PDA

View Full Version : OMFG

imxoriginal
10-15-2012, 03:05 PM
Ok sunday night i went to buy $89.99 platinum. Log into paypal click confirm and everything but it doesn't finish loading. The page says apache error or something of that sorts. Didn't think to check my pending transactions so i do it 5 more times thinking spacetimes studios is doing maintenance or something. WRONG i get charged 5 times and have $0 left in my bank account. What is going to happen I contacted them yesterday after i realized but of course have heard nothing back. I can't issue refund on paypal because it says it has not yet been completed but yet i have been charged on my bank account. WTF someone please enlighten me and make me feel better.

Kraze
10-15-2012, 03:07 PM
Email support

imxoriginal
10-15-2012, 03:09 PM
already did what i am saying is will they refund me?

ninjaduck
10-15-2012, 03:09 PM
This happened to me. You have to provide a buttload of evidence to prove it was just accidental. Also they dont work weekends, give it a few days. Good luck, I felt terrible after this happened.

imxoriginal
10-15-2012, 03:13 PM
F me how much damn evidence like the actual page where i received the error because i didn't save that. This is honestly screwed up spent so much time working to get my money for a car and now it's all gone because of their system. IM 16 years old and feel like i got scammed out of all my money.

Energizeric
10-15-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm guessing it shouldn't be a problem. STS seems pretty reasonable and your story seems very believable. Just give them a day or two to get to it. They're pretty busy this week.

imxoriginal
10-15-2012, 03:15 PM
Thank you for your reply worse comes to worse if i have to prove the page i will attempt to buy $1.99 of plat and hopefully the same page will come up. :C

Rare
10-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Thank you for your reply worse comes to worse if i have to prove the page i will attempt to buy $1.99 of plat and hopefully the same page will come up. :C

I'm guessing if you said it was accidental they will refund you without any proof.

I know some that bought it on purpose and asked for a refund and they still gave it.

imxoriginal
10-15-2012, 03:19 PM
I don't know why anyone would need 10000 plat that is $400 plus that is ridiculous!! I do really love pl but not that much.

StompArtist
10-15-2012, 03:20 PM
I don't know why anyone would need 10000 plat that is $400 plus that is ridiculous!! I do really love pl but not that much.

Look at it this way... you don't need mages anymore!

ZHEOTARE
10-15-2012, 03:23 PM
F me how much damn evidence like the actual page where i received the error because i didn't save that. This is honestly screwed up spent so much time working to get my money for a car and now it's all gone because of their system. IM 16 years old and feel like i got scammed out of all my money.

You didn't get scammed. It was a lesson learned. When the computer does that, just wait, check your balances, or transaction history to see if it went through before trying again.

There are two things you can do. Email support. They work M-F so they wouldn't have answered you yesterday. I'm sure they will help you out. The other option is to call your bank, or credit card company, and explain it to them. They will usually stop the transaction.

It is frustrating, but it will work out for you.

CrimsonTider
10-15-2012, 03:29 PM
And to add to what Z said, do what I do: use a type of gift card. This keeps your account safe and limits the amount you can spend to that particular amount.

imxoriginal
10-15-2012, 03:30 PM
Agreed, lesson well learned for now on I am just buying gift cards at my job instead of paypal. Will save me a headache.

cookiez
10-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Why would you spend nearly $100 on a video game?

Plaguemaw
10-15-2012, 04:18 PM

How much have you spent on Xbox and ps3 games and accessories?

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

Ptaka
10-15-2012, 04:55 PM

Should change your comment to "this video game" instead of "a video game". You can, pretty much, get everything for free. I haven't spent a real nickel, am at level 71. Sure, I'm not running around with that giant lion's head, but, hey, i'm havin' fun...

Bebsi
10-15-2012, 05:00 PM
I posted this a long time ago, but they never addressed the problem.
I'm still getting the same error message.

On different occasions I posted about the bug but yea...

I'm sorry, but u might have to use up the plat.
It happened to me too :/

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?60794-Trouble-buying-plat&p=681937#post681937

ely
10-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Somebody has to, if no one spent money on it, i dont think the freeloaders would be enjoying the game

Snakespeare
10-15-2012, 05:03 PM
About giftcards, I have found you can associate an American Express giftcard with your Google Wallet. As others have said, it's much safer. Then I buy plat through the website here and pay with Google Checkout.

Never re-click a Pay button! If you don't get confirmation online, immediately begin investigating. Never, ever, ever put the request through a second, third, fourth, etc. time! I did it once, too. Never again! yikes!

Patricks
10-15-2012, 05:05 PM

Maybe he has alot more money than you. Who knows?

He could be the sultan of Brunei for all we know.

Bebsi
10-15-2012, 05:05 PM
And to add to what Z said, do what I do: use a type of gift card. This keeps your account safe and limits the amount you can spend to that particular amount.

Yea, I use a debit card.
Every 2-3 months I debit a certain amount of cash I'm willing to spent on games or Internet auctions on to that card.

Mothwing
10-15-2012, 05:06 PM
This is scary stuff :( I hope you get it fixed soon!

Libria
10-15-2012, 05:11 PM
I'm guessing you got a screen like the one shown below. My situation was resolved through http://support.spacetimestudios.com -> Live Chat. A staff member (can't remember his name but he posts here) reversed the charge once I gave him the transaction ID, which I think I got from paypal.

The link was likely https ://auth.pocketlegends.com/WebStore/purchase_complete.jsp?transactionId=WHATEVER&utm_nooverride=1 except with your transaction ID.

Rare
10-15-2012, 05:15 PM
I posted this a long time ago, but they never addressed the problem.
I'm still getting the same error message.

On different occasions I posted about the bug but yea...

I'm sorry, but u might have to use up the plat.
It happened to me too :/

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?60794-Trouble-buying-plat&p=681937#post681937

You emailed support I'm guessing?

darthdlo
10-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Ur ok I did the same thing as long as ur acct is pending it shows as a charge but in three days the pending charge goes away and ur balance will go back to normal just remember what u had b4 and keep track of ur purchases but if u can't use n e more ur gonna have to wait till pending charge clears.

xcainnblecterx
10-15-2012, 06:01 PM
I'm sure you will get a refund, I did this threw in game with Google play store and bought $20 in plat waited maybe a hour still didn't have plat so I did it again, waited till next day still no plat. So I did it again and got all three after that so I emailed support explained the situation and got two of them refunded

imxoriginal
10-15-2012, 06:32 PM
I'm guessing you got a screen like the one shown below. My situation was resolved through http://support.spacetimestudios.com -> Live Chat. A staff member (can't remember his name but he posts here) reversed the charge once I gave him the transaction ID, which I think I got from paypal.

The link was likely https ://auth.pocketlegends.com/WebStore/purchase_complete.jsp?transactionId=WHATEVER&utm_nooverride=1 except with your transaction ID.

That is exactly what I got. This is very reassuring, THANK you so much guys was about to crap my pants if i had to tell my parents how i blew $400 plus on a game. Wouldn't have went over to well. eee

TrollerPro
10-15-2012, 06:35 PM
shouldn't be a big deal, i got double charged once and emailed support and they took care of it no problem.

imxoriginal
10-15-2012, 06:42 PM
Reason why i was freaking out was because today i couldnt buy something to eat because my debit card was declined. Come home check online and i was missing $400+. Kinda scary when you see something like that. ^^

ZHEOTARE
10-15-2012, 06:44 PM
check online and i was missing $400+. Kinda scary when you see something like that. ^^

Happens to a lot if guys after a night out at the club. Lol.

cookiez
10-15-2012, 07:10 PM

How much have you spent on Xbox and ps3 games and accessories?

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

Just a headset. Which was $10 And all my games are ones my bro has bought, I don't waste money on video games, however, my basketball shoes are $270 and I've spent alot on other things.

Deathofan
10-15-2012, 07:35 PM
One important thing! Dont even waste a platinum coin, so they can refund everything completely without a problem.

Swords
10-15-2012, 07:44 PM
Ok sunday night i went to buy $89.99 platinum. Log into paypal click confirm and everything but it doesn't finish loading. The page says apache error or something of that sorts. Didn't think to check my pending transactions so i do it 5 more times thinking spacetimes studios is doing maintenance or something. WRONG i get charged 5 times and have $0 left in my bank account. What is going to happen I contacted them yesterday after i realized but of course have heard nothing back. I can't issue refund on paypal because it says it has not yet been completed but yet i have been charged on my bank account. WTF someone please enlighten me and make me feel better.

STS doesnt work on weekends, but now you can email support@spacetimestudios.com and they can help u in no time! :)

DataPunk
10-15-2012, 07:55 PM
Just a headset. Which was $10 And all my games are ones my bro has bought, I don't waste money on video games, however, my basketball shoes are $270 and I've spent alot on other things.

270 dollars on some shoes that are 2 bucks to produce but to cheap to actually support a game u play all day long.

cookiez
10-15-2012, 08:40 PM

270 dollars on some shoes that are 2 bucks to produce but to cheap to actually support a game u play all day long.

First, I made a mistake and it's $170 and their custom built for my foot and custom colors with my number on them. A little more than $2. And unlike some people I do have a life and play this game 30-1 hr a day... Maybe more on the weekends:/

Noodleleg
10-15-2012, 08:43 PM
Maybe he has alot more money than you. Who knows?

He could be the sultan of Brunei for all we know.

There is 1 sultan of Brunei out of 7 billion people ;)!

thecrankybearsam
10-15-2012, 09:22 PM
That sucks :/ good luck

Yich
10-15-2012, 10:28 PM

I lol'd at the ambassador putting down plat buyers. Lol, if it werent for people buying plat, what would you be the ambassador of. Next time, thanks the platinum buyers, they keep the game around.

Entertaining
10-15-2012, 10:29 PM
I lol'd at the ambassador putting down plat buyers. Lol, if it werent for people buying plat, what would you be the ambassador of. Next time, thanks the platinum buyers, they keep the game around.

Doubt it.

Yich
10-15-2012, 10:30 PM
And unlike some people I do have a life and play this game 30-1 hr a day...

Does anyone else read this to mean the same thing I do? Looks to me like you're calling people no lifes. Ouch. What a great AoA you are.

Entertaining
10-15-2012, 10:33 PM
Does anyone else read this to mean the same thing I do? Looks to me like you're calling people no lifes. Ouch. What a great AoA you are.

I'm seeing it.