PDA

View Full Version : Elixir Glow Necessary?

McBain
10-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but it seems perhaps a tad unnecessary at this point to have the beam of light shooting off your toon when you have an elixir. Now that virtually everyone is constantly on some sort of elixir from the daily blessing, when you're going through a busy location like Balefort often the whole screen is aglow from all the light beams. Just a suggestion.

Nihiliste
10-11-2012, 04:44 PM
It makes me look extra shiny...

Mothwing
10-11-2012, 04:48 PM
I brought this up a while ago when it was first added. But like you said, now that the DB's were added, I think it's appropriate to being it up again

I 100% agree. It's annoying, not useful, and most of all not needed. Why do I need to know if somebody has an elixir? So we can see it in a run? Just look at the little symbol next to their name.

I just cant see the reason behind this. No matter which way I look at it, I can't find a pro for the glows.

Elyseon
10-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Whoooaaaaa! No hatin on heavens beam of light on me

U guys just jelly of all my majesty and stuff

I am alterras beacon of light

OvigorothO
10-11-2012, 06:04 PM
I miss always confusing level ups with elixer ups :(

Fao
10-11-2012, 06:07 PM
I agree, 100%! These beams of lights are really annoying, in all games included! I see no point now that pretty much everyone has one on, like said above! Hope Devs looks into a disable button for this!!

xbabybugszx
10-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Lol' yall dont care is its annoying or not, yall just mad when it happens in pvp. You will get rushed if your "glowing" because of the elix. No one wants an elixer junkie in pvp games, yall just try to use it to feel "cool". Case closed

angeldawn
10-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Whoooaaaaa! No hatin on heavens beam of light on me

U guys just jelly of all my majesty and stuff

I am alterras beacon of light

And u just jelly your light isn't as bright as mine ;p

I love beam ..... Leave it as is ;)

Daueden
10-12-2012, 11:52 PM
It makes my eyes shine brighter than the sun

Swords
10-13-2012, 08:22 PM
makes u extra shiny,
makes u feel good

Daueden
10-14-2012, 08:49 PM
I'm trying to max out my SP I think I'm getting close the
golden light fromthe arch-god helps alot

DataPunk
10-15-2012, 02:36 AM
I agree with the original poster, to bad every other poster feels the need to go completly offtopic.

McBain
10-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Lol' yall dont care is its annoying or not, yall just mad when it happens in pvp. You will get rushed if your "glowing" because of the elix. No one wants an elixer junkie in pvp games, yall just try to use it to feel "cool". Case closed

Not sure what you're talking about, but I don't PVP, so that has nothing to do with it.

Jhood5
10-24-2012, 07:36 AM
I'm using the new ipad and even during runs if you're looking forward with people behind you the light lag gets to be quite troublesome. I have died at feast a few times related to this issue when I'm the only Mage. Basically forces me to spend 1 plat every time or I miss drop.
Would be nice to have its effect on performance handled. Thank you for your consideration!

GoodSyntax
10-24-2012, 09:43 AM
it seems perhaps a tad unnecessary at this point to have the beam of light shooting off your toon when you have an elixir.

Far better than laser beams attached to your head :-)

Energizeric
10-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Perhaps a good idea is to only have the glow is you have some kind of combo elixir.

connerlee12
10-24-2012, 12:30 PM
STS wants to make every1 who spends $$ on this game feel superior
duh

McBain
10-24-2012, 01:23 PM
Well, how about only having the glow if you purchase a plat elixir then?

Elyseon
10-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Actually it also can help you find people farther ahead in the map

Dynastu
10-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Lol I agree with the OP, it's so annoying when someone right behind you has an elixir and their beam of light is making your whole screen glow.

Elyseon
10-24-2012, 09:46 PM
Lol I agree with the OP, it's so annoying when someone right behind you has an elixir and their beam of light is making your whole screen glow.

wear sunglasses?

on topic: idc that much about this but theres so many actually important things that need fixed first

Thelastblink
10-26-2012, 03:39 PM
I think its customer loyalty! Buy our products for a shiny you!

drewcapu
10-26-2012, 03:57 PM

That's what the horizon blips are for.

Personally, I'd be happy with an option to turn the beams off.

What would actually be useful to me is if the player select screens showed which elixirs a toon had (using the elixir icons, of course) so that I can quickly see who has combos as I tap each toon. It used to be useful to "hear" that a toon had an elixir, but now that is pretty useless most every toon is on an elixir of some kind.

McBain
10-26-2012, 07:37 PM
I think its customer loyalty! Buy our products for a shiny you!

Obviously that was the case before, but now that everyone has them all the time for free because of the daily blessings, it defeats that purpose. It's just a suggestion, and is only really apparent in crowded areas like Balefort. Could make the game slightly zippier because that extra graphics rendering probably adds a bit of lag depending on the device.

Elyseon
10-26-2012, 08:29 PM

That's what the horizon blips are for.

Personally, I'd be happy with an option to turn the beams off.

What would actually be useful to me is if the player select screens showed which elixirs a toon had (using the elixir icons, of course) so that I can quickly see who has combos as I tap each toon. It used to be useful to "hear" that a toon had an elixir, but now that is pretty useless most every toon is on an elixir of some kind.
Some people too nub to see those
Others dont know they exist
I suggested some other options earlier, sadly i was infractionated for my creativity

asashaol
10-31-2012, 11:11 AM
Not sure what you're talking about, but I don't PVP, so that has nothing to do with it.
he means that , u can accept your daily blessing when in a pvp dungeon , and u have elixer , so its an unfair advatage over the opponent, ,so the beam of light lets ppl know who ever has it , in plain its considered cheating to lots of ppl

asashaol
10-31-2012, 11:13 AM
y not swap the beam of light with a kind of light sparkle kinda like what u get with a set bonus , then again everyone wud sparkle but there cud be some sort of sparkle maybe on the head or someting

Yich
10-31-2012, 11:16 AM
infractionated

Thats a good one.

Elyseon
10-31-2012, 11:30 AM
Thats a good one.