PDA

View Full Version : So is the game ready?

NiN
10-16-2012, 12:05 PM
And the wait is only because apple hasnt approved it yet?

Commanderkeen
10-16-2012, 12:14 PM
This section is for AL announcements pls post this in the general discussion section.

Were not even suppose to be able to post here.

Astrocat
10-16-2012, 12:19 PM
This section is for AL announcements pls post this in the general discussion section.

Yeah true XD how did he post here lol.

Samhayne
10-16-2012, 12:23 PM

I just missed a permission. Fixed now and moved thread to General Arcane Legends Discussion.

As for the original question, no the game isn't done. Really, none of our MMO games are "done" as we are always working on improving them and adding new content. Think of the game client that we have submitted to Apple as a box. Inside the box is all the "stuff" that we keep working on. Apple is testing the box to make sure it is sound and is a properly built box. Our team is working hard to make all the stuff inside the box better (or add new stuff to it) all the time. So no, we're not just sitting around waiting for Apple, but are hard at work :)

*Zero*
10-16-2012, 12:32 PM
I just missed a permission. Fixed now and moved thread to General Arcane Legends Discussion.

As for the original question, no the game isn't done. Really, none of our MMO games are "done" as we are always working on improving them and adding new content. Think of the game client that we have submitted to Apple as a box. Inside the box is all the "stuff" that we keep working on. Apple is testing the box to make sure it is sound and is a properly built box. Our team is working hard to make all the stuff inside the box better (or add new stuff to it) all the time. So no, we're not just sitting around waiting for Apple, but are hard at work :)

Hopefully they approve AL before they start working on that awesome map from the iPhone 5 :-)

Astrocat
10-16-2012, 12:37 PM

When I first read that, I thought Samhayne was saying that Arcane Legends HAS been submitted to Apple but that they continue to work hard on it.
Then I read it again, and realised Arcane Legends HASN'T been submitted yet, because their still working hard on it.
DAYUM xD

PvE
10-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Astrocat, it seems like samhayne said they submitted their game to apple for what we call 'beta'. They are waiting for approval as been stated in previous threads meaning they have sent it in but because apple gets constant applications daily it takes time for them to get to arcane legends and fully review it. It does take time because they go through a chain of approval till its released (low end tester to check compatibility/gameplay, tester who looks if the game is worth bringing to the apple store, group of people who sit around with information givwn to see if it meets their criteria) I doubt this is the steps but I do know its just not like OH THIS WORKS, approval! I do believe within a week or two if spacetimestudios did sumbit the game that we will have news about approval and a beta-like test.

chukie
10-16-2012, 01:26 PM
i hope this will be awesome

Lowlyspy
10-16-2012, 01:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue1-lnHVkpQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

BodMaster
10-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Se7en ftw! Still one of my favs.

@Approval, What has been submitted can't just be upgraded as such either, it requires them to yet again send the version being worked on for another Approval 2+ weeks, if not rejected for any reasons that need a fix.

Astrocat
10-16-2012, 02:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue1-lnHVkpQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Out of thanks xD

*Zero*
10-17-2012, 07:45 AM
So in slow person terms:
The main game has been submitted, but the other features the devs are working on hasn't. So when main version (Box) gets approved they will send in the other features.

Zaonabiuibil
10-17-2012, 08:41 AM
That box reference made me think of an SNL skit, until I realized it wasn't forum appropriate :/

*Zero*
10-17-2012, 09:58 AM
That box reference made me think of an SNL skit, until I realized it wasn't forum appropriate :/

Its my .....in a box!

BodMaster
10-17-2012, 10:55 AM
So in slow person terms:
The main game has been submitted, but the other features the devs are working on hasn't. So when main version (Box) gets approved they will send in the other features.

Translated; So in Layman terms:-

StompArtist
10-17-2012, 10:56 AM
So when main version (Box) gets approved they will send in the other features.

Wait this is a game on CD? Where will they sell these boxes? Gamestop?

*Zero*
10-17-2012, 11:09 AM
Wait this is a game on CD? Where will they sell these boxes? Gamestop?

They are currently selling in Wal-Mart. But you Have to buy a iPhone and 3 packs of skittles to even know it's there.

BodMaster
10-17-2012, 11:12 AM
They are currently selling in Wal-Mart. But you Have to buy a iPhone and 3 packs of skittles to even know it's there.

Guess that counts me out.

MightyMicah
10-17-2012, 12:06 PM
Hmm I understood Sam to mean that the game is submitted, but just like PL, SL, and DL, it is never finished. They constantly add new content. In other words, once apple approves it, we play it. However, they still have many plans for improvements on the game. I could be wrong.

BodMaster
10-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Hmm I understood Sam to mean that the game is submitted, but just like PL, SL, and DL, it is never finished. They constantly add new content. In other words, once apple approves it, we play it. However, they still have many plans for improvements on the game. I could be wrong.

That's what he meant form his post yes. But Apple are unable to just update a version on a whim, as the game is constantly being worked on Now (not just sitting on their bums until approval) they would have to submit the new "updated" version for that approval too or Droid and iOS versions would vary. (Droid = Automatic update)

The initial approval, is a lot more important though, as obviously expected.

Astrocat
10-17-2012, 12:26 PM

If you look at the above posts, you'll see that this has been said several times ;).

MightyMicah
10-17-2012, 12:50 PM
That's what he meant form his post yes. But Apple are unable to just update a version on a whim, as the game is constantly being worked on Now (not just sitting on their bums until approval) they would have to submit the new "updated" version for that approval too or Droid and iOS versions would vary. (Droid = Automatic update)

The initial approval, is a lot more important though, as obviously expected.

Hmm this makes sense but I have a few questions.

First, not all updates have to be submitted do they? There's been plenty of patching that goes on without apple approval. I thought only big stuff like new content had to be submitted to apple. (Then you'd have to go to the App Store and hit "update app" instead of just logging in.)

Second, if not all updates must be submitted, how would apple fall behind the other devices? I mean unless they raise the cap before apple even approves the first release I don't see a problem.

I'm sure you can tell I'm thoroughly confused ;)

*Zero*
10-17-2012, 01:00 PM
Hmm this makes sense but I have a few questions.

First, not all updates have to be submitted do they? There's been plenty of patching that goes on without apple approval. I thought only big stuff like new content had to be submitted to apple. (Then you'd have to go to the App Store and hit "update app" instead of just logging in.)

Second, if not all updates must be submitted, how would apple fall behind the other devices? I mean unless they raise the cap before apple even approves the first release I don't see a problem.

I'm sure you can tell I'm thoroughly confused ;)

Nope only Content updates need approval (ver.1.0, ver 2.0). Normal updates are just put in from STS.

BodMaster
10-17-2012, 01:40 PM
You must remember we are due for a new client, that will render all Arm-v6 devices useless, so if they have already sent for it's approval with old version (version not update) with these enabled, wouldn't they have to wait for approval again?

Might work out, we will see how the timing goes, they may hold on the new client, until after release.

Snakespeare
10-17-2012, 01:51 PM
That's not how I read it, Bod. I read Sam's note to mean that, after approval, they will patch.

I'm pretty sure they only have to resubmit when the client changes. And I read what Sam said to mean they are working on patches, not the client.

MightyMicah
10-17-2012, 02:17 PM
Thanks guys! It seems that no matter what they've got the main deal submitted to apple which means we're rolling!

Zaonabiuibil
10-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Its my .....in a box!

That's the one XD

BodMaster
10-17-2012, 03:51 PM
ETA: If people are still unsure what I was referring to/not seen the thread, here's the link; www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?70041-Keeping-Pace-with-Technology-%96-Updates-to-the-Spacetime-Engine

That's not how I read it, Bod. I read Sam's note to mean that, after approval, they will patch.

I'm pretty sure they only have to resubmit when the client changes. And I read what Sam said to mean they are working on patches, not the client.

Not from reading any post, just from the time line's in which the new clients were "lead on" to be.

Unless they made the version from the new client before sending for approval, meaning no wait.

*Zero*
10-17-2012, 04:33 PM

How's is this not enough too know they have submitted the main part just read.
"Think of the game that we HAVE submitted " plain as day right there.

MightyMicah
10-17-2012, 06:00 PM

Did you read what the others said? We already established that they submitted something. Careful thought and consideration is never a bad thing. Why do you belittle those who thought it through?

Astrocat
10-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Did you read what the others said? We already established that they submitted something. Careful thought and consideration is never a bad thing. Why do you belittle those who thought it through?

Don't blame him on something you did just above.

MightyMicah
10-17-2012, 07:06 PM
Don't blame him on something you did just above.

I didn't insult anyone. I was clarifying for my own ignorance. There's a big difference.

StompArtist
10-17-2012, 07:12 PM
I didn't insult anyone. I was clarifying for my own ignorance. There's a big difference.

I will blame you for all this, just because I can!

MightyMicah
10-17-2012, 08:34 PM
I will blame you for all this, just because I can!

Y u persecutin' me?! ;)

Astrocat
10-18-2012, 03:07 AM
Lol!!

*Zero*
10-18-2012, 11:29 AM

Wow you read too much into things. I was just showing the doubters that something may have been submitted. If my typing hurt your feelings, sorry it wasnt meant too.

PxVice
10-18-2012, 11:41 AM
This is what I got out of it as well.

MightyMicah
10-18-2012, 01:34 PM
Wow you read too much into things. I was just showing the doubters that something may have been submitted. If my typing hurt your feelings, sorry it wasnt meant too.

My apologies :( sometimes its hard to tell with online stuff you know?