PDA

View Full Version : Veteran rewards

Ploid
11-07-2023, 01:50 AM
I just saw this, we were promised smth for old players.

Am I forgetting smth or did you guys not do the thing that you promised to do by fall 2023. It's almost winter 2024 now. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231107/6d65fa4215b5bca4d420ffdbf84cb84b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

TheBoon
11-07-2023, 02:57 AM
maybe that has been canceled

|Ares|
11-07-2023, 03:22 AM
Birthday event haven't happened yet, chill.

Ploid
11-07-2023, 03:29 AM
Birthday event haven't happened yet, chill.Only posted cuz it's specifically mentions before fall 2023, it's almost winter 2024 now ^-^

Susanne
11-07-2023, 03:36 AM
Only posted cuz it's specifically mentions before fall 2023, it's almost winter 2024 now ^-^

It's enlightening and hopefully some folk will have something to look forward to.
Thanks for posting this Ploid. 🙂

Immortal_Blood
11-07-2023, 04:43 AM
i remember that .. could be awesome . im cool though , dont want anything. catch me in the suggestions area.. ; )

Oawaoebi
11-07-2023, 05:07 AM
Comes with store phase 2

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

XLYD al
11-07-2023, 05:24 AM
what *Long time* mean? i mean i play since 9years is that long enough?

Tapatalkkal küldve az én M2007J3SG eszközömről

Tootise
11-07-2023, 05:51 AM
dearest Cinco can I please talk to you in somewhere private? I need help

QuaseT
11-07-2023, 05:56 AM
+1 dont personally care about them but there are too many empty promises

seasonedchicked
11-07-2023, 06:04 AM
what *Long time* mean? i mean i play since 9years is that long enough?

Tapatalkkal küldve az én M2007J3SG eszközömrőlTry since 2012 dec.

Sent from my SM-F936U using Tapatalk

Angelaxd
11-07-2023, 07:42 AM
I hope they don't do that, exclusivity just because it is old is unfair for the new ones

Justanutt
11-07-2023, 07:57 AM
I hope they don't do that, exclusivity just because it is old is unfair for the new ones

Fair? Why isn’t it fair? Recognizing a player been around from the first year is cool and definitely an easy way to show appreciation to the players who have stuck around.

Candylicks
11-07-2023, 08:04 AM
They actually did this in PL.

Good bump Ploid there are quite a few of us still around.

Observing
11-07-2023, 08:36 AM
So is this only gonna happen for players who started in year 1 ? I started in 2015 but I think that's also a long time playing no ?

Observing
11-07-2023, 09:01 AM
And wasn't there supposed to be something for players who purchased a certain amount of plat ?

Angelaxd
11-07-2023, 10:31 AM
Fair? Why isn’t it fair? Recognizing a player been around from the first year is cool and definitely an easy way to show appreciation to the players who have stuck around.

I'm just joking sir, unless it's 1 badge or title, it would be unfair to those who are in the player classification.

ForumJunkie
11-07-2023, 11:55 AM

I understand your perspective on recognizing long-time players who have been around since the beginning of a game or platform. It can be a way to show appreciation for their loyalty and dedication. However, it's important to strike a balance between rewarding long-time players and ensuring fairness for newcomers. Exclusivity solely based on seniority may inadvertently discourage new players from joining or enjoying the game.

Perhaps a compromise could involve offering rewards or benefits to both new and veteran players. This way, you can acknowledge the contributions of long-time players while also making the experience welcoming and appealing to newcomers. It's all about finding a fair and inclusive balance that benefits the entire gaming community.

Cinco
11-07-2023, 12:12 PM
This is still an initiative and we are still working on something that will be both cool and fair.

Just reading this thread you can see how complex it is to reach that balance :-)

We'll provide an update on this when there is something concrete and not just our hopes.

Best wishes!

ImRandy
11-07-2023, 04:46 PM
I just saw this, we were promised smth for old players.

Am I forgetting smth or did you guys not do the thing that you promised to do by fall 2023. It's almost winter 2024 now. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231107/6d65fa4215b5bca4d420ffdbf84cb84b.jpg

I can’t see where recognizing longevity of an account has any useful meaning to the game. To a player personally, of course it would but not to anyone else. And there was no promise in that quote. It was clearly an idea and still is. I’m still new to AL so somebody correct me here, but if your achievement points where displayed on your inspect page somewhere I’d know all I needed to know about your longevity or loyalty if you want to call it that.
And add to that now with the proliferation of corrupt accounts if I saw it I would immediately think you bought the account on eBay. So it would be meaningless.

They actually did this in PL.

Good bump Ploid there are quite a few of us still around.

If sts ever rewarded longevity in PL you’ll have to refresh our memories because I’ve been there since they launched on android and don’t remember it. If your talking about gear and vanities that were rewarded for founding accounts and the original level cap prizes, that recognition all went away in PL years ago I assume because of corrupt bought accounts.

Longevity is something that’s fun to compare on forum but it’s not really anything else. Besides as Cinco has proven in forum before he has an acount older than any one else’s😉

Stephencobear
11-07-2023, 10:20 PM
ok,
as to one way “old” acc were rewarded in pl

the “veteran “ vanities in pl were given depending on the age of the acc
so even a new player who stuck around would get a piece of the set after X time

but also they rewarded some for paying plat to access new maps

Adf
11-07-2023, 10:58 PM
This is still an initiative and we are still working on something that will be both cool and fair.

Just reading this thread you can see how complex it is to reach that balance :-)

We'll provide an update on this when there is something concrete and not just our hopes.

Best wishes!

Just ban the players who was in lb in halloween event. I don t know if they where humans, some of them run for 3 whole weeks. Hope winter event won t be like halloween one, no chance to attempt lb.

ForumJunkie
11-07-2023, 11:10 PM
Just ban the players who was in lb in halloween event. I don t know if they where humans, some of them run for 3 whole weeks. Hope winter event won t be like halloween one, no chance to attempt lb.

Your ban time finishes in the forum, and the first thing you do is resume the dumpster fire, huh?

Even though this is off-topic, I kinda agree with you that a thorough investigation of the top LB players who run this event should at least be checked for their log-in activity before getting the rewards because of the high possibility of some LB runners having their accounts babysitted by another player while they sleep during the Halloween event to gain an unfair advantage over others.

ZzzDmg
11-07-2023, 11:28 PM
I hope they don't do that, exclusivity just because it is old is unfair for the new onesUntradable vanity would do it

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Preview
11-08-2023, 09:28 AM
Would be nice to see older players receive something unique fingers crossed something happens :banana:

Fwend
11-08-2023, 12:15 PM
As a Pocket Legends player, these are the Veteran rewards STS have given to us.

These veteran rewards where for older players that can no longer be received

Founders' Helm
On April 20, 2011 STS gave the Founders' Helm to anyone who made their account in either April or May 2010

Shield of Gratitude
On April 18, 2011 STS gave out a shield to everyone who bought all the main campaigns before they became free on PL's first birthday

Frozen Crown of Gratitude
On March 29th, 2011 STS gave a crown to everyone who purchased the side campaigns before they released them for free on PL's second birthday.

Angelic Loyalty level 66 sets (3 classes) and vanity set
The Angelic Loyalty Reward Armor, Weapons and Vanity are granted to everyone who either:
1) had a level 66 character as of 6/19/2012
2) had spent over $50 with us
Posted by Samyhayne

These veteran rewards can still be received:

The Veteran Centurion Helm, Armor and Shield
Given to all players who have an account for 1 month, 3 months and 6 months

Pocket Legends Shield
Given to all players who have an account for 1 year

Silver Pocket Legends Shield
Given to all players who have an account for 2 years

Gold Pocket Legends Shield
Given to all players who have an account for 3 years

Switchback
11-08-2023, 12:21 PM
The rewards would be so common considering the player base i dont personally care anymore (account from Feb 2011). Waited too long, lack of loyal player consideration.

OdenTheJust
11-08-2023, 12:42 PM
They could just make it a stat like in forums or something, show account creation date. Or character creation date. I don't think people need an exclusive item. I joined during kraken expansion at some point I think, didnt level cap at the time but i mean the old level cap banners are recognition enough right?

Oawaoebi
11-08-2023, 12:46 PM
You can say every event bound vanity is an exclusive reward. You ran an event back the days for gold tier, got ur bound vanity, which nobody else ever is able to acquire

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Titanium
11-08-2023, 02:15 PM

Best wishes!

I don’t believe is so hard to make a decision to show recognition to players who spent so much time close to your game. It should work like a tier so everybody can get a piece of the cake sooner or later.

You started playing:

2years ago - a banner

4 years - vanity weapons

6 years - backpack

8 years - vanity set

10 years - aura + wisp

Same recognition should work for people who are supporting your game to buy platinum.

10k platinum - banner

50k - vanity weapons

100k - aura

150k - vanity set

200k - banner + backpack

Just an example, you guys can decide on the order but somehow this will encourage players to play / support the game.

Rewards should remain bound.

I know some people are against the rewarding system cause they didnt contribute. It’s easier to judge though.

Oakmaiden
11-08-2023, 02:57 PM
Something with a snowflake design.

ImRandy
11-08-2023, 02:59 PM
ok,

Sorry for the misunderstanding I thought you were talking about rewards or recognition that would be meaningful now. These games are way past those kind of rewards as stated below by Switch.

The rewards would be so common considering the player base i dont personally care anymore (account from Feb 2011). Waited too long, lack of loyal player consideration.

That is quite the memory refreshing list from PL. That recognition certainly had its time and place. It’s good to see that they still have meaning and a place here on forums now, and even then more so to those who were there.

You can say every event bound vanity is an exclusive reward. You ran an event back the days for gold tier, got ur bound vanity, which nobody else ever is able to acquire

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Something like this an earned reward from beginning of AL and is account bound that’s only recognized by others who were there. And then you can have that memory and conversation in game because of it. That is rewarding and building of loyalty/longevity at the same time. Or maybe something like PL did with there original level cap prizes being equipped at an NPC and you were rewarded a ring (2pc 3pc rings) that had useable stats and a noticeable effect.

They could just make it a stat like in forums or something, show account creation date. Or character creation date. I don't think people need an exclusive item. I joined during kraken expansion at some point I think, didnt level cap at the time but i mean the old level cap banners are recognition enough right?

I like this idea too. Simple, and on forums may just be the best place for it.

Hexame
11-08-2023, 05:26 PM
+1 I remembered we got veteran rewards during the lv61 expansion during the olden days and it was a Bronze Book(Recently Account Created Players), Silver Book(Fairly Old Account Creation Date) and a Golden Book(Oldest Account Creation) as a backpack vanity. It's great to see another appreciation reward come in for players, looking forward to this :p

Crocodile
11-08-2023, 07:53 PM
Cancelled due to most of veterans has been banned [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crocodile
11-08-2023, 07:55 PM
Cancelled due to most of veterans has been banned lol

Candylicks
11-08-2023, 09:59 PM
ok,

Yes this is what I mean. As long as you logged into your PL account within a certain timeframe that year, you were given the item and it was color coded based on the age of your account.

I cannot recall the item though… XD

nathan2693
11-09-2023, 01:29 AM
hmmm what about start releasing a badge for players who bought a total of 10k platinums. (i think this one is easy to make and no need to rush the vanities, auras and etc as a reward to those players who bought a total of 50k, 100k, 150k, 200k ~~~~~~~~1m+ plats, because sometimes rushing will just give a bad result leading to fail to meet a customer's expectation and satisfaction)

maybe the veteran reward will be given on December 25th. (that will be a nice Christmas present. Also whats the account age requirement to receive this veteran reward? year 2012-2013 or........?)

Alexwwe
11-09-2023, 09:19 AM
I want rewards for accounts around 2012-2016 beacause between this years where the golden age of arcane legends