PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Nerf gold income in Gauntlet

ForumJunkie
10-27-2023, 08:57 AM
It does not make sense that the new portal earns less per hour than the gauntlet portal. Gauntlet's earning potential per hour is 9-13m, while Hedo lair is around 4-7m per hour (ofc, this depends on gold loot and team power). This is why the expansion is not played enough [yes, i know the devs will be adding elite and other farmable items, but that's not my point here].

I understand that the gauntlet map requires 1 of each kind of class to play it, and it must be an excellent party to last long waves, but that's easily achievable if you have the gears, friends, and knowledge of in-game mechanics.

If it's not possible to nerf the gold drops of the boss or miniboss in the gauntlet, maybe make the mobs or boss a bit tankier to slow down the runs in the gauntlet portal.

I know this thread will get a lot of hate, but keeping the economy healthy in the long run is vital.

What is the community's thought on this? A developer's comment about this issue would also be appreciated. Thank you.

xbell
10-27-2023, 09:10 AM
That's why not everyone can do that. You can only make those number if you can quickly find op party, wave 100+ and op goldloot. On the other side, new portal is easy and anyone with kraken can farm.
Soon it will be nerfed since game want us to focus on latest maps.

Sent from my V2134 using Tapatalk

Uchiha Madara
10-27-2023, 09:17 AM
Lmaooo. U calculating ezg with 1250gl but hedo with 800gl. Funnny xD

SM-A725F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

ForumJunkie
10-27-2023, 09:28 AM
That's why not everyone can do that. You can only make those number if you can quickly find op party, wave 100+ and op goldloot.

Yes, that's what I just said in my original post.

See below:

I understand that the gauntlet map requires 1 of each kind of class to play it, and it must be an excellent party to last long waves, but that's easily achievable if you have the gears, friends, and knowledge of in-game mechanics.

___

On the other side, new portal is easy and anyone with kraken can farm.

This is not entirely true. All maps are difficult to run if you do not have the required gear, team, and knowledge to run a dungeon.

The only difference between the gauntlet and Hedo lair is that the gauntlet has a faster clearing time on each wave than the Hedo lair to earn gold.

And that's the point of this thread. I want the clearing time of the gauntlet to be slowed down so it does not earn an insane amount of gold (yes, I am okay with this).

ForumJunkie
10-27-2023, 09:33 AM
Lmaooo. U calculating ezg with 1250gl but hedo with 800gl. Funnny xD

SM-A725F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

To be exact, those are average runs between 850-1335gl for both the gauntlet and hedo portal with a decent party.

I am not sure what you found humorous in my post. You must be an easily jovial individual.

Mrwoon
10-27-2023, 09:34 AM
Bruh you are saying in hedo u earn less but its nonsense. With good pt u earn more in hedo for sure or almost equal and it is not stressfull like Ezg. If u die in hedo nothing happens, if u die in Ezg u start from beginning. I don't understand your logic at all. Please don't get jealous and take your hate from Ezg players if you can't go high waves.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

ForumJunkie
10-27-2023, 09:48 AM
Bruh you are saying in hedo u earn less but its nonsense.

Yes, I am absolutely positive that Hedo lair earns less compared to the gauntlet portal.

With good pt u earn more in hedo for sure or almost equal and it is not stressfull like Ezg.

Sounds like you are not even sure about that claim after you said 'for sure or almost equal' in the same sentence.

And the point of this post is not to find out which portal is more stressful than the other, the point of this post is that the gauntlet portal has a faster clearing time than Hedo to earn gold, and that needs to be fixed. There is NO denying that fact.

If u die in hedo nothing happens, if u die in Ezg u start from beginning.

This only happens if you do not have the teamwork, the gears, or the knowledge to run the gauntlet portal. As I said, that issue is easy to avoid if you have those requirements. The same could be applied to the Hedo lair.

I don't understand your logic at all. Please don't get jealous and take your hate from Ezg players if you can't go high waves.

No, it is I who don't understand your reasoning.

Please stop derailing the main topic of the original post. This is not about jealousy or any of that nonsense you mentioned. And please stop claiming/assuming stuff or making me feel a way that is not factual.

Learn to read and comprehend before you post something that is only based on emotion.

FrankfurtHBF
10-27-2023, 10:04 AM
I support every word of this gentleman. constructive criticism, concise argumentation. ForumJunkie

With good pt u earn more in hedo for sure or almost equal and it is not stressfull like Ezg. If u die in hedo nothing happens, if u die in Ezg u start from beginning. I don't understand your logic at all. Please don't get jealous and take your hate from Ezg players if you can't go high waves.
I don't see anything stressful in gauntlet, if you have at least two hands and are able to press the screen of your device. Take it easy amigo

ForumJunkie
10-27-2023, 10:10 AM
I don't see anything stressful in gauntlet, if you have at least two hands and are able to press the screen of your device. Take it easy amigo

The perspective of MrWoon playing Gauntlet on Wave 6:

Mrwoon
10-27-2023, 10:16 AM
XD that's why I can easily lb and u can't

FrankfurtHBF
10-27-2023, 10:17 AM
weird flex lmao

ForumJunkie
10-27-2023, 10:27 AM

Uh-oh. He pulled out the "I can easily lb and u can't" move. Whatever shall I do?

With that being said, you just proved my point that you cannot read and comprehend, and base your posts only on pure sentiments without any sense of validity.

AgentStonoga
10-27-2023, 10:35 AM
1. Hedourah map is a normal one, you should wait for elite Hedourah.
2. Gauntlet requires good gears and on Hedo you can basically farm with any kraken set and h sabra/lege sabra aa.
3. Hedourah is legit 0IQ map with no strategy, it's basically on normal rahab/hydra level. Gauntlet requires more strategy (it's not a hard map, but you still have to know some things about it) and constant focus - 1 fail and you have to start from 0.
4. On gauntlet you need to find 2 other ppl from different classes, on hedo any class can play in any number. Sometimes it takes even hours to find someone good for pt (not to mention you basically need to know all good rogs/wars/mages discords to pm (spam) them when you want run).
5. If gaunt was that easy to everyone then I would run it with most wars/rogs, but unfortunately most of them are completely useless, despite trying to teach them how to run it - usually I don't run with them anymore.
6. If your waves (even high ones) are 20s or higher then probably no one who's good on gaunt would even want to run with you.
7. Gaunt is a map where good wars aren't discriminated by rogs and sorcs.

Btw, Hedo potential is actually higher - higher than elite rahab despite being normal map (and both of these maps have same mechanics - 3 phases of boss).

ForumJunkie
10-27-2023, 11:19 AM
It appears so far that most people who have responded negatively to this post are the ones who only run the gauntlet portal.

So evidently, I would expect more of a disagreement with you folks, which is okay.

1. Hedourah map is a normal one, you should wait for elite Hedourah.

Yes, I should wait until Elite Hedourah has been released (a portal that has no timeline of it actually being added anytime soon) before doing anything about this problem.

Gauntlet requires good gears and on Hedo you can basically farm with any kraken set and h sabra/lege sabra aa.

So basically both maps require good gears for you to run smoothly. Something I've mentioned many times already above. Thank you for pointing that out.

Hedourah is legit 0IQ map with no strategy, it's basically on normal rahab/hydra level.

That's an interesting take. When was the last time you played normal rahab/hydra? Because it is nowhere near Hedourah level. Again, another misinformation or overexaggerated claim.

4. On gauntlet you need to find 2 other ppl from different classes, on hedo any class can play in any number. Sometimes it takes even hours to find someone good for pt (not to mention you basically need to know all good rogs/wars/mages discord to spam them when you want run).

I've mentioned that before above in my post that you need 1 of each class in order to play Gauntlet. And that's easy to find if you have the gears, the friends, and the knowledge to do so. Most OP players already have a set party to run the gauntlet portal. Only the casuals have difficulty finding a good party. I doubt you are a casual, no?

5. If gaunt was that easy to everyone then I would run it with most wars/rogs, but unfortunately most of them are completely useless, despite trying to teach them how to run it - usually I don't run with them anymore.

I am not saying it's not easy to run the Gauntlet portal. My point of the post is that it has a faster clearing time compared to Hedo with a good party, so that needs to be fixed since that's also the reason why they nerfed Hedo to begin with, okay? Read that again until you get what I am trying to say here.

Your standards of what is useful and useless are questionable. Based on observation and what people say, you are very arrogant and rude to interact with. And I believe them fully because I've witnessed it myself in lobbies and PMs from other individuals you've interacted with (albeit some of them are in a joking manner, but most are not). Just sayin'.

6. If your waves (even high ones) are 20s or higher then probably no one who's good on gaunt would even want to run with you.

I've formed a party (and run with them all the time) to run Gauntlet to reach higher waves. So it's not a problem for us. But that's not the point of my post.

This is:

If it's not possible to nerf the gold drops of the boss or miniboss in the gauntlet, maybe make the mobs or boss a bit tankier to slow down the runs in the gauntlet portal.

7. Gaunt is a map where good wars aren't discriminated by rogs and sorcs.

That is good to know. Gaunt is a map where it gave war class a sense of purpose again, and I would like to avoid it getting nerfed, but that's a separate issue and off the point of my original post.

Btw, Hedo potential is actually higher - higher than elite rahab despite being normal map (and both of these maps have same mechanics - 3 phases of boss).

I have compared multiple sample sizes with a decent party (all Kraken players with 2.9-3k+ primary) and farmed both Elite Rahab and Hedo portal, and with 1000% certainty, I can tell you that it is NOT the same.

For example: With the party I have, 1 hedo run (the time we've spent on that run) is equivalent to us doing 2 and a half runs of Elite Rahab. With the gauntlet portal, you can get 3-4 waves completed versus 1 Elite Rahab run.

Most casuals/pubs won't see these sort of speeds in randoms or parties; only OP players do.

Furthermore, you are actually wrong about Rahab and Hedo having the same mechanics. We've tested this. If you do not burst down a Hedo phase successfully, the boss teleports and disappears and creates more phases for you to beat (sometimes it's just all over the place). There are also other bugs (I think it's a bug) with the sorcerer mastery iceball that glitches the Hedo boss for skipping a phase and making it possible to 1 shot it (but you cannot since the devs implemented a force regen HP once you hit 0 HP if you do not go through all the phases).

Of course, you probably do not know this because you live in the Gauntlet portal 24/7. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mrwoon
10-27-2023, 11:32 AM
It appears so far that most people who have responded negatively to this post are the ones who only run the gauntlet portal.

So evidently, I would expect more of a disagreement with you folks, which is okay.

Yes, I should wait until Elite Hedourah has been released (a portal that has no timeline of it actually being added anytime soon) before doing anything about this problem.

So basically both maps require good gears for you to run smoothly. Something I've mentioned many times already above. Thank you for pointing that out.

That's an interesting take. When was the last time you played normal rahab/hydra? Because it is nowhere near Hedourah level. Again, another misinformation or overexaggerated claim.

I've mentioned that before above in my post that you need 1 of each class in order to play Gauntlet. And that's easy to find if you have the gears, the friends, and the knowledge to do so. Most OP players already have a set party to run the gauntlet portal. Only the casuals have difficulty finding a good party. I doubt you are a casual, no?

I am not saying it's not easy to run the Gauntlet portal. My point of the post is that it has a faster clearing time compared to Hedo with a good party, so that needs to be fixed since that's also the reason why they nerfed Hedo to begin with, okay? Read that again until you get what I am trying to say here.

Your standards of what is useful and useless are questionable. Based on observation and what people say, you are very arrogant and rude to interact with. And I believe them fully because I've witnessed it myself in lobbies and PMs from other individuals you've interacted with (albeit some of them are in a joking manner, but most are not). Just sayin'.

I've formed a party (and run with them all the time) to run Gauntlet to reach higher waves. So it's not a problem for us. But that's not the point of my post.

This is:

That is good to know. Gaunt is a map where it gave war class a sense of purpose again, and I would like to avoid it getting nerfed, but that's a separate issue and off the point of my original post.

I have compared multiple sample sizes with a decent party (all Kraken players with 2.9-3k+ primary) and farmed both Elite Rahab and Hedo portal, and with 1000% certainty, I can tell you that it is NOT the same.

For example: With the party I have, 1 hedo run (the time we've spent on that run) is equivalent to us doing 2 and a half runs of Elite Rahab. With the gauntlet portal, you can get 3-4 waves completed versus 1 Elite Rahab run.

Most casuals/pubs won't see these sort of speeds in randoms or parties; only OP players do.

Furthermore, you are actually wrong about Rahab and Hedo having the same mechanics. We've tested this. If you do not burst down a Hedo phase successfully, the boss teleports and disappears and creates more phases for you to beat (sometimes it's just all over the place). There are also other bugs (I think it's a bug) with the sorcerer mastery iceball that glitches the Hedo boss for skipping a phase and making it possible to 1 shot it (but you cannot since the devs implemented a force regen HP once you hit 0 HP if you do not go through all the phases).Lmao they are same if you can't pass the P1 Rahab what are u gonna do? nothing !same in random rahabs , Same in hedo. And hedo drops more gold than rahab they have same mechs you are just trying to make them nerf Ezg because u can't make money like people that run Ezg.

ForumJunkie
10-27-2023, 11:49 AM
Lmao they are same if you can't pass the P1 Rahab what are u gonna do? nothing !same in random rahabs , Same in hedo. And hedo drops more gold than rahab they have same mechs you are just trying to make them nerf Ezg because u can't make money like people that run Ezg.

I can't help but imagine Pam from The Office or Sponge Bob meme when you posted this, but I digress.

Going back to the topic, I have concluded that responding to you will be a waste of energy and time. Again, I do not expect any positive input from a player who lives in Gauntlet 24/7 and runs nothing else but that map.

You've clearly overlooked the point of my post, and now you're just spouting insults and baseless claims that are not factual. Honestly, you sound like you are trying so hard to safeguard a map that you know is downright broken in terms of gold farming just because you farm your earnings there 24/7 and is now being threatened of being nerfed. ;D

I have more spine coming out and telling the public what the truth is because I care about the game and I am not greedy. For those who do not know, you can easily farm 100m+ in gauntlet far easier than the rest of the gold farming maps (usually takes longer). To be exact, I can farm 140-160m there per gauntlet cycle [(11-13 hours to be exact) that's not even the full cycle]. So no, gold is not an issue for me.

I've said these multiple times above and presented them clearly. Yes, hedo drops more gold per run, but 1 run of Hedo takes longer to do than completing multiple waves of the gauntlet (this concept also applies to Rahab). I do not know why you have a difficult time comprehending this, MrWoon.

But let me express this again, I don't expect you to understand or open your mind since you live in the Gauntlet 24/7 as well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I love how you're passionate about this though. Maybe it's because the gauntlet portal is closed at the moment (in the making of this post) that's why you have the time and energy to respond to me.

Mrwoon
10-27-2023, 12:00 PM
Firstly
I never insulted you learn how to read properly
Secondly
I can go and find pt in any map that I want. You are bigoted and fixated on one thing can't understand the situation properly. With an op pt u can do easy fast hedo runs (30secs)and it drops 2x of what gaunlet drops. With an op pt you can do 16-17s runs and waiting time is like in total 22+23secs. If you go random it takes long on both maps so wtf are you talking about. Stop being bigoted and just accept it.

FrankfurtHBF
10-27-2023, 12:11 PM
Firstly
Secondly
I can go and find pt in any map that I want. You are bigoted and fixated on one thing can't understand the situation properly. With an op pt u can do easy fast hedo runs (30secs)and it drops 2x of what gaunlet drops. With an op pt you can do 16-17s runs and waiting time is like in total 22+23secs. If you go random it takes long on both maps so wtf are you talking about. Stop being bigoted and just accept it.

You pointed out right: “learn how to read properly”. All these calculations you’ve provided do not match with the reality. We've tested it ourselves at every possible farming spot and concluded that the Gauntlet is the most broken map in terms of gold loot and time required. I’m not trying to convince you of changing your opinion but you do, which is already a sign to doubt your words. I highly recommend you to read the thread including our conclusions properly once again

FrankfurtHBF
10-27-2023, 12:16 PM

I can go and find pt in any map that I want.

Instead of being arrogant and saying how “cool” you are make a simple math and contribute to improving gameplay and fixing current bugs. Mrwoon

ForumJunkie
10-27-2023, 12:33 PM
FirstlyI never insulted you learn how to read properly

Resulting to gaslighting now, huh? What are these then?

I don't understand your logic at all. Please don't get jealous and take your hate from Ezg players if you can't go high waves.

Same in hedo. And hedo drops more gold than rahab they have same mechs you are just trying to make them nerf Ezg because u can't make money like people that run Ezg.

I guess we are just going to ignore these responses (insults), huh?

Secondly

Along with the poor reading and comprehension skills, it seems like you are also not good at counting and also an arrogant player as well. This is the only thing I've attained from this post.

Those numbers you mentioned above, is again, overexaggerated like the claims you and your buddies have made so far.

If you say Hedo is better than Gauntlet in terms of gold farming, then why don't I see more OP players playing Hedo then when the Gauntlet is open? Answer me. Why do OP players prefer Gauntlet to Hedo when both portals are open, huh? Why do players prefer Gauntlet to Rahab? Why, MrWoon? Let me tell you. It iS BeCaUsE iT EarNs MORE GoLd pEr hOuR.

Please stop hurling accusations/terms that you do not know what it means. I am not bigoted here, I am bigGOATED.

Once again, you've not contributed anything impactful with your posts on this thread. I do appreciate the free bumps. It gets the developers to see the problem and get it fixed sooner. Thank you.

Switchback
10-27-2023, 12:43 PM
It will surely be reduced, and they will probably add mobs to elite hedo. They kinda do it every time..

Zejun0921
10-27-2023, 12:45 PM
Bumbumbump free bump xD ahahahahahhahahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ForumJunkie
10-27-2023, 12:48 PM
It will surely be reduced, and they will probably add mobs to elite hedo. They kinda do it every time..

Yes, I am sure they will nerf the gold farm there eventually.

The question is: When?

The longer they prolong this issue, the more it hurts the economy, which is already littered with inflation. [Not to mention the price manipulators and black-market users that ruins the game]

Furthermore, the developers were really quick on fixing the gold farm in Hedo's lair the first it opened when it was earning close to or more than Gauntlet. They nerfed it the following time when the Hedo portal opened.

Quite crazy, right?

imfeared
10-27-2023, 01:01 PM
Maybe a better solution would be less gl in pre wave 30 and gradually increasing it after 30. Ezg requires better gears and diverse gears so more investment so really it should be imo the better map for farming gold. A point you are missing about the Hedo potential for income though is lootables ( elder crates are 100k)
Also I don't think e raha is 2.5 times faster then hedo especially with as you said 3k+stats and hero sab that's p1 solo hedo territory with curse. Maybe you guys are constantly doing pre p2 raha...
EZG is more fun and engaging then the phase portals too would be a bummer if we only had brain dead gl spots for real
Again just an opinion with a few truths

ForumJunkie
10-27-2023, 01:19 PM
Maybe a better solution would be less gl in pre wave 30 and gradually increasing it after 30.

This is not a bad idea.

Ezg requires better gears and diverse gears so more investment so really it should be imo the better map for farming gold.

The same could be said for any portal maps. It also requires good gear to farm efficiently. But EZG is different because it acquires gold the most and fastest per hour compared to other portal dungeons.

A point you are missing about the Hedo potential for income though is lootables ( elder crates are 100k)

I did not include this in my calculation because it is not a guaranteed loot every time you run the map. Plus, even when I take into account the elder crates in Hedo, EZG still earns more because of the zodias tokens, electrum chests, jewel farming, and tame elixirs that drops there.

Also I don't think e raha is 2.5 times faster then hedo especially with as you said 3k+stats and hero sab that's p1 solo hedo territory with curse. Maybe you guys are constantly doing pre p2 raha...

We (my party) are constantly doing mini + p2. It takes us 3-4 seconds to burst down Elite Rahab full hp phase 1. It takes another 2-3 seconds to kill mini boss instantly and burst down P2, and we just simply 1 shot phase 3 1-2 seconds. Remapping is quicker because we have low ping (30-150) and we have sagira quest. We compared that with our run with Hedo and we were doing 2.5 runs Elite Rahab versus 1 hedo run.

EZG is more fun and engaging then the phase portals too would be a bummer if we only had brain dead gl spots for real. Again just an opinion with a few truths

What is fun and engaging is subjective matter. That's not the issue that I wanted to highlight in my original post.

With that being said, I respect your opinion and applaud you for putting in a decent response to my thread compared to the others that have so far. :)

AgentStonoga
10-27-2023, 01:37 PM

This is:

Furthermore, you are actually wrong about Rahab and Hedo having the same mechanics. We've tested this. If you do not burst down a Hedo phase successfully, the boss teleports and disappears and creates more phases for you to beat (sometimes it's just all over the place). There are also other bugs (I think it's a bug) with the sorcerer mastery iceball that glitches the Hedo boss for skipping a phase and making it possible to 1 shot it (but you cannot since the devs implemented a force regen HP once you hit 0 HP if you do not go through all the phases).

Of course, you probably do not know this because you live in the Gauntlet portal 24/7. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Doing something about this problem - the only thing you can do is to wait until devs will finally release elite maps, you're not the only one who wants to try them. We had to wait with normal and elite zodias maps/portals too.
Good gears - no, kraken gear alone ISN'T a good gear. You need good awaks for gaunt too, for hedo you don't need good awaks if you can just wait a while till you proc your weapon.
0IQ map - yeah, whole hedourah strategy is to stay at 1 place (and it's not a left side of map as many people are running, there's a better spot, me and my friends found better spots) and instaproc (and use pet aa) if you have op gear or wait a while and proc if you have mid gear - definitely much harder mechanic than normal raha or hydra (and I'm talking about how much braincells these maps require, not what kind of gear you need).
Gaubt pt - if finding pt was always that easy then I wouldn't spend a lot of time spamming in gaunt (I basically do that every portal) that I look for someone to pt (mostly wars). I even had to pm some random (to me at that time) people running raha (or staying at expedition camp) to convince them to start running gauntlet and teaching them from 0. Despite knowing most of good wars and rogs, they're not always online when I want to run - and I'm not the only person who's complaining that many good wars/rogs are actually offline and can't enter to farm now. Well, rogs are probably in the worst situation, cause the number of rogs who can actually run gauntlet is higher than number of wars and (especially) mages who can run gaunt.
Gaunt has faster clearing time than hedo, but also grants less gold per 1 clear (despite getting more gold in total).
"I don't see anything stressful in gauntlet, if you have at least two hands and are able to press the screen of your device. Take it easy amigo" - you basically liked that comment and mocked other gauntlet runner in your next comment.
My (and other good runners) standards are the ones which makes running gauntlet comfortable. Dying to mobs cause someone missed em !or war didnt kill them before rog and sorc came top) or to a dragon 1tap at 21s are pretty annoying things.
Rude and arrogant - well, most of the times I'm joking with others.
Formed party and run high waves - if that was true, I would see you in LB.
Buff mobs/boss hp - current gaunt mechanics doesn't allow devs to buff mobs/boss hp. Waves (without count) cant be longer than 21s, cause of dragon 1tap attack) if we want to keep gaunt as a gold farm map.
I ran all of these 3 maps and I know mechanics for all of these 3 maps lol (I laughed when I seen u wrote that I run only gaunt, completely not knowing that I was running raha all the time back then and that I'm running hedo when gaunt is closed).
1 hedo run with chests and remap with good party is actually about 50s (i think that 45s would be possible with very op party). That would mean that 1 raha run with chests and remaps is 20s - which it isn't - even gauntlet isn't that fast. Didn't run raha for a bit, but I'm pretty sure that total raha run with chests and remap is closer to 40s than 20s. Completing 1 gauntlet wave (18s one) takes 25 or 26s in total with waiting for next wave - so it's not 3-4 times faster than elite rahab.
By saying same mechanics I meant that both bosses have 3 phases (ignoring mini on raha) - should write just mechanic, whatever.
Oh yes, hedo can punish you with his mechanics when you fail your phase (same as raha), but if you actually have at least 2k stat and can wait a while (or no need to wait if you have good gear) - you'll rarely fsil that map.
Gaunt portal 24/7 - funny thing that actually strategy for current maps is usually found first by me and people around me (or only them, for example, I actually started farming at the moment when raha strategy was actually discovered, whole point is that they still prefer to farm gaunt if all of the maps are opened at once).
If you get less gold in hedo than elite raha it means that either you or your pt have mid gear (hedo has better POTENTIAL) or you just can't run hedo properly.

AgentStonoga
10-27-2023, 01:40 PM
Anyway, looks like Zodias nerf won't happen soon.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231027/41297411b533b22f08feebeab032adce.jpg

Wysłane z mojego RMX3563 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Adf
10-27-2023, 01:56 PM
Anyway, looks like Zodias nerf won't happen soon.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231027/41297411b533b22f08feebeab032adce.jpg

They don t nerf the maps gold just because they let those with op gear gear farm them. So that why they buffed rahabkor and ekenta before catacombs, to make for those with low gear impossible to farm maps.The think that changed the game, was the 15% bracelet.

ForumJunkie
10-27-2023, 02:20 PM
Doing something about this problem - the only thing you can do is to wait until devs will finally release elite maps, you're not the only one who wants to try them. We had to wait with normal and elite zodias maps/portals too.

I know that, but you missed my whole point again.

Good gears - no, kraken gear alone ISN'T a good gear. You need good awaks for gaunt too, for hedo you don't need good awaks if you can just wait a while till you proc your weapon.

You don't need good awakes? I have to wait for my proc? Are you sure about that? Have you tried running without any suitable awake gears or running with players who do not have good awakes or gears? Because it sounds to me that you have not. You've only had the luxury to run with OP party. Try running Hedo with so-called 'don't need good awakes' gears and let me know how it goes for you.

0IQ map - yeah, whole hedourah strategy is to stay at 1 place (and it's not a left side of map as many people are running, there's a better spot, me and my friends found better spots) and instaproc (and use pet aa) if you have op gear or wait a while and proc if you have mid gear - definitely much harder mechanic than normal raha or hydra (and I'm talking about how much braincells these maps require, not what kind of gear you need).

The same thing could be said with EZG. The only 'strategy' there is saving your armor proc for the boss room and having enough damage to clear 1 room by yourself. There's nothing to fancy about that. Warriors just have to clear the boss room and wait for the DPS dealers to come and finish the boss. How is that high IQ-level gameplay?

Gaubt pt - if finding pt was always that easy then I wouldn't spend a lot of time spamming in gaunt (I basically do that every portal) that I look for someone to pt (mostly wars). I even had to pm some random (to me at that time) people running raha (or staying at expedition camp) to convince them to start running gauntlet and teaching them from 0. Despite knowing most of good wars and rogs, they're not always online when I want to run - and I'm not the only person who's complaining that many good wars/rogs are actually offline and can't enter to farm now. Well, rogs are probably in the worst situation, cause the number of rogs who can actually run gauntlet is higher than number of wars and (especially) mages who can run gaunt.

Trial and error. The problem here is that you set high standards for your parties in order to have high efficiency, that's why it takes you a while to find a party (which I don't blame you for that because I too want to have fast and consistent runs). But again, this is not the point of my original post.

Gaunt has faster clearing time than hedo, but also grants less gold per 1 clear (despite getting more gold in total)."I don't see anything stressful in gauntlet, if you have at least two hands and are able to press the screen of your device. Take it easy amigo" - you basically liked that comment and mocked other gauntlet runner in your next comment.

He is not lying though. It is also boring gameplay. IMO, the only thing that makes it interesting is the efficiency of farming gold drops (but that's just me).

My (and other good runners) standards are the ones which makes running gauntlet comfortable. Dying to mobs cause someone missed em !or war didnt kill them before rog and sorc came top) or to a dragon 1tap at 21s are pretty annoying things.

That's understandable that you are selective with your party. I understand that completely.

Rude and arrogant - well, most of the times I'm joking with others. Formed party and run high waves - if that was true, I would see you in LB.

Not entirely true. Playing innocent and saying that all of your interactions are in a joking manner is just false. Furthermore, my IGN not being there on top LB does not mean I am unable to reach high waves. If you reach LB, then that's good for you. Anyone can do it with the right gear, knowledge, and time. I am not saying your efforts were pointless in reaching LB but belittling someone just because you don't see their name in LB is again another arrogant and small pp energy to prove a point. Just sayin'.

Buff mobs/boss hp - current gaunt mechanics doesn't allow devs to buff mobs/boss hp. Waves (without count) cant be longer than 21s, cause of dragon 1tap attack) if we want to keep gaunt as a gold farm map.
I ran all of these 3 maps and I know mechanics for all of these 3 maps lol (I laughed when I seen u wrote that I run only gaunt, completely not knowing that I was running raha all the time back then and that I'm running hedo when gaunt is closed).
1 hedo run with chests and remap with good party is actually about 50s (i think that 45s would be possible with very op party). That would mean that 1 raha run with chests and remaps is 20s - which it isn't - even gauntlet isn't that fast. Didn't run raha for a bit, but I'm pretty sure that total raha run with chests and remap is closer to 40s than 20s. Completing 1 gauntlet wave (18s one) takes 25 or 26s in total with waiting for next wave - so it's not 3-4 times faster than elite rahab.
By saying same mechanics I meant that both bosses have 3 phases (ignoring mini on raha) - should write just mechanic, whatever.
Oh yes, hedo can punish you with his mechanics when you fail your phase (same as raha), but if you actually have at least 2k stat and can wait a while (or no need to wait if you have good gear) - you'll rarely fsil that map.
Gaunt portal 24/7 - funny thing that actually strategy for current maps is usually found first by me and people around me (or only them, for example, I actually started farming at the moment when raha strategy was actually discovered, whole point is that they still prefer to farm gaunt if all of the maps are opened at once).
If you get less gold in hedo than elite raha it means that either you or your pt have mid gear (hedo has better POTENTIAL) or you just can't run hedo properly.

The only thing I got from here is your mechanic's calculation is more believable than Mr. Woon's. The problem here is that you've not run Rahab for a bit. You've said it yourself. So you really do not know how it works now. It takes 22-30 seconds to finish a Rahab run (this is with different parties btw[remapping not included]); gauntlet you can do faster. Even HBBD said it himself. EZG is better.

Furthermore, saying that all strategies and tactics are discovered by you and the people around you is also a weird thing to say. Almost very narcissistic and arrogant. Do you just assume that the rest of the player base is dumb?

Also, please stop derailing the subject of the original post. What I mean here is I am not here to compare who's better and who's not. I am not here to compare genitalia sizes.

Thank you.

FrankfurtHBF
10-27-2023, 02:21 PM
Gaunt has faster clearing time than hedo, but also grants less gold per 1 clear (despite getting more gold in total).
"I don't see anything stressful in gauntlet, if you have at least two hands and are able to press the screen of your device. Take it easy amigo" - you basically liked that comment and mocked other gauntlet runner in your next comment.
Rude and arrogant - well, most of the times I'm joking with others.
Formed party and run high waves - if that was true, I would see you in LB.

Once again you’re just ignoring everything we’ve wrote above. 1 Hedo run equal 2.5 raha runs, which makes raha more profitable. All the timings and calculations are not just numbers off the top of our heads. We personally tested and compared all of those. We are here not to discuss whose waves are higher, but to make it clear that gauntlet is broken and should be fixed/reworked. If you want to make a competition whose gear is better - take a chance, but then you'll publicly apologize for being wrong.

ForumJunkie
10-27-2023, 02:23 PM

This is why this is called a suggestion/feedback thread. If the developers wanted to, they would have closed this thread already (not yet). I would stop only if the devs themselves closed this thread or said something. This post means nothing to me until then.

Also, this screenshot looks like it was taken months ago. This is not valid. Sorry.

Mrwoon
10-27-2023, 02:49 PM
My friend you are saying we are tested and who are you ? We also tested and our results are not like yours why are you the right one and no one else ? My point is you don't accept anything other than ur calculations which is biased and opening a thread about biased information. If you are opening a so called "suggestion thread" do it with right information so you don't need to write PARAGRAPHS for just 1 sentence :)

FrankfurtHBF
10-27-2023, 03:04 PM
Firstly
Secondly

You said you can do hedo in 30 seconds with a decent party and you want us to prove we are doing it slower? Sounds ridiculous. It’s us who should ask you for the proofs. Once you test it and get the real numbers, come back and share it. I will gladly accept that we’re wrong if your results are not close to the ones junkie and me mentioned. Don’t be sarcastic and aggressive since we are here NOT TO COMPETE AND ARGUE.

AgentStonoga
10-27-2023, 04:46 PM
I know that, but you missed my whole point again.

You don't need good awakes? I have to wait for my proc? Are you sure about that? Have you tried running without any suitable awake gears or running with players who do not have good awakes or gears? Because it sounds to me that you have not. You've only had the luxury to run with OP party. Try running Hedo with so-called 'don't need good awakes' gears and let me know how it goes for you.

The same thing could be said with EZG. The only 'strategy' there is saving your armor proc for the boss room and having enough damage to clear 1 room by yourself. There's nothing to fancy about that. Warriors just have to clear the boss room and wait for the DPS dealers to come and finish the boss. How is that high IQ-level gameplay?

Trial and error. The problem here is that you set high standards for your parties in order to have high efficiency, that's why it takes you a while to find a party (which I don't blame you for that because I too want to have fast and consistent runs). But again, this is not the point of my original post.

He is not lying though. It is also boring gameplay. IMO, the only thing that makes it interesting is the efficiency of farming gold drops (but that's just me).

That's understandable that you are selective with your party. I understand that completely.

Not entirely true. Playing innocent and saying that all of your interactions are in a joking manner is just false. Furthermore, my IGN not being there on top LB does not mean I am unable to reach high waves. If you reach LB, then that's good for you. Anyone can do it with the right gear, knowledge, and time. I am not saying your efforts were pointless in reaching LB but belittling someone just because you don't see their name in LB is again another arrogant and small pp energy to prove a point. Just sayin'.

The only thing I got from here is your mechanic's calculation is more believable than Mr. Woon's. The problem here is that you've not run Rahab for a bit. You've said it yourself. So you really do not know how it works now. It takes 22-30 seconds to finish a Rahab run (this is with different parties btw[remapping not included]); gauntlet you can do faster. Even HBBD said it himself. EZG is better.

Furthermore, saying that all strategies and tactics are discovered by you and the people around you is also a weird thing to say. Almost very narcissistic and arrogant. Do you just assume that the rest of the player base is dumb?

Also, please stop derailing the subject of the original post. What I mean here is I am not here to compare who's better and who's not. I am not here to compare genitalia sizes.

Thank you.

Your whole point is that elite 81 wave map grants more gold than normal portal boss 86 map (and we alrdy discussed it). Normal hedourah is a type of a map which is closer to raha (by mechanics) than gauntlet. Does normal hedo grants more gold than normal rahab? Definitely yes. Does it grants more gold than elite rahab? From my experience, yes. Does it grant more gold than Gauntlet? No. What we should do now? Wait until devs release elite hedourah (or 86 wave map).
Hedo op awaks - I let the rogs/sorcs with ~2k stats sets do p2 of hedo. With h sabra and lege sabra they were able to instaproc at p2 and finish it before proc gone. P1 actually was done by me and ~2.3k stat rog and we were doing it easily without much waiting for reduc gone too. With waiting, 2ppl with 2k stats should do p1 easily by looking at fact that I can do p1 solo with waiting.
EZG strategy - I said before that EZG isn't a hard map to run when you know how, but actually saving armor for boss isn't the only thing we do. It still needs more strategy and effort than raha/hedo.
"He's not lying" - "I am not saying it's not easy to run the Gauntlet portal." - you basically said that, which would mean that you actually think that Gauntlet needs some effort and then you agree with your friend who said that gaunt is easy.
Is gauntlet boring? For me it is up to 150 wave. But hedo and raha are even more boring than that.
Selective pt - yeah, it's normal that people who can run 1 map are more selective. Thing is that you mentioned gaunt farm per hour as a value for the people who are selective with their pt (heck I never made 11m+ in an hour as far as i remember, sorc struggles with gl on mini). Most people actually earn way less than that or they don't even run that map, cause they can't/no one good wants them in pt. How many active GOOD gauntlet runners are playing - not much. Hedo value 4-7m/h is probably for randoms too. I get 8m/h easily there with mid pt, with good pt could even try to hit 9m/h (8.5m/h is easily achievable). Ofc I have op gl, but my point is that difference between gaunt and normal hedo isnt that collosal as you said at the beginning.
Arrogant - it's not a false, I'm usually not serious with that. Guess just some people can't realize that I'm joking (at least with stronger players, with weaker players who say that they can play X map and then it turns out that they're completely bad - I can actually be bit more serious, but I had a reason in that case, cause someone lied to me).
High waves/lb runs - actions speak louder than words. I don't care about any self-proclaims, cause basically everyone can say what he wants. If you think you can keep 15-19s waves, rarely miss gl on boss and run high waves -
ok, you can think like that, but for now you didn't prove it, so these words are meaningless.
I didn't run rahab for a bit? Actually, I ran it few times, when I was desperate to run anything for gold, but had no people for gaunt. Afaik, current mini killers proc boss killer weapons on raha and then kill mini with that, so they can do damage to raha with procs tick too. Yeah, it was found long time ago, nothing new (wonder if some people still preproc at p1 and wait until mini killer kills mini fast, so they dont need to proc at p2). And yeah, I still managed to get more from hedo.
Can do gaunt faster than raha? Ofc, but you said you can do 3-4 waves at that time, which isn't true. EZG is better, but that map requires more from you.
"Assuming that rest of the player base is dumb" - well, basing on what I seen, I can say that other people on average have less knowledge about maps and finding strategies/tricks to make runs better. Maybe it sounds arrogant, but that's actually a fact and facts don't care about someones feelings.

That Cinco's message was sent exactly 1.5 months ago, it's not that old.

xbell
10-27-2023, 05:29 PM
As long as is not easy(need strategy) and not everyone can do it, gauntlet is fine. You need to focus on gauntlet. You can semi afk on e rahab/Hedourah.
How are you saying that ezg is the same to ERahabkor/Hedourah when 50% of the time you are just standing and you can still get gold when you die.
It's hard to find party on ezg (if you are talking about 9m per hr and after 1-2 run mostly people is done running). On the other hand finding party on e rahab and Hedourah is easy and you can farm gold early.

Op player prefer to play gauntlet because E rahab/Hedourah is boring.

recilencia123
10-27-2023, 06:27 PM
The perspective of MrWoon playing Gauntlet on Wave 6:

jajajaja wdf this man doesn't know how exactly must be, a little mistake in high wave and again wave 1, hedo is no hard to do, just wait his few seconds and hit zzZ

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

recilencia123
10-27-2023, 06:33 PM

This is:

3-4 waves in gaunt if u compare to 1 run in hedo? wdf .-. make a video and post ur link here, i bet ur truth

recilencia123
10-27-2023, 06:40 PM

I can't help but imagine Pam from The Office or Sponge Bob meme when you posted this, but I digress.

Going back to the topic, I have concluded that responding to you will be a waste of energy and time. Again, I do not expect any positive input from a player who lives in Gauntlet 24/7 and runs nothing else but that map.

You've clearly overlooked the point of my post, and now you're just spouting insults and baseless claims that are not factual. Honestly, you sound like you are trying so hard to safeguard a map that you know is downright broken in terms of gold farming just because you farm your earnings there 24/7 and is now being threatened of being nerfed. ;D

I have more spine coming out and telling the public what the truth is because I care about the game and I am not greedy. For those who do not know, you can easily farm 100m+ in gauntlet far easier than the rest of the gold farming maps (usually takes longer). To be exact, I can farm 140-160m there per gauntlet cycle [(11-13 hours to be exact) that's not even the full cycle]. So no, gold is not an issue for me.

I've said these multiple times above and presented them clearly. Yes, hedo drops more gold per run, but 1 run of Hedo takes longer to do than completing multiple waves of the gauntlet (this concept also applies to Rahab). I do not know why you have a difficult time comprehending this, MrWoon.

But let me express this again, I don't expect you to understand or open your mind since you live in the Gauntlet 24/7 as well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I love how you're passionate about this though. Maybe it's because the gauntlet portal is closed at the moment (in the making of this post) that's why you have the time and energy to respond to me.

140-160m? what a fake info like play 13 hours wdf we are humans, we need to sleep, to eat, to work, to do homeworks c mon be smart if u calculate something with real life

imfeared
10-27-2023, 06:44 PM
Just throwing this in here from my "test" on hedo. With a decent not super op party 2.2k 2.4k 2.6k 3.2k stats I made 12.4M in 1 hr 26min on hedo. Looted 9 elders worth 100kea. I'm not stirring this pot I'm only putting my numbers in here. Yes I see were Gaunt can make more gold per hr but 1 mistake and it might not. Honestly now I see it as a little more risk little more reward and that seems fair.

ForumJunkie
10-27-2023, 07:08 PM
My friend you are saying we are tested and who are you ?

Why does it matter who I am? That's not the point of my original post. What is the purpose of getting my identity? Going around blacklisting people, maybe?

We also tested and our results are not like yours why are you the right one and no one else ?

Papiezolak gave more reasonable calculations than you did. Please stop pulling out numbers from your behind. Of course, naturally, I won't believe you.

My point is you don't accept anything other than ur calculations which is biased and opening a thread about biased information. If you are opening a so called "suggestion thread" do it with right information so you don't need to write PARAGRAPHS for just 1 sentence

I wasn't the one who was close-minded, hurling insults and false accusations, to begin with. See:

Bruh you are saying in hedo u earn less but its nonsense. With good pt u earn more in hedo for sure or almost equal and it is not stressfull like Ezg. If u die in hedo nothing happens, if u die in Ezg u start from beginning. I don't understand your logic at all. Please don't get jealous and take your hate from Ezg players if you can't go high waves.

And oh, I am not saying my information is 1000% absolute. That's why I provided an average sample size so that I won't seem biased. Something you and your buddies have failed to consider.

My door is always open. I am more than happy to test stuff with you. That is, of course, you are interested.

ForumJunkie
10-27-2023, 07:17 PM
jajajaja wdf this man doesn't know how exactly must be, a little mistake in high wave and again wave 1, hedo is no hard to do, just wait his few seconds and hit zzZ

This is the problem. Why do you guys think Gauntlet is hard? Yes, it's hard to find and get a decent geared, and knowledgeable player to clear a room by themselves and finish off the boss so that it is more efficient to run the gauntlet map and earn faster gold, but once you bypass that issue it all becomes too easy to farm in Gauntlet (just like any other map).

Yes, there are more risks with Gauntlet than Hedo, but if you have an OP party who knows what they are doing, that risk becomes lower and easier to avoid. The LB board shows this result and is proven by OP parties.

And oh, I was meming with the GIF. You completely missed the point of that post.

Maybe because you used Google Translate like MrWoon when reading my post.

ForumJunkie
10-27-2023, 07:28 PM
3-4 waves in gaunt if u compare to 1 run in hedo? wdf .-. make a video and post ur link here, i bet ur truth

Yes, it takes about 48 secs - 1 minute and (x) secs to finish 1 Hedo run. That's roughly 3-4 gauntlet runs if we are going to take the 25-26 secs that the people above have provided.

Keep in mind that some players can do both Gauntlet and Hedo portals faster with a full damage boost party and almost Spectral/HBBD-level gears.

recilencia123
10-27-2023, 07:32 PM
This is the problem. Why do you guys think Gauntlet is hard? Yes, it's hard to find and get a decent geared, and knowledgeable player to clear a room by themselves and finish off the boss so that it is more efficient to run the gauntlet map and earn faster gold, but once you bypass that issue it all becomes too easy to farm in Gauntlet (just like any other map).

Yes, there are more risks with Gauntlet than Hedo, but if you have an OP party who knows what they are doing, that risk becomes lower and easier to avoid. The LB board shows this result and is proven by OP parties.

And oh, I was meming with the GIF. You completely missed the point of that post.

Maybe because you used Google Translate like MrWoon when reading my post.

You talk as if it were easy in wave 180 or more, for example being war you must do the proc activation well otherwise you will die from the massive damage of the mobs, and be careful that they do not give you that damage reduction or armor reduction and if you They give damage reduction, you will not be able to kill the mini and your friends when coming to the dragon can die since the damage it does is high, then once on the dragon you must taunt and be precise in the seconds if you spend a second the dragon will kill you being war and being with your gl active, a failure in high wave is a high possibility of dying, it is not as easy to kill in wave 4 or 10 than in 200 or 210 ._.
and sorry i didnt know ur omnipotent and see me using google translator [emoji1787]

recilencia123
10-27-2023, 07:36 PM
Yes, it takes about 48 secs - 1 minute and (x) secs to finish 1 Hedo run. That's roughly 3-4 gauntlet runs if we are going to take the 25-26 secs that the people above have provided.

Keep in mind that some players can do both Gauntlet and Hedo portals faster with a full damage boost party and almost Spectral/HBBD-level gears.

im gonna take minim
25+25=50
hedo min is 48 ,
now max
26+26=52
hedo max 1 min
and u say 3-4 waves in ezg per one hedo [emoji102] apart of hedo remap is so fast with quest and ezg again wave 1 to 14 is no dragon

ForumJunkie
10-27-2023, 08:21 PM
Your whole point is that elite 81 wave map grants more gold than normal portal boss 86 map (and we alrdy discussed it). Normal hedourah is a type of a map which is closer to raha (by mechanics) than gauntlet. Does normal hedo grants more gold than normal rahab? Definitely yes. Does it grants more gold than elite rahab? From my experience, yes. Does it grant more gold than Gauntlet? No. What we should do now? Wait until devs release elite hedourah (or 86 wave map).

No, the point was that the Hedo map earns less gold compared to Gauntlet per hour. I am not talking about the drops. I know Hedo drops more than Gauntlet, but if we are skipping mini in Gauntlet and just talking about killing the boss to get faster runs in Gauntlet, then Gauntlet will earn more per hour than Hedo.

The point of my original post is per-hour earning potential, not the gold drop per boss run.

Yes, I guess I should just keep farming this broken gold farm zone (Gauntlet) until it gets nerfed.

Hedo op awaks - I let the rogs/sorcs with ~2k stats sets do p2 of hedo. With h sabra and lege sabra they were able to instaproc at p2 and finish it before proc gone. P1 actually was done by me and ~2.3k stat rog and we were doing it easily without much waiting for reduc gone too. With waiting, 2ppl with 2k stats should do p1 easily by looking at fact that I can do p1 solo with waiting.
EZG strategy - I said before that EZG isn't a hard map to run when you know how, but actually saving armor for boss isn't the only thing we do. It still needs more strategy and effort than raha/hedo.

And you still did 45 seconds with this party composition? Only a yes or no, please. Thank you.

"He's not lying" - "I am not saying it's not easy to run the Gauntlet portal." - you basically said that, which would mean that you actually think that Gauntlet needs some effort and then you agree with your friend who said that gaunt is easy.

To clarify, what I mean, it's not easy to run the Gauntlet portal if you do not have the gear, party, and knowledge. Once you have those three things, it becomes easy just like any other map.

Is gauntlet boring? For me it is up to 150 wave. But hedo and raha are even more boring than that.

I see.

Selective pt - yeah, it's normal that people who can run 1 map are more selective. Thing is that you mentioned gaunt farm per hour as a value for the people who are selective with their pt (heck I never made 11m+ in an hour as far as i remember, sorc struggles with gl on mini). Most people actually earn way less than that or they don't even run that map, cause they can't/no one good wants them in pt. How many active GOOD gauntlet runners are playing - not much. Hedo value 4-7m/h is probably for randoms too. I get 8m/h easily there with mid pt, with good pt could even try to hit 9m/h (8.5m/h is easily achievable). Ofc I have op gl, but my point is that difference between gaunt and normal hedo isnt that collosal as you said at the beginning.

This is a good argument. Just an FYI. I know your gold loot stat (roughly) judging by your income in Gauntlet. Mine is slightly higher since I am earning more than you (my intention is not to shame or flex here). If you are curious how much gl I have, I am more than willing to send that info via PM.

Arrogant - it's not a false, I'm usually not serious with that. Guess just some people can't realize that I'm joking (at least with stronger players, with weaker players who say that they can play X map and then it turns out that they're completely bad - I can actually be bit more serious, but I had a reason in that case, cause someone lied to me).

Fair point. I hope that's the truth.

High waves/lb runs - actions speak louder than words. I don't care about any self-proclaims, cause basically everyone can say what he wants. If you think you can keep 15-19s waves, rarely miss gl on boss and run high waves -
ok, you can think like that, but for now you didn't prove it, so these words are meaningless.

I am open to doing some tests. Feel free to leave a message in the forum, and I will add you once I get your permission.

I didn't run rahab for a bit? Actually, I ran it few times, when I was desperate to run anything for gold, but had no people for gaunt. Afaik, current mini killers proc boss killer weapons on raha and then kill mini with that, so they can do damage to raha with procs tick too. Yeah, it was found long time ago, nothing new (wonder if some people still preproc at p1 and wait until mini killer kills mini fast, so they dont need to proc at p2). And yeah, I still managed to get more from hedo.
Can do gaunt faster than raha? Ofc, but you said you can do 3-4 waves at that time, which isn't true. EZG is better, but that map requires more from you.

The point of my original post is Gauntlet vs Hedo. Not Gauntlet vs Rahab. But thanks for the input.

"Assuming that rest of the player base is dumb" - well, basing on what I seen, I can say that other people on average have less knowledge about maps and finding strategies/tricks to make runs better. Maybe it sounds arrogant, but that's actually a fact and facts don't care about someones feelings.

You are comparing low/average players to yourself. Of course they will have weaker gears and less knowledge compared to you. You are not on their level. Well, this is just an advice, but maybe humble yourself a bit and stop belittling players even if it's a joke. Showing some empathy or some sympathy as well?

Maybe then players would be more, I don't know, more nicer to you? You may not believe this, but jokes are half-meant.

That Cinco's message was sent exactly 1.5 months ago, it's not that old.

Okay, good. Thanks for clarifying.

I want to know what the developers have to say about this now though.

ForumJunkie
10-27-2023, 08:25 PM
As long as is not easy(need strategy) and not everyone can do it, gauntlet is fine. You need to focus on gauntlet. You can semi afk on e rahab/Hedourah.
How are you saying that ezg is the same to ERahabkor/Hedourah when 50% of the time you are just standing and you can still get gold when you die.
It's hard to find party on ezg (if you are talking about 9m per hr and after 1-2 run mostly people is done running). On the other hand finding party on e rahab and Hedourah is easy and you can farm gold early.

Op player prefer to play gauntlet because E rahab/Hedourah is boring.

You completely missed the point of my original post as well.

Furthermore, what is fun and what is boring is again subjective. And again, not the point of my original post.

ForumJunkie
10-27-2023, 08:30 PM
At this point, I will ignore any comments/posts/responses that have nothing to do with the original point of my post.

I may humor some of it, but for the most part, I will start labeling it as a 'free bump.' Because I already wasted half of my day entertaining this nonsense and repeating the same thing repeatedly.

And, oh, it would be nice to get a developer to respond in this thread. An input from a dev would be much appreciated. Thank you.

ForumJunkie
10-27-2023, 08:40 PM
Just throwing this in here from my "test" on hedo. With a decent not super op party 2.2k 2.4k 2.6k 3.2k stats I made 12.4M in 1 hr 26min on hedo. Looted 9 elders worth 100kea. I'm not stirring this pot I'm only putting my numbers in here. Yes I see were Gaunt can make more gold per hr but 1 mistake and it might not. Honestly now I see it as a little more risk little more reward and that seems fair.

Thank you for the input, Ultrarun. This info is actually accurate and more believable IMO.

If you don't mind me asking, how much is your gold loot? It's okay if you are not comfortable sharing here publicly. You can PM me in the forum.

And yes, you are right, Gauntlet can earn more but with one mistake it's all over. But that's rarely an issue with OP parties that you always play with (yes, it still happens, but less likely compared to pt randoms/pubs).

Still, the point of my original post is that Gauntlet earns more than Hedo, which you soft-vouch for with your statement above.

AgentStonoga
10-28-2023, 01:23 AM
No, the point was that the Hedo map earns less gold compared to Gauntlet per hour. I am not talking about the drops. I know Hedo drops more than Gauntlet, but if we are skipping mini in Gauntlet and just talking about killing the boss to get faster runs in Gauntlet, then Gauntlet will earn more per hour than Hedo.

The point of my original post is per-hour earning potential, not the gold drop per boss run.

Yes, I guess I should just keep farming this broken gold farm zone (Gauntlet) until it gets nerfed.

And you still did 45 seconds with this party composition? Only a yes or no, please. Thank you.

To clarify, what I mean, it's not easy to run the Gauntlet portal if you do not have the gear, party, and knowledge. Once you have those three things, it becomes easy just like any other map.

I see.

This is a good argument. Just an FYI. I know your gold loot stat (roughly) judging by your income in Gauntlet. Mine is slightly higher since I am earning more than you (my intention is not to shame or flex here). If you are curious how much gl I have, I am more than willing to send that info via PM.

Fair point. I hope that's the truth.

I am open to doing some tests. Feel free to leave a message in the forum, and I will add you once I get your permission.

The point of my original post is Gauntlet vs Hedo. Not Gauntlet vs Rahab. But thanks for the input.

You are comparing low/average players to yourself. Of course they will have weaker gears and less knowledge compared to you. You are not on their level. Well, this is just an advice, but maybe humble yourself a bit and stop belittling players even if it's a joke. Showing some empathy or some sympathy as well?

Maybe then players would be more, I don't know, more nicer to you? You may not believe this, but jokes are half-meant.

Okay, good. Thanks for clarifying.

I want to know what the developers have to say about this now though.

"No, the point was that the Hedo map earns less gold compared to Gauntlet per hour. I am not talking about the drops." - that's basically what I meant. Gauntlet gets you more gold than hour than hedourah, but the point is that gauntlet is an elite wave map and hedourah is just a normal boss map. Gauntlet requires more thinking (even tho it's still not much) than hedo and better gears and spending more time to get a pt and connections with runners - many other sorcerers which didn't build connections with other runners can't run gaunt as "often" as me with good rogs and wars, cause I already made connections with runners and they know that I usually can handle good farm runs. I had to spend time for building that connection, where on hedo you can basically get random people with kraken set and just 2k stat to run it.
I don't think that I can make 45-50s with 2k stats people, but 50-55s should still be possible if they're joining fast enough to my remap.
Three things - yeah, gauntlet isn't a hard map when you have these 3 things, but actually getting all of these 3 things isn't easy, it requires some effort, especially getting a good pt if you want to run hauntlet for the whole day.
Party - didn't you say that you alr got pt for gaunt? Anyway, if you're a rog/war (both recommended with glint set, for rog it's a must have), you can add me in game.
Humbling myself a bit - I actually know my place. I usually have more knowledge about average players (and average players with good gears), but I have less knowledge than people who are on the very top - and I'm fully aware of that. Main difference is that I'm not complaining on forum that some map grants more benefits than other maps (i mostly complain when something is actually unfair, like new pets for example). Instead of that, I just want to know how to imprpve myself to benefit more than average players and when I'm able to do that - I ask top players for advices, watch how they run these maps, trying to find out something about map etc, so it let me to be better at x map. That's a thing which usually upset me - people who are complaining insread of trying to imprpve themself (merchants with lots of saved gold complaining about gold farming maps are giving me headache too, but that's a different thing).

ForumJunkie
10-28-2023, 06:30 AM
"No, the point was that the Hedo map earns less gold compared to Gauntlet per hour. I am not talking about the drops." - that's basically what I meant. Gauntlet gets you more gold than hour than hedourah, but the point is that gauntlet is an elite wave map and hedourah is just a normal boss map.

Thank you for clarifying what you meant and admitting that Gauntlet does INDEED earn more gold an hour than Hedourah lair. With that being said, the 'gauntlet being elite and hedo being normal' argument is not the main highlight of my original post. The main point of my original post is the fact Gauntlet is earning more per hour than Hedo by a huge amount, which you confirmed yourself with the statement above.

Gauntlet requires more thinking (even tho it's still not much) than hedo and better gears and spending more time to get a pt and connections with runners - many other sorcerers which didn't build connections with other runners can't run gaunt as "often" as me with good rogs and wars, cause I already made connections with runners and they know that I usually can handle good farm runs. I had to spend time for building that connection, where on hedo you can basically get random people with kraken set and just 2k stat to run it.

Yes, you are correct. It does require more thought processes than Hedo, but not by much (like you said yourself above). Again, this post is not about your capability as a player, how good your gears are, how much time you've dedicated to getting the appropriate gears, or how you do in team play. The idea of the original post is that I wanted to highlight that Gauntlet earns more gold per hour than Hedo (which you already admitted above).

I don't think that I can make 45-50s with 2k stats people, but 50-55s should still be possible if they're joining fast enough to my remap.
Three things - yeah, gauntlet isn't a hard map when you have these 3 things, but actually getting all of these 3 things isn't easy, it requires some effort, especially getting a good pt if you want to run hauntlet for the whole day.

Thank you. 50-55 secs is more reasonable than 45 secs. I will admit that it is not easy to get a party going for the gauntlet portal, but, that's only at the beginning. Once you get enough contacts in your friend list, your choices of who you can run with are endless (but that's just me. It might be different for you).

Party - didn't you say that you alr got pt for gaunt? Anyway, if you're a rog/war (both recommended with glint set, for rog it's a must have), you can add me in game.

Unfortunately, I am neither of those two classes.

Humbling myself a bit - I actually know my place. I usually have more knowledge about average players (and average players with good gears), but I have less knowledge than people who are on the very top - and I'm fully aware of that.

Respectfully, I doubt you are aware sometimes that you come off as condescending or arrogant to other people. Although, it is nice to see you change and admit that you do not know everything. This is some character development.

Main difference is that I'm not complaining on forum that some map grants more benefits than other maps (i mostly complain when something is actually unfair, like new pets for example).

So, if a farming map is broken (in terms of gold farm) and grants an unfair advantage over other farming maps, you would not file a complaint because it benefits you, right? That's what I understood from this statement.

That said, the right course of action for this issue is to have everyone get involved in a discussion. Get everyone's opinion and make a decision base on that.

Furthermore, I appreciate you giving an example of what you think is fair and unfair, but pet balancing and gold farm maps issues are different.

Instead of that, I just want to know how to imprpve myself to benefit more than average players and when I'm able to do that - I ask top players for advices, watch how they run these maps, trying to find out something about map etc, so it let me to be better at x map.

Good for you that you are trying to improve yourself more and expand your learning more about this game.

I genuinely respect you for being very hardworking and putting in a lot of passion in this game. By the way, just a friendly note, this is not sarcasm.

OdenTheJust
10-28-2023, 11:17 AM
New person in the thread wanting to share his opinion. I think that EZG gold should not be nerfed, at least not yet. Here is why. You stated in the beginning that EZG needs one of each class and the party needs to have good gear and good coordination to get to higher waves. I agree 100% with this and I think that is why it needs to not be nerfed. The game needs more places like this that reward players for coordination and teamwork and each class type serves a purpose. If all the best gold loot places were just boss only maps then why would anyone want to play as a warrior? It takes significantly higher quality gear for a warrior to be helpful in these maps and could be way more useful to the party if the war just switched to rogue. Maps like EZG increase the value of each class because only one class is allowed into each map and each person contributes to the overall goal. I will say that once the new maps and new portals are out that I agree it makes more sense that EZG should not be the most profitable place. One the elite maps are released they should either make more gold than EZG or EZG should receive a nerf to incentivize players to farm the new maps.

ForumJunkie
10-28-2023, 11:34 AM
New person in the thread wanting to share his opinion. I think that EZG gold should not be nerfed, at least not yet. Here is why. You stated in the beginning that EZG needs one of each class and the party needs to have good gear and good coordination to get to higher waves. I agree 100% with this and I think that is why it needs to not be nerfed. The game needs more places like this that reward players for coordination and teamwork and each class type serves a purpose. If all the best gold loot places were just boss only maps then why would anyone want to play as a warrior? It takes significantly higher quality gear for a warrior to be helpful in these maps and could be way more useful to the party if the war just switched to rogue. Maps like EZG increase the value of each class because only one class is allowed into each map and each person contributes to the overall goal. I will say that once the new maps and new portals are out that I agree it makes more sense that EZG should not be the most profitable place. One the elite maps are released they should either make more gold than EZG or EZG should receive a nerf to incentivize players to farm the new maps.

I appreciate your kind, respectful, and thoughtful response and the perspective you bring to the discussion. It's clear that you value the uniqueness of the EZG (Elite Zodias Gaunt) and its rewarding nature when it comes to coordination, teamwork, and class diversity. You make some valid points about why it might not be the right time to nerf its gold income.

The idea that each class type serves a purpose and contributes to the overall success of the party in the EZG is a strong argument for maintaining its current gold income. This does indeed add value to each class, making players think strategically about class choices and gear optimizations. It's a unique aspect of the game that promotes diversity and cooperation.

You also bring up a crucial point about future updates and new maps. Once the new maps and portals are introduced, it's reasonable to expect that they should offer competitive or even better gold rewards compared to the EZG. This would encourage players to explore new content and keep the game fresh.

In light of this, it may be wise for developers to balance the gold income across different maps and portals as they expand the game. This could include either making the new maps more lucrative or considering a nerf to the EZG to incentivize players to explore the new content.

Your perspective highlights the importance of maintaining the distinct qualities of different maps while ensuring a balanced and engaging gaming experience. It's a valuable contribution to the ongoing discussion about game balance, and I hope the developers take these considerations into account when planning future updates.

Thank you for sharing your viewpoint.

Ilove_Poopoo
10-28-2023, 02:16 PM
Only like 2 people in the game with 1.2k+ gl sets are capable of earning 13m per hour. Not just gl but the specific team required.

Hedorah is a braindead kind of map, literally just stands on the boss and spam. So it serves right that it should be earning less than Gauntlet.

Devs fault Elderwoods is dead, they offer nothing new of value. Nerfing gauntlet won't make people suddenly play Elderwoods.

Hedorah opens once every 3 days - and for the time it is closed, the game temporarily dies of activity. So, for the meantime Gauntlet is another map that keeps players occupied in the game. Shouldn't be nerfing maps without implementing a backup.

Vast majority of farmers are farming Elite Rahab/Hedorah considering how restrictive and hard it is to efficiently farm Gauntlet. I'll make the claim that most of the gold farmed attributed to inflation actually came from Elite Rahab/Hedorah, and not Gauntlet.

So... if you worry about inflation so much, wouldn't it be better to nerf Elite Rahab and Hedorah instead? I hope Cinco can release the stats of how much gold is farmed from Rahab, Hedorah, Gauntlet.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

ForumJunkie
10-28-2023, 02:57 PM
Only like 2 people in the game with 1.2k+ gl sets are capable of earning 13m per hour. Not just gl but the specific team required.

Hedorah is a braindead kind of map, literally just stands on the boss and spam. So it serves right that it should be earning less than Gauntlet.

Devs fault Elderwoods is dead, they offer nothing new of value. Nerfing gauntlet won't make people suddenly play Elderwoods.

Hedorah opens once every 3 days - and for the time it is closed, the game temporarily dies of activity. So, for the meantime Gauntlet is another map that keeps players occupied in the game. Shouldn't be nerfing maps without implementing a backup.

Vast majority of farmers are farming Elite Rahab/Hedorah considering how restrictive and hard it is to efficiently farm Gauntlet. I'll make the claim that most of the gold farmed attributed to inflation actually came from Elite Rahab/Hedorah, and not Gauntlet.

So... if you worry about inflation so much, wouldn't it be better to nerf Elite Rahab and Hedorah instead? I hope Cinco can release the stats of how much gold is farmed from Rahab, Hedorah, Gauntlet.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I appreciate the insight you've brought to this discussion, and I'd like to address a few points you raised:

1. Specific Players Earning High Gold: You mentioned that only around 2 players (I know one of them is you, Spectral) with 1.2k+ gl sets can earn up to 13m per hour. It's essential to realize that while this might be true, these individuals can still heavily influence the economy. Over time, even a small number of players accumulating vast wealth can create imbalances.

2. Nature of Hedorah Map: I understand your sentiment about Hedorah being a simpler map, and if that's the consensus, it does make sense for it to earn less. However, my main point was the disparity in earnings between Gauntlet and Hedorah. If the Gauntlet is too rewarding, it might disincentivize players from exploring other areas.

3. Elderwoods and Game Activity: I agree with you that Elderwoods has not brought the desired value to the game, leading to decreased activity. My suggestion wasn't to nerf the Gauntlet without providing alternatives. Instead, I believe that balancing gold earnings can be part of a broader strategy to keep all areas of the game active and appealing.

4. Elite Rahab/Hedorah Farming: It's an interesting point you bring up about the source of inflation being primarily from Elite Rahab and Hedorah. If these are indeed the significant sources of gold influx, then it would make sense to review their gold drop rates. I would also be keen to see the stats released by Cinco to get a clearer picture.

5. Nerfing Maps and Game Activity: Your point about not nerfing maps without a backup is valid. We wouldn't want to create gaps in player activity. My hope is that by discussing this, we can find a balanced solution that keeps the game engaging and economically stable.

To conclude, my main goal is to ensure the longevity and health of the game's economy. I believe we both want the same thing, which is the best for the game and its community. Thank you for engaging in this discussion, and I look forward to further constructive conversations on this topic.

AgentStonoga
10-28-2023, 04:49 PM
Thank you for clarifying what you meant and admitting that Gauntlet does INDEED earn more gold an hour than Hedourah lair. With that being said, the 'gauntlet being elite and hedo being normal' argument is not the main highlight of my original post. The main point of my original post is the fact Gauntlet is earning more per hour than Hedo by a huge amount, which you confirmed yourself with the statement above.

Yes, you are correct. It does require more thought processes than Hedo, but not by much (like you said yourself above). Again, this post is not about your capability as a player, how good your gears are, how much time you've dedicated to getting the appropriate gears, or how you do in team play. The idea of the original post is that I wanted to highlight that Gauntlet earns more gold per hour than Hedo (which you already admitted above).

Thank you. 50-55 secs is more reasonable than 45 secs. I will admit that it is not easy to get a party going for the gauntlet portal, but, that's only at the beginning. Once you get enough contacts in your friend list, your choices of who you can run with are endless (but that's just me. It might be different for you).

Unfortunately, I am neither of those two classes.

Respectfully, I doubt you are aware sometimes that you come off as condescending or arrogant to other people. Although, it is nice to see you change and admit that you do not know everything. This is some character development.

So, if a farming map is broken (in terms of gold farm) and grants an unfair advantage over other farming maps, you would not file a complaint because it benefits you, right? That's what I understood from this statement.

That said, the right course of action for this issue is to have everyone get involved in a discussion. Get everyone's opinion and make a decision base on that.

Furthermore, I appreciate you giving an example of what you think is fair and unfair, but pet balancing and gold farm maps issues are different.

Good for you that you are trying to improve yourself more and expand your learning more about this game.

I genuinely respect you for being very hardworking and putting in a lot of passion in this game. By the way, just a friendly note, this is not sarcasm.

Huge difference? I usually get no more than 25% more gold on gaunt than on hedo. Is that a noticeable difference? Yes. Is that a huge difference? No.
Is that wrong that Gauntlet earns more than Hedo, considering what you actually have to do to run "normal" gaunt runs and what you need to run Hedourah? From my thinking, the map which requires more from you should grant you more gold.
Choices - as I said before, if I had endless choices then I wouldn't spam in vault with every portal that I need someone (usually war) to join my pt - and I'm actually a person with decent connections and I still have to do that with every gaunt portal. Had plenty of situations where I was waiting in vault for like 1-2h with hope that someone will login to game, so I can run with him - and after that amount of time I was going off, cause none of my friends entered game. Even when someone enters game I have to pm him fast, because other good mage can steal him for his pt (happened plenty of times). Ofc I have situations where I have like 2-3 wars and rogs to run with, but situations when there's no war or rog to pt happens too, basically on every opened portal. Wasting 2h just to get 2h gaunt run vs 4h hedo or even e rahab run - I'm pretty sure that 4h these 4h of running hedo/e raha would benefit you more. Also, gaunt runs are more exhausting, after op run all people usually take some break, where on e raha/hedo people usually run till they're bored.
(I never changed, I was always like that lol)
"So, if a farming map is broken (in terms of gold farm) and grants an unfair advantage over other farming maps, you would not file a complaint because it benefits you, right?" - as basically stated many times, it's not an unfair advantage, considering how much effort you have to put to actually run it comparing it to raha/hedo.
Benefits me -Personal thing starts
I started as an average noob with just mid-decent gear at the beginning and I wasn't able to run most op e rahab runs with most op people at the beginning. I wasn't mad that better players were making more than me (one of them even replied in your thread), I was just curious how they were able to do that, so I could improve myself and start running best runs. Another example was with first hours of first hedo portal, where people with op mythic sets and mythic boss killer weapons were killing hedo in 1 proc (before realizing that kraken was able to do that too) - it obviously pissed me off that I can't do that, but instead of complaining in forum I was considering to sell my krak set and buy mythic set, so I could use hyperos (despite joking that I would ask Cinco to nerf hyperos dmg).
I wasn't able to run good gaunt runs for a long time, it actually took me a pretty long time to learn (I'm slow at learning) how to not die at wave 60 and how to save armor proc (ofc now we do more things than just saving armor, but thats how it started), but I didn't complain that others were making more gold than me, I just wanted to be able to farm like these people. With lots of practice and tips from other people, I just finally learned how to run it (and helped plenty of people with improving their gaunt after this).
So yeah, I'm actually trying to catch top players and play like them (at least on farm maps, cause for now im not interested in lb/timeds/pvp etc) instead of complaining at something which can be solved (by getting more connections/learning strategy/upgrading gear etc) without devs "help".

ForumJunkie
10-28-2023, 06:46 PM
Huge difference? I usually get no more than 25% more gold on gaunt than on hedo. Is that a noticeable difference? Yes. Is that a huge difference? No.
Is that wrong that Gauntlet earns more than Hedo, considering what you actually have to do to run "normal" gaunt runs and what you need to run Hedourah? From my thinking, the map which requires more from you should grant you more gold.
Choices - as I said before, if I had endless choices then I wouldn't spam in vault with every portal that I need someone (usually war) to join my pt - and I'm actually a person with decent connections and I still have to do that with every gaunt portal. Had plenty of situations where I was waiting in vault for like 1-2h with hope that someone will login to game, so I can run with him - and after that amount of time I was going off, cause none of my friends entered game. Even when someone enters game I have to pm him fast, because other good mage can steal him for his pt (happened plenty of times). Ofc I have situations where I have like 2-3 wars and rogs to run with, but situations when there's no war or rog to pt happens too, basically on every opened portal. Wasting 2h just to get 2h gaunt run vs 4h hedo or even e rahab run - I'm pretty sure that 4h these 4h of running hedo/e raha would benefit you more. Also, gaunt runs are more exhausting, after op run all people usually take some break, where on e raha/hedo people usually run till they're bored.
(I never changed, I was always like that lol)
"So, if a farming map is broken (in terms of gold farm) and grants an unfair advantage over other farming maps, you would not file a complaint because it benefits you, right?" - as basically stated many times, it's not an unfair advantage, considering how much effort you have to put to actually run it comparing it to raha/hedo.
Benefits me -Personal thing starts
I started as an average noob with just mid-decent gear at the beginning and I wasn't able to run most op e rahab runs with most op people at the beginning. I wasn't mad that better players were making more than me (one of them even replied in your thread), I was just curious how they were able to do that, so I could improve myself and start running best runs. Another example was with first hours of first hedo portal, where people with op mythic sets and mythic boss killer weapons were killing hedo in 1 proc (before realizing that kraken was able to do that too) - it obviously pissed me off that I can't do that, but instead of complaining in forum I was considering to sell my krak set and buy mythic set, so I could use hyperos (despite joking that I would ask Cinco to nerf hyperos dmg).
I wasn't able to run good gaunt runs for a long time, it actually took me a pretty long time to learn (I'm slow at learning) how to not die at wave 60 and how to save armor proc (ofc now we do more things than just saving armor, but thats how it started), but I didn't complain that others were making more gold than me, I just wanted to be able to farm like these people. With lots of practice and tips from other people, I just finally learned how to run it (and helped plenty of people with improving their gaunt after this).
So yeah, I'm actually trying to catch top players and play like them (at least on farm maps, cause for now im not interested in lb/timeds/pvp etc) instead of complaining at something which can be solved (by getting more connections/learning strategy/upgrading gear etc) without devs "help".

I see where you're coming from, especially with the assertion about the 25% gold difference between Gauntlet and Hedo Lair. While this might not seem monumental in isolated runs, over extended play sessions and for the broader player base, it accumulates and can indeed lead to perceptible imbalances in the game's economy.

I recognize your dedication and the effort you've invested in mastering the Gauntlet. Your experiences in waiting for team members, competing for top players, and your journey of growth in the game are both commendable and insightful. I never meant to undermine that.

To revisit my initial post's intent: the issue isn't solely about the percentage difference in gold but about the larger implications it presents for game balance and participation. The suggestion to potentially adjust Gauntlet's rewards wasn't meant to discount the efforts of skilled players but to foster an environment where both the new content (like Hedo Lair) and the established ones (like Gauntlet) can coexist without one overshadowing the other significantly.

Your perspective on this matter, rooted in personal experience, is valued. However, we should also be cognizant of the broader game community's experience. Balancing aims to ensure a harmonious and equitable experience for everyone, from the elite players to those just beginning their journey.

I respect your resilience and approach to challenges, but my initial post came from a place of concern for the game's overall health and longevity. I hope we can continue discussing this in a constructive manner, valuing each other's insights and experiences.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and I'm eager to hear more from you on this topic.

EDIT:

This is not relevant to my response to you, but I forgot to mention in my original post and I would like to just point it out that the reason why I earn 7m per hour in Hedo is because I use damage elixirs to speed up the the runs by having more burst damage potential. If I don't buy the elixirs, I roughly earn 8.5-9m (not counting loot since it only became valuable when the Halloween event came). In gauntlet, I roughly earn 12.5-13m (not entirely sure how much if loots are added) per hour.

This is with a gold loot of 1335% gl. With a full gl team, this can be boosted up to 1485% gl , but I am not going to use that because I rarely get this sort of team.

So, if we take the lowest value of gold farmed per hour and multiply that by 10 hours:

8.5 x 10 = 85m

12.5 x 10 = 125m

Low/High drops and missed gl drops calculated.

That's a 40m difference. That is huge. That's roughly 4.5 hours of farming time saved by running the gauntlet and not Hedo.

Furthermore, HBBD (a well-known OP war who runs the gauntlet portal often) told me that 5 hours for him in the gauntlet is 50m. He also mentioned that Hedo and Rahab are slower than Gauntlet and that Gauntlet Portal is far better. From what I recall, his gl is around 1100% gold loot.

FrankfurtHBF
10-28-2023, 08:05 PM
Huge difference? I usually get no more than 25% more gold on gaunt than on hedo. Is that a noticeable difference?

Hedo value 4-7m/h is probably for randoms too. I get 8m/h easily there with mid pt, with good pt could even try to hit 9m/h (8.5m/h is easily achievable).

You mentioned that you farm ~8m/hour on Hedo with a mid-party. In Gauntlet it's ~10m/hour(of course, with that extra 25% loot difference you pointed out earlier). So, over 10 hours in the Gauntlet, you're making ~100 million and on Hedo it's ~80 million. That ~20m gap equals more than 2 hours of farming, which is such a colossal waste, don't you think? I say approximately because the 25% loot difference you’ve mentioned is slowly growing every time you loot gold according to the law of iterated expectation.

We conducted a test, and our results showed 9m/hour in Hedo and 13m/hour in Gauntlet. Again, these aren't approximate figures like the ones you threw out. These are meticulously calculated results. In our case, that's ~90m over 10 hours on Hedo compared to ~130 million in Gauntlet. That's a ~40 million gap, which can be converted into 4.5 hours of additional farm, based on our data. So, to reach the same gold amount on Hedo, I'll have to endure an extra 4.5 hours (assuming a 10-hour distance). Our calculations were conducted with 3k+ primary stat players and 1335gl set.

ForumJunkie
10-28-2023, 08:12 PM
It would be nice to get input from a representative of STS or the developing team to share their thoughts or opinions on this.

This post has gathered 1.2+k views (more than the feedback Halloween Week 2 thread), and no STS representative or developer has made their presence known yet.

You can't simply lurk around. And, oh, it looks like there's some sort of discord group for Arcane Legends that I am unaware of. Can someone send me a link to that group so I can participate in that discussion, too?

I would much appreciate it. Thank you.

AgentStonoga
10-29-2023, 03:05 AM
I see where you're coming from, especially with the assertion about the 25% gold difference between Gauntlet and Hedo Lair. While this might not seem monumental in isolated runs, over extended play sessions and for the broader player base, it accumulates and can indeed lead to perceptible imbalances in the game's economy.

I recognize your dedication and the effort you've invested in mastering the Gauntlet. Your experiences in waiting for team members, competing for top players, and your journey of growth in the game are both commendable and insightful. I never meant to undermine that.

To revisit my initial post's intent: the issue isn't solely about the percentage difference in gold but about the larger implications it presents for game balance and participation. The suggestion to potentially adjust Gauntlet's rewards wasn't meant to discount the efforts of skilled players but to foster an environment where both the new content (like Hedo Lair) and the established ones (like Gauntlet) can coexist without one overshadowing the other significantly.

Your perspective on this matter, rooted in personal experience, is valued. However, we should also be cognizant of the broader game community's experience. Balancing aims to ensure a harmonious and equitable experience for everyone, from the elite players to those just beginning their journey.

I respect your resilience and approach to challenges, but my initial post came from a place of concern for the game's overall health and longevity. I hope we can continue discussing this in a constructive manner, valuing each other's insights and experiences.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and I'm eager to hear more from you on this topic.

EDIT:

This is not relevant to my response to you, but I forgot to mention in my original post and I would like to just point it out that the reason why I earn 7m per hour in Hedo is because I use damage elixirs to speed up the the runs by having more burst damage potential. If I don't buy the elixirs, I roughly earn 8.5-9m (not counting loot since it only became valuable when the Halloween event came). In gauntlet, I roughly earn 12.5-13m (not entirely sure how much if loots are added) per hour.

This is with a gold loot of 1335% gl. With a full gl team, this can be boosted up to 1485% gl , but I am not going to use that because I rarely get this sort of team.

So, if we take the lowest value of gold farmed per hour and multiply that by 10 hours:

8.5 x 10 = 85m

12.5 x 10 = 125m

Low/High drops and missed gl drops calculated.

That's a 40m difference. That is huge. That's roughly 4.5 hours of farming time saved by running the gauntlet and not Hedo.

Furthermore, HBBD (a well-known OP war who runs the gauntlet portal often) told me that 5 hours for him in the gauntlet is 50m. He also mentioned that Hedo and Rahab are slower than Gauntlet and that Gauntlet Portal is far better. From what I recall, his gl is around 1100% gold loot.

Gauntlet alone cannot disrupt the economy on its own. There are maybe 20, 25max active good gaunt runners and probably I'm the one who runs it the most (most of these good gaunt runners usually run gaunt no more than 3 times per day, at least when I don't sleep). Now compare it with the amount of people who run raha/hedo - there are probably hundreds of them and they definitely make more gold in total than these 20ppl in gaunt.
These map can coexist - I run both maps if they're not opened at the same day. Also, as I said before, Hedo map is a NORMAL BOSS map, where Gaunt is an ELITE WAVE map. Normal hedo should be compared to normal raha in that case (hedo is way better). Only reasonable thing you can do is to wait for elite elder woods content.
Balancing - there are currently 5 types of map farm (zodias maps-raha-e raha-hedo-gauntlet). Each of them require more and more gear/skill/strategy/connections from you. You can start as a sanctuary runner, but with your progress you can run gaunt. Unfair and unbalanced thing would be when a map which requires more from you was granting same/less amount of gold than a map which requires less from you.
13m from gaunt? Not even Spec passed 13m with recently found strategy (which I'm still not using, cause I'm not able to), it's either you lying or you're basing on some calculations which have little or nothing to do with actual runs (you would need to reach 7m score many times at first).
1335gl? You include pet passive, hb and pet aa? Current pet strategy for gaunt (especially for mage) is actually different. We focus on fastest clean and survivalibity, not highest drop per wave. Maximizing gold drop per wave doesn't make sense from another reason - if rogs and wars have a choice between a mage who focus on dmg and mage who focus on gl, they would rather run with dmg one - also, with focusing on gold drop, you have a higher chance of dying and starting from 0.
1485gl in total getting rarely with some pt just proves that you're not actively running gauntlet and you got these 13m numbers from nowhere, cause no one does that.
Wars/rogs with current strategy can actually get more than sorcerers from gaunt and I basically said it in different post why it looks like that.
If you're the mage I'm thinking about, then I actually know the real reason of making that thread and it's not just because it grants more gold than hedo.

ForumJunkie
10-29-2023, 07:19 AM
Gauntlet alone cannot disrupt the economy on its own. There are maybe 20, 25max active good gaunt runners and probably I'm the one who runs it the most (most of these good gaunt runners usually run gaunt no more than 3 times per day, at least when I don't sleep). Now compare it with the amount of people who run raha/hedo - there are probably hundreds of them and they definitely make more gold in total than these 20ppl in gaunt.

That's a bold claim that the gauntlet portal cannot disrupt the economy alone.

Based on what you said, you have 20-25 players (who meet your standards in running the Gauntlet portal) that you can contact and play within the portal consistently (this is neglecting the other groups that you have not encountered because they have not met your standards or they just do not run with you). If we take those 25 players and say they farm at least 8-10m an hour in 5 hours, we are looking at a collective income of 1B - 1.25B within 5 hours only. If we calculate that too, let's say 10 hours, then you are looking at 2B - 2.5B gold collective income. This is just based on YOUR experience. If we count OTHER players' experiences (not just your experiences), those numbers can potentially be higher than what was said.

There are more than 1,000+ players in this game who are playing actively. At least also take that into account when you apply those numbers in Gauntlet rather than counting a select few.

Although, I cannot definitively say because I do not have the data to support this claim. Only a developer would know this, so I asked that the developers to share their information and opinions about this matter.

These map can coexist - I run both maps if they're not opened at the same day.

If they are not opened on the same day, of course, you will run the ONLY open portal. BUT if ALL five portals (rahab, hedo, ekenta, and mech and gauntlet), are opened, then you would choose to play the Gauntlet portal, correct? Why is that? I do not want you to say, 'Because the rest of the portals (except Gauntlet) are a braindead map,' and that Gauntlet requires you more. No, that's not the reason. The reason (multiple people already said this above) why Gauntlet is preferred is that it earns more / can earn more than the other portals. Many players have said this in private chats, guild chats, and forums, and they even made videos on YouTube saying that this map is suitable for farming gold. (For example, this is one of many videos out there stating this fact: https://www.youtube.com/watchv=ymMs4yUWLtw&ab_channel=CurvieAL)

Also, as I said before, Hedo map is a NORMAL BOSS map, where Gaunt is an ELITE WAVE map.

Alright, understood. So, if I suggest that the Gauntlet bosses be buffed in terms of HP and difficulty, you would not be against it, right? Because the bosses there are squishier than the Hedo boss despite that the Gauntlet portal is considered an 'elite' status and Hedo being [normal].

Only reasonable thing you can do is to wait for elite elder woods content.

No, it is not really the only thing I can do. I can suggest or provide feedback as well before that content is released. That's what I can do. And that's what this thread section is for.

Balancing - there are currently 5 types of map farm (zodias maps-raha-e raha-hedo-gauntlet). Each of them require more and more gear/skill/strategy/connections from you. You can start as a sanctuary runner, but with your progress you can run gaunt. Unfair and unbalanced thing would be when a map which requires more from you was granting same/less amount of gold than a map which requires less from you.

Yes, Gauntlet does require more teamwork and gears for you to run it efficiently to earn gold, but that obstacle is not impossible or difficult to achieve than what you make it sound like. Once you do bypass those barriers, then running the Gauntlet map is easy. Correct? Albeit, not all players have the skills, consistency, or patience to run the Gauntlet LB to reach 41m points like you do, but players can still easily and comfortably make a lot of gold in the Gauntlet portal if they meet all the requirements.

You've even tried to resolve the party issue by making a post recruiting OP players to farm Gauntlet with you efficiently, here:

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?709942-OP-party-for-Zodias-Gauntlet-runs-(0-17-0-21)

13m from gaunt? Not even Spec passed 13m with recently found strategy (which I'm still not using, cause I'm not able to), it's either you lying or you're basing on some calculations which have little or nothing to do with actual runs (you would need to reach 7m score many times at first).

In a private conversation with Spectral in-game, he himself said that he could potentially earn 13m an hour or more in the Gauntlet portal. Well, what can I say, it's up to you and others to believe my information or decide not to.

1335gl? You include pet passive, hb and pet aa? Current pet strategy for gaunt (especially for mage) is actually different. We focus on fastest clean and survivalibity, not highest drop per wave. Maximizing gold drop per wave doesn't make sense from another reason - if rogs and wars have a choice between a mage who focus on dmg and mage who focus on gl, they would rather run with dmg one - also, with focusing on gold drop, you have a higher chance of dying and starting from 0.

Yes, 1335 gold loot. Yes, this is with a full gl pet. Hotbars exist. It's not impossible, it's just you've probably never tried it yet. You can compensate for lost damage by using damage elixirs and boost your survivability by using elixirs and buffs that do. And I don't mind using elixirs since I can easily earn a lot of gold to get them.

1485gl in total getting rarely with some pt just proves that you're not actively running gauntlet and you got these 13m numbers from nowhere, cause no one does that.
Wars/rogs with current strategy can actually get more than sorcerers from gaunt and I basically said it in different post why it looks like that.

I am not just pulling out numbers from my butt. You just refuse to believe it's possible and that someone has tried it other than yourself.

Yes, you are correct, I do not run Gauntlet constantly. Mostly because I run with my friends on the other portals, which I found more fun and suitable for my gameplay and time, BUT that doesn't mean I've never attempted Gauntlet.

I have been invited by players capable of running Gauntlet with no problem. And from my experience, I was able to earn approximately 11.5-12.5m in an hour, but I could have probably gotten more [12.5-13m] if I sold the loots that I've gotten from those runs and converted the tokens I'd earned in the vendor shop.

If you're the mage I'm thinking about, then I actually know the real reason of making that thread and it's not just because it grants more gold than hedo.

I am not sure what you are talking about, and it sounds like it will be off-topic again.

My reason for making this thread was CLEARLY stated in the original post on page 1 to the top of the page. No hidden agenda on my part. I've been transparent about what I've wanted from the very start.

It doesn't matter who I am. What matters is we focus on the issue, which is that Gauntlet earns more gold than the other portals available in the game. And that this is taxing the economy of the game in the long term.

We are NOT here to compete and argue.

---

Also, if you don't mind me asking, please format your responses more cleanly. It hurts reading your responses because it's just all over the place and without any proper formatting.

Finally, please stop repeating the same thing again and again. I've already addressed some of the same issues on your posts multiple times, and it just keeps looping around.

Thank you.

ForumJunkie
10-29-2023, 07:39 AM
I have noticed that most of the responses I have received so far from this thread are that they are against nerfing the gold drops in the Gauntlet, so let's try a different approach:

I will only entertain posts that talk about this from now on or give other options. The rest I will ignore because it's fruitless for me to get my point across to people who are adamant about not opening their minds and are just veering off-topic again and again.

Chaquille
10-29-2023, 08:58 AM
I think the main point here is that one is MORE rewarding for the effort put in than the other. Should be enough to understand.

If anything I think hendourah should get the nerf and when an elite is released then should EZG see a nerf. But I know that probably won't be a thing since there would be no one playing the 86 maps unless it's leveling even though the mini bosses on these maps do drop a fair sum of gold and is relatively easy, But that's not the point of this post and I think there's alot of factors to think about before nerfing anything regarding gold.

1. Keeping players active.
Now this one is very obvious but when there's no diversity there's also no players. What I mean is nerfing gauntlet would force players to other contents of the game, which if it's newer content I think it's somewhat of a good idea and I'd say 50/50 between good and bad, however this is forcing Vs doing what I want/like.

2. Is it really worth it?
Now objectively there will 100% be some nerfs in the near future (Like the reason of this post) that semi-forces players into newer contents.

But let's say there were several nerfs made that forced players into fresh content but that "fresh content" lacks content completely, what would happen? Yes I'm speaking about 86 maps that I think are so underwhelming if we compare this to zodias when it was first released zodias easily takes the cake. If gauntlet was nerfed yes I think we'd see alot of players flock to 86 maps but again, diversity. At this moment there's only 1 boss portal for 86 maps and running the maps to get this portal open is some of the most annoying contents in game in my opinion. Not to mention there's only normal maps available barely any new 86 gears, no timed lb, 1 boss portal/portal, barely any new elixirs, barely anything rewarding but gold and so on. So barely anything right now and I think it's rushed. So I say for now let's give the Devs time to flesh out the new content and in due time we'll see changes and even nerfs that some may or may not like. Like again this post here.

There's alot more factors that could get mentioned like "is it accommodating the players with underwhelming/not so Overpowered gears?" and so on but I'd rather read a short post that gets to the point instead of a super lengthy one and this post is already super lengthy and might've not gotten to the point earlier.

All in all I think it's fine how it is right now and for the "future of the game" something you made a clear point on as well, I think leaving it as is let the players do what they want would be the best option.

Nerfing left and right isn't always the solution. But I do see where you're coming from such as inflation and so on trying to get players to new contents and what not but for me and I think a few players would say it's fine as it is. "opening my mind" I think I've done well regarding opening my mind to the future of this game.

My point of view here picks up from where you mention the future of the game and not necessarily all in on gold argument.

+1 on increasing the tanky-ness of gaunt bosses though doesn't seem like a bad idea.

PS: This is cringe.

AgentStonoga
10-29-2023, 09:25 AM
That's a bold claim that the gauntlet portal cannot disrupt the economy alone.

Based on what you said, you have 20-25 players (who meet your standards in running the Gauntlet portal) that you can contact and play within the portal consistently (this is neglecting the other groups that you have not encountered because they have not met your standards or they just do not run with you). If we take those 25 players and say they farm at least 8-10m an hour in 5 hours, we are looking at a collective income of 1B - 1.25B within 5 hours only. If we calculate that too, let's say 10 hours, then you are looking at 2B - 2.5B gold collective income. This is just based on YOUR experience. If we count OTHER players' experiences (not just your experiences), those numbers can potentially be higher than what was said.

There are more than 1,000+ players in this game who are playing actively. At least also take that into account when you apply those numbers in Gauntlet rather than counting a select few.

Although, I cannot definitively say because I do not have the data to support this claim. Only a developer would know this, so I asked that the developers to share their information and opinions about this matter.

If they are not opened on the same day, of course, you will run the ONLY open portal. BUT if ALL five portals (rahab, hedo, ekenta, and mech and gauntlet), are opened, then you would choose to play the Gauntlet portal, correct? Why is that? I do not want you to say, 'Because the rest of the portals (except Gauntlet) are a braindead map,' and that Gauntlet requires you more. No, that's not the reason. The reason (multiple people already said this above) why Gauntlet is preferred is that it earns more / can earn more than the other portals. Many players have said this in private chats, guild chats, and forums, and they even made videos on YouTube saying that this map is suitable for farming gold. (For example, this is one of many videos out there stating this fact: https://www.youtube.com/watchv=ymMs4yUWLtw&ab_channel=CurvieAL)

Alright, understood. So, if I suggest that the Gauntlet bosses be buffed in terms of HP and difficulty, you would not be against it, right? Because the bosses there are squishier than the Hedo boss despite that the Gauntlet portal is considered an 'elite' status and Hedo being [normal].

No, it is not really the only thing I can do. I can suggest or provide feedback as well before that content is released. That's what I can do. And that's what this thread section is for.

Yes, Gauntlet does require more teamwork and gears for you to run it efficiently to earn gold, but that obstacle is not impossible or difficult to achieve than what you make it sound like. Once you do bypass those barriers, then running the Gauntlet map is easy. Correct? Albeit, not all players have the skills, consistency, or patience to run the Gauntlet LB to reach 41m points like you do, but players can still easily and comfortably make a lot of gold in the Gauntlet portal if they meet all the requirements.

You've even tried to resolve the party issue by making a post recruiting OP players to farm Gauntlet with you efficiently, here:

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?709942-OP-party-for-Zodias-Gauntlet-runs-(0-17-0-21)

In a private conversation with Spectral in-game, he himself said that he could potentially earn 13m an hour or more in the Gauntlet portal. Well, what can I say, it's up to you and others to believe my information or decide not to.

Yes, 1335 gold loot. Yes, this is with a full gl pet. Hotbars exist. It's not impossible, it's just you've probably never tried it yet. You can compensate for lost damage by using damage elixirs and boost your survivability by using elixirs and buffs that do. And I don't mind using elixirs since I can easily earn a lot of gold to get them.

I am not just pulling out numbers from my butt. You just refuse to believe it's possible and that someone has tried it other than yourself.

Yes, you are correct, I do not run Gauntlet constantly. Mostly because I run with my friends on the other portals, which I found more fun and suitable for my gameplay and time, BUT that doesn't mean I've never attempted Gauntlet.

I have been invited by players capable of running Gauntlet with no problem. And from my experience, I was able to earn approximately 11.5-12.5m in an hour, but I could have probably gotten more [12.5-13m] if I sold the loots that I've gotten from those runs and converted the tokens I'd earned in the vendor shop.

I am not sure what you are talking about, and it sounds like it will be off-topic again.

My reason for making this thread was clearly stated in the original post on page 1 to the top of the page. No hidden agenda on my part. I've been transparent about what I've wanted from the very start.

It doesn't matter who I am. What matters is we focus on the issue which is that Gauntlet earns more gold than the other portals available in the game. And that this is taxing the economy of the game in the long-term.

---

Also, if you don't mind me asking, can you please format your responses more cleanly? It kind of hurts reading your responses because it's just all over the place and without any proper formating. Thank you.

20-25 players running - I can tell you that like half of these players aren't making more than 30m per gaunt portal and like 5 or even less are getting 50m+ from every portal. I usually have to switch rogs/wars with every next run, cause the rogs/wars from last pt are going off for longer time. And since the number of rogs/wars being able to make good gaunt runs is higher than sorcerers, the rogs/wars actually have to wait more for pt if I'm already running with someone other (especially when current gauntlet sorcerers are running hwn lb) or just go farm raha/hedo. People outside that group are making less than that, especially the ones who run 30s waves and are dying at wave 30-60. You should also keep that in mind that if gaunt never existed, we would run raha/hedo and still farm some amount of gold (i was farming raha before even knowing that gauntlet is better source of farm).

Yes, I would choose a gaunt, cause it's better than Hedo. Is that wrong? Looking at the fact that gauntlet requires more from you than hedo, it's not. Game should reward people who actually try their best instead of punishing them and bringing them down to the level of the people who just got some mid-decent gears and aren't using any braincells or they don't want to try to get better.

Gauntlet mechanics doesn't allow to run higher waves constantly with longer time than 21s, if you actually were running that map, you would know that. You can't really buff mobs/boss hp (unless new mythics will come and they'll be more powerful than kraken gear).

impossible/difficult - yeah, it's not impossible to achieve, but actually I was building my gauntlet community for months. I was inviting and teaching rogs/wars, also giving tips to some mages who were asking me how to run that map. Running gaunt after filling all requiremenrs is fairly easy, but still that map requires constant focus and is very tiring. Back then, I was able to farm raha for hours without any break, now if someone dies, we all usually take a break. Minimum score which is considered as a good base for good farm run is 7m (wave 155) - it's still 1h-1h20min of constant running with full focus (and there's still a chance that someone will die below that score and we go on break). Yeah, I've made that forum post, cause that's how hard is/was to get good people for gsunt, so I was that desperate to look for people in forum. Guess how many new people I've got after this. Of course none.

You probably know that I know Spec too. He himself said that's impossible for him to reach 13m due to how many times he rips gl on dragon with new strategy. Also, he's able to pull these runs with only one or 2 people (who aren't very active gaunt runners nowadays afaik) due to new strategy. With any other people his runs are closer to mine.

You can't fully compensate with lixs only, even if you use a 30% dmg lix. You actually have to use almost all of the hotbars on gauntlet. You also have to mess with some gear to maximize your dmg. You can't do as good as mage who focus on dmg, especially at higher waves where dragon gets tankier and you still have to keep same time of wave clear like the one at wave 50 for example). Also, wars and rogs would rather run with dmg mage than gl one, so they usually wouldn't ask you to run if any other dmg mage would be online.

Pulling out numbers, running other portals, inviting by players, last part of my post - well, I actually know that you (if you're the sorc I'm thinking about) were trying to run gauntlet but you were struggling with finding team to run with (you were even saying to others that there's always no tank to run with) and that's actually the reason why you're running other portals. You're struggling with getting a team and it's pissing you off that other people put some effort to build a gaunt community. That's why you made this post, pulled some gl strategy which isn't used by anyone and asking devs to nerf gaunt to the point where it'll be on similar level as maps which basically don't require anything from you except kraken set.

Switchback
10-29-2023, 09:51 AM
You guys are writing essays when im positive sta already knows what they are going to do to it... Gj for turning this into a peeing race.

AgentStonoga
10-29-2023, 12:01 PM
Despite not agreeing about gaunt with ForumJunkie, there's 1 thing I actually have to agree with - I just tried now farm e rahab with good pt which had good dmg and was joining fast to my remap. Amount of gold which I've got here was similar with the amount of gold I've got on hedo, so these maps are basically equal if you have good pt. And hedo is the map which requires bit better gear to get good runs.
If it won't be fixed with introducing new mythic gear and allowing us to kill hedo faster then devs could maybe take a look into e rahab-hedourah gold drop balance.

ForumJunkie
10-29-2023, 01:14 PM
20-25 players running - I can tell you that like half of these players aren't making more than 30m per gaunt portal and like 5 or even less are getting 50m+ from every portal. I usually have to switch rogs/wars with every next run, cause the rogs/wars from last pt are going off for longer time. And since the number of rogs/wars being able to make good gaunt runs is higher than sorcerers, the rogs/wars actually have to wait more for pt if I'm already running with someone other (especially when current gauntlet sorcerers are running hwn lb) or just go farm raha/hedo. People outside that group are making less than that, especially the ones who run 30s waves and are dying at wave 30-60. You should also keep that in mind that if gaunt never existed, we would run raha/hedo and still farm some amount of gold (i was farming raha before even knowing that gauntlet is better source of farm).

Noted.

Yes, I would choose a gaunt, cause it's better than Hedo.

Nothing is wrong with that. It's just I wanted you to say to everyone here that Gauntlet is better than Hedo in terms of gold farming. That is all.

Gauntlet mechanics doesn't allow to run higher waves constantly with longer time than 21s, if you actually were running that map, you would know that. You can't really buff mobs/boss hp (unless new mythics will come and they'll be more powerful than kraken gear).

Yes, I know that. Early waves 15-19 secs, mid waves 17-21, high waves 19-23. This is from the party I run with.

Running gaunt after filling all requiremenrs is fairly easy, but still that map requires constant focus and is very tiring.

This is a valid point that Gauntlet does require you to focus more, but saying it's tiring is over-exaggeration IMO if you're just farming gold for 30-1hr and then resetting unless you are trying to achieve 140+ waves or trying out LB, then that's tiring.

Because it's tiring for every portal map out there if you've been farming for hours. With that being said, I would just like to point out the part where you said that running the gauntlet after filling all requirements is fairly easy.

ou probably know that I know Spec too. He himself said that's impossible for him to reach 13m due to how many times he rips gl on dragon with new strategy. Also, he's able to pull these runs with only one or 2 people (who aren't very active gaunt runners nowadays afaik) due to new strategy. With any other people his runs are closer to mine.

I wish I could go back in time and send a screenshot of what Spectral told me. If that is indeed true, then he was lying to me, but the reason why I do not think he was lying to me when I asked him how much he farms in Gauntlet per hour is because his result was almost the same as mine when I tested myself.

You can't fully compensate with lixs only, even if you use a 30% dmg lix. You actually have to use almost all of the hotbars on gauntlet. You also have to mess with some gear to maximize your dmg. You can't do as good as mage who focus on dmg, especially at higher waves where dragon gets tankier and you still have to keep same time of wave clear like the one at wave 50 for example). Also, wars and rogs would rather run with dmg mage than gl one, so they usually wouldn't ask you to run if any other dmg mage would be online.

I was doing Gauntlet just now with a war who uses GL pet passive, frostbitten hb (I think), and grouch aa and he was able to clean the boss room with ease and reach high waves. He was only using 1x damage elixirs.

Even if I use full gl pet I still have 3k INT and can still solo clear the room with ease as long as time my skills and procs right. I don't know why you are having difficulty believing this. Albeit, I use 2x damage elixirs, but still without I am doing fine.

Pulling out numbers, running other portals, inviting by players, last part of my post - well, I actually know that you (if you're the sorc I'm thinking about) were trying to run gauntlet but you were struggling with finding team to run with (you were even saying to others that there's always no tank to run with) and that's actually the reason why you're running other portals. You're struggling with getting a team and it's pissing you off that other people put some effort to build a gaunt community. That's why you made this post, pulled some gl strategy which isn't used by anyone and asking devs to nerf gaunt to the point where it'll be on similar level as maps which basically don't require anything from you except kraken set.

I think you are talking about a different player. And again, you missed the point of my original post. This thread is not me struggling to find a party in the gauntlet, I have enough friends on my friend list to invite someone to run that portal if I wanted to (as a matter of fact I have a set team I can always invite to run the gauntlet portal but I prefer Rahab, Hedo, or Ekenta), but that's not the topic I wanted to highlight.

Again, this thread is about Gauntlet having more earning potential than Hedo per hour. And you already confirmed it, so I will leave it at that. Thank you.

ForumJunkie
10-29-2023, 01:36 PM
Despite not agreeing about gaunt with ForumJunkie, there's 1 thing I actually have to agree with - I just tried now farm e rahab with good pt which had good dmg and was joining fast to my remap. Amount of gold which I've got here was similar with the amount of gold I've got on hedo, so these maps are basically equal if you have good pt. And hedo is the map which requires bit better gear to get good runs.
If it won't be fixed with introducing new mythic gear and allowing us to kill hedo faster then devs could maybe take a look into e rahab-hedourah gold drop balance.

That's completely fine. You do not have to agree with everything I say. That's the whole point of this. It's to get everyone's thoughts and opinions on the matter.

Thank you for acknowledging that I was right with the Rahab and Hedo part.

I am okay with that being fixed if it becomes to unbalance.

ForumJunkie
10-29-2023, 02:21 PM
I think the main point here is that one is MORE rewarding for the effort put in than the other. Should be enough to understand.

If anything I think hendourah should get the nerf and when an elite is released then should EZG see a nerf. But I know that probably won't be a thing since there would be no one playing the 86 maps unless it's leveling even though the mini bosses on these maps do drop a fair sum of gold and is relatively easy, But that's not the point of this post and I think there's alot of factors to think about before nerfing anything regarding gold.

1. Keeping players active.
Now this one is very obvious but when there's no diversity there's also no players. What I mean is nerfing gauntlet would force players to other contents of the game, which if it's newer content I think it's somewhat of a good idea and I'd say 50/50 between good and bad, however this is forcing Vs doing what I want/like.

2. Is it really worth it?
Now objectively there will 100% be some nerfs in the near future (Like the reason of this post) that semi-forces players into newer contents.

But let's say there were several nerfs made that forced players into fresh content but that "fresh content" lacks content completely, what would happen? Yes I'm speaking about 86 maps that I think are so underwhelming if we compare this to zodias when it was first released zodias easily takes the cake. If gauntlet was nerfed yes I think we'd see alot of players flock to 86 maps but again, diversity. At this moment there's only 1 boss portal for 86 maps and running the maps to get this portal open is some of the most annoying contents in game in my opinion. Not to mention there's only normal maps available barely any new 86 gears, no timed lb, 1 boss portal/portal, barely any new elixirs, barely anything rewarding but gold and so on. So barely anything right now and I think it's rushed. So I say for now let's give the Devs time to flesh out the new content and in due time we'll see changes and even nerfs that some may or may not like. Like again this post here.

There's alot more factors that could get mentioned like "is it accommodating the players with underwhelming/not so Overpowered gears?" and so on but I'd rather read a short post that gets to the point instead of a super lengthy one and this post is already super lengthy and might've not gotten to the point earlier.

All in all I think it's fine how it is right now and for the "future of the game" something you made a clear point on as well, I think leaving it as is let the players do what they want would be the best option.

Nerfing left and right isn't always the solution. But I do see where you're coming from such as inflation and so on trying to get players to new contents and what not but for me and I think a few players would say it's fine as it is. "opening my mind" I think I've done well regarding opening my mind to the future of this game.

My point of view here picks up from where you mention the future of the game and not necessarily all in on gold argument.

+1 on increasing the tanky-ness of gaunt bosses though doesn't seem like a bad idea.

PS: This is cringe.

Thank you for the detailed response. You make excellent points here.

ForumJunkie
10-29-2023, 02:23 PM
You guys are writing essays when im positive sta already knows what they are going to do to it... Gj for turning this into a peeing race.

Very insightful comment. Thank you for responding.

asommers
10-29-2023, 02:55 PM
Appreciate the heated discussion. We have plans to move the primary source of inflow to Ender Woods.

-ALS