PDA

View Full Version : bug: cursing and flaming in chat (any chat)

tearacan
10-08-2012, 03:11 AM
Please improve the mute/ban filters.

Corpser
10-08-2012, 03:57 AM
There is always a way around them just report and move on if needed sts will upgrade them ;D

TYRANTO
10-08-2012, 05:35 AM
u can filter them check ur options

BodMaster
10-08-2012, 11:23 AM
u can filter them check ur options

You can filter them, but you still get muted ;)

Traosabara
10-08-2012, 12:44 PM
People need to realize the word filter is their for a reason and stop bypassing it.

Their are plenty of safer words to use to express your feelings. Have some creativity.

Zaonabiuibil
10-08-2012, 02:29 PM
People need to realize the word filter is their for a reason and stop bypassing it.

Their are plenty of safer words to use to express your feelings. Have some creativity.

sentence enhancers ;)

Szangheili
10-08-2012, 03:15 PM

Totally true, you don't have to curse all the time, just troll the person for a while, and soon enough, they'll get muted :)

William To
10-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Bro i got something to tell ya, People will always cuss! I dun care if its IG or IRL. Just Chill :)

Mothwing
10-08-2012, 07:35 PM
I'm cool with cursing as long as it's not directed at someone.

Sometimes people need to let out some steam, which I understand. So I don't go around reporting every single person that curses (to an extent).

Sryyoulose
10-08-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm cool with cursing as long as it's not directed at someone.

Sometimes people need to let out some steam, which I understand. So I don't go around reporting every single person that curses (to an extent).

Cursing isnt classy and doesn't give a good representation of who you are. Not sayin that I've never cursed, just that I don't believe in the neccisity to do so. And no need to curse casually on a kids game.

BodMaster
10-09-2012, 12:08 AM
Suck ups.. d0uche is considered cursing, how in the world is that so.

Mute for using that is ridiculous.

And I believe you have it the wrong way around, the reason there is so much cursing is because it's a kids game. (Kids nowadays know more swear/curse words than anyone)

tearacan
10-10-2012, 05:16 AM
The fact that kids curse a lot might be accepted by many, but it doesn't mean it is good.
STS advertises this as an all age game, it won't hurt if they put some effort in it to actually keep it nice and friendly ingame.

(just 2) Rules of Conduct
* Harassing or threading another player(s).
* Using sexually explicit, harmful, obscene, hateful, racial, ethnic, or nationally offensive chat.

Astrocat
10-10-2012, 06:14 AM
The fact that kids curse a lot might be accepted by many, but it doesn't mean it is good.
STS advertises this as an all age game, it won't hurt if they put some effort in it to actually keep it nice and friendly ingame.

* Using sexually explicit, harmful, obscene, hateful, racial, ethnic, or nationally offensive chat.

That's why there's the mute button :rolleyes:.

They did.

Slant
10-10-2012, 10:00 AM
hey I picked up a few choice curse words because of this muting feature, so this aspect of the game has been needing some improvements for some time now, but putting in more informal and slang variations of curses is bound to mess it up even more
or maybe the banned words is according to some rules we are not aware of
and yeah it's mostly the kids who curse, and it's not really that rampant in the game at all, just report if someone is getting around it

StompArtist
10-10-2012, 10:00 AM
hey I picked up a few choice curse words because of this muting feature, "gonna put on my armour", or "oks me gonna run now", and an entire country is considered a slur, so this aspect of the game has been needing some improvements for some time now, but putting in more informal and slang variations of curses is bound to mess it up even more
or maybe the banned words is according to some rules we are not aware of
and yeah it's mostly the kids who curse, and it's not really that rampant in the game at all, just report if someone is getting around it

A country? What country?

Slant
10-10-2012, 10:07 AM
^ack u got me before I edited it out lol its Pakistan

StompArtist
10-10-2012, 10:10 AM
^ack u got me before I edited it out lol its Pakistan

That's ridiculous "Hello I am form ********" You've been muted!". Want me to change the quote?

Slant
10-10-2012, 10:15 AM
not muted, censored, it shows up as "Hello I am from ****stan", it's almost as bad

akfury
10-10-2012, 11:30 AM

BodMaster
10-10-2012, 02:10 PM

It's not about being excepted it's inevitable, that it occurs.

Just Report, then Ignore.

not muted, censored, it shows up as "Hello I am from ****stan", it's almost as bad

Well we all know why, but still madness!

Doesn't x amount of censors = Mute? (Did before which was annoying, if silly censored)