PDA

View Full Version : New npc idea

Rushorgtfo
10-15-2012, 05:05 AM
Hey community!!!!

I thought of an idea in where an NPC will refund a fraction of your platnium you paid for an item such as the OCD helmet for 500 platnium you'd get 1/4 of that for recycling it. And you can't buy it back unless you want to pay the 500 platnium. I Belive this is a good idea not only for the players but for sts to. It'll boost plat sales because people won't have to worry about spending to much platnium on items in store cause they can recycle them. But elixers will not be recyclable only items such as gear helms swords staffs vanity dragon packs etc.

I know a lot may disagree but please give me your honest opinion. I think it's a great idea considering people always need platnium or for those who have bought the same ring 10 + times in Accediant.

I posted this suggestion here in general discussion to drag more attention to this thread. Please let me know what you guys think

-RushOrGtfo

Timelife
10-15-2012, 05:12 AM
Actually a good idea ;-)

Elyseon
10-15-2012, 07:05 AM
I like it but it means less $$$ for devs highly doubt they would do this
I would actually see a sell for gold option being added first lol

Rushorgtfo
10-15-2012, 07:12 AM

Ely I completely see where your coming from but think about it. It gives players a much greater feeling of "safeness" purchasing platinum knowing they can get a little back if they don't use that item anymore. Which could possibly boost sales rather than lower them. People don't have an endless supply of plat bought items:) and 1/4 of the cost is what you get back so it'll be very hard for u to even get 200 plat from all your plat bought items. Barely over 100 for the 500 plat OCD helm

TO THE DEVS: I really hope you guys consider this.

Extrememight
10-15-2012, 07:16 AM
I like the idea Best one i have heard all day:anonymous:

MightyMicah
10-15-2012, 07:17 AM
I like the idea!

Rushorgtfo
10-15-2012, 07:22 AM
And it'll help out people who can't afford platnium right before caps "uhh why'd I buy that's OCD helm wasted my plat" it'll give you just a little boost a couple thrashers worth. Everyone deserves a chance to get some elixers:) I can't even play the game without elixers lol. That's why I have 6,000 platnium saved for next cap.

Ps. This recycle platinum isn't for me I have plenty. It's for the less fortunate who I Believe deserve something.

Spectre
10-15-2012, 07:32 AM
Awesome idea bro.

Rushorgtfo
10-15-2012, 07:36 AM
Awesome idea bro.

Elyseon
10-15-2012, 07:37 AM
Yeh I can see it making sense, and who knows with all the blessing giveaways they may add this next
10% refund maybe :P

Rushorgtfo
10-15-2012, 07:40 AM
Yeh I can see it making sense, and who knows with all the blessing giveaways they may add this next
10% refund maybe :P

Yes, but elixirs potions pvp areas CANNOT be refunded for platinum. And the daily blessing doesn't even give a lot of platinum the odds of getting platinum on day 5 are very slim.i hope devs consider this. Not everyone can afford platinum like addicts such as myself unfortunately so this is a good way to even it out so everyone has a chance at leveling:)

ninjaduck
10-15-2012, 07:46 AM
First : this has been suggested at least 5272747262518196 times

Second: think about it from STS's point of view. Putting plat as a daily award was very generous already. Free plat to this extent would never happen, they need people to buy it and transfer money to their bank accounts

Elyseon
10-15-2012, 07:47 AM

Second: think about it from STS's point of view. Putting plat as a daily award was very generous already. Free plat to this extent would never happen, they need people to buy it and transfer money to their bank accounts
I already do

Rushorgtfo
10-15-2012, 07:53 AM

Plat isn't a daily reward you must've been unfortunately misinformed. It's a every 5 day plat reward which is RARE. You are completely sucking up to the devs as if your saying screw giving back to the community give the devs all your money! Take my idea into consideration. As you can see many agree with me.

Elyseon
10-15-2012, 07:55 AM
Lol I pro lucky i got 158 plat with 44 day blessings

Rushorgtfo
10-15-2012, 07:57 AM
Lol I pro lucky i got 158 plat with 44 day blessings

See lol this is extreme platinum hoarders in the making. 44 day blessings. And only 158 platinum. The daily blessing is generous of the devs but the plat item recycling seems much better

Elyseon
10-15-2012, 08:00 AM
Lol I actually use about 20 of my chars regularly
Only about 5 are useless mules
Rest are holiday farmers

angeldawn
10-15-2012, 12:10 PM
I love this idea! I think it's great with all the vanities I had to buy and then never use, just for their achievements.

Also, this would help with thousands upon thousands I have spent on packs trying to get specific item such as Halloween, Dragons, Minotaurs and Spider packs.

I have hundreds of unwanted items getting a fraction of what I spent and inventory space would be great :-)

Great idea Rush. Thanks for posting it.

ely
10-15-2012, 12:14 PM
I love this idea! I think it's great with all the vanities I has to buy and never use for their achievements.

Also, this would help with thousands upon thousands I have spent on packs trying to get specific item such as Halloween, Dragons, Minotaurs and Spider packs.

I have hundreds of unwanted items getting a fraction of what I spent and inventory space would be great :-)

Great idea Rush. Thanks for posting it.
Id imagine itd be too dificult to regularly update the guy so event items would have to be non-refundable

Rushorgtfo
10-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Keep the comments coming! Devs need to see this!

ely
10-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Idk if theyll see it all my posts are on topic

...yeh id definately buy more plat if this were implemented

Bless
10-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Strongly agree.

ninjaduck
10-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Thalidimide victims probably agree to want to put the distributors of thalidimide in prison. Is it reasonable? No.

I could get a bunch of cocaine takers to agree that cocaine should be legalised. Reasonable? No.

Bunch of PL players want free plat. Bought an item? Your fault. Don't expect sympathy.

When I said Daily Reward, I meant its a part in the daily reward scheme. Im fully aware that 5 plat isnt granted every day. Htiek got 400 plat off the daily reward scheme. Imagine a thousand of him. Thats a good chunk of potential revenue being given to the community. I agree with STS if they raise Plat prices. I agree with STS if they add a scheme which encourages plat usage. It's their game, they pay for my enjoyment. They have the liberty to do anything they want except limit my enjoyment.

"You are completely sucking up to the devs, as if saying screw the community"

No. The community is a bunch of players in a game. We dont male decisions. We dont need to be given back to, to an extent where we are happy. They are giving back to the community by running the game, creating fantastic updates from scratch, and making it free to play. You will not make a difference when it comes to salaries and expenses.

ninjaduck
10-15-2012, 01:41 PM

Ely I completely see where your coming from but think about it. It gives players a much greater feeling of "safeness" purchasing platinum knowing they can get a little back if they don't use that item anymore. Which could possibly boost sales rather than lower them. People don't have an endless supply of plat bought items:) and 1/4 of the cost is what you get back so it'll be very hard for u to even get 200 plat from all your plat bought items. Barely over 100 for the 500 plat OCD helm

TO THE DEVS: I really hope you guys consider this.

Youre not looking at the big picture. 100 people buy 3 OCDs each. If refunded at this ambiguous 1/ 4 rate, thats 37500 plats worth of potential sales. 1 person buys a 40 plat shield? Sure 10 plat refund. Thats not alot right? What about 500 of these refunds. 5000 potential plats sales gone. What about 5000 refunds. 50,000 potential sales. Look at the bigger picture.

Yea sure it makes PL players happy. Yay. What about the developers? Ive already mentioned the sales point of view. They aren't exactly going to get hundreds of new players flocking in because of the PLATINUM REFUND SYSTEM. And even with that in mind, PL isnt rapidly losing players because of the LACK OF A PLAT REFUND SYSTEM. So tell me, Rushorgtfo, what would make developers want to add this to the game. To make a few hundred players happy? No. I didnt think so.

ely
10-15-2012, 01:49 PM
U gotta realize the majority of people buying the ocd arent gonna get rid of it
If u get the 500 for it you will wanna show it off

ninjaduck
10-15-2012, 01:51 PM

Good point. Fast forward 1-2 years and OCDs aren't looked upon as cool anymore. Just an idea, but a legitimate argument, so thank you :)

ely
10-15-2012, 01:53 PM

Good point. Fast forward 1-2 years and OCDs aren't looked upon as cool anymore. Just an idea, but a legitimate argument, so thank you :)

Psssh that will never happen

ely
10-15-2012, 01:54 PM
They should also add real OCDs to the sts merchandise :D

ninjaduck
10-15-2012, 03:10 PM
It would be so heavy with all that gold/silver/ black metal :D

Kraze
10-15-2012, 03:18 PM

They took away the liq for gold because people were buying cheap items and would liq for to artificially boost gold way back in the day.