PDA

View Full Version : Xcom: Enemy Unknown has returned!

Deathpunch
10-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Yay! I'm so stoked! I want to go out and buy this right now! Man, I've loved and played the original before a fair few of these forumers were born. Anyone else an Xcom fan?

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

BodMaster
10-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Same bro! Seen it on MMORPG.com advertisement!

Mainly, fan of the PS versions! (One being the best, other was underwater I think)

Damn aliens always making me go into the spaceship before I could clear a map, the weapons were awesome and the way you could spend on resources to look into new tech. Pet hate was the inventory but made you think what you should be taking on the mission/ what the team should carry etc.

Also just remembered, you had to shoot down the ship, before you could go and investigate xD

Deathpunch
10-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Yep! Just played the ps3 demo. I loves it!

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

BodMaster
10-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Hmm, not 3rd person shooter? Can't tell by the SS's I was looking at.

Deathpunch
10-12-2012, 05:12 AM
Turn-based strategy. As it was in the beginning, it shall always be. :D

-----
*insert witty tapatalk sig here*

Astrocat
10-12-2012, 05:20 AM
I looked videos of it, and was like woaaah, but when I realised it was strategy based I was like Nawwww

Deathpunch
10-12-2012, 06:54 AM
I have a feeling many of the younger people around here would have trouble with the punishing, and sometimes cheap, difficulty of the original. Nothing like just landing at a crashed UFO only to have your blaster bomb trooper get mind controlled on turn one and destroy hours of work with a single pull of the trigger in the skyranger.

-----

BodMaster
10-12-2012, 11:08 AM
I have a feeling many of the younger people around here would have trouble with the punishing, and sometimes cheap, difficulty of the original. Nothing like just landing at a crashed UFO only to have your blaster bomb trooper get mind controlled on turn one and destroy hours of work with a single pull of the trigger in the skyranger.

-----

How could I have forgotten that! Lmao

I'm a massive C&C 'geek' too ;) (Again back on PS days, used to get to tele's 2 playstations back to back haha 2 player for the win xD)

Glad it's still turn style, I'd cry if they changed it the SS I seen looked sort of ME type. Will have to see some trailers and then get the game.