PDA

View Full Version : Bug: Start new level surrounded by mobs.

setec
04-21-2010, 06:24 PM
I swear I read this reported already on here but can't find the forum post.

Anyway, I started on Lost Expedition 2, finished that with the group. We went to next Level - 3.

I spawned not at the entrance but elsewhere on the map surrounded by mobs and was promptly killed.

I don't know where I was in relation to the entrance. This was not a case of lag or anything where the entrance is close to enemies. I just spawned in another area other than the entrance.

Here is a screenshot and maybe you can figure out what happened. Thx.

http://www.the-innercircle.com/setec/pl/screenshots/spawn.png

Banned
04-21-2010, 08:16 PM
That happen to me before in FC. Our whole party got killed.

Splurd
04-22-2010, 12:11 AM
Happened to me before as well. Same map also.

nathanyc
04-23-2010, 03:27 AM
thats pretty hilarious lol

darrensmith016
04-23-2010, 03:36 AM
it is soooo fun

Splurd
04-23-2010, 04:04 AM
thats pretty hilarious lol

nooo its like waking up and finding the chainsaw massacre guy next to you. You go OMG ARHHHHHHHH CRAP RUN POT *urk*

Pixxie
04-23-2010, 05:00 AM
nooo its like waking up and finding the chainsaw massacre guy next to you. You go OMG ARHHHHHHHH CRAP RUN POT *urk*

no joke, that happened to me before... leather face all up in my bed... it was frightening!

then he was like "man, in just kiddin' around.. you wanna grab a beer?"

but it was 8am, so I said no. true story.

King Richie
04-23-2010, 05:02 AM
yeah its great when that happens its like a real intese battle cause there is so many of them =} its so much fun

Violentsaint
05-03-2010, 01:25 AM
yer this bug is lame i posted about it like a week ago but its skill not patched in version 1.1

wish they would fix it...

Neurion
05-03-2010, 03:43 AM
I've said this to partymates a few times already: dont go to the next level while you're still holding the joystick

setec
05-03-2010, 03:45 AM
This isn't a matter of the joystick being used to move the player before the player can realize he is moved. The player spawns in another spot all together. And on the map posted above, it happens in the same spot all the time. I have seen it happen to other players. So, I don't think everyone is walking over there blindly to the exact same spot.

Temporary
05-03-2010, 03:59 AM
Yap, I had this problem a couple of times at different dungeons.

What happened was that I pressed to Next level button, then promptly moved abit and then I was instantly like teleported to a bunch of mobs.

Instant Death... :(

Neurion
05-03-2010, 07:31 AM
This isn't a matter of the joystick being used to move the player before the player can realize he is moved. The player spawns in another spot all together. And on the map posted above, it happens in the same spot all the time. I have seen it happen to other players. So, I don't think everyone is walking over there blindly to the exact same spot.

You are correct that this happens on certain maps only. One second you're at the starting point, next you're somewhere else. What I'm saying is that if you experiment holding the joystick before tapping the "Next Level" button, you'll find that your character moves a little after you spawn. As Temporary mentioned above, this seems to be triggered when your character moves a bit after spawning.

The hilarious thing is, sometimes the player finds his way back to the respawn point bringing with him mobs from somewhere across the map. One time this happened to a partymate in Mega Maze, taking with him Meathead (who lives like really really really far from the starting point) when we've all just started moving.

Needless to say, this is a nasty bug. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

<update> I have confirmed that this can be triggered by persistent joystick state, at least on LE lvl 3. Steps to reproduce:
1. At LE lvl 2, Keep your character walking any direction. Without letting go of the joystick, tap the "Next Level" button.
2. On the tips screen, "release" what's supposedly the joystick. Move on to the level.
3. Character spawns at the starting point (you will see this in a split second in your screen), then teleports to the area where the first mob is

Futumsh
05-03-2010, 10:10 AM
One possible cause of this will be fixed in today's content update. We'll have to see whether it still happens after that.

Azrael
05-03-2010, 07:30 PM
One possible cause of this will be fixed in today's content update. We'll have to see whether it still happens after that.

This bug happened to me about an hour ago post content update, but i actually fought some of them off. Eventually i got owned though due to w/e wierd bug it is that Enchantresses sometimes cause when they use aoe spells and pull mobs that are way to far away, because i had about 25 mobs on me by the time i got killed.

Edit: I was all like that dude at the end of starship troopers who fights off all those bugs till he has to set off a mini nuke. Word.