PDA

View Full Version : Level 86 Expansion Teaser Part 2- a mini preview of "The Elder Woods!"

Remiem
08-16-2023, 06:29 AM

Another denizen of the Elder Woods has passed through the veil! If you visit Windmoore Town this week, you may encounter Professor Fang and his imposing companion! If you deign to speak with him, you may learn more about what’s to come.

Elder Woods Elements

Monsters throughout the Elder Woods are capable of inflicting various forms of 'elemental' damage! A potent 'Nature' damage is available to inhabitants of the Hollow Grove and Ash Forest areas while a deadly 'Shadow' effect can be applied by creatures in the depths of the Indigo Caverns and the Blue Abyss. An even more lethal 'Cosmic' type is possessed by the mysterious creature that crashed to Arlor in a brilliant meteor.

To combat this powerful threat you'll need equipment that resists incoming damage of these varying types. Fortunately, gear with resistance drops in the Elder Woods areas! Equip this new stuff so you have the best chance at survival.

Powerful New Weapons

A brief chat with Professor Fang will reveal his excitement for special new weaponry: creations that are in development at Rusk Industries and also available to loot while adventuring in the Elder Woods!

The Chain Sword

Comprised of numerous razor-sharp pieces held together with Arcanite filament this weapon allows the Warrior to strike at range. The blade unfurls like a steel whip to deal damage before retracting via an ingenious mechanism in the hilt!

The Orb

This class of weaponry spans a variety of types: Cursed Tomes, Demon Eyes, Forest Baubles, and radiant chunks of the fallen star's "meteor" (as shown in the .gif above). Sorcerers can use this weapon to fire powerful energy beams at multiple targets!

The Chakram
Rogues can wield this imposing pair of twinned razor wheels that fly to your target and then back to your grasp - dealing two (2) damaging strikes to your target! For use at medium range (longer than Daggers, shorter than Bows).

Much more information on this to come in the weeks and months ahead!

When can you pack your bags?

We hope you enjoy this brief preview of what's to come in the new Elder Woods expansion! We're hard at work behind the scenes polishing everything up and will have a launch date to announce soon.

Flamesofanger
08-16-2023, 10:40 AM
This looks amazing !!!!

Runcryi
08-16-2023, 10:43 AM
[emoji3059]

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Crankomaniac
08-16-2023, 10:49 AM
Are These weapons the new mythic?

Flamesofanger
08-16-2023, 10:52 AM
.It'll be very interesting to see warriors for the first time ever deal damage at long range!

.The mages orb now actually makes mages stand out from warriors in terms of AoE control !

.The rogues chakrams now give them an option to decent damage with more to target & survive! This is really helpful for players with low-end gears, well done! :)

Now, something concerns me about the NPC's.

I believe it is time that NPC's now come in a diverse flavor of ethnic racial backgrounds in appearance, also i'd like to suggest to give the Radiant Azure victims a more worrying, sickly look like they're on their last legs via the appearance of their faces
turning light navy blue, pimples, scars ect.

A minor upgrade perhaps to the expansions lore?

It would be quite interesting to see NPC's look more healthy & rejuvenated as you complete quests and beat the disease riddled bosses, as time passes & more is accomplished the appearance of some NPC's change, they appear less infected by the Radian Azure surrounding their bodies and their faces tone down to a happier look.

Angelaxd
08-16-2023, 11:31 AM
When will there be information about the skills?
(Revamp)

Posl
08-16-2023, 11:34 AM
����

Something exciting huh

����

nemusoa
08-16-2023, 11:37 AM
Please new sub class system and new talent tree so we can focus on 1 weapon and element.

Skeleton Mike
08-16-2023, 11:49 AM
Sounds very interesting, but I don't like that I feel I'm going to have to ditch my stuff for this new equipment with resistances.

Any chance of resistances in the form of Jewels?

snakeeyes
08-16-2023, 11:56 AM
Wwwoooowww amazing😍😍😍😍

mansetfire
08-16-2023, 11:57 AM
first time i ever respond to an announcment post , seems intresting !!! Noice @-@

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

flashio
08-16-2023, 12:01 PM
Do chakrams have some kind of attack cooldown? Since they're a throwing weapon the player would have to wait for it to come back, unless the player throws 1 chakram at a time and the next chakram is ready to launch at the same time the previous has returned.

The chain sword kinda brings yo the same question since it would have to retract back its blades in orden to extend again.

These would have no impact whatsoever if the animation is smooth and can keep up with the player gameplay without slowing him/her down.

Asking out of curiosity since the weapon design would make sense to have a cooldown

Neutrone
08-16-2023, 12:20 PM
YES! I've been hoping for something like the orb for mage

Neutrone
08-16-2023, 12:23 PM
YES! I've been hoping for something like the orb for mageCan we hope to see vanity items of this type in the future?

Redjellydonut
08-16-2023, 12:35 PM
I like where this is going!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reobans10803
08-16-2023, 12:46 PM
i love cinco and remiem

Antignom
08-16-2023, 12:55 PM
so an other week without an event?

deadsback
08-16-2023, 01:01 PM
Yo you guys are going crazy on this expansion, this is what in talking about hell ya!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Stephencobear
08-16-2023, 01:30 PM
i’d rather not have to get new weapons
that’s more new jewels& awakes
or am i missing something?

Posl
08-16-2023, 03:10 PM
This is going to be another failure of an expansion. How boring *Yawn* Was expecting something fun to release but this is just going to be another expansion where it will only bring fun for at most 1month and half and it will be boring and people will leave game again..hopefully skill revamp and passive are fun if not I will bet this game will not see surge of popularity instead more people leaving game.
-
Just My Opinion

nathan2693
08-16-2023, 04:10 PM
Nice. New sets of weapon for all classes. Also can we have a racing event or... Maybe just a blotto house party since lots of players are just doing chit chats in camp and pier due to boredom because of having no events? Thank you

Antignom
08-16-2023, 07:45 PM
i would say lvl zavier for 1 week +1

Oakmaiden
08-16-2023, 10:07 PM
This is going to be another failure of an expansion. How boring *Yawn* Was expecting something fun to release but this is just going to be another expansion where it will only bring fun for at most 1month and half and it will be boring and people will leave game again..hopefully skill revamp and passive are fun if not I will bet this game will not see surge of popularity instead more people leaving game.
-
Just My Opinion

Your probably right statistically speaking, but let’s hope it rolls out in a measured fashion. I liked the lore, new graphics and the hint of gears dropping. I hope campaign associated crafts aren’t too convoluted with difficult to farm components. Will my current gears keep me alive? Will I be able to play? Will map mechanics require timed team work or can a few ppl get thru it and just have fun doing so? Fingers crossed

Botbot
08-16-2023, 11:21 PM
Make Kraken gears as material to craft new arc weapon

Oszn
08-17-2023, 01:41 AM
Lit. Im ready !

Oszn
08-17-2023, 01:44 AM
Drop the date!

Susanne
08-17-2023, 02:11 AM
I am sure I saw it mentioned way back, that there will be a levlar event.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ewildemon
08-17-2023, 03:05 AM
Please prince levlar event 1 week :)

Xyv.io
08-17-2023, 04:18 AM
It's really on you if this expansion is massive L or massive W, I told you to add colours to elemental damage and many more things but let's see. Being positive tbh, and nice teasers

theozzon
08-17-2023, 07:51 AM
Kinda worried about how the whole "proc chance" thing is going to be implemented. Having it be item based and not awa or some other bs luck thing would in my opinion be best.

JoeBiden
08-17-2023, 08:13 AM
-
Just My Opinion

I think your right , why not make AL like the 2012 days wich was perfect new procs new things to one up kraken items and kraken gear is already very Op
This seems like a situation where the game becomes even more broken the game is already small and adding these Open world items in a orpg game with a small environmental base and player base Its just ruining it even more diel it back a bit back then there wasnt all these procs the game was more playable and you didnt need certain items just to run a map unlike now you need kraken to run Elite rahabkor basically anything elite. Back then in 2013 there was more player diversity

JoeBiden
08-17-2023, 08:41 AM
Instead of Balancing the game and working on new Player content and optimization the focus will be lvl 86 just Like Now If your not a lvl 81 Then Good Luck Arlorians.

Tonton
08-17-2023, 01:40 PM
Warrior weapon long range?

Sent from my Infinix X6815C using Tapatalk

mark_inoue09
08-17-2023, 06:12 PM
Hello please make new skills :D

- love
tphzeus

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

Luckycharmx
08-18-2023, 09:28 AM
Bring back proc stacking. And have the old arcane items be purchasable using old currency

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MightyYuri
08-18-2023, 10:41 PM
Character customization where?

Tujujari
08-19-2023, 12:08 AM
cincoo kima

mwmbgs
08-19-2023, 03:50 AM
nice update seeing warrior can hit long range

frankcastle911
08-20-2023, 04:39 PM
Bring back proc stacking. And have the old arcane items be purchasable using old currency

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkProc stack was the most fun thing ever, they didnt actually remove it but rather redecorate it, for example ebon aegis is now kraken amulet, dozer axe is kraken armor, krak sword is dozer axe + a chasmal. Kraken aegis is dozer axe + aegis. It made no sense removing proc stack, they couldve just nerfed the items or the warriors ultimate rage because it was the source of complaints, i support getting proc stack back but with extreme adjustments, imagine having all them procs on a tank and then ulti rage lol. But it would be fun switching to different loadouts with diff weapons like old days

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

snakeeyes
08-21-2023, 02:45 PM
This weapon abilities is this proc or passive?

Ouch21
08-24-2023, 11:12 PM
Please double drop fathoms again to buy mechanubis vanity recipes :/

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using Tapatalk

nathan2693
08-27-2023, 08:03 PM
Just wanna ask any devs here about seasonal badges. Why isn't it updated. It's been a while now but still I don't see any badge for season 32 onwards. Are you guys working on it or new things will happen starting on season 32 and above? Just a concern netizen here cuz some players are starting to have doubts whether they should still continue to buy platinums or not because they don't know if the game will last longer since the seasonal badges are outdated until now.

Thanks--------

Susanne
08-28-2023, 09:46 AM
I'm not a seasonal player and still not buying plat until I'm sure what's happening with this game.
I know they are working on expansion but I'm being cautious because of the current situation.

asommers
08-28-2023, 10:00 AM
Just wanna ask any devs here about seasonal badges. Why isn't it updated. It's been a while now but still I don't see any badge for season 32 onwards. Are you guys working on it or new things will happen starting on season 32 and above? Just a concern netizen here cuz some players are starting to have doubts whether they should still continue to buy platinums or not because they don't know if the game will last longer since the seasonal badges are outdated until now.

Thanks--------

Why not use "I" instead of some players? This is the first I've heard of players worried about not having a badge for Season 32 when Season 30 recently started. I think you're reading too much into badge availability. We generated a bunch of badges for seasons years ago when we added them and we have finally caught up to what we had previously generated. We have until the end of the year to make new ones.

As long as our games continue to pay the bills, we'll be around.

-ALS

Switchback
08-29-2023, 05:52 PM
Do or die. You have gave me too much time to think ....vumm...