PDA

View Full Version : Tank or Pally?

Fredricksin
09-05-2010, 01:07 PM
What is the difference between a tank and a pally? I see people referring to them here. As far as I can tell there is only one warrior class and you can use differnt att , str dex int

Ive started a war and am going all str is this good for tank? also should i use 2hand or 1hand with sheild?

Thanks for helping withh these newb questions

Fredricksin
09-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Oh and where can i find a good warrior guide??

Royce
09-05-2010, 01:27 PM
A paladin (pally) is a mage (elf) built with primary Str. A tank is generally a bear built with primary Str, though you can be a DPS-warrior with primary Str as a bear too which is different from a tank. There is lots of good warrior info in this forum. Just search a bit (try things like "tank guide", "warrior build", etc.). Stuff like whether to go all Str, and choice of weapon is up to the individual, though for a tank you would want a 1-hand weapon and shield, and at level 45 there really aren't any good 2-hand weapons anyway. Also, though pure Str has become somewhat appealing with stat-driven skills, particularly for PvE-only builds, it is still wise in general to add some Dex for increased damage, crit, dodge, hit%, etc.