PDA

View Full Version : Prices for elite weapons?

Back
10-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Prices are likely to go up once new cap arrives? Correct me if I'm wrong.

WoundedEagle
10-16-2012, 02:25 PM
Correct.

Pakax
10-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Well, if u only consider that the map will be discountinued then yes. But if you consider that there might be a new elite map with even cooler higher lvl weapons and better procs, then no. I know it doesnt help - sorry.

Rare
10-16-2012, 02:31 PM
Question is though, how useful will those weapons be when new ones come out?

Weapons and armor, in general, decrease in overall value with some exceptions.

They will no longer be lootable, which would make their value increase, but if they become obsolete, then the value goes down

EDIT: In other words, what pakax said

Slambassador
10-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Eventually everything will go up probably in a cap or two, cheapest thing in cs will be gold cap
I will be richest still tho

FluffNStuff
10-16-2012, 03:32 PM
Question is though, how useful will those weapons be when new ones come out?

The usefulness of the suicidal death bomb will not change in the future, so for that weapon it really is not a factor.

Suentous PO
10-16-2012, 03:37 PM
Be careful if you are thinking of buying with he intent of selling later. That can be risky. Rarity might not translate into profit if there is little demand later.

Slambassador
10-16-2012, 03:44 PM
I'm already rich so it doesn't matter

LwMark
10-16-2012, 03:47 PM
New weapons will be better obviously, these will only mean stuff to
Twinking and collectors.
Remember it wont go to gold cap a weapon, just think about it, would u spend gold cap on a swordfish?
But prices will rise a lil bit.

McBain
10-16-2012, 03:48 PM
Regardless of their future usefulness, there will always be collectors willing to shell out gold for items that are rare or discontinued, although you may have to spend some time to find the right buyer. These also have the benefit of having a unique appearance, which is always in demand. With these considerations in mind, I would say it's a good bet that there will be a continued increase in value, especially after a year or so has passed, when many of these weapons will be falling out of circulation due to various reasons (owners becoming inactive, collector's hoarding, etc).

As has been said though, nothing is guaranteed, and investments always carry a risk.

MrSokoy
10-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Supply and demand concept. I'm sure it has been reiterated already, but here are a few variable factors I've grown to consider in my experience:

-Introduction of new items supersede the previous items, therefore skews the market prices a bit. As a result, prices on existing items will eventually level out and become prevalent.

-Merchs will continually leverage the skewed market and stabilize the prices on existing items.

-Leveling players will create demand, so if there's less supply market prices increase and visa-versa.

--Certain leveling stages adds value to items. Example: L70 to L71 leveling, the 100k xp may pressure the player to invest in a good set for the long grind. Valuable items = higher market price.

So, IMHO there is no definite right or wrong answer to your question. It just really depends on the player being at the right place at the right time. Hope this helps. :encouragement:

Rare
10-16-2012, 05:00 PM
The usefulness of the suicidal death bomb will not change in the future, so for that weapon it really is not a factor.

Very true

Rare
10-16-2012, 05:02 PM
I'm already rich so it doesn't matter

When I saw your name and the fact you don't use punctuation, I knew you were cool.