PDA

View Full Version : Why does AUTHENTICATING window takes forever to finish?

WinterKate
10-17-2012, 07:57 AM
Did this ever happen to you? What is the possible reason? Enlighten me, anyone? Please? I wanna resolve this before the cap.

Griffinfan
10-17-2012, 08:09 AM
The only times this has happened to me is when my internet is unstable. Is this a reoccurring problem or does it just happen now and then? Also check (if you on Ipod/Ipad) that you don't have any apps running in back ground, I have had youtube running in the background and that messes it up alot to.

WinterKate
10-17-2012, 08:32 AM
The only times this has happened to me is when my internet is unstable. Is this a reoccurring problem or does it just happen now and then? Also check (if you on Ipod/Ipad) that you don't have any apps running in back ground, I have had youtube running in the background and that messes it up alot to.

I think this happened before. I am just anxious now because I will collect my 5 day reward in 2 hours. Lol. I have re-installed and it gets stuck somewhere. No apps are running in the background. I will observe and hope that it gets fixed. Thank you buddy!

Snakespeare
10-17-2012, 08:36 AM
It happens to me when I am riding the bus. The 4G LTE towers seem to be too far apart. Sometimes I turn off LTE and use 3G but even so I still get connection lag. Starbucks' wifi has also gotten quite crappy, so it happens there, too. At home, however, I have a state-of-the-art wifi (unless "n" is already outmoded), and never get this message.

When STS' servers are down there is a different message. So that condition is really caused by the equipment between your device and their servers, or the lack.

StompArtist
10-17-2012, 08:39 AM
It happens to me when I am riding the bus. The 4G LTE towers seem to be too far apart. Sometimes I turn off LTE and use 3G but even so I still get connection lag. Starbucks' wifi has also gotten quite crappy, so it happens there, too. At home, however, I have a state-of-the-art wifi (unless "n" is already outmoded), and never get this message.

When STS' servers are down there is a different message. So that condition is really caused by the equipment between your device and their servers, or the lack.

That still doesn't explain why I have the same issue on my phone (as well as lag) in PL/SL/DL at home yet can play GW2 and TSW over wireless with my laptop without any lag whatsoever. Something needs optimizing, imo.

WinterKate
10-17-2012, 08:40 AM

I also guessed this one. I was trying to collect people's responses who had the same problem as mine, to confirm my suspicions, though. Thank you very much Snake. :)

dudetus
10-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Punch it.