PDA

View Full Version : Would anybody be interested?

MightyMicah
10-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Hello spacetime community and thanks for checking out my humble thread!

I decided I've been sitting on my bum for too long and not contributing to the PL community hardly at all. It's time I got busy! I had this brilliant idea, or so I think. You guys can be the ones to let me know if it really is a good idea ;)

Is it just me, or does the PL music...well, frankly, suck! I mean it's not STS fault at all! They just hadn't met me yet when they made the game! ;) Haha I kid, I kid. Anyways, I started to get my brain moving and I do believe I've come up with some excellent holiday themed PL music twists! In other words, I take the basic forest haven/menu them and mash it with Christmas and Halloween (basically spooky) music. The problem is, these tunes only exist in my head! I need to actually make them.

My question to you guys is, would anyone even care or be interested to hear what I can come up with? Or would I be creating these themes for no reason at all? After all, if they amount to nothing, I might as well just keep them in my head.

Here's all of the finished work from various other songs I've composed so far-
http://soundcloud.com/search?q%5Bfulltext%5D=Micah+greaney
(Lemme know if the link fails)

Edit~ By the way, just to clarify, I love the PL music in Forest Haven and on the menu screen, but everywhere else seems lacking to me. I would almost wanna say "what music?" If someone asked me if I know the pvp music or the AO music. They really have nothing more than simple drum beats. That's precisely why I wanna come up with my own music for each section of the game, starting with the holiday events.

Well, what do you think?! Can I do it?! Should I do it?!
~MM

Brave Sir Robin
10-15-2012, 11:33 AM
Yes, I would be interested. I liked the piece you posted the other day a lot.

GoodSyntax
10-15-2012, 11:50 AM
I like them - Please do more!

I think that Gerudo Valley in particular would be very fitting for Forest Haven maps.

Some take me back to my 8-bit glory days with NES. And a few sound oddly familiar - like a Final Fantasy theme.

Keep em coming!

ethan123
10-15-2012, 11:50 AM
I am not a big forum poster, but a huge lurker. I for one ****ing love your good time cover, I vote your good time cover to play really loud in all pvp matches and never be turned off. Cos I love pvp and that song!

ely
10-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Hello spacetime community and thanks for checking out my humble thread!

I decided I've been sitting on my bum for too long and not contributing to the PL community hardly at all. It's time I got busy! I had this brilliant idea, or so I think. You guys can be the ones to let me know if it really is a good idea ;)

Is it just me, or does the PL music...well, frankly, suck! I mean it's not STS fault at all! They just hadn't met me yet when they made the game! ;) Haha I kid, I kid. Anyways, I started to get my brain moving and I do believe I've come up with some excellent holiday themed PL music twists! In other words, I take the basic forest haven/menu them and mash it with Christmas and Halloween (basically spooky) music. The problem is, these tunes only exist in my head! I need to actually make them.

My question to you guys is, would anyone even care or be interested to hear what I can come up with? Or would I be creating these themes for no reason at all? After all, if they amount to nothing, I might as well just keep them in my head.

Here's all of the finished work from various other songs I've composed so far-
http://soundcloud.com/search?q%5Bfulltext%5D=Micah+greaney
(Lemme know if the link fails)

Well, what do you think?! Can I do it?! Should I do it?!
~MM

I vote u for goa if u do

Yich
10-15-2012, 01:25 PM
I keep PL on mute. Always. Anyone in the room with me must also have it on mute if they are playing PL.

Energizeric
10-15-2012, 01:28 PM
I actually own a music production company, and this is exactly what we do. We produce music for television programs, commercials, feature films, video games, etc. It's known in the industry as "production music" or "library music" and I'm guessing STS probably obtained their music from a company like ours. That being said, I think the music fits the game very well and was well chosen! Just my opinion though.

Multibird
10-15-2012, 02:00 PM
Pretty Good!

MightyMicah
10-15-2012, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys! Keep it coming!

Mage till the end
10-15-2012, 11:17 PM
Maybe some lil Wayne, Kayne West, Flo Rida.

WarTornBird
10-15-2012, 11:24 PM
Please no, maybe something everyone likes.

McBain
10-15-2012, 11:44 PM
I always have it on mute and listen to my own choons when playing, so I don't really even know what the PL music is like, to be honest. It's worth a shot though! What I would do first is probably email STS directly and inquire about it, because there may be a reason why they're using the music they use. Like Energizeric said, it may be some kinda "generic" game music they purchased, or it might have been done personally by someone at STS.

saool
10-15-2012, 11:54 PM

There will never ever be something everyone likes...it's so sad, and so true lol

WarTornBird
10-16-2012, 12:17 AM

There will never ever be something everyone likes...it's so sad, and so true lol
Ok negative Nancy music teacher, elevator music, BAM. Who doesn't jam out that standing in an elevator?

McBain
10-16-2012, 01:07 AM
It's funny, I don't remember ever being in an elevator that actually played music.

vampinoy
10-16-2012, 03:21 AM
Wow!!! These are awesome tracks. They should hire you or something. I'll be following your work for sure.

PS: I'm playing "Happy Song" right now, I love it, reminds me of Chocobo song LOL.

saool
10-16-2012, 03:33 AM

Ok negative Nancy music teacher, elevator music, BAM. Who doesn't jam out that standing in an elevator?

Haha XD touche!