PDA

View Full Version : Substance

Heavenhatesu
10-16-2012, 07:38 PM
I have read what I could find about AL, admittedly not much. I am wondering if AL is going to have some substance, i.e. stuff to do if you don't feel like grinding, a viable endgame, pvp that isn't so item based etc. I ask this because why I like PL, it kinda peters out at the end. I am unwilling to buy elixirs to easily make 71 and lack the time to mind numbingly grind it out in the same maps over and over, and that gets boring quick. And at any rate it's just another set of maps at the end, same old stuff. I desire to know if AL is going to have substance. Anyone?

BodMaster
10-16-2012, 10:08 PM
www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?71874-Gotta-Check-This-Out

The latest info brought to light is located in this thread, in which the head of marketing has a 45 min interview regarding the game. One of the members has kindly broke down the important info.

The thing this will have that others don't, is a Story, some lore to what you are doing and why you are doing it, with continual "cinamatic cut scenes" to tell the story. (I'd call that substance, but can't exactly relate it to your questions)

Maps, I believe are a thing of the past with this, and mob will be open world, encountered by entering "danger zones". So will bring into play free roaming.

The rest I have heard is most hear say and don't hold much substance, however it is to believed that PvP will play a large part in this, with grouping up, dungeons and 10v10 PvP.

*Zero*
10-17-2012, 06:14 AM
With pets dungeon runs will be a 10 man raid now!

MightyMicah
10-18-2012, 06:46 AM
I can't rightly express my excitement about the open world and larger scale pvp!

PxVice
10-18-2012, 11:28 AM
If its completely an open world, maybe a secret dungeon out in the middle of nowhere will reveal the extremely rare magenta item. Keep people searching for something, or make fishing available. How are we going to feed the pets?

Heavenhatesu
10-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Seems promising

akfury
10-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Very promising :D... Hope they don't fail like they did with DL

BodMaster
10-23-2012, 12:58 AM
Yup, so far what's been gathered anyway, believe after the beta we will know exactly which direction it's taken, and cinematic cut scenes are in for the long haul. (Was sad to hear they had been taken away from DL after I had capped/stopped playing.

Battlegrinder
10-26-2012, 01:35 PM
More story and cut scenes would be nice. I've been toying with the idea of writing an AL novel like I am with SL, and I'm hoping that there will be enough story in the game that I can do so.
Though I'd point out that the pre-release hype for DL made it sound like it would have much more of a story element, and that when the game came up, it proved to have no such thing (in fact, I'd argue its story was weaker than either PL or SL).