PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in a series of unfortunate events

Demonicdevyn
09-06-2010, 02:20 AM
Hsjdjdjdjdjxjxjcnndjd

Lol u like title catch ur eye

Any ways I'm stuck and don't know wars better I get so many answers it's so hard to compar so let's let u guys decide

Wats better

damage vs dps

basically in my case

Axe vs sword

let's have u vote

and tell me why u think it's better

and if things go slow let's bump it up

jonboy
09-06-2010, 02:27 AM
There was a big thread, somewhere that discusses this, Royce made a big post with regard dps, damage with respect to armor and dodge if the mob being attacked, I'll try to find the post, hopefully someone else knows it, as I'm about to search posts by Royce, which is a big task.

Edit: found it.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?5083-Why-a-Bow-over-Crossbow

Furrawn
09-06-2010, 02:40 AM
Jon's right...
And you can't go wrong with one of Royce's posts... He knows his stuff...

jonboy
09-06-2010, 02:43 AM
Yea, If Royce doesn't know it, it ain't worth knowing.

Furrawn
09-06-2010, 02:45 AM
Yea, If Royce doesn't know it, it ain't worth knowing.

Amen

10 characters

LIGHTNINGLORD67
09-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Hahaha lol!

Anyway, Weapons that do higher damage on broken armor are better than the weapons that do lower damage but are fast, unless your hit percent is below 100. If this is true, the rules change...

kavanah
09-06-2010, 12:43 PM
I don't see why people say dps > damage. That makes no sense being damage and speed are the factor of producing DPS (damage per second). If somthing has 20 damage and a speed of .5 it's going to have a higher dps than something that has 30 damage and 1.0 speed. However, something that has 50 damage and 1.0 speed will produce a higher dps than something that has 20 damage and a speed of .5

Hope that makes sense... I would say that the only thing you need to compare is whether or not it breaks armor. The factor is always that the higher dps item will bring out more damage, unless the lower dps item has a proc like break armor. Then you just have to kind of eyeball it to see which you can get more damage out of.

tjornan
09-06-2010, 01:17 PM
WTF? ROYCE IS STUPID!!!!! (not really. just pissed cuz doc say i have to wear cast for another week.)

Sorry............... Between Royce, Mystic, Banned, and Snakespeare they know all