PDA

View Full Version : new way to farm gold

AbsolutePally
10-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Daily rewards!!! If you have for example 100 toons, thats 100k a day! Every five days at least half a mil. Yes it takes time but it's guaranteed unlike drops.
Ntm plat ! 500 plat to make 100 toons isn't bad to make 100k a day lol

Good or bad for the ecomony???

Kaytar
10-08-2012, 10:40 PM
I couldn't imagine going through 100 characters. The 100th one will probably get the reward a few days after the 1st character just because it would take so long! I can't even keep up with 10

LwMark
10-08-2012, 10:45 PM
I couldn't imagine going through 100 characters. The 100th one will probably get the reward a few days after the 1st character just because it would take so long! I can't even keep up with 10

Ikr i stopped doin them actually lol

But ye just get 500 plat and get 100 slots an you be straight, theres no more reason to hear "im poz givz me muniz plzz"

Otukura
10-08-2012, 10:46 PM
ur officially late by about... since it came out

cookiez
10-08-2012, 10:57 PM
100 chars would take you like 1 hour to do!

Not worth it

AbsolutePally
10-08-2012, 11:14 PM
1 hr 100k. Guaranteed. No pots needed no every one got a pink but me etc

I'm going to time it and see. Ill do 10 chars sample, and times that by 10 and then factor in scrolling down.

Htiek
10-09-2012, 12:19 AM
I spent 1k plats for 200 toons, takes 2-3 hours grab blessing lol
Guarantee 200k per day and come with 10k inventory slots & 200 auction slots
After 2 weeks running, got 3 emote shield vanity,3m & 450 plats

nmyxspaceship
10-09-2012, 12:24 AM
Eh I'm thinking about it. I mean, it's pretty much guaranteed.

Spectre
10-09-2012, 01:08 AM
So its 3.1 mill per month, 36.5 mill per year O.o
Not bad :D

LwMark
10-09-2012, 01:08 AM
Whats max chatacters i can buy?

Patricks
10-09-2012, 01:47 AM

Dont u have to level all 200 alts to lvl 4 to extract the gold?

Sounds like youll make a fortune in plat tho lol.

I dont think i could do 2-3 hrs per day in the same 5hr window, 5days in a row consistently to get the plat tho.

Cobraguy
10-09-2012, 02:06 AM
I see a potential Blessing nerf in the foreseeable future.....Lets say a limited number of toons able to claim them. This seems like it could get out of hand.

With an initial investment of 1000 plat, a previous poster has already earned back almost half of that. Couple more weeks and he breaks even. At that rate he wont really have to ever buy plat again.....

LwMark
10-09-2012, 02:07 AM

Dont u have to level all 200 alts to lvl 4 to extract the gold?

Sounds like youll make a fortune in plat tho lol.

I dont think i could do 2-3 hrs per day in the same 5hr window, 5days in a row consistently to get the plat tho.
Worth the shot

Taaralatie
10-09-2012, 02:11 AM
I have 40 toons..I have yet to collect rewards on all of them because I keep forgetting to bless them in time....despite setting 2 alarms. This time though....

Cobraguy
10-09-2012, 02:11 AM
Just seems like a way to cheat to me....

ethan123
10-09-2012, 03:41 AM
I personally have 14 toons, since the release of the blessing, I have made about 300k in gold, 120 plat, and got all 4 emote shields, I am not poor by any means in game, however I still like to get my blessing on each toon due to the fact it's free money, you personally wouldn't turn down few 100k in game so why would you if it's done in 1k's a day, even with one toon eventually you will be able to get "unlimited plat/money" due to the fact plat rewards are not over rare, I have got the 10 and 30 plat several times, if you get the 30 plat reward once that is an additional 6 characters within a normal 30 day month, you would have gained a minimum of 180k, plus additional plat most likely to be able to purchase more toons, and you will never have to buy a single plat from the moment you start playing. Personally I think they will continue the daily blessings, but will either lower the "drop" rate of plat or limit your blessing to one toon per account.

LwMark
10-09-2012, 03:45 AM
blessing drop rates? im guna start wearing bigger luck on all my toons like skeletonlord did

ethan123
10-09-2012, 03:59 AM
It's not actually a "drop rate" as such, but the word is wearing the bigger luck increases the "drop rate" of better loot throughout game including the blessing. Personally I am not too sure if this is true or not. I think it's mainly hear-say, but could be wrong.

vampinoy
10-09-2012, 04:21 AM
They broke their own game LOL!!!

Htiek
10-09-2012, 04:21 AM
@ethan123
u have better luck than me, 14 toons got 4 shields, i am 200 toons only 3 shields....

PS. with 200 toons, u can store 2000m in it, no more complain about the gold cap

LwMark
10-09-2012, 04:36 AM
It's not actually a "drop rate" as such, but the word is wearing the bigger luck increases the "drop rate" of better loot throughout game including the blessing. Personally I am not too sure if this is true or not. I think it's mainly hear-say, but could be wrong.

i was jkin

McBain
10-09-2012, 04:39 AM
i am 200 toons only 3 shields....

200 toons???

Ortalan
10-09-2012, 04:42 AM
Ummm, I don't get it. Are people really spending more time keeping up on and cashing in blessings than they are fighting monsters? STS would be smart to take whatever measures are necessary to make playing the game more profitable than cashing in blessings, if you ask me. Fortunes accumulated without having to so much as THINK about a dungeon are about the hollowest sort of success I can imagine.

LwMark
10-09-2012, 04:49 AM
Ummm, I don't get it. Are people really spending more time keeping up on and cashing in blessings than they are fighting monsters? STS would be smart to take whatever measures are necessary to make playing the game more profitable than cashing in blessings, if you ask me. Fortunes accumulated without having to so much as THINK about a dungeon are about the hollowest sort of success I can imagine.

many people do it an will continue, me myself like gold and free stuff like plat an vanities, buy i cant even keep up with 20 toons lol so good luck to whoever can do 5-1000 toons a day but idk this is a iffy one

Cobraguy
10-09-2012, 05:14 AM
I don't want any pixels I didn't earn actually playing. I have 6 toons, that's more than enough for me to keep up with.

Mark my words, this blessing system will be nerfed and controlled somehow. Maybe make it to where only 10 toons on one account are eligible for a blessing? If you want to make multiple accounts with 10 toons each that are able to receive blessings, well guess what, plat and vanity shields aren't trade-able to your main account, so whats the point?

ethan123
10-09-2012, 05:34 AM
I log on before work to get my blessing, go to work, come home, and play for a while, each of my toons are used and are "geared up" I do not level those toons only pvp, I for one would still log in daily and spend 10 minuets getting my blessing if I was not to play for that day, I would make time to earn the few k from my toons as it's free money.

Apasara
10-09-2012, 06:28 AM
In a way it is kind of cheating, but in a way.. If you have lots of toons and you are having to go through each one to get a daily bless, which takes ages, you are kind of working for it too. Especially 200.. Very time consuming.

Rare
10-09-2012, 08:46 AM
Daily rewards!!! If you have for example 100 toons, thats 100k a day! Every five days at least half a mil. Yes it takes time but it's guaranteed unlike drops.
Ntm plat ! 500 plat to make 100 toons isn't bad to make 100k a day lol

I can't imagine how long it takes to collect rewards from 100 toons.

Taaralatie
10-09-2012, 09:02 AM
Just seems like a way to cheat to me....

It's not cheating. STS are fully aware people have multiple toons on one account. They wouldn't let us buy extra slots if not. It is certainly time consuming keeping up with them and getting the blessings, gold, platinum etc. Cheating it is not. Going to change the game economy? I think so. Bad thing? Jury is out on that.

CrimsonTider
10-09-2012, 09:02 AM
This WAS a smart way to earn free plat and make some easy gold. Here comes the nerf gun...

Elyseon
10-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Takes me 15 minutes for 43 chars, I'm too lazy to do it anymore

razerfingers
10-09-2012, 09:24 AM
Psh, all you that mentioned the nerf. Watch just cause you're jealous of hteik hes gonna get a blessing nerf and be all burnt haha then you're gonna wish they didnt nert the blessings!

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Elyseon
10-09-2012, 09:29 AM
Lol I made 128 plat on day 5
Maybe for plat they could add in a button to get daily blessings for all your chars like 5 plat per char
Would save so much time
Tbh I only really care about the shields, well also I want a 3x on my main first day of next cap

Suentous PO
10-09-2012, 09:37 AM
I wonder if these increased drop rates of the some of the rarest items in the game IS sts way of being a gold sink?
Glyph, recipes, dragon (?)
The gold isn't devalued but these over goldcap items become available. It's not taking out gold tho, I know. Time for some new vanities that can only be bought with gold.

StompArtist
10-09-2012, 09:40 AM
I wonder if these increased drop rates of the some of the rarest items in the game IS sts way of being a gold sink?
Glyph, recipes, dragon (?)
The gold isn't devalued but these over goldcap items become available. It's not taking out gold tho, I know. Time for some new vanities that can only be bought with gold.

Or ban all the rich players!

Suentous PO
10-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Occupy Alterra? O.o

Yich
10-09-2012, 11:33 AM

Ya! 30m is poor right?

Superduper
10-09-2012, 11:41 AM
1 tril is poor right? I have 2000 toons...

Kaytar
10-09-2012, 12:31 PM

Ikr i stopped doin them actually lol

But ye just get 500 plat and get 100 slots an you be straight, theres no more reason to hear "im poz givz me muniz plzz"Me either haha stopped doing them all together. Kept getting knocked back to day 1

Sciazaratek
10-09-2012, 01:08 PM
OR just create alt. E-Mails , with those 10 starter plat buy 2 more toons . Also instead of buying gold with the 5th day plat , buy more toons.

I personally have 10 alt emails with total 41 toons (one of them is called Greedyscia lol) now , it "only" takes me 10 minutes to collect , but pshhh i told too much.

Bunnyshoota
10-09-2012, 07:56 PM
STS is probably nerfing blessings as we speak.

Yes, it is time consuming and boring but well worth it for multiple reasons:

1. Effort is still less than farming
2. Just initial 5 plat investment/char; none spent on elixirs/revives when farming
3. Guaranteed daily if you come back on time
4. Each char also provides storage space and auction slots
5. Platinum is quickly returned

-BS

santa
10-09-2012, 10:33 PM
I'm tempted to try this but I think STS will change it before I could make my plat back...

santa
10-09-2012, 11:20 PM
Yeah. But don't feel bad, without this thread you wouldn't have had that idea in the first place, but now with the thread its probably gonna get nerfed.

I actually thought of doing this with multiple accounts but it wasn't worth the effort at all, it never occoured to use different toons though :L oh well it's kind of cheating in my opinion anyway.

Ruby!!!
10-10-2012, 02:55 AM
Activating the blessing on each toon isn't that bad imo, but running to stash with each one to collect the gold is a pain ... Still worth it...

Shyperskel
10-10-2012, 04:00 AM
its not a bad idea, but you have to spend $50 on it :/
although it may be worth making 100k per day, would it be worth spending $50 when you can just merch??

Cobraguy
10-10-2012, 06:42 AM
I don't think this little exploit has as much to do with the gold as it does the amount of platinum that could potentially be leeched from this. I had my day 5 today and from 6 toons I received a total of 45 plat and another angry face shield. This is only on 6 toons, not 100 or more. With 100-200 toons the amount of platinum gained vastly outweighs the amount spent to make them. I would put money on the fact that this thread alone will get blessings nerfed, and in my opinion, it should be.

This is the exact same thing as leeching for xp in a dungeon, or standing in Balefort spamming "Help me, I was hacked, they took everything, pls pls gimme gold and items pls pls pls".

The above mentioned things also take a persons time to complete, but the vast majority of PL looks down on this type of behavior. It's a cheat, plain and simple. I never understood the concept of cheating or begging for items and currency in a game, makes absolutely no sense to me. Go play and earn something, in fact, it may teach you a little something about real life as funny as that may sound.

Gragorak
10-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Damn this thread! I was doing this (but with only 10 toons) since 3 days after blessings came. I don't get much gold or platinum, but it takes only few mins per day. Now, because of this thread sts will nerf blessings somehow. :hopelessness:

Spectre
10-10-2012, 07:48 AM
I think i gonna make 100 accounts, since i don't have enough platinum to buy slots. :D Jk

Rare
10-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Max platinum should probably be around 5 plat. And should be very rare.

In dark legends it isn't as much of a problem because it costs 50 plat to create new toons. Since plat is not transferable, there isn't much incentive to create a ton of separate accounts.

Xettacross
10-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Pl isn't sts's only game though so giving away plat in one game to me doesn't look like it matters much. It's not like sts is losing money over this cause people still buy plat in sl and dl. Plus al is coming soon. I don't think the blessing system will be in al. I'm pretty sure people are gonna buy more plat in al when it comes out so like I said, sts isn't losing money over this. I don't think the blessings should be nerfed. Not everyone in pl has 30m.

santa
10-11-2012, 04:38 AM
Pl isn't sts's only game though so giving away plat in one game to me doesn't look like it matters much. It's not like sts is losing money over this cause people still buy plat in sl and dl. Plus al is coming soon. I don't think the blessing system will be in al. I'm pretty sure people are gonna buy more plat in al when it comes out so like I said, sts isn't losing money over this. I don't think the blessings should be nerfed. Not everyone in pl has 30m.

I'm pretty sure that STS wants to make profit off of something that they have made, the more money the better for them and us. Pocket Legends gets better because they work on it and they work on it because Pocket Legends makes them money.

santa
10-11-2012, 05:03 AM
Also a potential fix that doesn't ruin the whole system would be to limit the amount of plat you can get. Only the first toon that receives the blessing has a chance to get it. As for the gold, if someone has 200 toons and has the time and effort to go through and get blessings everyday and then walk to the stash to stash it (on every toon) then they probably deserve the money for all the time they spent...

vampinoy
10-11-2012, 05:13 AM

Thank God you don't work for Anet, Blizzard, Bioware, Trion, etc. whew all my games are safe :D I see these "Blessings" in Java games or Mini Flash games all the time...you know, those "cheap" games :D *looking from the outside watching the game implode*

Cobraguy
10-11-2012, 06:24 AM
As for the gold, if someone has 200 toons and has the time and effort to go through and get blessings everyday and then walk to the stash to stash it (on every toon) then they probably deserve the money for all the time they spent...

You must give millions of gold every week to beggars in Balefort....

Just because someone is pathetic enough to stand there and beg doesn't mean they deserve free gold for their time standing there annoying other players.....

Spectre
10-11-2012, 06:44 AM
OR just create alt. E-Mails , with those 10 starter plat buy 2 more toons . Also instead of buying gold with the 5th day plat , buy more toons.

I personally have 10 alt emails with total 41 toons (one of them is called Greedyscia lol) now , it "only" takes me 10 minutes to collect , but pshhh i told too much.

You are genius!

Riccits
10-11-2012, 08:05 AM

further or sooner valuable items wont be sold in AH anymore bcz 9.9mil would be to low

santa
10-11-2012, 08:35 PM
You must give millions of gold every week to beggars in Balefort....

Just because someone is pathetic enough to stand there and beg doesn't mean they deserve free gold for their time standing there annoying other players.....

I don't see the relevance of someone begging and annoying people compared to collecting blessings on your own for hours on end...

Fastcast
10-11-2012, 09:08 PM
This is crazy lol

Heroelite
10-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Maybe STS put these daily blessings up as a test. To see if their profits were affected and whether or not it should be added to AL.

Mothwing
10-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Watch them take away the 1k.

Ill be lol'ing like crazy.

Fastcast
10-11-2012, 11:01 PM
Im assuming they would fix

Cobraguy
10-11-2012, 11:38 PM
I don't see the relevance of someone begging and annoying people compared to collecting blessings on your own for hours on end...

Because the beggars use their time and energy doing basically the same thing, getting something for nothing.....

Makes no sense to me, its a game....its meant be played, not begged and cheated....

santa
10-12-2012, 04:52 AM
Because the beggars use their time and energy doing basically the same thing, getting something for nothing.....

Makes no sense to me, its a game....its meant be played, not begged and cheated....

They spend time and effort, that's the same things you spend when running levels to get gold and items is it not?

Cobraguy
10-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Anyone wanting to support begging and cheating, have at it....

I for one will not add any toons to my inventory for the purpose of exploiting something that STS hooked us up with so nicely. I'll take my rewards on my 6 toons and appreciate them. I don't see the fun in being a pathetic leech.

Exiledz
10-12-2012, 06:54 PM
It personally doesnt seem worth the effort with that many hours a day everyday. Although in the long run you will benefit platinum and gold, which isn't too bad :p.