PDA

View Full Version : Switching is Cheating!??

Cero
10-16-2012, 12:44 AM
Today, one dude calls me "cheater" coz i switch my whole gear. Battle gears to HP regen gears during the fight.
My HP regen gears can go up to 10Hp/s. compare to 3hp/s battle gear. and lowers/sacrifies other stats.

Im not bother of him calling me cheater. What bothers me is that people misunderstands me. im only switching to take advantage. He said that im doing the same as being "naked" and heals. Well the idea is the same as naked healing Which is to heal fast but switching to regen items is totaly different from not using items at all.

So I say its not cheating. switching gears during a fight is being "smart" or "tactics" to win.
Anyways i think many PvPers today switch gears, like Implants. mines just everything.. armor , gun and implant.

akfury
10-16-2012, 01:17 AM
Nah not cheating... ;) I do the same

Mitchturbo
10-16-2012, 01:18 AM
I AGREE it ain't cheating. It's adapting to the current situation.
I do the same with my mana regeneration set.

And yes someone called the match off and yelled cheater cuz i did it LOL.
*smh*

Lololol. XD

Anecat
10-16-2012, 04:25 AM
I do it all the time but people will go out of their way to make a stupid reason on why they lost.

Mrbananaz
10-16-2012, 12:06 PM
in endgame it may be different, but in twinking, no one likes naked healers. i dont understand if ur goin all out naked or not. if u just switch GEAR, np. but if u full out najed, no one likes it. just my opinion though

Rittik
10-16-2012, 12:44 PM
why? is there some problem in gettin nakie?

Rik[Rittik]

StompArtist
10-16-2012, 12:46 PM
Yes that's almost as bad as using skills and moving out of range when attacked.

Cero
10-16-2012, 12:56 PM
why? is there some problem in gettin nakie?

Rik[Rittik]

getting naked lowers ur HP&MP pool which gives you a short amount of time getting full.

@Mrbanna, i ddnt do naked healing . what i did is switching my whole gear to get 10hp/s. allows me to heal quickly just like being naked.

ArtofWar
10-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Yes that's almost as bad as using skills and moving out of range when attacked.

lol that's what i'm doing all the time

Abadaobiran
10-16-2012, 04:31 PM
lol that's what i'm doing all the time

yeah especially in ctf

Cahaun
10-16-2012, 04:44 PM
I got killed by a nekkid Sparkling Pwnie so being nekkid isn't cheating.

akfury
10-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Lol

gison
10-16-2012, 05:29 PM
Just rush em.. Ain't that hard..
Or go naked and heal..

Sryyoulose
10-16-2012, 05:39 PM
Its on the same level as Kiting, it's fine a skill/strategy and some people gonna hate.

Mrbananaz
10-16-2012, 07:05 PM
ok, i see, that aint bad then B)

Ark
10-16-2012, 09:23 PM
No rules in PvP so, there is no such thing as "cheating" lol

asifaiab
10-16-2012, 10:23 PM
i always take those risks of hiding behind a pillar and healing, once i was versing a commando with same gear and he had same tatics as me, eveytime his health got low he hid behind a pillar and that also gave me time to heal. The battle lasted 10 minutes since i had to go to sleep, if i didnt have to go to sleep, i think the battle would be way longer.

gison
10-16-2012, 10:52 PM
i always take those risks of hiding behind a pillar and healing, once i was versing a commando with same gear and he had same tatics as me, eveytime his health got low he hid behind a pillar and that also gave me time to heal. The battle lasted 10 minutes since i had to go to sleep, if i didnt have to go to sleep, i think the battle would be way longer.

Lols, my longest fight was 45 mins VS Angelzassassin.

Ark
10-16-2012, 11:19 PM
Lols, my longest fight was 45 mins VS Angelzassassin.

was it a fist fight? lol xD

gison
10-16-2012, 11:22 PM
was it a fist fight? lol xD

Nah, we just kept running & naked healing..etc,etc.

Mrbananaz
10-17-2012, 02:07 AM
i beat angelz with my red suit :banana:

Anecat
10-18-2012, 12:11 AM
a 45 min battle? ive gone for about 20 min but that was because the com was a noob but had 6 on kinetic and heal and had plat armor.

iAmPain
10-18-2012, 12:32 AM
a 45 min battle? ive gone for about 20 min but that was because the com was a noob but had 6 on kinetic and heal and had plat armor.

Lol you should check out Pink Com v Engi.

I hope you see bbt and boz n many other pvper's hit the floor x)

PinkTwink
10-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Its not Cheating xD , and if it was.. ur taking a risk by giving them a chance to kill you, with your noob gear on ;p .. so yeh ^_^

[S]pectacular.
10-22-2012, 03:51 PM
IMO switching to a different set of armor isn't cheating, but its giving you a pretty unfair advantage to hit 10hp/s regen and hiding around a pillar to heal quickly. I'm guessing your armor set was custom battle and some form of one of the new guns (epic shotgun, epic revolver), because my hp regen is 10/s when I use that xP

Using this strategy will definitely give you the upper hand instead of a fair fight. Use at your own peril of the other team crying and team rushing xD I know that if I fought someone who did this I'd call the fight off to save my terrible kdr further humiliation

javier995
10-23-2012, 12:35 AM
pectacular.;823529]IMO switching to a different set of armor isn't cheating, but its giving you a pretty unfair advantage to hit 10hp/s regen and hiding around a pillar to heal quickly. I'm guessing your armor set was custom battle and some form of one of the new guns (epic shotgun, epic revolver), because my hp regen is 10/s when I use that xP

Using this strategy will definitely give you the upper hand instead of a fair fight. Use at your own peril of the other team crying and team rushing xD I know that if I fought someone who did this I'd call the fight off to save my terrible kdr further humiliation

Not unfair... Not an upper hand instead of a "fair" fight...

They both have an equal chance of using these healing sets; if one uses it and the other doesn't, it's not the guy who used it's problem. It's another form of strategy, like it or not, no rules in pvp.

Cero bud, it's not cheating. I got the same bs complaint on my 20 when I went from rifle to duals because my opponent went from duals to shield and went naked. I was called a noob by him because I won and I changed weapons, even tho he got naked and changed weapons too. Like it was said, people just need an excuse as to why they lost.

[S]pectacular.
10-23-2012, 02:49 PM
There's an hp regen set for operatives and engineers that still provides good stats across the board? I wasn't aware ._. Wouldn't that render the engi-specific ability to heal completely useless?

javier995
10-23-2012, 09:21 PM
pectacular.;825399]There's an hp regen set for operatives and engineers that still provides good stats across the board? I wasn't aware ._. Wouldn't that render the engi-specific ability to heal completely useless?

Not really.

Op common sets usually have more hp regen/more hp in general. Blackstar shield helps with hp as well, then there's the implant.

So... Any class can make up an hp regen set, just have to put work into figuring out what it is.

BodMaster
10-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Nah, I'd have to agree, its possible so how's it cheating.

Seen it happen when ppl put on their "noob" gear and ask for a fight then switch to their best after the start of the round.

But switching mid battle as a Strategy not to die then it's fair game.

I got killed by a nekkid Sparkling Pwnie so being nekkid isn't cheating.

Out of thanks!!! That moment made me ROFL!

Iron Hand
10-23-2012, 10:24 PM
It was not cheating but rather crying by the other because they did not know how to do it or did not think of it themselves. If they wanna cry tell 'em to go play guild wars 2 pvp with well over 50 people can be on you as soon as you spawn in. It is pure mayhem and no matter how good you are you gonna die. No matter how beast your skills, no matter how boss your weapons and no matter how fast, strong or intellegent you are, you will die. Just got through playing gw2 pvp at friends house and let me tell you it is mass chaos with as many as 120 or more ppl in at same time. We had a group of 25 people and stuck together. After 3 hours of nothing but mayhem my final taly was 1345 wins to 1289 losses. You learn real fast you have to adapt, run, hide and charge kill as many as you can before 45 arrows, 6 swords, 12 lighting bolts and who knows what else hit you in a matter of seconds. Needless to say there is no such thing as rushing, kiting or any thing else that was called cheating here. There it is just called survival.

javier995
10-23-2012, 10:45 PM
It was not cheating but rather crying by the other because they did not know how to do it or did not think of it themselves. If they wanna cry tell 'em to go play guild wars 2 pvp with well over 50 people can be on you as soon as you spawn in. It is pure mayhem and no matter how good you are you gonna die. No matter how beast your skills, no matter how boss your weapons and no matter how fast, strong or intellegent you are, you will die. Just got through playing gw2 pvp at friends house and let me tell you it is mass chaos with as many as 120 or more ppl in at same time. We had a group of 25 people and stuck together. After 3 hours of nothing but mayhem my final taly was 1345 wins to 1289 losses. You learn real fast you have to adapt, run, hide and charge kill as many as you can before 45 arrows, 6 swords, 12 lighting bolts and who knows what else hit you in a matter of seconds. Needless to say there is no such thing as rushing, kiting or any thing else that was called cheating here. There it is just called survival.

Holy crap I wanna play this so bad now. Total mayhem pvp is what I've been wanting. XD

Also want it fair tho lol.. Like even teams but total mayhem.

We need to have a fun mayhem match in the new ctf... Seems like fun.

BodMaster
10-23-2012, 11:16 PM
@Jav, WvW is unbelievable.

There has been stated there is no actual limit to how many can/could go against each other most I think so far has been around 200 v 200.

Still a lot of skill involved when after you find your footing, but not when you first enter the mayhem.

javier995
10-23-2012, 11:31 PM
@Jav, WvW is unbelievable.

There has been stated there is no actual limit to how many can/could go against each other most I think so far has been around 200 v 200.

Still a lot of skill involved when after you find your footing, but not when you first enter the mayhem.

I just wanna go in and kill kill kill lol. Idc how many times I die I just think it'd be so much fun.

BodMaster
10-23-2012, 11:38 PM
I just wanna go in and kill kill kill lol. Idc how many times I die I just think it'd be so much fun.

Same haha, heard its possible to have around 1000 in at one time (there systems could handle it), but I couldn't even imagine that haha

Mrbananaz
10-24-2012, 02:44 AM
WvW=? lol sounds promising

Cero
10-24-2012, 02:52 AM
I stop switching gears. Just got my hands on pink set(thanks to reirei)

And i thought. .......Switching isnt "fair" . YES, both players can switch but most players or 98% of end game pvp doesnt switch. YES, no rules on pvp so everything that happens is "fair" during the fight.

Ucazhaus
11-03-2012, 10:34 AM
I personally dont switch, as a full dmg op, still using custom symb.. But if u want to switch, just make both of ur sets govered in full vanitys so u cant tell. Lol

Energizer12
11-06-2012, 02:38 PM
I did the same ting with my com
©cero

Zolum
11-23-2012, 11:08 PM
It's not cheating, just don't get caught with no gear or it's over ;)

iRusher
11-24-2012, 02:02 PM
It's not cheating, just don't get caught with no gear or it's over ;)

Why u say that? I did it on my 15 and u said I cheated and fail rushed me

StompArtist
11-24-2012, 03:29 PM

Surviving is cheating!

Itoopeo
11-24-2012, 03:40 PM
My problem is mana cuz it ends when im fighting with some dodgy tank comms..