PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know -Gangmanstylee???

Grap3ape
10-05-2012, 08:18 AM
There is someone named "Gangmanstylee" in the game who has been. Contacting me va private chat in the game. He has been asking for my email and pw because I have allegedly one a founders helm. Does this sound shady to u or is it me??

I hope it sounds shady to you too or you just
Might get got. Protect yourself's out there from account there from account theft which is also a form of identity theft. I know I've worked hard for all my swag and getting it stollen is not
My cup of tea. There getting clever out there, stay on your toes.

He told me he was a Dev also.... So any real devs can you confirm or disprove him here or in a pm.

Thanks for your time

KForce -70 pure dex archer

^^^^^ ...yup I'm up there...^^^^^
"wheres my water"..??

Hiii...how are you?
Kforce 70 Archer.

Grap3ape
10-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Bump!!!

"wheres my water"..??

Hiii...how are you?
Kforce 70 Archer.

Taaralatie
10-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Founders helms cannot be traded. No one should be giving or asking for emails and passwords. There is a notice everytime you start a map to this effect. Whoever they are, they would never be a dev asking for these details. I suggest that you report them to support with as much information as you can give them. But, this is not the place to bring up individuals names and alleged scams. Please email support.

Zapoke
10-05-2012, 08:24 AM
Devs will never ask for your account information, because they already have access to it.

Taaralatie
10-05-2012, 08:25 AM
And you bumped your own thread 2 mins after creating it! Good going kiddo!

CrimsonTider
10-05-2012, 08:28 AM
Report the idiot and take screenshots of the pm's if you can. Sounds like we have a new scam on our hands.

Griffinfan
10-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Report the idiot and take screenshots of the pm's if you can. Sounds like we have a new scam on our hands.

As if there aren't enough scams already out there ughhhh

Grap3ape
10-05-2012, 08:36 AM
I have and this is the second day he's still trying and I've been playing dum. Yesterday he tried to get me to change my acct email and today he flat out asked for my email and pw....

EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!
New played be carfu out there DEV's names are ALWAYS \\\RED//// not BLUE not PURPLE even if your in the shadow cave it's will still show \\\\RED/////.

So like I said be carefully!!

"wheres my water"..??

Hiii...how are you?
Kforce 70 Archer.

Grap3ape
10-05-2012, 09:15 AM
"wheres my water"..??

Hiii...how are you?
Kforce 70 Archer.

CrimsonTider
10-05-2012, 09:49 AM
First, don't bump. You will get enough views.

Second, if he/she is still doing it, give them a fake email like: imreallynotthatstupid@goaway.com.

Works like a charm. :)

EDIT: Let the spam bots click on that email! Ha!

Yich
10-05-2012, 10:39 AM
First, don't bump. You will get enough views.

Second, if he/she is still doing it, give them a fake email like: imreallynotthatstupid@goaway.com.

Works like a charm. :)

EDIT: Let the spam bots click on that email! Ha!

Ikr.

Bless
10-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Ik someone who brought a founders and surprisingly the devs did the transfer which is fishy cuz that person is well respected.

Bigsleazy
10-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Nah. Sounds legit, everyone knows the famous dev "gangnamstylee" who spells won as one. I would go for it

Taaralatie
10-05-2012, 12:00 PM
One question? Why haven't you added him to your ignore list? Here I will make it easy for you.

Step 1. Ignore said person

Step 2. Email support with the details

Step 3. All done. Walk away. Leave it alone and move on with your game playing.

Yes, it really is that simple!

Ephesius
10-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Make a new account lvl 1 and give them it

Cobraguy
10-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Make a new account lvl 1 and give them it

Go ahead and do that if you want a device ban for sharing ANY kind of account information. :)

WoundedEagle
10-05-2012, 07:00 PM
And you bumped your own thread 2 mins after creating it! Good going kiddo!

Some forums are a little more popular then ours. He isn't used to that I guess. Cut 'em some slack.

Grap3ape
10-05-2012, 08:03 PM
One question? Why haven't you added him to your ignore list? Here I will make it easy for you.

Step 1. Ignore said person

Step 2. Email support with the details

Step 3. All done. Walk away. Leave it alone and move on with your game playing.

Yes, it really is that simple!

Your right it is simple but I'd figure I'd try to help his next potential victim out as the may recognize his name from reading this....smart guy block is easy
Ganking a noob is easier...

"wheres my water"..??

Hiii...how are you?
Kforce 70 Archer.

Grap3ape
10-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Some forums are a little more popular then ours. He isn't used to that I guess. Cut 'em some slack.

Thanks for understanding

"wheres my water"..??

Hiii...how are you?
Kforce 70 Archer.

Taaralatie
10-06-2012, 05:34 AM
Your right it is simple but I'd figure I'd try to help his next potential victim out as the may recognize his name from reading this....smart guy block is easy
Ganking a noob is easier...

"wheres my water"..??

Hiii...how are you?
Kforce 70 Archer.

All matters regarding 'alleged' scams are for STS to deal with not individuals. Names should not be announced on forums. What if you had fabricated this story? Or misunderstood the intentions of another player? It is not for you or us to judge people or ruin their reputation. That doesn't mean I don't believe you but the forums are not the place to deal with these matters. In future just email support with your evidence/details. Let the experts with all the facts deal with the problem.

Taaralatie
10-06-2012, 05:37 AM

Really? In the time it took me to reply to his original post, yes just 2 mins, he had bumped the thread. Come on guys, use your initiatives!

Grap3ape
10-06-2012, 07:17 AM
Really? In the time it took me to reply to his original post, yes just 2 mins, he had bumped the thread. Come on guys, use your initiatives!

I bumped because it was important to me to let other people know before it happened and on other forums I am a member of it Is not frowned upon to bump your own thread especially if it's important... So in short I won't Bump anymore.. Ok...ok thanks for being understanding....

"wheres my water"..??

Hiii...how are you?
Kforce 70 Archer.

Taaralatie
10-06-2012, 07:43 AM
Ok...ok thanks for being understanding

I am understanding. I gave you good advice within 3 mins of you posting. I also clarified and simplified that advice for you. I needn't have done anything. I am merely explaining how you should proceed in future if you experience a similar problem again.

FYI if you click on the red button on top of screen called Forum Rules (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules) it explains what sort of posts are not permitted and also that bumping threads is not permitted.

Apologies if I came across harshly but the information is there if you care to search for it.