PDA

View Full Version : Thread Creating IDea

noperly22
10-06-2012, 07:11 PM
I sometimes find that annoying people often ruin threads that are meant for strickly business, and that the creator of the thread has no say in what people can put in there.
So i came to think that the thread creator should have more abilities; to make the threads stay on task.

Abilities
1. I Believe that the creator of the thread should be able to close the thread at anytime, i have it so a dev closes a thread, wouldn't it be easier if we could do it?
2. Next i think that if the creator of the thread doesn't like one of the posts, that he should be able to delete other peoples posts on the thread cause what they might have posted could have nothing to do with the topic of the originally started thread.
3. Last i believe that the thread creator should be able to Bann someone from posting on there threads again, cause i have ran into those people that no matter what i do, they just wont stop posting on my threads. And yeah sometimes it might be relevant to topic of the thread, but sometimes its not, and they just keep doing it...

If anybody has any else ideas or you like my ideas, thank this thread :D Maybe we could get a Dev to Get some of our ideas that we come up with to become permanent:D

Elyseon
10-06-2012, 07:17 PM
no because then people that point out serious flaws could just get their messages deleted by some noob that doesnt wast anyone to disagree with them

the forums are fine as they are

cookiez
10-06-2012, 07:21 PM
I think this is a good idea! Minus the "delete others posts".
It could give the devs a little break as oposed to them having to lock all the flame threads

noperly22
10-06-2012, 07:29 PM
no because then people that point out serious flaws could just get their messages deleted by some noob that doesnt wast anyone to disagree with them

the forums are fine as they are
Thats why i think if that one becomes a problem , then the devs can just take it back

Yich
10-06-2012, 07:37 PM
I like the idea of being able to lock my own thread.

noperly22
10-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Like What do you mean? Elaborate?

Patricks
10-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Agree with 1, disagree with rest.

I think there should be a limit on the number of threads that are created on the same topic on the same day. For example, someone in the traders market section posted 8 to 10 threads about red dragon in 2 days. That is considered spam.

Also there should be a way to prevent people from bumping their own threads. For example, someone in the traders market section was bumping his/her threads about red dragon over and over again.

noperly22
10-06-2012, 07:43 PM
WOW sounds annoying i agree XD

Zeus
10-06-2012, 08:47 PM
So I can delete your posts when you offer 6m for a red dragon armor? +1

Best idea I have heard from you! :)

Now only if there's a feature to delete those coincidental threads that pop up created by you selling a red dragon armor for 22m...Now that would be gold. ;)

Suentous PO
10-06-2012, 09:11 PM
I wouldn't want that. I think the ability to lock your own, to censor dissent and ban free speach would be misused due to ignorance or intent. I think all of those ideas could lead to many multiple thread drama cluttering and confusion.
It would be too similar to being a mod.

noperly22
10-06-2012, 10:18 PM
So I can delete your posts when you offer 6m for a red dragon armor? +1

Best idea I have heard from you! :)

Now only if there's a feature to delete those coincidental threads that pop up created by you selling a red dragon armor for 22m...Now that would be gold. ;)

Wow That person must sure as heeeylll make money :D