PDA

View Full Version : Which Fire Forest Elite Weapon to get???

Energizeric
10-10-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm a dual spec bear, and I use both melee weapons and bows, depending on the situation, so I'm having trouble deciding which weapon to get, the axe or the bow? So I have a couple of questions that maybe those who have gotten one of these elite weapons (or both) can answer...

1) Does the elite bow have a short range like the forgotten bows, or does it shoot longer range like a Beach Bum Bow or Glyph Xbow??

2) Perhaps some dual spec (dex/str) bears can chime in on which weapon they got, and why, and if they are happy with their choice.

My general thoughts are that the bow looks nicer and matches better with dragon sets (I have a green dragon vanity set). But maybe the axe is the better weapon for a bear....IDK. I also have the black dragon STR set, and have been wondering if after the cap raise if perhaps the axe along with the black dragon STR armor and helm may get a set bonus, kind of like the way the humania elites got set bonuses with the corresponding lvl70 crafted armor & helm.

cookiez
10-10-2012, 04:22 PM
I'd suggest the bow (I've always liked them and the proc IS DOPE!!!!)
And all Xbows have a longer range than long bows (I.e. glyph bow has longer range than sk bow)

Reunegade
10-10-2012, 04:25 PM
I like the axe proc, but the bow proc is still pretty beast...one way is to hack your account to get both :)

Bebsi
10-10-2012, 06:13 PM
For a dual spec bear u should get both xD

Ogbuehi
10-10-2012, 06:17 PM
I'm a dual spec bear and I got the axe. I got the axe because i thought it was 1-handed. I have no idea what the proc for the axe does but it's not noticeable at all. I also didn't know that the axe was 2-handed so I lost my shield and stats went way down. I should've gotten the bow because if I at least if I was going to lose my shield, I would be getting a way cooler proc. Now I don't even use it any more because the stats with my blue star Humania sets are way better. I wish I could sell it.

Entertaining
10-10-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm a dual spec bear and I got the axe. I got the axe because i thought it was 1-handed. I have no idea what the proc for the axe does but it's not noticeable at all. I also didn't know that the axe was 2-handed so I lost my shield and stats went way down. I should've gotten the bow because if I at least if I was going to lose my shield, I would be getting a way cooler proc. Now I don't even use it any more because the stats with my blue star Humania sets are way better. I wish I could sell it.
The axe randomly gives you a shield. The shield supposedly gives insane armor. I personally don't know the exact amount it gives. And btw, the proc is definetly noticeable...A huge bubble forms around you.

Suentous PO
10-10-2012, 06:37 PM
.one way is to hack your account to get both :)
DERP!
-.-
As to the question if either is going to completet a set bonus don't count on it. Prolly nothing will ever make a set w/black dragon stuff, and if was going to make a set w/crafted humania, I bet it would have already.
I thought it should also make a set with something but it's a bit late on that one.

Fusionstrike
10-10-2012, 09:23 PM
The axe randomly gives you a shield. The shield supposedly gives insane armor. I personally don't know the exact amount it gives. And btw, the proc is definetly noticeable...A huge bubble forms around you.

Here's the rundown on the axe proc:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?70242-elite-fire-axe-proc-stats&highlight=elite+fire

Ogbuehi
10-11-2012, 01:17 PM

Like I said. I almost never even notice it. I've had to use potions to keep myself from getting waxed even when the shield is up. And just to clear my post up, I was referring to the actual effects rather than the visual although compared to the bow proc, the axe is fairly unimpressive. It's similar to the shield generated by the monster mash boss.

Bebsi
10-15-2012, 04:38 PM
Let's face it.
All 3 weapons are pretty useless in comparison to the set bonus stats ^_^

ely
10-15-2012, 04:40 PM
Get the talon

Energizeric
10-16-2012, 04:16 PM
I ended up getting the axe. It's pretty cool. skill damage with the axe and black dragon str helm & armor is unreal.

slaveleia
10-16-2012, 05:17 PM
My main is a Mage so I was happy to pick the staff, an easy choice & I like the proc a lot. When it came down to choosing between the bow & axe it was more difficult like you said. The Axe just looks so good with the flames engulfing the blade...I think it's the best looking of the three without taking procs in consideration. Many were disappointed with it after choosing it but it does a lot of damage. It reminds me of the Sand Walker scimitar, I remember everyone was blown away by how it looked (saying it was the most amazing looking weapon in the game) but what shocked me more was that nobody was using it after a short while. The dream crusher of emotion just made it extinct!
I wound up picking the bow as my second weapon because of the wicked proc of the lava pit. I think they need to fix the axe shield proc because it almost never comes out & it doesn't last very long. I wish I knew when the cap was coming so I could try to get all three but it would hurt so much running the fire forest again!! XD