PDA

View Full Version : players leaving (antisocial elixir)

Immortal_Blood
10-17-2023, 09:26 AM
dumb name I know but hear me out.. :D

This is really annoying, you wait 5 minutes... start the fight, you almost got to phase 2, someone leaves, everyone else leaves.

It isn't ok, people who leave should be marked for debuffing.... even if they got disconnected.

example suggestion to resolve it:

Leaving a zone before it's completed multiple times (similar to how muting results in a ban) grants you a 7 day elixir and doesn't count down when offline.

Elixir effects:

+50% damage and stats when solo.
-50% damage and stats when with other players.
Cannot be removed.

Hoping this will stop people from leaving zone because other peoples equipment is not as good.

Maybe this will cause some game issues? I haven't thought about it too much.

Thoughts?

Ah.. also on the contrary.. a "social elixir" might be a good idea too.

e.g. completion of a zone with random players grants the elixir +50% dmg blah blah blah when with other players, no negative effects. can be removed , etc.

thx

This is a debuff in world of warcraft given for fleeing a duel to the death; doesn't count down offline, and I think it's account bound.

updated post:

Ok so yea -1 the debuff elixir is a bad idea..
----------------

but what about the buff elixir?

example:

complete 5 zones at current level when playing with other players and not in a party
joining zone with party then leaving party doesn't count towards completion

gives:

+50% stacking damage for 15 minutes
Elixir stacks - completion of 5 more zones at current level when playing with other players and not in a party adds 15 minutes
removed if player leaves zone multiple times before completion
no effect in party

notes:

could be in quest form

Adf
10-17-2023, 12:30 PM
If they add such elixir, than only in party would you be able play the game. The only way they can do is to make the boss based of the stats of many players who play the game. Like they could decrease his health. So i don t know why they buff everything in the game since rhey added catacombs. They added bracelet, 15% stats, but who could afford it? They dumb imo

Immortal_Blood
10-17-2023, 01:13 PM
If they add such elixir, than only in party would you be able play the game.

Thanks for the reply, you bring up a good counterpoint. I agree people will want to avoid that debuff.. therefore just go to pt.. thus making the experience worse for people not in pt.

so....Maybe scrap the original antisocial elixir idea and replace it with the social elixir. :D

obtained from as I said above, completion of zones with other players while not in party.

duration etc will need to be tuned so people need to go to public zone often to get the elixir back.

This wont stop people who already have the elixir from leaving.. perhaps if they have that elixir and they leave before zone completion, the elixir should be removed.

imfeared
10-18-2023, 12:39 PM
-1 nope. It's a random map and that is the risk everyone is taking. If you're undergeared for the map then stay in a lesser map until you're ready. Or join ezg or e rahab but know that some people won't just carry you through it because you joined.

asommers
10-18-2023, 01:20 PM
Maybe I could see this (a penalty for leaving before the zone is complete) for events where energy is spent, but not the campaign maps.

-ALS

trueido
10-18-2023, 02:41 PM
Sorry I cant see how is that really helpful
At this point many people can solo elite rahab anyway

Encryptions
10-18-2023, 02:46 PM
This isn't something for AL.

ImRandy
10-19-2023, 09:02 AM
Makes more sense to me if plat is involved and then only in events. If I randomly land in an event map with fast group after spending plat in good faith. My lucky day it is.

Immortal_Blood
10-19-2023, 09:00 PM
Ok so yea -1 the debuff elixir is a bad idea..
----------------

but what about the buff elixir?

example:

complete 5 zones at current level when playing with other players and not in a party
joining zone with party then leaving party doesn't count towards completion

gives:

+50% stacking damage for 15 minutes
Elixir stacks - completion of 5 more zones at current level when playing with other players and not in a party adds 15 minutes
removed if player leaves zone multiple times before completion
no effect in party

notes:

could be in quest form

Immortal_Blood
10-19-2023, 09:04 PM
Maybe I could see this (a penalty for leaving before the zone is complete) for events where energy is spent, but not the campaign maps.

-ALS

Sounds good, and yea a penalty for campaign maps was a bad idea so the original idea has evolved.. please investigate.. :D

Immortal_Blood
10-19-2023, 09:13 PM
-1 nope. It's a random map and that is the risk everyone is taking. If you're undergeared for the map then stay in a lesser map until you're ready. Or join ezg or e rahab but know that some people won't just carry you through it because you joined.

Sorry I cant see how is that really helpful
At this point many people can solo elite rahab anyway

This isn't something for AL.

Makes more sense to me if plat is involved and then only in events. If I randomly land in an event map with fast group after spending plat in good faith. My lucky day it is.

Thanks for the replies. Please review updated post.