PDA

View Full Version : Chat Suggestions (:

Hakala
10-07-2012, 12:06 AM
I love the chat system in this game. I get online every day just to see if my friends are online. Lately I've been getting a little irritated, though, with the chat in game for two reasons only:
---Out of control chat filters

And

---Spamming on the general chat

I know I can't be the only one out there tired of these things, and there probably are some other suggestions that could improve chat like:

---A way to view ONLY general/guild/friends list chats, without being overloaded by all of the other chats at once.

Also

---Dedicated Market chat for buying/selling/trading/freebies... This would also help cut down on the spamming in Blackstar.

---Bold or Colored character names in general chat for guild members/ friends list, so the messages we actually want to see stick out more than the rest of the mumbo - jumbo.

And/Or

---A chat filter setting, in settings. This way, the game can automatically set to a family friendly setting, with an option to make filter medium for teenagers or off for adults. I know a lot of people would want a filter to protect the children, I understand that. In that instance, maybe make a way to authorize an "off" setting to the chat filter, I.e. use a Credit Card to verify age. (I would gladly pay a dollar to Dev's in order to not be muted when I say "doesn't it" or any other other many quirky filtered things that are said most of the time.)

//////////////////////////////

I know that there are probably many more ideas out there, or a mixture of some above... But I think the one thing most of us can agree on is that it's time for a Chat Upgrade. :D

Mitchturbo
10-07-2012, 01:09 AM
+1
I agree Completely!

ArtofWar
10-07-2012, 08:05 AM
+1 nice ideas!

tearacan
10-08-2012, 02:44 AM
---Dedicated Market chat for buying/selling/trading/freebies... This would also help cut down on the spamming in Blackstar.

People need to use it to make it work, but they won't. Like people won't stop spamming sales at base not matter what you say.

Zaonabiuibil
10-08-2012, 05:35 AM
People need to use it to make it work, but they won't. Like people won't stop spamming sales at base not matter what you say.

There is this fantastic new button called the mute button, try it ;)

tearacan
10-08-2012, 06:39 AM
spamming at base isn't my point :hopelessness:, point is as long people wont use the specially created channel for sales, it's flawed.

Hakala
10-09-2012, 05:26 PM
spamming at base isn't my point :hopelessness:, point is as long people wont use the specially created channel for sales, it's flawed.

I agree, for the specific market chat there would have to be something implemented in order to make it successful...
Some ideas I came up with include:

Moderate general chat (a filter for multiple posts)
Initiate "Crime Watch" ... A report button for people to report someone selling on the wrong chat channel. If three (or some other random number) reports come in about one specific person, then they are muted for a half hour (or some other set amount of time). If they receive "X" amount of reports/mutes then they are banned for "X" amount of days, or indefinitely.

I have a few other ideas, but I think those two would be the most effective. Tbh, I think that MOST people would really enjoy a dedicated channel for market. There will always be a few bad apples, but it shouldn't stop the idea from getting out there entirely! :)
I say, give it a shot. I'll personally have fun going around reporting spammers using the wrong chat channel ;)