PDA

View Full Version : The L71 Bear Guide!

Zeus
10-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Hello, STS Community,

Lately, I've been quite busy, so this guide is a work in progress. For now, I will just mention the essentials of the L71 Bear until I have time to perfect the guide with every single bit of information you will need to know.

IMPORTANT TIPS:

First off, please know this & repeat it in your head until it is embedded in your memory: Build isn't everything and neither is combo.

Secondly, PLEASE, do NOT wait on a skill to get off of cool down. You're wasting valuable time relying on a skill. If you want to win, never rely/wait on a skill, as there's always another skill that can be used and perhaps better than your original plan.

Thirdly, MOVE with your slashes/stomps/pins/beckons. As you practice bear, you should learn which direction a slash will take your opponent. Soooo, use it and then be in that spot before they are so you can batter them some more. A bear that can move with his/her slashes (What I call dancing/tangoing) is a highly skilled bear that knows what he/she is doing.

Fourthly, Walls & Trees are your friends against birds and mages. It can also be used against bears but keep in mind that since bears can stun to, it can be used against you. Practice at pinning bears to trees/walls as well as if you get good at it, it is a viable strategy to defeat your opponent.

YOU SHOULD NEVER BE JUST AUTO ATTACKING. There is ALWAYS a skill to use off of cooldown, but use it wisely. There is a difference between skill spam and wisely using skills fast & efficiently.

Note: I myself do not use any specific combo, but use the skills based on what is needed for that specific situation. As you play bear more, you will slowly realize what skills would could be best used in certain situations.

Build:

• 7 Rage
• 7 Iron Blood
• 7 Evade
• 7 Taunt
• 7 Beckon
• 7 Hell Scream
• 7 Crushing Blow
• 7 Stomp
• 7 Super Mega Slash
• 6 Vengeful Slash
• 1 Crippling Slash (Do not underestimate this slash, it can root your opponents which can do one of two things:

A. Enable you to escape their pin and recover.
B. Set you up to land some debuffs and serious damage.)

Skill Build: (Picture Version)

Skill Map:

General Combos: (Please note, I did say general. As you practice PvP more and more, you will notice that sometimes the combos do not apply and instead, there is a skill that could be better in that situation.)

• Starter Combo vs. Bears/Birds/Mages (You usually use this at the beginning of a fight)

Beckon, Scream, Crushing Blow, Stomp, SMS, Vengeful, Cripple (hold cripple until you can run in and pin them with it)

*NOTE: If you can, try to pin them against a tree or wall, especially mages. You NEVER want to beckon/stomp a mage away unless they are pinned to a tree/wall and the stomp won't send them flying away from you. Once you lock onto a bird or mage, you DO NOT let go unless you're about to die yourself, then in that case: STOMP, SMS, VENGEFUL to fling them back and give yourself time to recover (regen).

• Knockback Combo vs. Bears/Birds/Mages (Most often used to fling them back to allow yourself to recover. It can also be used as a killing blow if beckon is on cool down.)

STOMP, SMS, VENGEFUL (generally works better if you have landed at least one crushing blow on the opponent and the debuff is still in effect) However, it seems that the combo has a higher chance to hit through dodge in my experience.

• Stun Combo vs Bears/Birds/Mages (If you do not have beckon at the time, run up to HS/STOMP, then get close to pin them with crippling and the rest of your slashes.)

Beckon, Scream, Crush, Cripple, Stomp is the stun combo. Notice how I stomped after? That's because of the cripple range (only 3mm). Typically, if you're not fast enough, Cripple will not land after stomp, even though stomp has a slight delay before knock back. (You are welcome to switch cripple and stomp around, as sometimes I can land cripple after stomp.)

Follow through when fully pinned with Vengeful and SMS.

Familiarizing yourself with your skills & their effects:

Beckon: Pulls your opponent(s) to you, can also stun in the process. It creates a "COMBO" with the skill: Stomp. It also has the longest range of any bear skill, 12mm.

Stomp: Can be used to create a "COMBO" if beckon is used & lands on the enemy before using stomp. It also has a knock back effect, stun effect, and hit percent debuff effect. The hit percent debuff effect is indicated by your opponent having a cloud of YELLOW smoke near his head with his head revolving/DIZZY EMOTE. It is quite similar to the fart emotes, except the smoke is yellow. It has an 8mm range.

Note: If you see the yellow smoke, your enemy is disorientated and low on hit percent. What does this mean? ATTACK!!! Without hit percent, your enemy will have little chance of his skills landing. (Does not apply to Pure Dex birds & some classes of mages, as their hit percent is 150+, something the debuff cannot bring below 100.)

Super Mega Slash: This skill has a 100 percent knockback effect & can be used with Stomp or Vengeful Slash to create a "SUPER" knockback. This can be useful if you need to get your enemy away from you so that you can recover. It also is the highest damaging slash. When beyond L2, it has a proc which takes off -10+ armor. This slash has a 4mm range and takes the second longest out of the three slashes to get off of cooldown.

Vengeful Slash: This also has a knockback effect, although not always 100 percent. As skill rank increases, so does the knockback pro. It is the second highest damaging slash. It has a 4mm range and quickest cool down out of the three slashes. I like to use this as a DPS slash.

Crippling Slash: This slash has the shortest range, only 3mm. It is perhaps the most useful slash though, IMO, because of it's ability to root the target. What does this mean? If you have your target pinned, you can leisurely debuff and do insane damage on him! This slash has the longest cooldown of the three slashes and least amount of damage, so use it wisely.

Hell Scream: This skill does not do any damage, but has insane debuffs. It can stun your enemy for 1-2 seconds and reduce their hit percent. It has a 8mm range. It is also able to stack, if you can use it off cooldown the second time quick enough.

Note: If fast enough, you can use HS and Stomp at the same time and if stomp procs, you can create an insane hit percent debuff, leaving your opponent pretty much unable to defend himself!

Crushing Blow:
This skill is an AMAZING skill. It can reduce some serious dodge and damage, not to mention the fact that is is unhealable! What does this mean? Mages can't remove it's debuff, so it will always last the full debuff. The downfall is this: Only a 3mm range, so use it when your opponent is pinned or close enough to you. :/

Taunt:
This skill is a buff skill. It raises your dodge. It can also be stacked, if used twice, to get the double the dodge. If you want to maintain the stacking effect, you need to use it AS SOON AS it's off of cool down. I HIGHLY recommend you do so, as this skill can GREATLY increase your chances of survival.

Rage:
This buffs up your damage & crit. Pretty basic buff, no secrets behind it.

Iron Blood:
This buffs up your armor. Only secret about this is that it has a long cool down (20 sec.) and it has a delay before activating (~1-2 seconds). So make sure after you press the skill that it is activated before entering the battle! :)

Evade:
This skill greatly increases your dodge. Again, there is not much of a secret behind it.

Ideal Gear:
To fully utilize the power of a bear, I highly recommend the Sand Walker Strength Set (Sand Walker Helm, Sand Walker Tiki Crusher, Sand Walker Plate, Sand Walker Drum/Shield). It is a 4 piece set with great damage, dodge, and armor.

Ring:For bears, I prefer to use the 2 hit 10 damage ring.

Vanities: Any dragon vanity set or Persistence set should do, but you can be an amazing bear without either of the two.

My Character, Zeus:

Will update with pictures/more information when I get the chance, this is merely the preview.

Spectre
10-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Awesome bro, add some pics for great looking and it will be super-awesome. :D

Noodleleg
10-06-2012, 01:22 PM
:D Parf. Eee good job! Bears ftw!

Xionskull
10-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Great guide! Could you possibly give me a link to a guide with rings, gear faces ect for l71 bears?

Zeus
10-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Awesome bro, add some pics for great looking and it will be super-awesome. :D

Yep, I'm updating it whenever I can. :)

I just figured I should get the essentials out there before it's too late!

@Xion, yes sir! All of that will be coming when I get the time to do it. :)

Zeus
10-07-2012, 07:52 PM
*updated*

Covert
10-07-2012, 07:55 PM
awesome

will rep u when i get moar reps

Fao
10-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Great Guide man!! This helps so much! :D

XghostzX
10-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Nice guide Parth. Ya'll should really listen to him, I 1v1ed Parth today, and he absolutely whooped me.

Brave Sir Robin
10-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the guide.
Some questions regarding defence: when is it a good time to use evade, iron blood? Also, use them together or interchangeably? Is there a technique like "late shield" that mages use?

Zeus
10-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the guide.
Some questions regarding defence: when is it a good time to use evade, iron blood? Also, use them together or interchangeably? Is there a technique like "late shield" that mages use?

Always use them together, just be sure to attack ferociously when they're up.

I typically do not like to delay my buffs because I can kill the opponent before buffs run out.

There's a technique known as "late rage". In this case, you burn out the enemies buffs by just using your defensive ones and surviving until their buffs go down (by flinging them across the map, pinning them and running, or stunning and running, etc.), then after their buffs go down, you use rage & kill them quickly.

Heroelite
10-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Note: A common mistake players do is use HS first, then Stomp, but only Stomp lands. Why? Stomp has a 8mm range while HS has a 6mm. So if it does not look like 6mm to me, I use stomp first, then HS when I can move in.

Very nice guide and one thing I'm positive HS has a 8m area too :)

Zeus
10-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Very nice guide and one thing I'm positive HS has a 8m area too :)

Pretty sure it has less mm then stomp does, mind checking? :)

Heroelite
10-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Pretty sure it has less mm then stomp does, mind checking? :)
Here you go :P
http://i49.tinypic.com/2ir3fpt.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/2eye2x0.jpg

Zeus
10-09-2012, 11:04 PM
Here you go :P
http://i49.tinypic.com/2ir3fpt.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/2eye2x0.jpg

Thanks! Will edit it!

I swear HS always said 6, lol.

NotFortal
09-24-2013, 01:07 AM
Correction to your skill build:
Vengeful Slash - 3
Stomp - 5
Rage - 9
Taunt - 9
Crippling Slash - 3
Super Mega Slash - 3
Crushing Blow - 9
Restore - 1
Iron Blood - 4 (or distribute these 5 points as you will, between Restore and IB)
Hell Scream - 9
Evade - 9
Beckon - 6

You're welcome.

Extreme
09-24-2013, 04:04 AM
Vengeful Slash - 3
Stomp - 5
Rage - 9
Taunt - 9
Crippling Slash - 3
Super Mega Slash - 3
Crushing Blow - 9
Restore - 1
Iron Blood - 4 (or distribute these 5 points as you will, between Restore and IB)
Hell Scream - 9
Evade - 9
Beckon - 6

You're welcome.

This was from humania cap..

NotFortal
09-24-2013, 07:14 AM
Vengeful Slash - 3
Stomp - 5
Rage - 9
Taunt - 9
Crippling Slash - 3
Super Mega Slash - 3
Crushing Blow - 9
Restore - 1
Hell Scream - 9
Evade - 9
Beckon - 6

You're welcome.

This was from humania cap..
That's why I decided to update it, in case someone decides to twink at 71.

You're welcome.

The Sadness
09-24-2013, 08:22 AM
Vengeful Slash - 3
Stomp - 5
Rage - 9
Taunt - 9
Crippling Slash - 3
Super Mega Slash - 3
Crushing Blow - 9
Restore - 1
Hell Scream - 9
Evade - 9
Beckon - 6

You're welcome.
Come find me with this build? Omghaaaaaaalp

I'll say thanks for the Ks later. ;)

Zeus
09-24-2013, 08:59 AM

You're welcome.

If that's what you meant, then it was an update. To me, it just seemed that you wanted to gloat on an outdated build. :D

NotFortal
09-24-2013, 09:33 AM

You're welcome.

If that's what you meant, then it was an update. To me, it just seemed that you wanted to gloat on an outdated build. :D
I would tell you what I think about what it seemed like to you, but I don't want to swear excessively. I could requote that, but it was basically a correction, since it was wrong, and you haven't updated it (yet). I don't think I can update other people's guides without their permission, thus that was a correction. Jeez no biggie just wanted to help.

quantionus
09-24-2013, 09:40 AM
zeus is 76 and i didnt even see him playing pvp maybe one or two times but gj

The Sadness
09-24-2013, 07:50 PM
I would tell you what I think about what it seemed like to you, but I don't want to swear excessively. I could requote that, but it was basically a correction, since it was wrong, and you haven't updated it (yet). I don't think I can update other people's guides without their permission, thus that was a correction. Jeez no biggie just wanted to help.
You never responded to me bro. Let's pvp. You're obviously a pro 71 bear.

IGN: Omghaaaaaaalp [7 a's]

NotFortal
09-25-2013, 02:50 AM
You never responded to me bro. Let's pvp. You're obviously a pro 71 bear.

IGN: Omghaaaaaaalp [7 a's]
You never asked me to fight you. Once I level my bear, let's go, but since gold bets are against ToS, let's bet our eyebrows. The loser shaves them.

Cheenivie
09-25-2013, 03:57 PM
You never asked me to fight you. Once I level my bear, let's go, but since gold bets are against ToS, let's bet our eyebrows. The loser shaves them.

Sigh, wannabe plo NFL quaterback...

Zeus
09-25-2013, 07:02 PM
zeus is 76 and i didnt even see him playing pvp maybe one or two times but gj

I've quit PL for a long time when it started going downhill. However, I have won the official L71 bear tournament by a good margin. Ignorance isn't always bliss when it's being clouded by ego. :D

KingFu
09-25-2013, 07:07 PM
I've quit PL for a long time when it started going downhill. However, I have won the official L71 bear tournament by a good margin. Ignorance isn't always bliss when it's being clouded by ego. :D

But tournaments above 61 (primarily for bear) don't mean much considering it's 90% luck beyond that point (71 and 76 especially). Not to mention that tournament was missing several godly bears (including me ofc)
So...yeah...

Zeus
09-25-2013, 07:10 PM
But tournaments above 61 (primarily for bear) don't mean much considering it's 90% luck beyond that point (71 and 76 especially). Not to mention that tournament was missing several godly bears (including me ofc)
So...yeah...

I think you were the only bear missing from it, besides Cloak who wasn't even PvPing that cap. However, most of the bears were playing at that time like Anajefez and Glad, who were both considered some of the best at the time.

Also, trust me, at L71 cap it was not luck. Yes, dodge was a factor, but it was not luck. I was able to prove that by multiple matches with countless bears.

KingFu
09-25-2013, 08:19 PM
I think you were the only bear missing from it, besides Cloak who wasn't even PvPing that cap. However, most of the bears were playing at that time like Anajefez and Glad, who were both considered some of the best at the time.

Also, trust me, at L71 cap it was not luck. Yes, dodge was a factor, but it was not luck. I was able to prove that by multiple matches with countless bears.

It was definitely luck. That's the reason why great bears like Glad would occasionally lose to randoms he would've destroyed any prior cap. Also the reason why random no names began to be considered great PvPers, most of which being bears.

My bear is still at 71, I continued to PvP at 71 after the cap was raised to 76. I know 71 PvP well, and luck is without a doubt the largest factor, with bears especially. Even I'll admit that lol. Look at the numbers... Just sayin'...

Noodleleg
09-25-2013, 08:22 PM
Lel, Parf end Dayveed seeten' on ay tri. A-R-G-U-I-N-G

KingFu
09-25-2013, 08:24 PM
Lel, Parf end Dayveed seeten' on ay tri. A-R-G-U-I-N-G

No arguing here, I'm statin' dem fax. Parth in danile.

The Sadness
09-25-2013, 08:47 PM
Let me be clear. Let's pvp 71 bears. We'll post pics later of match. Should be equivalent to shaving eyebrows. And it's interesting that you don't even have a 71 bear, yet you promote your build like it's the Gospel.

And Mystical, if 71 bear fights are pure luck, how do some bears have better KDRs than others. Forget boosting, some bears are just better. My 71 kills some 76 bears. Other day I killed a 3pc, founders 76 bear. That's not luck. I'd love to take Elite on, friendly match. If interested, add Omghaaaaaaalp. But, I won't hold my breath.

EDIT: I should be clear, not interested in fighting any Bow Bears. 9 beckon/9 stomp/auto, no thanks. Bring strength gear.

KingFu
09-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Let me be clear. Let's pvp 71 bears. We'll post pics later of match. Should be equivalent to shaving eyebrows. And it's interesting that you don't even have a 71 bear, yet you promote your build like it's the Gospel.

And Mystical, if 71 bear fights are pure luck, how do some bears have better KDRs than others. Forget boosting, some bears are just better. My 71 kills some 76 bears. Other day I killed a 3pc, founders 76 bear. That's not luck. I'd love to take Elite on, friendly match. If interested, add Omghaaaaaaalp. But, I won't hold my breath.

EDIT: I should be clear, not interested in fighting any Bow Bears. 9 beckon/9 stomp/auto, no thanks. Bring strength gear.

Of course there are differences in KDs, lol. That's not a reason to say it isn't largely based on luck. People of all sorts of skill level, different builds, different circumstances, fighting styles, past PvP levels, and a million other factors come into play on that one. Most people on here will say KD doesn't matter, so that's not an argument.

What I'm saying is that a bear that knows what he's doing versus another is going to be influenced largely on luck to determine the turnout. Bears who PvPed a lot at 50 cap and 56 cap can easily see how much more dodge and luck is (or was) involved in 71 and 76 PvP. You can't argue with the numbers.

As for fighting you, I honestly haven't even had PL installed for several months, nor am I even sure I still have a Beastly set, or any 71 set for that matter. Only time I've gotten the chance to fight you was our 3v3 CTF matches with FFA vs your guild.

tHelonestud
09-25-2013, 10:11 PM
whoever lands debuffs is the victor
not pure luck, but when you have 70% chance of dodging and a 60% hit chance debuff, luck is a huge part of it.
undoubtedly some are better you have to know what skills to use and win, but I don't think with the current gears stats you could even specify the top 10 beastly bears

KingFu
09-25-2013, 10:14 PM
whoever lands debuffs is the victor
not pure luck, but when you have 70% chance of dodging and a 60% hit chance debuff, luck is a huge part of it.
undoubtedly some are better you have to know what skills to use and win, but I don't think with the current gears stats you could even specify the top 10 beastly bears

Rename to tHewisestud plox

The Sadness
09-26-2013, 12:33 AM
Mystical, that 3v3 match was fun. If you ever get a 71 set, let me know. I sent FR.

And hitting HS is key, there is some skill in knowing when (range) to HS. And, I'm new to pvp (2013), so I don't have the experience to speak about other levels.

NotFortal
09-26-2013, 01:14 AM

I don't even have a bear, but you ARE going to lose. I believe 71 to be luck based, but you believe it to be skill based, so isn't it gonna be awkward if you, such a pro 71 who can take on 3 pcs bears with founders, lose to someone who just lvled up? That's why I'm willing to bet my eyebrows, I would normally have 50% chance of winning, but since I'm better than you and luck is not 100%, let's say even if it were 99% and 1% skill, I would still have over 50%, thus it's rational for me to bet my eyebrows, because I have bigger chances of winning than losing.

javier995
09-26-2013, 03:06 AM
Lol funny how this guide turned out ..

Anyways, let me share my opinion.

A lot of you older pvpers will say it's all about luck at 71 yada yada, but it's really not. Sure, sometimes randoms get lucky but hey sometimes that 9 stomp gets you yo. Despite what people say a 71 bear does take some skill, especially if you use crusher. Which imo, crusher is the better set.

Sure a more experienced bear might get killed by a random beastly bear from time to time, it happens. Honestly, I think it's BC of the 9 hs. But now with the recent nerfs a little more skill is required, but that is just my opinion. Bear fights tend to be longer now, from what I've seen, but with bear vs bear it just comes down to who'll hit hs more. You might say that I just proved you right and that's it luck, but you don't always have to dodge it. The other guy just might be out of range and bam, you get him.

The skill part of a 71 bear is knowing your range, and knowing what to do in different situations (like being pinned, what to do when low, etc.)

Vs other classes, since bears are "op" at 71, any random beastly can kill a good bird or mage. But again, with the recent nerf they can't just beckon stomp. They probably have so slash too ;p

I don't even have a bear, but you ARE going to lose. I believe 71 to be luck based, but you believe it to be skill based, so isn't it gonna be awkward if you, such a pro 71 who can take on 3 pcs bears with founders, lose to someone who just lvled up? That's why I'm willing to bet my eyebrows, I would normally have 50% chance of winning, but since I'm better than you and luck is not 100%, let's say even if it were 99% and 1% skill, I would still have over 50%, thus it's rational for me to bet my eyebrows, because I have bigger chances of winning than losing.

If you really think it's luck based and you really think, sorry "know", that you'll win then I'll have a go at ya too ^.^. I'd be a good warm up so you can fight Sadness, but if you're really set on using the build from up above.... you'll definitely need luck lol

Cheenivie
09-26-2013, 06:48 AM
The ego....

I'm killing myself

laughing

Zeus
09-26-2013, 02:36 PM
It was definitely luck. That's the reason why great bears like Glad would occasionally lose to randoms he would've destroyed any prior cap. Also the reason why random no names began to be considered great PvPers, most of which being bears.

My bear is still at 71, I continued to PvP at 71 after the cap was raised to 76. I know 71 PvP well, and luck is without a doubt the largest factor, with bears especially. Even I'll admit that lol. Look at the numbers... Just sayin'...

I'm not denying there was a luck factor. However, consistency did override luck in L71 cap when the skills were L7. Anyone who PvP'd at that cap knew that.

You PvP at L71 now when the skills were raised to L9, but during the Humania cap, you barely PvP'd at 71 so I don't think you're really justified to make an opinion.

Reunegade
09-26-2013, 02:53 PM

If it's all luck, than how would u know u would win?

tHelonestud
09-26-2013, 03:36 PM
I'm not denying there was a luck factor. However, consistency did override luck in L71 cap when the skills were L7. Anyone who PvP'd at that cap knew that.

Valid point, pre-48 dodge buff(now 40) and 12 meter hellscream and 90 damage rage, crusher set damage was quite high still but nothing compared to now
The majority of this discussions is based on the ridiculous skill effects mentioned above which is why a large portion is luck based now

KingFu
09-26-2013, 05:54 PM

I'm not denying there was a luck factor.

Whatever helps ya sleep at night :)

Zeus
09-26-2013, 07:15 PM
Valid point, pre-48 dodge buff(now 40) and 12 meter hellscream and 90 damage rage, crusher set damage was quite high still but nothing compared to now
The majority of this discussions is based on the ridiculous skill effects mentioned above which is why a large portion is luck based now

Then going back to David, the tourney was not based on luck. Were there some instances of luck? Sure. However, there was consistency for a reason.

For example, when looking at my wins, I believe only one or two matches were above 10-5.

The Sadness
09-26-2013, 07:43 PM
You don't even have a bear? Stop posting, go make your bear. I'm getting bored already.

IGN Omghaaaaaaalp

Zeus
09-26-2013, 08:00 PM
You don't even have a bear? Stop posting, go make your bear. I'm getting bored already.

IGN Omghaaaaaaalp

He's just a troll who enjoys irking other people. :)

Maybe it's to fulfill some things he lacks in life?

The Sadness
09-26-2013, 08:11 PM

I'll help him level his bear if he needs it. Somehow, I have a feeling his life is gonna get "busy" real soon.

Oh, and NotFortal, I should tell you that my 71 bear killed Mudr a few times last night. I saw your rage post about him, sure you still wanna do this?

#LuckyKs

Caiahar
09-26-2013, 08:19 PM

I'll help him level his bear if he needs it. Somehow, I have a feeling his life is gonna get "busy" real soon.

Oh, and NotFortal, I should tell you that my 71 bear killed Mudr a few times last night. I saw your rage post about him, sure you still wanna do this?

#LuckyKs

Clearly you payed him to do it ;)

Fess up, yor times out!

TEOKILLO
09-26-2013, 08:24 PM
Bears actually did require skill at 71 cap, it wasn't till that OP rank 9 skills came into play did bears become OP...

Idk for sure, but I think Apollo won that tourney before 76 cap? If that's true then it did take skill it was not completely luck based. True, dodge has a factor, but its not nearly as annoying as it is now.

Zeus
09-26-2013, 09:28 PM
Bears actually did require skill at 71 cap, it wasn't till that OP rank 9 skills came into play did bears become OP...

Idk for sure, but I think Apollo won that tourney before 76 cap? If that's true then it did take skill it was not completely luck based. True, dodge has a factor, but its not nearly as annoying as it is now.

Also, the damage in that cap wasn't nearly enough to KO like it is this cap.

If I remember correctly in that cap, the trick was holding off beckon & using HS, stomp, SMS, vengeful to stun lock them. Then, after that, move in close to debuff first, then beckon them into a wall to begin to hammer down & kill.

Now, however? I can say that I completely suck. I'm just not used to PL anymore.

Who knows, I may even be worse than Crimson! ;) (He'll kill me for that later...)

NotFortal
09-27-2013, 12:17 AM

#LuckyKs
Str bear>dex bear, I was using a dex bird vs his dex bear and they were 3 whileas we were 2, so I basically got killed by unbuffed beckon and auto. Nothing that can be prevented since it's not up to you when you do and don't dodge. I told you I was gonna lvl it in 1 day once I get 3x.

Everyone'sFavMage
09-27-2013, 01:55 AM
whatever helps ya sleep at night :)

why you putting beans on my pizza

Cheenivie
09-27-2013, 06:59 AM
Str bear>dex bear, I was using a dex bird vs his dex bear and they were 3 whileas we were 2, so I basically got killed by unbuffed beckon and auto. Nothing that can be prevented since it's not up to you when you do and don't dodge. I told you I was gonna lvl it in 1 day once I get 3x.

You guys were 3 they were 2...

angeldawn
09-27-2013, 08:04 AM

You don't even have a 71 bear but you think you know the the build for one? Well enough to even post it to a guide? And you have the gall to sit here and insult ppl over and over? Please take your over inflated ego and nonsense and go play in the sand box.

NotFortal
09-27-2013, 09:07 AM

You don't even have a 71 bear but you think you know the the build for one? Well enough to even post it to a guide? And you have the gall to sit here and insult ppl over and over? Please take your over inflated ego and nonsense and go play in the sand box.
That's what some PvPers are able to do, figure out builds (not like you would know about that, PvEr), and it's not really that much about build, rather than that prevalent luck and a bit of skill.

angeldawn
09-27-2013, 11:13 AM
That's what some PvPers are able to do, figure out builds (not like you would know about that, PvEr), and it's not really that much about build, rather than that prevalent luck and a bit of skill.

You think calling me a PVEer insults me? You are one sad individual. I play PVP and PVE. I enjoy both aspects of the game. I have more kills in PVP and CTF than many that are playing.

It's sad to see what this community is coming to!

Caiahar
09-27-2013, 12:08 PM

A person who had experience at the level knows much better then a person who doesn't have experience at the level.

Say there's angels 71. Angel pvped at her Mage for a long time to know how the bears work. By fighting against them, she herself learned the bears.

NotFortal
09-27-2013, 01:39 PM

You think calling me a PVEer insults me? You are one sad individual. I play PVP and PVE. I enjoy both aspects of the game. I have more kills in PVP and CTF than many that are playing.

Oh, I don't want to insult you, sorry I haven't noticed your 1k kills and 2k deaths in PvP. All I'm saying is that I believe I can defeat that dude, since 56-61 is much harder to play.

Revealing
09-27-2013, 02:08 PM

Oh, I don't want to insult you, sorry I haven't noticed your 1k kills and 2k deaths in PvP. All I'm saying is that I believe I can defeat that dude, since 56-61 is much harder to play.

Lemme end this plox

*Knowing that it won't but who cares*

This build was prolly best at 71 cap.I wasn't there maybe.but I do know ther was a 71 tourney if in correct Apollo won of this is wrong just tell meh n I edit it

Oh yea to fortal just keep your
Mouth shut.Want to rage at me
Pm meh then

Trenton
09-27-2013, 03:24 PM
I'm actually quite surprised at the immaturity of some of the others in here. I'm not really one to talk, and I'm not supporting either side, but just because someone calls a few people some names doesn't exactly give everyone on forums the right to gang up and trash talk on the one troll, does it? I thought alot of people would've handled it better, apparently not. And pls correct me if you're allowed to be just as immature just because someone else does it.

Zeus
09-27-2013, 05:25 PM
I'm actually quite surprised at the immaturity of some of the others in here. I'm not really one to talk, and I'm not supporting either side, but just because someone calls a few people some names doesn't exactly give everyone on forums the right to gang up and trash talk on the one troll, does it? I thought alot of people would've handled it better, apparently not. And pls correct me if you're allowed to be just as immature just because someone else does it.

Fortal likes to harass individual players he holds grudges on. Anyone who isn't supporting him, he harasses as well. Honestly, he's a detriment and the fact that he can do this so often & troll like he does... it's disgusting. Really, people should see his chat in PvP sometimes as well.

Believe what you may, but the argument didn't originate in this thread. Like I said, he purposely instigates for his own personal grudges & he will continue to instigate on other threads. Notice how this was just a guide with constructive comments?

As old as a player Fortal is, looking at the date.. he would've known that this in an outdated build. Why he does this? I don't know, I hardly even check the PL side of forums anymore.

Caiahar
09-27-2013, 08:01 PM

You're right, I have been immature :( .......

Wait...I was always immature :/

All for one, and one for all.

The Sadness
09-28-2013, 01:46 AM
Trenton,

This 71 bear build was outdated, level 7 skills. This thread was not a blip on Parth's radar, he had no intentions of updating it for level 9 skills.

Why did NotFortal necro this thread? Were his intentions to benefit the community with this updated build? Or was he trying to take a cheap shot by criticizing an 11 month old thread? My opinion, it was the latter.

I have no regrets in issuing him a challenge, it still stands.

NotFortal
09-28-2013, 03:00 AM

Fortal likes to harass individual players he holds grudges on. Anyone who isn't supporting him, he harasses as well. Honestly, he's a detriment and the fact that he can do this so often & troll like he does... it's disgusting. Really, people should see his chat in PvP sometimes as well.

Believe what you may, but the argument didn't originate in this thread. Like I said, he purposely instigates for his own personal grudges & he will continue to instigate on other threads. Notice how this was just a guide with constructive comments?

As old as a player Fortal is, looking at the date.. he would've known that this in an outdated build. Why he does this? I don't know, I hardly even check the PL side of forums anymore.
:D nah you got it all wrong. I wasn't trolling, I was just trying to be helpful by updating your guide, and see how it turned out? See what happens when I attempt to be helpful? All the jelly haters come n hate on me, sigh. It's like you guys can't handle my swag. What's the point of being nice if this is the outcome? A bunch of people, like a PvEr and some dude who on one hand wants to fight me, but on the other hand refuses to shave his eyebrows in case he lost, come here and hate on me. And then you say I'm the one who makes this community toxic, even though I was just genuinely supporting the 71 PvPers by updating your guide to my style. Is this all because I called it a correction, rather than update? I've explained that before.

Revealing
09-28-2013, 04:28 AM
:D nah you got it all wrong. I wasn't trolling, I was just trying to be helpful by updating your guide, and see how it turned out? See what happens when I attempt to be helpful? All the jelly haters come n hate on me, sigh. It's like you guys can't handle my swag. What's the point of being nice if this is the outcome? A bunch of people, like a PvEr and some dude who on one hand wants to fight me, but on the other hand refuses to shave his eyebrows in case he lost, come here and hate on me. And then you say I'm the one who makes this community toxic, even though I was just genuinely supporting the 71 PvPers by updating your guide to my style. Is this all because I called it a correction, rather than update? I've explained that before.

Just saying

You could have made your own thread about 71 bear guide so we didn't have this drama

NotFortal
09-28-2013, 05:53 AM

Just saying

You could have made your own thread about 71 bear guide so we didn't have this drama
All the strategies and stuff are here and might yet work, I'm not sure but I think so, didn't have energy to read through all of it. And it's kind of funny actually, people getting mad because I've said my opinion on those skills.

Caiahar
09-28-2013, 06:00 AM

Just saying

All the strategies and stuff are here and might yet work, I'm not sure but I think so, didn't have energy to read through all of it. And it's kind of funny actually, people getting mad because I've said my opinion on those skills.
But some people get mad at me (some? I mean everyone) when I say stuff about something I dont know. I just should suck it up and shut up :(

The Sadness
09-28-2013, 06:18 AM
Yawn. Let's lock it up?

Reunegade
09-28-2013, 06:59 AM
Swog*

NotFortal
09-28-2013, 09:34 AM

Just saying

But some people get mad at me (some? I mean everyone) when I say stuff about something I dont know. I just should suck it up and shut up :(
This is it. Say stuff about something I don't know, you dummy blast gf pro? I'm an actual PvPer, unlike you.

Reunegade
09-28-2013, 09:52 AM
This is it. Say stuff about something I don't know, you dummy blast gf pro? I'm an actual PvPer, unlike you.
Define 'actual PvPer' please. If you think it means good PvPer, than you are definitely not that.

Caiahar
09-28-2013, 10:49 AM

That's an insult? That I'm not a PvPer? Ok....that is one weird insult :/
I have pvp chars, about 5, so I'm a pvper.
Actual pvper? What do you even mean?......You don't know what levels I pvp at, so would you know? Many of my pvp chars are secret.

All for one, and one for all.

The Sadness
09-28-2013, 11:46 AM
Shadow, I was killing some 76 Elite bow birds last night. Your 74 bird provided more of a challenge than them.

And, when ya gonna rename to Ipooptoomuch? I have it reserved for you, just say the word and it's yours. ;)

Reunegade
09-28-2013, 11:59 AM
Shadow, I was killing some 76 Elite bow birds last night. Your 74 bird provided more of a challenge than them.

And, when ya gonna rename to Ipooptoomuch? I have it reserved for you, just say the word and it's yours. ;)

What's the word? O.o

Nevermind, I don't think I want to know.

NotFortal
09-28-2013, 12:10 PM
Actual PvPer as in I do actual PvP lvl range that requires actual skills. Secret toons? Why? Because people would know how bad you are? And you're trashtalking much, Reun, but you could never beat me 56-61. Is that why you only do endgame now?

Caiahar
09-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Actual PvPer as in I do actual PvP lvl range that requires actual skills. Secret toons? Why? Because people would know how bad you are? And you're trashtalking much, Reun, but you could never beat me 56-61. Is that why you only do endgame now?
You dont know if I'm bad or not. I have a bad KDR, but that has no matter, most of deaths were from spawning and when I was new at the char before.
I simply choose not to share my toons, and also my desision.
Many people have secret toons, I chose to have secrets too. I could write a list with people who have secret toons.
And by the way, I pvp at a level where skills are required, as well as the class requires skill.

@sadness: I remember last night you and I pwned a 76 CoP pally :D Just cuz I 74 dsnt mean I can be farmed! 74 and 71 FTW :)

Trenton
09-28-2013, 01:18 PM
You dont know if I'm bad or not. I have a bad KDR, but that has no matter, most of deaths were from spawning and when I was new at the char before.
Many people have secret toons, I chose to have secrets too. I could write a list with people who have secret toons.
And by the way, I pvp at a level where skills are required, as well as the class requires skill.

@sadness: I remember last night you and I pwned a 76 CoP pally :D Just cuz I 74 dsnt mean I can be farmed! 74 and 71 FTW :) make list pls

Reunegade
09-28-2013, 01:21 PM
hmm, trashtalking? please provide proof.

And who cares if I couldn't beat you at 56-61? This isn't about me. Cool, say I suck balls to everybody you know. Does it change anything? No.

Caiahar
09-28-2013, 03:02 PM

@sadness: I remember last night you and I pwned a 76 CoP pally :D Just cuz I 74 dsnt mean I can be farmed! 74 and 71 FTW :) make list pls
To start off, you ;)

Revealing
09-28-2013, 03:07 PM

Just saying

Have you ever heard of copy and paste
Plus giving credit.
:eek:

Trenton
09-28-2013, 03:30 PM
To start off, you ;) Orly?

Areufa
Slaunder
Surgery
Nyosiris
Ibesrhino
Ranting
Reureu
Ihorror
Beastly
Cridoe
Lightroar
Sterilization
Isuckpro
Leveloneburd

About to make another one, (L26 Behr) I'll update it when I think of a name.

NotFortal
09-28-2013, 03:33 PM
Sudden plot twist: I'm sorry to everyone I've insulted, intentionally or not. :-)

Caiahar
09-28-2013, 03:55 PM
To start off, you ;) Orly?

Areufa
Slaunder
Surgery
Nyosiris
Ibesrhino
Ranting
Reureu
Ihorror
Beastly
Cridoe
Lightroar
Sterilization
Isuckpro
Leveloneburd

About to make another one, (L26 Behr) I'll update it when I think of a name.
Dude! Why didn't you keep it secret? ;) You'll regret it, ill now farm you and spam trade you everytime I see you!

jk

Trenton
09-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Dude! Why didn't you keep it secret? ;) You'll regret it, ill now farm you and spam trade you everytime I see you!

jk Does no one know how to anti-trade spam?

Caiahar
09-28-2013, 04:30 PM

jk Does no one know how to anti-trade spam?

Go to options>go to social>do the no trade thing.
Wait I just told you :(
I should stop posting on this thread

Trenton
09-28-2013, 04:49 PM
Go to options>go to social>do the no trade thing.
Wait I just told you :(
I should stop posting on this thread No, when someone starts to trade spam you, just enter trade with someone else and stay there. Then it will spam the spammer saying "Shadowstar is already trading with whatever else it says"

Azataso
10-01-2013, 04:59 PM
You're welcome.

Sounds like you're full of yourself.

The Sadness
10-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Hai Jazzercise.

Promagin
10-26-2013, 10:45 AM
Shiny :D

SayCreed
10-27-2013, 03:53 AM