PDA

View Full Version : Damage and Crit numbers

Zeiyas
10-20-2023, 01:50 PM
As it is right now the damage numbers are super clustered and makes it harder to see the higher crits, especially now since crit damage is slowly and more so ever becoming more meta and crit chances are though the roof/?.

So as a suggestion maybe normal damage would be WHITE and would have the lowest priority meaning it would stay on screen for the shortest time. Critical hits, YELLOW, would be a higher priority overlapping normal damage (normal damage , the lowest priority never overlapping critical damage) numbers and stay on screen for a longer period and for "Super crits", BRIGHT RED, they'd appear Infront or at the top of every other damage number, a bit bigger and stay on screen for the longest period with no other damage number being able to overlay, of course higher "Super crits" would overlay smaller ones with clarity aswell.

This could also be vise versa since right now normal damage numbers are red so Super crits can be WHITE and normal crits can stay YELLOW.

Or if not these specifics I think just more clarity between numbers would be fine (making them stay longer on screen , less glow and numbers brighter) just something I thought of, really hope it makes it in the game.

OdenTheJust
10-20-2023, 02:42 PM
To add to the damage visuals, i think maybe it would be cool to see what % of damage done was done by what player and maybe some other statistics too. If we cant quite process the numbers that are flying up on the screen and it would be too hard to implement a damage priority then could we have a stats screen at the end that showed like damage dealt by each player, highest damage number, highest dps. Other games have it and i think that it would be cool and insightful. Gives certain players a chance to flex on their damage output and show people just how much they are doing for the team. Other ideas for statistics at the end of a round are like damage taken and mobs slain, mana and health pots used. Anyways let me know what you guys think about this.

asommers
10-20-2023, 10:03 PM
There are a few things we can do here. I think the numbers are just in a queue above the target emitting from the same point. I don't think we're going to change the colors (damage is red, crit is orange), but maybe each hit should be offset in both x and y from previous hits avoiding overlap so the numbers can be read.

-ALS

recilencia123
10-21-2023, 12:44 AM
There are a few things we can do here. I think the numbers are just in a queue above the target emitting from the same point. I don't think we're going to change the colors (damage is red, crit is orange), but maybe each hit should be offset in both x and y from previous hits avoiding overlap so the numbers can be read.

-ALS

that's sounds great

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Zeiyas
10-21-2023, 07:11 AM

-ALSClarity is the aim, so sounds good.

ForumJunkie
10-21-2023, 07:16 PM

-ALS

This is not a bad idea.

Another suggestion would be adding a new chat command that allows us to view the damage log that we do. In my opinion, that would be better and easier for players to view and keep track the damage they are outputing.