PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Check This Out

Commanderkeen
10-15-2012, 11:21 AM
I was surfing and found this website where they have a 41 min voice interview with STS about AL. They talk about pets, PvP, release, and free roaming.

The pets they talk about are a dog, turtle, and panther. Also give you the starting bonuses the pets give you too.

They talk about the warrior having two skill trees, one called warlord (dps) and the other guardian (tank). They also said the sorcerer has a heal skill tree.

With free roaming they said you can walk out of the town follow the road and enter a combat zone.

I saved the best for last, the release date. They said STS wants to release it before Thanksgiving.

Here's the link, I suggest you listen to the whole thing I only listed a few things they chatted about.

http://www.aristogamer.net/2012/10/arcane-legends-preview.html?m=1

octavos
10-15-2012, 11:32 AM
I was surfing and found this website where they have a 41 min voice interview with STS about AL. They talk about pets, PvP, release, and free roaming.

The pets they talk about are a dog, turtle, and panther. Also give you the starting bonuses the pets give you too.

They talk about the warrior having two skill trees, one called warlord (dps) and the other guardian (tank). They also said the sorcerer has a heal skill tree.

With free roaming they said you can walk out of the town follow the road and enter a combat zone.

I saved the best for last, the release date. They said STS wants to release it before Thanksgiving.

Here's the link, I suggest you listen to the whole thing I only listed a few things they chatted about.

http://www.aristogamer.net/2012/10/arcane-legends-preview.html?m=1

ill organise these better.... :ghost: BTW thanks Keen :D Listening atm....with Marketing man Fernando AKA Rico Suave lol.
this is a essentially a summery of sound recording

fast forward...to 3:00min...its the spiritual successor to PL.

40 pets...early to mid november...(40 different pets...buy or find.different bonuses)

they grow assist in combat. new cinematics helps tell story...art style (yea looks cool looks like zelda windwaker cellshading)

PL is still flagship...AL will be the best seller with features what players want. Combos are available....in-depth chat system

Diablo 3 esue

monkey with stats... multiple paths as stated above (keens blurb)

skills charge like DL

destructibles yay

enemies dodge

biggest leap from old games...combos / charge attacks

if your alone...pets and characters level at different times

pups/dogs +5 damage, others can give +5 dex

AH/CS itemization very important

Story is very focused on cinematics...which helps tons to tell story...hopes it goes to other games.

Black friday could couse issues XD if released...but nice to have something to play

STS has rabid fans XD lol

demographic 18-34 (sweet) PL tons of lady players lol

Final fantasy chat -_-

looking at windows 8 mobile... under consideration maybe but not likely same with console (IMO: licensing sucks...it does cost a bit)

support widescreen

Spacetime engine, helps to all games...maybe incorporated to pl,dl,sl

O&C like WoW....takes to much time...but friendly rivalry :D ---IMO: but might want to edit out NCSoft comment :X---

MODS should be illegal *for certain games

Then it concluded with a drink lol.

Commanderkeen
10-15-2012, 11:42 AM
ill organise these better.... :ghost: BTW thanks Keen :D Listening atm....

fast forward...to 3:00min...its the spiritual successor to PL.

40 pets...early to mid november...(40 different pets...buy or find.different bonuses)

they grow assist in combat. new cinematics helps tell story...art style (yea looks cool looks like zelda windwaker cellshading)

PL is still flagship...AL will be the best seller with features what players want. Combos are available....in-depth chat system

Diablo 3 esue

No prob bud, found this during lunch break. I was riding the 60in mower while listening to it and thinking people will wanna hear this and thanks for listing everything out I'm to lazy for all that.

Rawrimafish
10-15-2012, 11:49 AM
wow nice keen

Skeletonlord
10-15-2012, 11:52 AM
I says "full interview here". Just a blank space.

Astrocat
10-15-2012, 11:52 AM
Nice! But thanks giving is in more than a month.. :(.

octavos
10-15-2012, 12:10 PM
done, very nice and informative chat..look above for summery.

Skeletonlord
10-15-2012, 12:43 PM
Good find!

Not that much longer now! "Early to Mid November" - Not long now!

"Before thanksgiving" - Done some research, Thanksgiving in the USA is the 22nd, so it should be around the 10th-22nd?

Snakespeare
10-15-2012, 01:41 PM
Can't figure out which dev this is... did anyone hear his name? And thanks for finding this audio. It's filled with juicy tidbits!

Answered some questions... we DO get to choose our first pet (puppy, turtle, or panther) and we can find more along the way.

Ahhh... I have the entire week after Thanksgiving off. I hope I will be leveling my new toons! :)

Commanderkeen
10-15-2012, 01:45 PM
Look at Ghost's post it sounded like Fernando the head of marketing.

Skeletonlord
10-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Look at Ghost's post it sounded like Fernando the head of marketing.

Yup. Sounded like him. Wasn't Cinco.

akfury
10-15-2012, 03:05 PM
Wow nice find !... :D

BodMaster
10-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Answered some questions... we DO get to choose our first pet (puppy, turtle, or panther) and we can find more along the way.

I'm just glad I didn't have to eat my hat!

Poor Bambini... but.. woop for Panther.

Cassric
10-16-2012, 09:59 AM
That director of marketing guy is crazy! ;)

Commanderkeen
10-16-2012, 11:01 AM
That director of marketing guy is crazy! ;)

Yes he sounds energetic.

Hey Cassric are you the head Dev of AL?

Garzoth
10-17-2012, 06:26 AM
18-34?! Unhappiness :(