PDA

View Full Version : PVP - The Game Changing Idea

Demarrer
04-21-2010, 06:56 PM
WARNING!!! Long Read

Alright, so I normally only play MMOs for the PvP. I know this will have different circumstances due to the fact that it is on a phone, but here are my ideas for a great PvP system. Remember, this should be a big update in my opinion. These also are not sized as we see it now with 5 max players. This is for 5v5 or higher scale fights.

Classes
Right now we have three classes, in which each have their strengths and weaknesses. Each of them have skills which work as their offense or defense. When it comes to PvP, the current skills just don't work very well. Each class needs to get a few more skills, which adds to better PvP and just more choices for the user to play with.

Warrior
Charge - A quick damage move that launches the opponent towards their target.
Reflect - Decreases damage from magical attacks
Armor Ignore - Deadly strike ignoring the users armor strength
Root - Stick enemy to the ground (paralyze)
Enchantress
Small Heal - Single target heal for small amount, small mana requirement
Greater Heal - Single target heal for large amount, larger mana requirement
Flamestrike - Single target large damage attack, large mana requirement + long cool-down
Archer
Mana Drain - Instead of dealing HP dmg, Mana dmg is dealt
Explosion - Exploding arrows, hits area of creatures/people and gives a knock-back ( like stomp)
Freeze Arrow - Slows down opponent while dealing minimal damage.

Arena
One of the most difficult decisions is how to PvP. Where will it all take place? Well there are two possible choices, dungeons and arenas.

Arenas would work as normal. You join a PvP dedicated game, battle in either FFA or as a Team, and the winner would get gold or items. However, i think dungeons would be much more fun and exciting.

These dungeons would be created with PvP in mind. New dungeons would be made so that PvP could be done in them. The maps would be like all the rest, except with some buffs. The monsters would be harder, the boss (just one) would be much stronger, and the loot would be better.

A difference between regular maps and the PvP maps is when disconnecting or quitting the map. When you leave the dungeon, however it may be, you are still in the game for X amount of time. This is to prevent players from receiving an item they like and quitting to secure it.

Example: A guild is doing this dungeon for items and another guild jumps in. The two guilds battle amongst each other while fighting the spawn of monsters to get to the prize, which is the boss. The boss would take numerous people to take down, but provide a very nice item. Thus, you aren't battling just to PvP. You are battling for a much larger prize.

Looting
Now when I say looting, I don't mean items you receive from killing monsters. This is PvP looting, so you loot other people. Right now the game has absolutely no penalty for dying. In PvP you have to have a fear of dying, you have to want to use teamwork and win big battles. One reason for you to win is as I stated above, the dungeon idea. However looting gives another exciting reason to PvP.

The looting system should be Full Loot - Kind of... I call it that because it is not a full blown full loot. When you enter the dungeon, whatever you are wearing is locked onto your character. Those pieces of armor and weapons will not leave your person at all. However, everything else your character has is free game. When you die, anybody in the game can click your deceased body and loot the items you had in your inventory. Your corpse then vanishes when your body is empty. Just items are loot-able, both potions and gold unaffected by this.

If this is the case, why would I even enter the dungeons with any items on me? You probably shouldn't, but what if you get one in the dungeon

Example: Your guild is doing a dungeon and you get a pink item as loot. The item is fantastic, the best you have ever seen. Now other people join and start to fight you. That item is up for grabs, so if you die it is gone. However, if you like the item you got you can switch it out with something you were wearing. That item then locks, but the previously worn item is loot-able by anyone in the game.

Items
When I say items, I pretty much just mean potions. The way potions work now is that you can nonstop use them, as long as you have them in your inventory. Obviously this just wouldn't be logical when it comes to PvP. Something has to be done with the potions, and there are two solutions.

1. Take them out completely
2. Add a cool-down (the obvious)

The second choice is the obvious because it just makes the most sense. If I'm doing a dungeon with mobs and never get raided, why should I be penalized by not being allowed potions?

I think potions should have a 3-5 second cool-down, but this is obviously up for trial and error. You don't want someone to be able to live through your entire attack sequence by spamming heal pots, but you also want them to be useful. 3-5 seconds seems to be the best cool-down time. All other items should obviously be allowed.

Conclusion
Finally, you made it to the end. Now this is just an idea I had to incorporate PvP into an already very advanced game. This is by no means correct, just my ideas.

Have certain levels (dungeons) be where the PvP happens. This gives people who don't want to PvP the right to not have to be bothered by it. When you die, you have the chance to lose everything you worked for (or stole!). This solves peoples desires to fight others, show their guilds dominance, and get awesome loot all at the same time.

Praise it, Bash it, Do what you will!

setec
04-21-2010, 07:00 PM
I'm not a fan of PvP for PL, HOWEVER, hey, if there was an option, I'll just stick with PvE and those that want to PVP can.

But, since you can currently join games and max out at 5 players only, how would you PvP a dungeon? I can understand an arena could be 1v1 or 2v2 but a dungeon suggests something where its maybe 5v5. I guess they would have to allow more players in each game, which I think is currently restricted.

Deathshock
04-21-2010, 07:03 PM
Not really a big fan of 1v1 or 2v2 for pocket legends. 5v5 would probably be more enjoyable...

Demarrer
04-21-2010, 07:24 PM
This is meant to be for bigger scale fights. 2v2 isn't enjoyable at all. 5v5 or like 7v7 was more my idea.

setec
04-21-2010, 07:37 PM
Right. But currently you can only have 5 people in any one game. I guess if there were no enemy mobs in a game, they could allow more than 5 players in a PvP game.

Chacaz
04-21-2010, 08:00 PM
So when you die you loose EVERYTHING? Haha not playing PvP anytime soon if that actually happens...

Demarrer
04-21-2010, 08:50 PM
So when you die you loose EVERYTHING? Haha not playing PvP anytime soon if that actually happens...

Sounds like someone has never actually played a real PvP game.

Chacaz
04-21-2010, 09:04 PM

Nope... I didn't even knew what the hell was a "MMO" I'm not a video game kid because I have soccer practice like EVERYDAY and my friends always want to hang out AND have grades to think about if I want to continue with the schools soccer team... I only have like 1 hour a day or 30 mins for this game so yeah...

Caspi
04-21-2010, 11:14 PM
Na, no thanks. WoW style arena would be nice, but 5v5 would be pretty laggy, expecialy if people are connected from wifi. But pve pvp is not something I think should be put here for a few reasons.

Firstly, the lack of even teams. If only 5 people from one side join, couldn't they just clear the bosses quickly? And if bosses drop no loot and players do, I doubt 5 people would want to wait for 10 minutes for another 5. And if 1 or 2 people join for the other side, they would be overwhelmed fast, and would leave. If you force even teams and disallow premades, it could work a little better but be less fun.

Then, there is the loosing everything. That may be good for hardcore pvp games, but this is pocket legends. It's supposed to be picked up every now and then, not played 14 hours a day. People would spend more time grinding than pvping.

No, I think the future of PL pvp is in free for all servers set up by the player for a selected amount, eg one can join for a 1v1 or 4 can join for a full server of pvp. I hav no idea how the rewards would work, but I would be interested to see titles for pvp, or HARD feats.

Zithorio
04-21-2010, 11:45 PM
I despise the idea of losing everything unless there's a bank system by the time trading is put out. Also, I think free for all where you gain special pvp titles for how many player kills you get would be cool, especially if there were constantly spawning enemy waves so if not engaged with a player, your fighting normal mobs. That way there would be action everywhere. Ooooh and the mobs roam the whole map so you can't just duck and cover. Finally, potions in pvp only, should have a 3 second cooldown, and mp potions should have a 1 second cooldown.

Caspi
04-21-2010, 11:51 PM
I despise the idea of losing everything unless there's a bank system by the time trading is put out. Also, I think free for all where you gain special pvp titles for how many player kills you get would be cool, especially if there were constantly spawning enemy waves so if not engaged with a player, your fighting normal mobs. That way there would be action everywhere. Ooooh and the mobs roam the whole map so you can't just duck and cover. Finally, potions in pvp only, should have a 3 second cooldown, and mp potions should have a 1 second cooldown.

Mobs in pvp, still a bad idea. Imagine if you blew a cd on a mob and then a player jumps you. The pvp maps should be small to allow continues action, not packed with mobs. And getting kills is a good way to get titles, if getting killed decreases it ;)

Splurd
04-22-2010, 12:28 AM

I have and it sucks. It is exceedingly prone to abuse. eg
lvl 100 guild with uber hardcore players in it, running around the pvp maps killing everything. From rival guilds to lvl 5 noobs. Player grieving.

Secondly, the current classes are not balanced yet. Archers are doing too much dps, warriors have too much armour, mages have too little cleavage, stats are not working, potions need tweaking, blah blah.

Yes, they are thinking of pvp. It is in their roadmap.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?463-Technology-Roadmap
But, it wont be for some time yet. Balanced gameplay is more vital as compared to imbalanced pvp.

ddarko18
04-22-2010, 03:32 AM
lol all those people afraid of looting, stay away from real mmos, stick with carebear games like WoW, I personally think that this demarrer character has a really good idea

King Richie
04-22-2010, 07:19 AM
i personally love all the points u have made and i really hope spacetime are able to find a way to introduce a 5v5 like the townes max out at i think 24 so if they are able to recreate something like that with much less mobs but stronger than normal dungeons 5v5 pvp+pve would be very enjoyable and i love your idea for looting it makes dying nothing to fear if your not doing work but if you are and you aquire some good loot then you really would start playing way more cautiously and start playing more team like ! The only thing that you havent thought about is say one team gets the loot then the other team takes it off them the game could go on for a very long time as it would just be battle after battle to try and get the loot off them so there would have to be like a minute timer after all the mobs and Boss is killed untill you can leave so basically for a minute after aquiring the loot it would be a game of defending that character from the other team ... this would be very enjoyable and i think very popular !

PROUDLEGENDSMEMBER

darrensmith016
04-22-2010, 07:40 AM
lol all those people afraid of looting, stay away from real mmos, stick with carebear games like WoW, I personally think that this demarrer character has a really good idea

what would be a real mmo? once banks are introduced player can store their items safely

Shebee
04-22-2010, 07:50 AM
Sorry but I had to laugh at this one, every single idea is stolen from wow.
No please, I mean I do agree on something cool like arenas, but seriously..
And losing items when dying will just ruin the game.

darrensmith016
04-22-2010, 07:52 AM
Sorry but I had to laugh at this one, every single idea is stolen from wow.
No please, I mean I do agree on something cool like arenas, but seriously..
And losing items when dying will just ruin the game.

i totally agree! some items the user may have paid for... id be annoyed if i lost a pink or one i paid for

Shebee
04-22-2010, 08:13 AM
I think it's the most stupid idea to reward from pvp.
And the one who said WoW is a carebear game, I can't stop laughing, I'm sure it's coming from a mouth of a pro PvP player haha.

Anyway, I support the idea of an arena, I like that from wow.

This one made me laugh as well, there is not even one single game that supports PvP in a professional way where you lose items or money when you die.

darrensmith016
04-22-2010, 08:54 AM
thats why i asked what games do that, admitly the only pvp game ive played in wow

ddarko18
04-22-2010, 09:01 AM
Really no mmo has a looting system? wow you don't even realize how carebear WoW really is. If you want to play a real MMO play UO, although you may not like it because your corpse can and will be looted and it doesn't have cartoon graphics. As far as looting items bought with real money, I would think those would have to be unlootable. And with the banks, do we even know how they work? Maybe you have to go back to towne to bank items, so you will still need to escape the mmo dungeon in order to do that. This dungeon won't be for everybody, thats why i believe demarrer said it would be optional, for the carebear WoW players, you can always stick with dark forest.

darrensmith016
04-22-2010, 09:03 AM
Really no mmo has a looting system? wow you don't even realize how carebear WoW really is. If you want to play a real MMO play UO, although you may not like it because your corpse can and will be looted and it doesn't have cartoon graphics. As far as looting items bought with real money, I would think those would have to be unlootable. And with the banks, do we even know how they work? Maybe you have to go back to towne to bank items, so you will still need to escape the mmo dungeon in order to do that. This dungeon won't be for everybody, thats why i believe demarrer said it would be optional, for the carebear WoW players, you can always stick with dark forest.

but what other games loot players items?

Demarrer
04-22-2010, 10:08 AM
but what other games loot players items?

Ultima Online, Shadowbane, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Asheron's Call... Just to name a few

Many people would argue Ultima Online and Asheron's Call to be the greatest MMO's to date. Way ahead of their time, endless possibilities, and the best PvP systems ever.

Demarrer
04-22-2010, 10:09 AM
I think it's the most stupid idea to reward from pvp.
And the one who said WoW is a carebear game, I can't stop laughing, I'm sure it's coming from a mouth of a pro PvP player haha.

Anyway, I support the idea of an arena, I like that from wow.

This one made me laugh as well, there is not even one single game that supports PvP in a professional way where you lose items or money when you die.

Are you serious? Not one... The first REAL mmo, which still takes the most skill is Ultima Online. Go try that out, die a lot, then go back to WoW were you are safe from the mean bullies online.

Shebee
04-22-2010, 10:23 AM
Are you serious? Not one... The first REAL mmo, which still takes the most skill is Ultima Online. Go try that out, die a lot, then go back to WoW were you are safe from the mean bullies online.

PvP is about skill, yeah lets all play UO rofl...
Look, is Commodore 64 still the best computer?
No it's definitely not, time goes on. Wow's PvP system if by far the most advanced and best PvP system amongst all MMORPGs.

I've played a couple of MMORPGs with that looting system, at max levels and gameplay, and so have I done in WoW.
Wow is far more superior, and it comes down to skill, and still you get rewarded from PvP, in a fair way.

Anyway, everyone who has ever done professional PvP, or even played a single arena match at high ratings will know that I'm talking about.
And these people who actually know something about PvP will laugh their asses off at this :D

Splurd
04-22-2010, 10:44 AM

Thats like saying pong, the first real computer game, needs the most skill to pvp.
Go try that out, lose to someone, and go back to whatever closed mind your brain came from.

And why the !#%^ would we want to go back to a game where bullying is possible? Does this make sense?

Shebee
04-22-2010, 10:48 AM
Thats like saying pong, the first real computer game, needs the most skill to pvp.
Go try that out, lose to someone, and go back to whatever closed mind your brain came from.

And why the !#%^ would we want to go back to a game where bullying is possible? Does this make sense?

Exactly, these people just never played any real quality mmo, and as with everyone who hasn't played wow or any equivalent game, will be a "wow hater" of some sort.
Admittedly, I was one too before I started playing these games myself, and soon I figured they weren't that bad after all.
People here just seem to have a limited experience in very few mmos, and think their way is the only way.
And I like your pong example, it's just what I tried to say with my post above!

Man your one of the few here in the forums with brains.

Edit: I'm not trying to say wow or some other game is perfect, I'm definitely not, every game has it's ups and downs.

Demarrer
04-22-2010, 10:49 AM
PvP is about skill, yeah lets all play UO rofl...
Look, is Commodore 64 still the best computer?
No it's definitely not, time goes on. Wow's PvP system if by far the most advanced and best PvP system amongst all MMORPGs.

I've played a couple of MMORPGs with that looting system, at max levels and gameplay, and so have I done in WoW.
Wow is far more superior, and it comes down to skill, and still you get rewarded from PvP, in a fair way.

Anyway, everyone who has ever done professional PvP, or even played a single arena match at high ratings will know that I'm talking about.
And these people who actually know something about PvP will laugh their asses off at this :D

So your telling me getting to the max level is more difficult and skillful than choosing 6-7 skills out of a list of more than 50 and making them all work cohesively? Not all WoW players are obnoxious fanboys, but you sir are the reason most games despise carebears.

ddarko18
04-22-2010, 10:51 AM
Ultima Online, Shadowbane, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Asheron's Call... Just to name a few

Many people would argue Ultima Online and Asheron's Call to be the greatest MMO's to date. Way ahead of their time, endless possibilities, and the best PvP systems ever.

anyone who has played any of these games is laughing their asses off that you think WoW is a pvp game, as far as the pong comparison, that is just dumb, people are still playing UO today after 13 years who plays pong anymore? and complaining about the bullying is exactly what makes WoW so carebear

Shebee
04-22-2010, 10:53 AM
anyone who has played any of these games is laughing their asses off that you think WoW is a pvp game, as far as the pong comparison, that is just dumb, people are still playing UO today after 13 years who plays pong anymore? and complaining about the bullying is exactly what makes WoW so carebear

You don't seem to know the definition for carebear.
PvP is not about losing or getting items it's about whos outplays whom..
Bigger fish eats smaller fish, not bigger fish takes stuff from smaller fish.

Your post is also paradox, first you say who plays pong, then you say UO is old and still people should play it?

ddarko18
04-22-2010, 10:54 AM
ive played wow, its boring as hell, sorry i dont want to collect mushrooms and other lame *** quests, then grind out levels just so i can get to the "real game," sick of these 13 year old kids thinking WoW is the best MMO ever just cuz they are to carebear to try out any other ones

ddarko18
04-22-2010, 10:55 AM
look at this carebear 09er, trying to tell me pvp is not about winning and losing, if its not about winning and losing then whats it about?

Shebee
04-22-2010, 10:56 AM
ive played wow, its boring as hell, sorry i dont want to collect mushrooms and other lame *** quests, then grind out levels just so i can get to the "real game," sick of these 13 year old kids thinking WoW is the best MMO ever just cuz they are to carebear to try out any other ones

Hehe what ever you think man, but maybe you shouldn't be judging a game if you never actually played the game.
I'm also not judging <insert game here> if I only played it for a couple of weeks.

ddarko18
04-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Hehe what ever you think man, but maybe you shouldn't be judging a game if you never actually played the game.
I'm also not judging <insert game here> if I only played it for a couple of weeks.

once again, sorry i dont want to play a game for 6 months grinding out levels, doing boring side quests, just to get to the real game at level 70 or 80 or whatever it is now, thats not fun

Shebee
04-22-2010, 11:00 AM
once again, sorry i dont want to play a game for 6 months grinding out levels, doing boring side quests, just to get to the real game at level 70 or 80 or whatever it is now, thats not fun

For someone it's fun for someone it's not, anyway, I don't see how this has to do with the argument here.
And maybe you should check the urban dictionary for the definition for care bears. Just a tip.

Justg
04-22-2010, 11:03 AM
Great ideas in this thread, please keep it up and please keep the tone civil.

We've not even designed PvP yet. I assure you it will be something that you can get into at all levels though.

I'd love to hear your opinions and ideas about realm-based PvP, arenas, leader boards, etc.

Demarrer
04-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Great ideas in this thread, please keep it up and please keep the tone civil.

We've not even designed PvP yet. I assure you it will be something that you can get into at all levels though.

I'd love to hear your opinions and ideas about realm-based PvP, arenas, leader boards, etc.

Thank you sir. I have a question. Would 5-5's be possible?

I don't really think leaderboards are necessary because they seem to just be ego boosters. As I said in my first post, it would be cool if you had to beat other people to get some awesome items. PvP really can't be bad, but if you fight for items rather than titles it is better imo.

ddarko18
04-22-2010, 11:06 AM
justg, i really like demarrers idea of a looting system, it would add so much depth to the pvp, i do realize pvp isnt even implented yet but i seriously hope you guys can consider it, even if its just in an optional dungeon or even server

Justg
04-22-2010, 11:11 AM
5x5 is definitely possible, even probable. We're reading this (and all) threads for design ideas, so keep it up!

Demarrer
04-22-2010, 11:12 AM
5x5 is definitely possible, even probable. We're reading this (and all) threads for design ideas, so keep it up!

That's awesome, Thanks. I do think the biggest problem in this game is the lack of penalty when you die. When it comes to PvP you should fear dying to a degree.

ddarko18
04-22-2010, 11:22 AM
That's awesome, Thanks. I do think the biggest problem in this game is the lack of penalty when you die. When it comes to PvP you should fear dying to a degree.

and you should get a reward for winning

Demarrer
04-22-2010, 11:45 AM
Maybe you should take a look at the 4 last pages of this topic and then think about whos arguments make sense and whos not, or who made childish arguments.
I'm not specifically talking about you, you didn't make any childish arguments, but Mr. Care Bear did.

How does my argument not make any sense? Full loot adds depth to PvP. It is MY IDEA in which I think it will add to the game. Ultima Online has been around for 13 years because of its PvP.

Your argument is that full loot is bad. Like I said it is not full loot, and I'm guessing guilds and a banking system will be in existence before this was released. When you are able to fight other people, lose something you like, and then battle him to get that item back it is rewarding. If a group fights, wins, and receives a title who really cares? Why is that PvP better when I could fight and take someones items or receive items. There is much more strategy when you battle to keep someone with a good item safe, while trying to keep yourself safe, while killing off everyone else.

Demarrer
04-22-2010, 11:51 AM
This debate has nothing to do with the original post anymore, also at what point did I say I didn't like hard games?
One of the reasons I have been playing wow is the reason that it is the most competitive game in both pve and pvp.
Yes you have played wow, and as you said you didnt play end game, which makes you worthy judging the game exactly how?

Accusing me for wanting something I never stated I wanted doesn't help you winning a lost argument.

Most competitive and best are two different things. WoW's PvP is more competitive than most because it has so many people playing the game. WoW doesn't have a risk reward system like other games. People are afraid to play a game where they might lose something. There are many other games that people think has a better system, but because of the risk of losing items people don't give it a try.

ddarko18
04-22-2010, 11:52 AM
WoW has been out what, 5 or 6 years? do you really think in 7 more years wow will still have a devout following? no people will move on to a prettier mmo, prolly the next blizzard one or the new star wars mmo, people still playing UO arent playing for the graphics they are playing for the gameplay, thats whats kept it going the last 13 years and thats what will keep it going 13 more

ddarko18
04-22-2010, 11:53 AM
heard that wow already lost half of its players to darkfail anyway

Justg
04-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Obviously a passionate topic, let's open it back up. Be nice :)

Demarrer
04-22-2010, 02:54 PM

Thank you sir.

Shebee
04-22-2010, 04:30 PM
When you are able to fight other people, lose something you like, and then battle him to get that item back it is rewarding. If a group fights, wins, and receives a title who really cares? Why is that PvP better when I could fight and take someones items or receive items. There is much more strategy when you battle to keep someone with a good item safe, while trying to keep yourself safe, while killing off everyone else.
Well first of all, you could receive PvP currency, which can be used to buy PvP rewards and items? Instead of receiving gold or items I don't need, anyway.
Being a professional PvP player myself I don't agree with any of your arguments, like having to involve more strategy to protect 1 person.
Where's the logic there? The conventional PvP system supports your idea of team play much more than yours does.
Why would one want to sacrifice himself for another if he loses money and items upon death?
How does that encourage team play in any way?

For everyone who said there is nothing to compete in wow.
Excuse me, but once again you are judging a game you have no idea of (ddarko18).
In wow you compete for: items, rewards, status, mounts, places for tournaments held worldwide with prices up to 200,000$.
I don't think that even ˝ would have made it if you would lost items and money on death, simply because probably over 2/3 people playing PvP in wow at the moment, would not do that if you would lose items and money.

Most competitive and best are two different things. WoW's PvP is more competitive than most because it has so many people playing the game. WoW doesn't have a risk reward system like other games. People are afraid to play a game where they might lose something. There are many other games that people think has a better system, but because of the risk of losing items people don't give it a try.
So basically your saying that it's a bad idea to have a looting system like you proposed?

WoW has been out what, 5 or 6 years? do you really think in 7 more years wow will still have a devout following? no people will move on to a prettier mmo, prolly the next blizzard one or the new star wars mmo, people still playing UO arent playing for the graphics they are playing for the gameplay, thats whats kept it going the last 13 years and thats what will keep it going 13 more
Just because UO was the first real MMO, doesn't mean it's there forever, and I don't think that WoW will ever fall, they continuously improve game play to meet the current standards and improve graphics and whatnot. Also, over the past 6 years, there have been so called “WoW killers”, Age of Conan, EVE Online, Warhammer Online, Aion and so on, all of which I have played too, none of them have succeeded.
Also, for your own interest:
As of June 2006, Ultima Online held a 1.1% market share of the massively multiplayer online game subscriptions. (Which is probably under 1% by now if not even down to .5%)
Where as WoW has over 62%.

heard that wow already lost half of its players to darkfail anyway
Every game will lose subscribers to another game, there's no way around, but they will continuously gain more and more subscribers from other games, and old veterans returning to the game.

ddarko18
04-22-2010, 05:04 PM
ill bump this bad boy because this is best idea i have seen so far

Demarrer
04-22-2010, 05:19 PM
Well first of all, you could receive PvP currency, which can be used to buy PvP rewards and items? Instead of receiving gold or items I don't need, anyway.
Being a professional PvP player myself I don't agree with any of your arguments, like having to involve more strategy to protect 1 person.
Where's the logic there? The conventional PvP system supports your idea of team play much more than yours does.
Why would one want to sacrifice himself for another if he loses money and items upon death?
How does that encourage team play in any way?

For everyone who said there is nothing to compete in wow.
Excuse me, but once again you are judging a game you have no idea of (ddarko18).
In wow you compete for: items, rewards, status, mounts, places for tournaments held worldwide with prices up to 200,000$.
I don't think that even ˝ would have made it if you would lost items and money on death, simply because probably over 2/3 people playing PvP in wow at the moment, would not do that if you would lose items and money.

So basically your saying that it's a bad idea to have a looting system like you proposed?

Just because UO was the first real MMO, doesn't mean it's there forever, and I don't think that WoW will ever fall, they continuously improve game play to meet the current standards and improve graphics and whatnot. Also, over the past 6 years, there have been so called “WoW killers”, Age of Conan, EVE Online, Warhammer Online, Aion and so on, all of which I have played too, none of them have succeeded.
Also, for your own interest:
As of June 2006, Ultima Online held a 1.1% market share of the massively multiplayer online game subscriptions. (Which is probably under 1% by now if not even down to .5%)
Where as WoW has over 62%.

Every game will lose subscribers to another game, there's no way around, but they will continuously gain more and more subscribers from other games, and old veterans returning to the game.

You have a little to much free time.

Banned
04-22-2010, 06:03 PM

You sir, are the man.

ddarko18
04-22-2010, 06:05 PM
you have to have alot of spare time if you play wow, takes 6 months to actually start playing the game

Shebee
04-22-2010, 06:06 PM
you have to have alot of spare time if you play wow, takes 6 months to actually start playing the game

Around 12 days on casual speed. (To reach the max level)

Madmartigen
04-22-2010, 10:52 PM
I only read the main post, but his idea is great. Incorporates ideas from ulitma online aion and other great games. i like the idea for a charge. i also think maybe 1-2 sec cool down for potions but idk see how it works.

anyway alot of great ideas for loot drops and having main gear and potions that u keep. maybe have some sort of item insurance system where u pay x amount to hold on to an item and if u die u lose x amount that u paid to insure it but keep the item

Cant wait to see pvp in this game

LordRaid
04-23-2010, 12:09 AM
I for one think that this is an awesome idea overall; hopefully a PVP system will be implemented soon.

Demarrer
04-23-2010, 12:10 PM
I only read the main post, but his idea is great. Incorporates ideas from ulitma online aion and other great games. i like the idea for a charge. i also think maybe 1-2 sec cool down for potions but idk see how it works.

anyway alot of great ideas for loot drops and having main gear and potions that u keep. maybe have some sort of item insurance system where u pay x amount to hold on to an item and if u die u lose x amount that u paid to insure it but keep the item

Cant wait to see pvp in this game

So basically you wan't UO's insurance system? I see no problem with that. Frankly if they just pulled all of UO's PvP, then it would be a success. The game came out ten years ago and is still considered one of the best MMOs because of its PvP.

Leviticus
04-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Even if the PvP dungeon idea wasn't an option, maybe a dueling system would be good, allowing the players to know exactly who their opponent is and staking accordingly. Wages would consist of gold and items.

Sayishere
04-23-2010, 12:33 PM
there should be a cooldown on potions if a pvp system was implemented, actually killing someone who spams the pot button will be very tedious to say the least

Demarrer
04-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Even if the PvP dungeon idea wasn't an option, maybe a dueling system would be good, allowing the players to know exactly who their opponent is and staking accordingly. Wages would consist of gold and items.

That is a good idea. I'm not saying my idea should be it and there's nothing else. A dueling arena to go along with the dungeon idea I think is very good. I like the idea of being able to put up your wage.

Demarrer
04-23-2010, 04:31 PM
there should be a cooldown on potions if a pvp system was implemented, actually killing someone who spams the pot button will be very tedious to say the least

I think that goes without saying.

Madmartigen
04-23-2010, 07:18 PM
So basically you wan't UO's insurance system? I see no problem with that. Frankly if they just pulled all of UO's PvP, then it would be a success. The game came out ten years ago and is still considered one of the best MMOs because of its PvP.

Yeah pretty much haha....i played the game for almost 10 years :P Which is why i relate his ideas to it. But as simple as the combat system is in UO as well as in this game, why not mimic some of the good ideas from a game thats 10+ years old and still runs strong ;)

Shebee
04-24-2010, 05:35 AM
I think that goes without saying.

I wouldn't be so sure, just read a couple of topics considering the potion spam issue.

Demarrer
04-24-2010, 01:22 PM
I wouldn't be so sure, just read a couple of topics considering the potion spam issue.

Pots having a cool-down or not being allowed in PvP is mandatory.

Demarrer
04-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Yeah pretty much haha....i played the game for almost 10 years :P Which is why i relate his ideas to it. But as simple as the combat system is in UO as well as in this game, why not mimic some of the good ideas from a game thats 10+ years old and still runs strong ;)

Best MMO Ever, until EA bought it out.

Zerious
01-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Food Maxx told me to bump this thread :D

[Lt] Shiny
01-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Enchantress' healing ability doesn't a great amount to the Mage herself, but only about 1.5/3 the amount to everyone else. Also the healing ability uses almost 0 mana considering Elf's huge Mana Pool and their great regen skills. But other than that, most of your other new Spec ideas are fair and smart (to a certain extent or course)

Zerious
01-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Shiny this thread is ancient... -1

falcomarcher1
01-15-2011, 09:14 PM
very very good