PDA

View Full Version : Use of Discord

Vbux83937282
11-17-2023, 08:45 AM
In my opinion, Tapatalk is quite confusing for newer players to navigate and use. Needing to create an account with a username that might be taken leads to a lot of confusion. Id say, just use Discord. A lot more simpler to navigate through and has a lot more features. And im pretty sure a lot more people have Discord than Tapatalk.

Sent from my SM-N986N using Tapatalk

OdenTheJust
11-17-2023, 11:00 AM
This is probably because this forum is either a homebrew or the api that was used to create it is old enough it does not have many modern integrations. TapiTalk most likely integrates with their websites forums without needing support or dev work. There are not many devs working on this team so they need to focus on new content for the game. Migrating all the information that is on this forum would also be a massive task since this forum has been around since 2010.

Vbux83937282
11-18-2023, 10:53 PM
This is probably because this forum is either a homebrew or the api that was used to create it is old enough it does not have many modern integrations. TapiTalk most likely integrates with their websites forums without needing support or dev work. There are not many devs working on this team so they need to focus on new content for the game. Migrating all the information that is on this forum would also be a massive task since this forum has been around since 2010.Realistically speaking, I doubt anyone uses the STS official website. As for all the information since 2010, pretty much 99.5% of all threads are no longer needed. Just import the rules and other important information over to Discord and let people create threads there to sell their gears that they are selling right now over there. Im pretty sure a lot more people would rather use Discord right now than sell their gears via threads on Tapatalk.

asommers
11-18-2023, 11:17 PM
Sorry, no plans to do this. We use vBulletin 4 for our forum software. Although you can interact with the forums through Tapatalk, I can't speak about the Tapatalk interface since I have never used it. Probably best to access the forums through a web browser.

-ALS

Vbux83937282
11-19-2023, 06:35 AM
Sorry, no plans to do this. We use vBulletin 4 for our forum software. Although you can interact with the forums through Tapatalk, I can't speak about the Tapatalk interface since I have never used it. Probably best to access the forums through a web browser.

-ALSYeah but vBulletin 4 isnt going to get updated much further. Not only that, it came out almost 15 years ago. I doubt many users access the forums via the website and are using Tapatalk but even so, having a discord is just much more convinient for many new and old players alike.

Stephencobear
11-19-2023, 01:58 PM
I stopped using discord when I learned in the past they stole info, key logged, & stored info on unsecured foreign servers

Remember, if the app is free,YOU may be the product that’s sold