PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore Toon Revival

|Ares|
10-11-2023, 03:49 PM
Not sure which section to put this thread it but I'm actually curious if this was ever intended.
Playing at your own risk does not necessarily mean to lose permanent character addition obtained throughout the gameplay I believe or at least I thought so?
Why does upon revival the hardcore toon loses the badges (obtained from locked crates or from event tiers) and titles that are from events as well?

I can understand losing those things related to the achievements that everyone have to go through again in order to climb back on the leaderboard but I don't really understand why would a player lose access to event or locked crate obtained
content after death? People spend money to revive the character but why is it stripped down from the permanent (one in a lifetime I would say considering that badges and titles do not repeat over the course of events) features?
It's just like character would lose the top player banners or purchased auras just because it died. Just makes no sense to me.

Apocalyptis
10-11-2023, 04:00 PM
It’s weird and stupid. The lack of support of hc characters feels like they don’t want us to play the hardcore at all. :blue:

intruders
10-11-2023, 04:11 PM
+1
Currently it is not consistent what HC toon keeps upon revival and what they lose.

Banners, gold, tokens, items in inventory - all these are obtained through the game play and kept which is reasonable.

Badges and titles gained in events or from crates should be kept as well as they are the same assets as the things I listed above.

Main problem with the current situation is that someone who didn't die and didn't lose all those badges/titles and related aps can just outlast their competitors on HC lb.

In general, only those things that are obtainable anytime should be stripped off upon revival.

|Ares|
10-11-2023, 04:17 PM
+1
Currently it is not consistent what HC toon keeps upon revival and what they lose.

Banners, gold, tokens, items in inventory - all these are obtained through the game play and kept which is reasonable.

Badges and titles gained in events or from crates should be kept as well as they are the same assets as the things I listed above.

Main problem with the current situation is that someone who didn't die and didn't lose all those badges/titles and related aps can just outlast their competitors on HC lb.

In general, only those things that are obtainable anytime should be stripped off upon revival.

But in regards of outlasting competitors what about top players that happen to die from time to time but STILL have the heroic/arcane pets obtained throughout the content (mostly of course main event - Zavier) that allow them to get the achievements back straight away?
I don't understand how removing the event badges and titles is anywhere near in comparison to that really.

Voorge
10-11-2023, 04:26 PM
+1 losing titles and badges isn’t really encouraging, considering amounts people spend on their HC characters.

Specially when putting it into perspective that developers allow bugs that kill HC toons to exist. I’d be delighted to hear if they did anything about the orrick bug yet:

-since they were so busy with putting the expansion out.

-since it was the holiday season.

-since they had time to implement such irrelevant changes like screen transitions.

intruders
10-11-2023, 05:32 PM
But in regards of outlasting competitors what about top players that happen to die from time to time but STILL have the heroic/arcane pets obtained throughout the content (mostly of course main event - Zavier) that allow them to get the achievements back straight away?
I don't understand how removing the event badges and titles is anywhere near in comparison to that really.
While pets advantage may be unfair for many it is different because you do not lose pets and you can get them every year so eventually you can catch up with the top players.

Event/crates badges/titles on the other hand are unique and cannot be obtained again so if new badge/title aps are introduced and top players keep collecting them then there's no way you can catch up unless they die and lose that advantage.

|Ares|
10-11-2023, 06:01 PM
While pets advantage may be unfair for many it is different because you do not lose pets and you can get them every year so eventually you can catch up with the top players.

Event/crates badges/titles on the other hand are unique and cannot be obtained again so if new badge/title aps are introduced and top players keep collecting them then there's no way you can catch up unless they die and lose that advantage.

There's achievement for 10, 20, 30 etc badges. Also 100 and 150 titles. We're talking about couple badges a year player can get from the events and nice memorable titles from the past, where having those 4 or 5 saved make absolutely no difference.
Do not compare the 100-200 points achievements to 500-1000 points pet ones. There's absolutely no comparison in this case.

intruders
10-11-2023, 06:57 PM
There's achievement for 10, 20, 30 etc badges. Also 100 and 150 titles. We're talking about couple badges a year player can get from the events and nice memorable titles from the past, where having those 4 or 5 saved make absolutely no difference. One can definitely get more than that in a year although it will be costly as most of badges in HC come from crates. But running top hc is expensive anyway 😆
Also if that makes absolutely no difference then why this thread? 🙂

Do not compare the 100-200 points achievements to 500-1000 points pet ones. There's absolutely no comparison in this case.I agree that points difference shouldn't be that huge and I didn't compare these aps from points perspective.
Instead I wanted to point out that the way you get and keep pet aps is different from badge/title aps.

|Ares|
10-11-2023, 07:19 PM
One can definitely get more than that in a year although it will be costly as most of badges in HC come from crates. But running top hc is expensive anyway ��
Also if that makes absolutely no difference then why this thread? ��

I agree that points difference shouldn't be that huge and I didn't compare these aps from points perspective.
Instead I wanted to point out that the way you get and keep pet aps is different from badge/title aps.

Point of the thread lies where people are spending money and time on things that are supposed to be permament content in addition with gameplay that comes through events mostly.
Your comparison is trying to state a point of some non significant difference in achievements and point of the thread isn't even related to that at all.

Besides, doing a top 10 seasonal character grants a badge that also count towards Badge achievements so by this logic hardcore character should also lose an access to those since those badges were supposedly permanent as well? Twisted logic.
I'm talking titles from events, plat tier ones even where people had to grind on hardcore alts to get them not in order to progress in achievements but in the way to actually show the commitment to the mode itself.
For example running Labirynth on hardcore mode that granted a title for silver tier already was a huge risk for some alts and giving it a situation of death 2 months later and losing is just not cutting it to me.

Fair enough to lose badges and titles that are obtainable through achievements on a daily basis and are available whenever anyone feel like completing the questline for them.
Not fair to lose money spent and event dropped things that won't appear in casual gameplay again (hardcore wise).

Switchback
10-11-2023, 07:37 PM
It is not a true hardcore mode to start with so they should let you keep items obtained from you spending money. It is the reason they made the mode in the first point.

You can only milk a player so much before they stop spending, you may want to listen to them

Stephencobear
10-11-2023, 09:34 PM
It doesn’t make sense logically- you can res & keep this but not that, just because

Same as we can turn off others badges, titles, buffs ect, but when we ask to turn off others auras we’re told
“We don’t allow players to control others appearance” - yes you do in fact.

I gave up on expecting consistent logic here unfortunately

intruders
10-11-2023, 11:15 PM
Your comparison is trying to state a point of some non significant difference in achievements and point of the thread isn't even related to that at all.Again, there must be some misunderstanding as I didn't compare any aps points wise (please quote me if I am wrong).
Moreover I do support your opinion that unique badges/titles should not be removed upon revival.

So I am not really sure what exactly you disagree upon :)

Immortal_Blood
10-12-2023, 02:34 AM
This is feedback demon, good feedback. Slight oversight on STS behalf perhaps

I believe the only things that should reset are level, stats, aps.

QuaseT
10-12-2023, 08:36 AM
Must give it a +1 because it just doesn't make sense to keep some assets while losing some others (badges, titles).

In general I always stood for a true hardcore mode without store crates, class-specific loot, keeping items and tokens at revive or a revive at all. However, this is another topic and the mode evolved into what it currently is. Therefore, if a revive says that you keep your items, pets and tokens, it makes sense to keep titles and badges too. Afterall its a purchase (thats what a revive basically is) and it seems like a rip-off to first time revivers at this point. People should exactly know what they keep if they pay 1600 plats and it seems like most people are surprised when all of their titles and badges are gone.

|Ares|
10-12-2023, 12:07 PM
Again, there must be some misunderstanding as I didn't compare any aps points wise (please quote me if I am wrong).
Moreover I do support your opinion that unique badges/titles should not be removed upon revival.

So I am not really sure what exactly you disagree upon :)

I was just getting into bigger explanation of my point towards anyone that has given entire thread a read so far.
Appreciate the points and arguments presented regardless.

Hexame
10-13-2023, 11:21 AM
+1 I have to agree with this. Badges deserve to remain after revive =o

Undershooting
10-13-2023, 12:48 PM
Imagine running a Halloween lb on hardcore and getting lb badge just to lose when you die smh that’s gone forever

|Ares|
10-14-2023, 06:54 AM
Bumping for visibility.

UwU123
10-16-2023, 11:27 AM
Sts be like: dont know. Dont care. Heres a middle finger. Take it or leave it.

theozzon
10-17-2023, 01:53 PM
Playing HC without spending plat is the only way to truly gauge how well the item and character progression is handeled ingame. And I think that statement alone explains why HC is bein seemingly ignored a lot of the time

|Ares|
10-29-2023, 11:13 AM
Bringing this back up cause I'd like to hear a developer response.

asommers
10-29-2023, 02:59 PM
I've added a Hardcore Revamp initiative and will save this thread for when it becomes a priority.

In the coming weeks, I'll add an official Hardcore feedback thread where we can discuss possible changes to the system.

-ALS