PDA

View Full Version : Mounts?

Zaheris
10-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Pets are pretty cool, especially the dragons, but unfortunately they have no practical application (other than to show people how rich you are :greedy_dollars: ) so it would be nice to have a whole new line of pets: ones that you can ride. Horses are the obvious choice, but why not get creative with things like unicorns, lions, and raging bulls? You could be able to equip your steed with a saddle, stick it in some armor, and give it a weapon like steel horseshoes for horses/unicorns, or perhaps a special horn covering for bulls. Apart from attacking, it would be cool if they increased your speed and evasion. They would be able to die, but also be revived by a mage. Finally, I would want to be able to ride them in towns because they would make getting around faster and look really cool. Anybody else have ideas for rideable pets?

Mastercon
10-04-2012, 07:53 PM
I'm all for it. I could see a rare vanity drop mount from each zone.
And you also might have to do a quest or something to be able to ride mounts. :D

Zaheris
10-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Cool, so each mount would have the theme of the area?

KingFu
10-04-2012, 08:41 PM
No way! Why hasn't this been suggested before?!!!!!!

Sryyoulose
10-04-2012, 08:45 PM
No way! Why hasn't this been suggested before?!!!!!!

Because nobody thought of it and posted it.
DUH!
But seriously great idea, I mean these spiders are big enough to ride so it's not like there's a space issue.
But great idea even if it's not implemented!

Xionskull
10-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Lol this idea has been brought up. 577,789,145.9 times. No joke. I'm serious. Use tha search bar to see if there is an idea(s) posted, before you double post.
Ty!

X

OverkillED
10-08-2012, 02:51 AM
Well, the thing is, mounts are pointless. There is no exploration in this game. You can just teleport using the world map and the world is relatively small and the dungeons are instanced. Using mounts in the dungeons would make transportation easier, but it would make the dungeons run too fast. It would just be another thing to show people how much money you have or how many countless hours/days/weeks/months you have farmed for it. If the world was bigger and some places couldn't be teleported to and had views worth seeing, then mounts would be awesome.

Sorry if my opinion of mounts is biased.

nomad187
10-08-2012, 06:45 AM
Lol this idea has been brought up. 577,789,145.9 times. No joke. I'm serious. Use tha search bar to see if there is an idea(s) posted, before you double post.
Ty!

X

Your statement has been said 577,789,145.9 times. No joke. I'm serious. Use tha search bar to see if there is a response like yours posted before you make a double statement.
Ty!

Traebeles99
10-08-2012, 07:45 AM
I love this idea but doubt people will actually vote for this in game or ave devs put it in sry.

Xionskull
10-08-2012, 08:06 AM
Ty!

X

Your statement has been said 577,789,145.9 times. No joke. I'm serious. Use tha search bar to see if there is a response like yours posted before you make a double statement.
Ty!

Post*

Yich
10-08-2012, 10:53 AM
Ty!

How cute :)

drewcapu
10-08-2012, 12:47 PM
I've said it before (in chat).

I'll say it again.

Human mounts.

StompArtist
10-08-2012, 12:49 PM
Well with all them portals, where will you go with said mount???

Kaytar
10-08-2012, 01:07 PM
No thanks. They would add another excuse to losing in PvP "mount made me lagg".

nomad187
10-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Ty!

X

Ty!

Post*

Read further grasshopper. I used statement in the beginning, you did not. Therefore, my ending is correct, your correction is not.

Nihiliste
10-08-2012, 04:28 PM
I'd take a lion mount any day.

Covert
10-08-2012, 04:36 PM
@nomad remind me to thank ur posts later

and id like a floating banana mount plz

vampinoy
10-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Well, the thing is, mounts are pointless. There is no exploration in this game. You can just teleport using the world map and the world is relatively small and the dungeons are instanced. Using mounts in the dungeons would make transportation easier, but it would make the dungeons run too fast. It would just be another thing to show people how much money you have or how many countless hours/days/weeks/months you have farmed for it. If the world was bigger and some places couldn't be teleported to and had views worth seeing, then mounts would be awesome.

Sorry if my opinion of mounts is biased.

I agree, no exploration, mounts are pointless. Mounts are generally used in sandbox type of games a.k.a non-linear open worlds. I rather see them focus on pets and improve on it. Pets can also add stat boosts right? Mounts are specifically made to make toons increase in mobility whether walk speed, swim speed, or flight. Overkill for a linear game where it's only point a to point b, with instant teleport.

Thasaint
10-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Mounts would be more of a look than a function. Same with MOST vanities and pets. They'd just add some customization to the character.

Paar
10-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Meow

Kraze
10-08-2012, 10:05 PM
I've said it before (in chat).

I'll say it again.

Human mounts.

I just want human pets...and mounts are an awful idea we don't really walk anywhere and would just create lag. The almost as often requested player houses would be better

KingFu
10-09-2012, 01:13 AM
I just want human pets...and mounts are an awful idea we don't really walk anywhere and would just create lag. The almost as often requested player houses would be better

I'd love to see where PL would be if it weren't for SL, DL, and soon to be AL. Remember the super old roadmap?

OverkillED
10-09-2012, 03:08 AM
I'd love to see where PL would be if it weren't for SL, DL, and soon to be AL. Remember the super old roadmap?

You mean old forest haven with the zombies without a certain amount of enemies? I loved old FH. :(

StompArtist
10-09-2012, 01:00 PM

It was here http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?p=36170#post36170 but it has been deleted :(

Dalinuel
10-11-2012, 06:16 AM
Only if i can get a liger mount!

Elyseon
10-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Yeh what if mount fang is just part of a whole Mtn Range :OOOOOO

OvigorothO
10-11-2012, 05:58 PM
How would a bird look mounting a horse? Don't get me started on how much lag it will cause. Could be abused as a lag switch? And like overkilled said there is no purpose to having a mount since you can just teleport with the map.

Lugon
10-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Having mounts will be bigger then the characters. And not much room if your in places like BC then it will be packed. And really I don't see a point in mounts because you would only use them in town. For PVE they should just make your Pet attack.
But if STS would consider mounts they would have to increase each Maps size and amount of available shop sources or everything will get too crowded. And it WILL be hard to tap the Auction men with Huge mounts here and there. So adding mount's will be a HUGE reconstruction of the game's design. PS: The legs of the characters would look weird when there opened on the mounts for how small they are.

Lugon
10-11-2012, 09:12 PM

Exactly.

Zaheris
10-19-2012, 01:27 PM
I don't think it would make things too fast- farmers want to get to the boss ASAP, so it would help them, along with making it easier for mages and birds to get out of the way of enemies, and increasing the armor of tanks. The one thing I would be a little worried about is more scatter bears :(

Zaheris
10-19-2012, 04:06 PM
-_- The ONE time I think of a good idea a million people have thought of it already...