tournament and it banned founders. :D

Decided when I saw the l17, after I defended the rights of endgamers to keep the vanity sets exclusive.

Zeus
10-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Decided when I saw the l17, after I defended the rights of endgamers to keep the vanity sets exclusive.

Ah, I see. Well, if I host any end game tourneys, I'm also banning vanity sets, just saying. So there's no double standard from me that you'll see. :)

Shyperskel
10-07-2012, 09:50 PM
oh maybe just restart the whole game with a 25 cap?
Suppose the dev's do take this into consideration, and suppose you had a lvl 71 mage in which you spent almost $50 on leveling with elixirs. would you be happy to restart from 25? and all of that hard work gone to waste? alot of people are going to be really angry if they restart at 25 and most likely will quit.

vampinoy
10-07-2012, 10:05 PM

Nope, there are no discontinued items that gives permanent advantage over newer players in all other games I played. If it has any influence in combat, it's definitely accessible to all players. If you look outside of PL, it will support this thread for sure.

But PL has its own style of doing things. Rather than abruptly change something they prefer time to work for them. Maybe this is the best way to avoid older players feeling unimportant. By not giving bonuses in future vanities, in the long run, you will see less and less of these old vanities...and more "true vanities" without stats. So it's not an overnight solution, true, but somewhere down the road, these older players with old vanities will slowly disappear to move on doing better things in life or in other games...let them enjoy this time with their remaining time, soon, the time of non-stat'd vanities will come. Patience, I think STS is on this thread's side, but they took the longer route.

Delphina
10-07-2012, 10:27 PM
Thread closed

1. Please Respect Others.
The purpose of the forum is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas. Occasionally, conflicts may arise when people voice opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others. Debating the opinion is appropriate, however criticism against the originator of the opinion is not allowed. Disrespect can be construed as flaming, trolling, harassing, profanity, abusive language or abbreviations, personal attacks, racial, religious, ethnic, sexual slurs, or similar behavior/language.

Flaming is defined as posts which are designed to personally berate or insult another.

Trolling is defined as deliberately posting derogatory, inflammatory comments/threads in order to bait other users into responding. Trolling or accusing someone of being a troll is also a form of trolling and is not permitted.

Posts similar to “Moderator Notified” or “Needs thread lock” are discouraged, as these types of posts are a form of trolling. If a thread is in violation of the forum rules, use the notify moderator button or send a private message to a moderator or administrator directly.

Personal attacks include, but are not limited to insulting a poster directly:

Example: “You are stupid, you suck, and you should [censored].”

The above are a just few examples of behavior that is not tolerated on the forums. Basically, play nice and get along. Thanks!