PDA

View Full Version : Rare items, lackluster in stats!!

Seraphine
04-21-2010, 06:38 PM
Anyone else feel that the excitement of getting your first (or second, or third) rare item is completely dashed when you realize that the lvl 30 rare you just got, has stats worse than the lvl 29 grey item your currently using!!!

Example:

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx47/jlpanian/e8e20e4e.jpg

I realize that this has slightly different backend stats like Health regen (which is nice), but the complete downgrade in DPS in my opinion defeats any possible benefits.

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx47/jlpanian/4f08f214.jpg

Druc
04-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Yeah...but...it's got a skull on it!

Instantly more bad-*** regardless of what it does

Seraphine
04-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Hahah!

Not to mention that the ice staff DOES NOT BREAK my freeze blast, while the lower dps skull does.... worthless

Deathshock
04-21-2010, 06:57 PM
In my opinion, rare items are kinda pointless right now because they're dropped by almost any monster.

_ck
04-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Having a health regen of +2 (especially when you had none to begin with) is a way bigger bonus than -1 in DPS or the minor loss in Damage.

Deathshock
04-21-2010, 07:09 PM
Having a health regen of +2 (especially when you had none to begin with) is a way bigger bonus than -1 in DPS or the minor loss in Damage.

For sure. I'd trade 1 dps for 2 health regen any day.

Seraphine
04-21-2010, 07:40 PM

NO WAY!

I can solo any boss any level, and have been able to since lvl 25. I never get hit, why do I need HP regen? You assume that I play like most dps enchantresses, and that is run in and AOE everything. Instead I single target, freeze and kill. Only on bosses do I need more than 1 freeze per battle, and then its just a matter of aoe knockback, refreeze - rinse and repeat.

HP regen means so little to me, that the ONLY reason I would switch to a staff that would break freeze, would need to be an increase in DPS.

The reason I compared the dps to my current staff, is because its a LVL 29 GREY common drop!!! It was my impression that higher lvl RARE items, would be an increase in dps/stats.

I was just pointing out (as titled) the lackluster rares in their current form.

_ck
04-21-2010, 07:56 PM
Well, if you can solo any level and any boss without even getting hit (!) then I don't know what to say.. Only that you're probably an exception and your skill level is way, way above this game. The rest of us mortals welcome +2 H/s however, I know I do.

Chacaz
04-21-2010, 07:56 PM
Golden Skulled Staff > Ice Staff

Golden Skulled Staff is pimp, thus making it better. Haha just kidding stick with the Ice Stick :D

Deathshock
04-21-2010, 08:15 PM
Well, if you can solo any level and any boss without even getting hit (!) then I don't know what to say.. Only that you're probably an exception and your skill level is way, way above this game. The rest of us mortals welcome +2 H/s however, I know I do.

Haha true true. Some enchantresses just many not feel the need for hp regen. Hence why they are enchantresses

Justg
04-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Cinco is focused on the class balances right now, I imagine weapons and armor passes are in the future as well.

Bottom line is we think you are right... the stats should totally reflect the style. And that skull staff is sweet!

Zithorio
04-21-2010, 11:58 PM
As Ellis in left 4 dead 2 would say... Ain't that a load o' ----! Also, do staff really only have h/s?? Cuz that's a load of bigger ----! Finally, yeah, I only grab pink armor boosters, a pink wep is so overrated and useless, the stats barely increase a noticeable amount unless 20 points higher! Hint hint! And they only have three stats... I think that the equipment system should include a lucky option system per each color. For example, grey could have damage with the lucky option of another stat, white including 2 or 1 stat if lucky, green 3, 2 or 1, orange with 4, 3 or 2, blue should have up to a boost of all stats and pink should have a boost of all stats, no exeption, and it's option is an extra high boost to the stats that it includes! Good idea right?

Splurd
04-22-2010, 12:13 AM
For sure. I'd trade 1 dps for 2 health regen any day.

lets see.... I do around 50dps now, and if I trade them all for 2 h/s.

zomg 100h/s

:cool:

utopi
04-22-2010, 03:40 AM

Exactly!!.

King Richie
04-22-2010, 07:26 AM
The patch made legendary items amazing now

PROUDLEGENDSMEMBER

Splurd
04-22-2010, 10:32 PM
The patch made legendary items amazing now

PROUDLEGENDSMEMBER

What do you mean by that?