PDA

View Full Version : Kraken bow is actually worse than daggs

Encryptions
09-23-2023, 05:35 PM
I was bored and did some tests on rahabkor. The kraken bow combined with kraken armor does less damage than daggs with kraken armor on a boss. I used a zaarus set 26k fixed damage nothing else procs just wep and vest. Dagg output was 1.8mil a tick and bow proc was 1.3mil per tick. Bow is supposed to be a boss weapon but is outclassed by the dagg.

Cliva
09-23-2023, 05:43 PM
I was bored and did some tests on rahabkor. The kraken bow combined with kraken armor does less damage than daggs with kraken armor on a boss. I used a zaarus set 26k fixed damage nothing else procs just wep and vest. Dagg output was 1.8mil a tick and bow proc was 1.3mil per tick. Bow is supposed to be a boss weapon but is outclassed by the dagg.Thought I was the only one noticing. When hedo was open with bow I've been dealing 2m-2.5m per tick whilst with daggers, I'm doing 2.5m-3m.
Almost made me wanna use daggers on bosses if only it has a on-the-spot guaranteed proc.

Sent from my RMX2040 using Tapatalk

Encryptions
09-23-2023, 05:50 PM
Its not making sense here, the daggers aoe proc does more damage than the bows dot proc yet bow gives more damage than dagg with belt + vest equipped.
I removed damage elixirs to get a 15.8k base dmg no krak arti equipped.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230923/93408a571540893185c30f2f29f36630.jpg

xbell
09-23-2023, 07:06 PM
Atleast not worse than kraken sword

Sent from my V2134 using Tapatalk

Encryptions
09-23-2023, 10:06 PM
Atleast not worse than kraken sword

Sent from my V2134 using TapatalkNever tested sword tbh but if sword is worse than aegis dmg wise than it is a bug imo.

Xyv.io
09-24-2023, 06:38 AM
I was bored and did some tests on rahabkor. The kraken bow combined with kraken armor does less damage than daggs with kraken armor on a boss. I used a zaarus set 26k fixed damage nothing else procs just wep and vest. Dagg output was 1.8mil a tick and bow proc was 1.3mil per tick. Bow is supposed to be a boss weapon but is outclassed by the dagg.
Pretty sure bow ticks are faster than daggs, I can't do phase 1 elite rahab with daggs (-45%hp) but with bow it's always guaranteed (-55%hp). I swap to max dmg set after the procs. But yea the tick damage is higher on daggs' proc

Encryptions
09-24-2023, 06:42 AM
Pretty sure bow ticks are faster than daggs, I can't do phase 1 elite rahab with daggs (-45%hp) but with bow it's always guaranteed (-55%hp). I swap to max dmg set after the procs. But yea the tick damage is higher on daggs' procDaggs I do 80-100% on phase 1 with 0 pet aa in around 8 seconds or so if I stay and attack, daggs have a faster tick rate of dmg than bow. Not sure why you get different results tbh.
Bow is around 18 ticks daggs is 20 I get alot less damage with bow than daggs on e rahab.

Kinggg
09-24-2023, 10:50 AM
+1
Free bump

snakeeyes
09-24-2023, 11:40 AM
i test it too yes bro the dag dot damage is stronger compared to bow dot damage, the only good thing about the bow is that we can focus on combining the krak arm with the weapon, many times the game is updated without telling what the update is for , maybe the bow is nerfed by dev secretly, hope dev explain this @Cinco

Switchback
09-24-2023, 11:51 AM
Redacted because there is no point.

Encryptions
09-24-2023, 03:32 PM
I am not sure why this was moved to general discussion. Something is clearly bugged with the proc dot damage.

Cinco
09-24-2023, 03:37 PM
MS notwithstanding ranged weapons provide a defensive advantage that must be balanced against damage output.

Proximity increases risk to taking damage. Distance mitigates that risk.

Weapon performance comparisons are a fine discussion to have; but this very obviously not a “bug.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Encryptions
09-24-2023, 03:44 PM
Alright though I don't think anyone uses the bow for distance defence tbh also considering daggs give dmg reduction. I may be wrong but my view point is since bow can only target 3 enemies and is direct damage I expected it to deal more dmg directly to stuff than daggs. Procing vest daggs belt arti gets my damage to like 220k while with bow its 256k.

What I also find odd is people say they can't 50% rahab hp with daggs but they can with bow. Does the bow have more ticks than daggs? If so whats the dmg ticks per wep I can't count due to too many numbers at once pop up.

Would be cool to have a boss that has a big attack radious that if a player stands in it they take damage and get stunned similar to ekentas mechanics but alot harder so we are forced to use bow and gun, warriors sword will be weak so give their juggernaut skill the ability to resist that stun.

Encryptions
09-24-2023, 04:05 PM
Wait, if its distance proc how come we have this.
Sword does more damage than aegis.
Gun does more damage than staff.

Cinco
09-24-2023, 04:16 PM

Distance proc?

If you mean to ask about the relationship of damage, mobility and targeting to fundamental weapon game balance consider:

Staff hits multiple targets in exchange for (individual target) damage you typically get from the gun.

Shield weapons typically provide more defense in favor of less damage.

It’s not all uniform - which adds to the fun imo. But it’s basically this sort of deal.

Cinco
09-24-2023, 04:19 PM

And also consider intermediate ranges and the new vectors provided by chakram, orbs and chain swords. It all varies in terms of the classes basic roles but can nevertheless be represented by a matrix (which you should easily be able to map out if you wished).

Encryptions
09-24-2023, 04:19 PM
Staff hits multiple targets in exchange for (individual target) damage you typically get from the gun.

Daggs hit multiple targets too, not as big of a radius as staff but it does its job.

Cinco
09-24-2023, 04:26 PM
Daggs hit multiple targets too, not as big of a radius as staff but it does its job.

Radius / target distance and max target count have a significant effect on balance.

Cinco
09-24-2023, 04:31 PM
I can see nerfing the daggers vs boss monsters - so I’m open to considering that. Would affect aegis and staff too (if we commit to it).

Encryptions
09-24-2023, 04:32 PM
Ty for the answers, was just puzzled on how an aoe dagg that hits multiple mobs for high dmg does more dmg than a bow that is ment to be used on single targets.

Encryptions
09-24-2023, 04:35 PM
I can see nerfing the daggers vs boss monsters - so I’m open to considering that. Would affect aegis and staff too (if we commit to it).

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNo need to nerf anything, that would just require people to need both krakens to be useful making the game harder for those who can't afford both weps and vest.

Adf
09-24-2023, 05:14 PM
Nerf nerf nerf, secret nerf, bow weaker than daggs, nerf gold, buff boss etc etc why game change day by day? We can t get a simple map with a weapon that deal 10 damage to a boss, and get some gold from it? Why every month we get weapon changes, map changes. You test all of this before release the stuff? An example would be the new portal boss in new map, first time he was weaker, next time you buff it. And in this way you create a big gap between the new players and the old players, so this new aren t able play the game, only few years after. Those who old they get stronger, because map change as they grow, gold change as they grow and rest count their deaths in the new maps. Releasing the new gears of course would be like a new begining for all of us, so no matter you have now 3k dex, because it will be useless in the new maps, even if now he can clear the new map/boss.

Cinco
09-24-2023, 05:52 PM
Nerf nerf nerf, secret nerf, bow weaker than daggs, nerf gold, buff boss etc etc why game change day by day? We can t get a simple map with a weapon that deal 10 damage to a boss, and get some gold from it? Why every month we get weapon changes, map changes. You test all of this before release the stuff? An example would be the new portal boss in new map, first time he was weaker, next time you buff it. And in this way you create a big gap between the new players and the old players, so this new aren t able play the game, only few years after. Those who old they get stronger, because map change as they grow, gold change as they grow and rest count their deaths in the new maps. Releasing the new gears of course would be like a new begining for all of us, so no matter you have now 3k dex, because it will be useless in the new maps, even if now he can clear the new map/boss.

Not exactly sure what you’re ranting about but it sounds like you would advocate me looking into a nerf of the Kraken gear - so I will.

Best wishes!