View Full Version : Halloween Boss Portals - Smart Strategy or Exploit?

Cinco
10-24-2023, 09:19 AM
BOOGIE | OLIGARCH
The Portal Question

The Boogie / Oligarch Multi-Portal Friend-Join Strategy
We have heard some concerns about players' use of both Boogie and Oligarch portals when running with a party.
Basically, "is it an exploit to use friend join to defeat both Boogie and Oligarch?"

Our Official Statement for Halloween 2023
We do not consider this to be an exploit.

It still costs two candy bags: one for each portal.
It still costs you energy to enter Spooky Woods.
It requires that you have friends with whom to cooperate.
It's been this way since we introduced the Oligarch content back in 2021.

Overall, we see it as a reasonable strategy that has the potential
to build strong social bonds and benefit cooperative players.

Please let us know your questions and comments on this below.

Happy Halloween!

Yuggernaut
10-24-2023, 10:09 AM
that's not exploit, that's just strategy, the real exploit is that locked from craft "paranoia 1" had no sense drop rate, heroic ghostly was droped at the start of the event, from that h ghostly and so many krakens were droped, and from the store locked is another story (crafted one have like 70% drop rare, store ones like 5% or less), you guys need to work better on those configurations before release any event, its not funny

two lockeds with different percentage differences, the market is distorted, the idea is that we all compete with a single goal and some do not benefit from something and others lose a lot due to ignore info, you guys eve did not reported that 3 locked would be released, only 1 for each week, very bad of them, it is constructive criticism

Angelaxd
10-24-2023, 10:24 AM
It's a strategy, the real mistake is that massive chests ask for only 1 Elder Wood chest instead of 3

Encryptions
10-24-2023, 10:35 AM
Not an exploit, would be if they were spending 1 bag to enter 2 portals.

Celestial6969
10-24-2023, 10:43 AM
Thats what i told people but they dont believe me and get scared, i use this strategy for 3years now and its rly helpful and 100% fair cuz u still lose candy and energy

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

Kreuafesy
10-24-2023, 12:08 PM
This is a good trick for runners, now I would like to know what is the chance of looting this artifact from the boogie and Oligarch boxes, I opened more than 2k boxes and was unsuccessful

imfeared
10-24-2023, 12:37 PM
People in my guild were discussing this. Some seen it as strategy and others seen it as an exploit and possible ban. Happy there is clarification. Everything should be "strategy" until stated otherwise.

Elec
10-24-2023, 01:08 PM
It's a strategy, the real mistake is that massive chests ask for only 1 Elder Wood chest instead of 3

Or use massive elder crate.

Ploid
10-24-2023, 01:14 PM
I remember there was a bug or an exploit during Halloween 2021 that was later patched.

You lost access to Oligarch Mansion after exiting the mansion, and not on boss-kill.

So as long as you don't exit, you could join your party in another Oligarch Mansion without having to spend another energy or candy treat.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

pentaboom
10-24-2023, 01:19 PM
if they can not fix it, its a good strategy :)

Celestial6969
10-24-2023, 02:41 PM
I remember there was a bug or an exploit during Halloween 2021 that was later patched.

You lost access to Oligarch Mansion after exiting the mansion, and not on boss-kill.

So as long as you don't exit, you could join your party in another Oligarch Mansion without having to spend another energy or candy treat.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using TapatalkWoaaah xD thats so op

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

Vrazicak
10-24-2023, 03:05 PM
Can we get a bound oligarch vanity set for 10k tokens? :P

Ploid
10-24-2023, 03:23 PM
Woaaah xD thats so op

Sent from my CPH1941 using TapatalkI can think of a way to exploit the current mechanic too. I am gonna test it later maybe. It's not very efficient tho!

Angelaxd
10-24-2023, 04:20 PM
Or use massive elder crate.

Exactly, because of how beneficial the chest is, it deserves more crafting materials

Blessful
10-24-2023, 07:58 PM

It was actually after picking up the oli bag itself, so it had its tradeoff. You could chalk it up as a 'smart strategy,' but there are many tricks in events. STS needs to set clear boundaries.

In the end, these strategies were not intended, giving certain players an advantage, which is essentially the definition of an exploit.

A response was long overdue now that w1 is just about over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happilyanonymous
10-24-2023, 09:06 PM
To me its an exploit if sts doesnt actually tell ppl how to do it. It obviously wasn't meant to be that way and I'm not surprised sts just getting tired of those taking advantage of exploits. It means ppl are actively finding ways to "cheat" on leaderboard. Kinda sucks tbh for those not in "the know" No hate..some r just better at exploits than others

Inawaz
10-24-2023, 09:31 PM
Last time there was furnitures in oligarch bags , can you add this time also?

Americanarmy
10-24-2023, 10:20 PM
This is a good trick for runners, now I would like to know what is the chance of looting this artifact from the boogie and Oligarch boxes, I opened more than 2k boxes and was unsuccessful

I opened 7.1k and got nothing its rigged �� might start dropping aloot more the 2nd or last week of event

Lim Weibin
10-25-2023, 06:05 AM
It still costs you energy to enter Spooky Woods.

Please take a look at this video (only for reference, not pointing at anyone) (link to video) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVSBmwK5d2A) here. It doesn't seem to cost the player an extra energy to join Oligarch's mansion after completing in Boogie's mansion.

Cinco
10-25-2023, 08:53 AM
Please take a look at this video (only for reference, not pointing at anyone) (link to video) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVSBmwK5d2A) here. It doesn't seem to cost the player an extra energy to join Oligarch's mansion after completing in Boogie's mansion.

This is true - it only costs energy to enter the Spooky Woods. It costs candy bags to enter Oligarch and Boogie.

It's not meant to cost you additional energy to go through the event portals inside Spooky Woods.

Switchback
10-25-2023, 01:24 PM
What if a Player finds an 'Exploit' in future events ect, things like this could be turned into a service offered. Should either player be worried of a ban?

Rauigriu
10-25-2023, 04:09 PM
How does this “exploit” work? Does someone have to wait in the portal zone, say Boogieks Mansion while others finish in Oligarch then they can join? So one person would miss getting both each round?

Immortal_Blood
10-28-2023, 09:30 PM
u know my answer ; )