PDA

View Full Version : Mind, BLOWN!

Sryyoulose
10-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Amazing idea, you can either read the post or skip to the bottom.

So today I read another tragic tale about a person losing a guild to another immature kid who wants to leave the guild. Officers, a really great idea, shows leadership, trust, authority, demands respect, and can show seniority and knowledge. Recruiters: Usually just recruit friends and people who want to join. See the difference, the officer position is really prestigious over the recruiter even though you only get the ability to boot and use officer chat. Yet the power to boot one must learn to use with GREAT reluctance, and only in intolerable situations.

So I'm no going to bore you any longer!
What if... Officers had a 5 person boot limit per day, this gives the master ample time to save the guild while officers still have the ability to boot people who are being immature. Also when somebody gets booted they are kicked from the guild for 24h so they can't rejoin until the officers boots are used up.

Mind...blown...
Tell me what you think :)

Fao
10-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Love it. +10! Except for the last little bit, I kinda disagree with that, they should be able to rejoin immediately!

Devs. Put it in the game.

vampinoy
10-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Was this inspired by this thread? http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?70382-Don-t-give-guild-griefers-a-chance-!

LwMark
10-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Dejavu

Mothwing
10-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Good idea. Although...if you have multiple alts as officers, they could manipulate it that way. But it can be easily avoidable by a one character officer limit.

Griffinfan
10-09-2012, 07:17 AM
+1 . Brilliant

Elyseon
10-09-2012, 07:21 AM
Lol this was already said
But I still don't agree, I want my officers to be able to boot who ever they want, that's why they are officers for me

MightyMicah
10-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Good suggestion, Micah!

Sciazaratek
10-09-2012, 02:01 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?70382-Don-t-give-guild-griefers-a-chance-!

(From post #2) :

I would limit it to 5 per day.
&

What if...Officers had a 5 person boot limit per day,

Dejavu

Lol

Snakespeare
10-09-2012, 02:06 PM
How about for the first 24 hours, their names go on a "Past Members" page where a GM can find all the booted players and re-invite them (or even ban them from re-joining.)

ninjaduck
10-09-2012, 02:16 PM
How about give officer to good people who wont let you down. Thats an idea. O.o

Yich
10-09-2012, 02:26 PM
How about for the first 24 hours, their names go on a "Past Members" page where a GM can find all the booted players and re-invite them (or even ban them from re-joining.)

Or maybe guilds that wouldnt notice someone being kicked Shouldnt exist in the first place. I have a guild with NO gm. Not inactive, the GM deleted his character so its just two officers. If i want to boot everyone, I should be allowed to.

Drizzid
10-09-2012, 03:24 PM
This is a problem?

Every time someone is booted from my guild there's usually a good reason for it. What if the gm is never on and an officer wishes to clear inactive members? Are they supposed to take a week to boot 35 people?

Instead it should be up to the gm to promote willing and responsible officers. This isn't the devs job to enforce, they have much more important things to spend time/resources on than this shenanigans.

There's no need for the devs to regulate booting when the issue is non-existent or has a very simple solution.

Energizeric
10-10-2012, 03:56 PM
What is "officer chat"? I guess our guild is not large enough yet, but I'm an officer and didn't know there was such a thing. How does it work? What is the code to use it? I'm assuming only officers can read then?

JaytB
10-10-2012, 04:02 PM
What is "officer chat"? I guess our guild is not large enough yet, but I'm an officer and didn't know there was such a thing. How does it work? What is the code to use it? I'm assuming only officers can read then?

/o is officer chat. Only visible to all other officers and gm.

cookiez
10-10-2012, 04:20 PM

With a little bit of improvement this is the best idea out there (IMO)

dudetus
10-10-2012, 04:22 PM
/o is officer chat. Only visible to all other officers and gm.

And it's yellow!

Mothwing
10-10-2012, 05:12 PM
And it's yellow!

Just the name. I kind of wish they made the whole text yellow :3

Mage till the end
10-10-2012, 07:02 PM
._. Some people need to be greatful for what they have and stop nagging

Mothwing
10-10-2012, 10:58 PM
._. Some people need to be greatful for what they have and stop nagging

Who said I wasn't grateful? I can't have wishes and ideas of my own?