PDA

View Full Version : Crossing my fingers

Reunegade
10-17-2012, 04:56 PM
Hopefully we won't complain about the new OP shield that is coming out. I mean seriously, just listen. First, we complained that the Shield of Gratitude shouldn't have stats. Then, STS listened, and then NERFED the Shield of Gratitude. Then they complained that the founder's helmet was OP and shouldn't have stats. And look at us now! 100% of the threads aren't about complaining about the founder's helmet anymore. Then, we complained that the UI was terrible. Right now, nobody is complaining about the UI! After that, STS made the Forgotten Treasures campaign! Then, everyone complained. Look at us now. None, and I repeat, NONE of the threads is about complaining about the OP bows. So just don't waste your time complaining. Instead, enjoy the game how it is. If you think it's terrible, then don't play. As simple as that. And if people do start to complain about the new OP shield that will be rewarded to people who made it to 76 in 4 days starting on Thursday, then I'll just wait until the whining stops and see that I'm right.

nomad187
10-17-2012, 05:10 PM
Well said sir. I definitely agree that people will over react, and we will see multiple people complaining in multiple threads about the same thing. You hit the nail on the had with "if you don't like it, don't play".

One point though. You're assuming it will be a shield. That hadn't been confirmed anywhere. Techno has stated that vanities will not have stats. Therefore I conclude that the only thing getting complaints is which class is now "OP"

Oh, and people getting booted for not being on elixers.

Patricks
10-17-2012, 05:13 PM
Well said sir. I definitely agree that people will over react, and we will see multiple people complaining in multiple threads about the same thing. You hit the nail on the had with "if you don't like it, don't play".

One point though. You're assuming it will be a shield. That hadn't been confirmed anywhere. Techno has stated that vanities will not have stats. Therefore I conclude that the only thing getting complaints is which class is now "OP"

Oh, and people getting booted for not being on elixers.

Hes talking about the fossilized dragon egg. Its not vanity

United
10-17-2012, 06:28 PM
Hes talking about the fossilized dragon egg. Its not vanity

what is this fossilized dragon egg?

Lowlyspy
10-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Shield of Gratitude never had stats, just so ya know. As for the egg being OP, sure compared to the gear we have now, it is OP. However it's 76 while the gear we have to compare it to now is 6 levels lower. I'm sure it will balance with the 75 gear so it isn't as OP as it looks right now.

Suentous PO
10-17-2012, 06:31 PM
Edit- just found the 4 day thing he was talkin about. Nm

thecrankybearsam
10-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Hopefully we won't complain about the new OP shield that is coming out. I mean seriously, just listen. First, we complained that the Shield of Gratitude shouldn't have stats. Then, STS listened, and then NERFED the Shield of Gratitude. Then they complained that the founder's helmet was OP and shouldn't have stats. And look at us now! 100% of the threads aren't about complaining about the founder's helmet anymore. Then, we complained that the UI was terrible. Right now, nobody is complaining about the UI! After that, STS made the Forgotten Treasures campaign! Then, everyone complained. Look at us now. None, and I repeat, NONE of the threads is about complaining about the OP bows. So just don't waste your time complaining. Instead, enjoy the game how it is. If you think it's terrible, then don't play. As simple as that. And if people do start to complain about the new OP shield that will be rewarded to people who made it to 76 in 4 days starting on Thursday, then I'll just wait until the whining stops and see that I'm wrong
trolol

Ogbuehi
10-17-2012, 07:35 PM
What does op stand for?

Yich
10-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Every time I even hint at the fact that the forgotten bows are incredibly overpowered I get majorly ganged up on and spammed "the horse is dead", so *censor* and *censor* and pm a dev to have this waste of a thread locked. No one complains about it because you all go off on them for it, even when the thing they are complaining about doesn't affect you.

Swords
10-17-2012, 07:46 PM
Hopefully we won't complain about the new OP shield that is coming out. I mean seriously, just listen. First, we complained that the Shield of Gratitude shouldn't have stats. Then, STS listened, and then NERFED the Shield of Gratitude. Then they complained that the founder's helmet was OP and shouldn't have stats. And look at us now! 100% of the threads aren't about complaining about the founder's helmet anymore. Then, we complained that the UI was terrible. Right now, nobody is complaining about the UI! After that, STS made the Forgotten Treasures campaign! Then, everyone complained. Look at us now. None, and I repeat, NONE of the threads is about complaining about the OP bows. So just don't waste your time complaining. Instead, enjoy the game how it is. If you think it's terrible, then don't play. As simple as that. And if people do start to complain about the new OP shield that will be rewarded to people who made it to 76 in 4 days starting on Thursday, then I'll just wait until the whining stops and see that I'm right.

Shield wont be OP and shield of gratiude have never had stats, The shield would be a just plain vanity shield with no vanity set bonus, so tell me: how is this shield OP?

Energizeric
10-17-2012, 07:54 PM
I don't complain about new items, I only complain when they take old items and mess with them, especially when they mess with drop rates, or if they mess with dragon vanity stats, or stuff like that. I understand people are sometimes unhappy with certain new items whether they be OP or too rare, or too common, but what I have witnessed is that changing it just makes things worse. Better to just leave as is and learn from mistakes for next time.

Shellkaz
10-17-2012, 08:13 PM
What does op stand for?

In this case OP stands for Over Powered. In some cases it can also refer to to the Original Poster. You have to look at what is being said to determine which one is being referenced.

Entertaining
10-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Every time I even hint at the fact that the forgotten bows are incredibly overpowered I get majorly ganged up on and spammed "the horse is dead", so *censor* and *censor* and pm a dev to have this waste of a thread locked. No one complains about it because you all go off on them for it, even when the thing they are complaining about doesn't affect you.

Exactly.

nomad187
10-17-2012, 09:09 PM

I have learned two things. A-you can't seem to let things go. B-you seem to think that bringing up the forgotten items at every chance well somehow change them.

As you've told others about pve... If you don't like something, host your own game. So host your own game, and boot people wearing forgotten weapons.

Hope this helps you resolve the hate you have for all the forgotten twinks. Or STS. Whichever you hate more.

Yich
10-17-2012, 09:14 PM
I have learned two things. A-you can't seem to let things go. B-you seem to think that bringing up the forgotten items at every chance well somehow change them.

As you've told others about pve... If you don't like something, host your own game. So host your own game, and boot people wearing forgotten weapons.

Hope this helps you resolve the hate you have for all the forgotten twinks. Or STS. Whichever you hate more.

First off, I cant boot forgotten users due to a silly bug. Nice idea though. Next, I dont hate STS, if I did I wouldnt put a dime into their game. I may question their decisions at times, but no business is perfect. You're just another sad example of someone who goes off on anyone for even thinking that the f bows are op, as thid whole thread was based around "well everyone quit complaining, they must agree with us now". This is so far from the truth that it would make me sad, if I had emotions.

Piosidon
10-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Shield of Gratitude never had stats, just so ya know.
actually it did when it first came out

Waug
10-17-2012, 11:51 PM
The point above all, everyone complain from his personal point of view, very few are smart and great enough to think for all.

As from the developers point, they really need to thnk for all, even who are not paying them directly.

Drizzid
10-18-2012, 03:48 AM
Why even bring it up?

There will be the typical reaction that we get anytime there's a change to the game. Lots of crying, pointless threads and wasted time.

One day people will learn to adapt to things out of their control and take change in stride. Sadly I don't think that it will be this weekend.

nomad187
10-18-2012, 04:49 AM
You're just another sad example of someone who goes off on anyone for even thinking that the f bows are op, as thid whole thread was based around "well everyone quit complaining, they must agree with us now". This is so far from the truth that it would make me sad, if I had emotions.

Correction... I'm not going off on you for thinking the forgotten bows are op. Hell, I know they are, and I don't PVP. I'm going off because you can't seem to let it go. There is a difference.

I also don't think the OP was saying don't complain, you must agree with us. He was stating control your emotions. Examples if going overboard... You and the forgotten weapons. Vampinoy and the elite weapons. It's one thing to voice your opinion, and have a discussion about it. It's another to start multiple threads, post on numerous other threads, all complaining. You constantly bringing it up says you only want us to agree with you.

lilweezy
10-18-2012, 06:25 AM
do you live in china where your opinion doesn't matter and the government is never wrong? it seems like you prefer to just take things as they are whether its for the good or worse. if nobody complained (gave feedback) then sts should be concerned.

"if you dont like it then dont play" - that's communism in one sentence

Reunegade
10-18-2012, 06:40 AM
I never said I disagreed with you about the OP bows. I'm saying what point is there in complaining? The devs can seek where there mistakes are, and they can fix it. Sure, it may not come exactly the next day, but can't you wait?

nmyxspaceship
10-18-2012, 07:33 AM
Well guys, it'll will be what YOU make it out to be.

Yich
10-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Correction... I'm not going off on you for thinking the forgotten bows are op. Hell, I know they are, and I don't PVP. I'm going off because you can't seem to let it go. There is a difference.

I also don't think the OP was saying don't complain, you must agree with us. He was stating control your emotions. Examples if going overboard... You and the forgotten weapons. Vampinoy and the elite weapons. It's one thing to voice your opinion, and have a discussion about it. It's another to start multiple threads, post on numerous other threads, all complaining. You constantly bringing it up says you only want us to agree with you.

I dont think I even have to provide any agruement against this. The falsity with which this was written speaks for itself.

Edit: this thread. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?70564-The-forgotten-difference&highlight=Yich+forgotten+xbow

Nuff said

nmyxspaceship
10-18-2012, 10:50 AM
[QUOTE=nomad187;818452]Correction... I'm not going off on you for thinking the forgotten bows are op. Hell, I know they are, and I don't PVP. I'm going off because you can't seem to let it go. There is a difference.

Your argument is invalid.

Lowlyspy
10-18-2012, 10:54 AM
You sure? I was on the first day the SoG came out and i don't recall any stats.

Yich
10-18-2012, 11:01 AM
[QUOTE=Yich;818748]

Your argument is invalid.

Check dat link.

On topic, there are plenty of cookie cutter examples here of people that dont do low level but still want to try to silence me from complaining about the bows. I only "shut up" because the noobie forumers troll and flame me. Then you have to go and bring it back up again and throw it in my face. Game or not, I spend time and money on it, and I dont need think I need to explain why im angered when none of you even face the same problem I do.

Derp, make your own game and boot them yich. Good idea, too bad i cant. No amount of skill will allow a bear to beat a half decent bird with an f bow. Id be willing to put all kinds of gold on that. Also, the fights are less fun due to much quicker fights. Mages are underpowered horribly. Support mages are virtually non existant. Its all f bow. Always.

nomad187
10-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Which point are you saying is invalid? I'd say you just proved my point that you can't let it go. The forgotten came out around 8/14. You started that thread on 9/30, and you're still talking about it on 10/18.

So what other point are you saying is invalid??

Drizzid
10-18-2012, 01:03 PM
do you live in china where your opinion doesn't matter and the government is never wrong? it seems like you prefer to just take things as they are whether its for the good or worse. if nobody complained (gave feedback) then sts should be concerned.

"if you dont like it then dont play" - that's communism in one sentence

Comparing a video game to communism doesn't even begin to show how young and ignorant you are. Difference is no one is forcing you to play and you are entirely free to do whatever you want. STS is a privately owned company, and has the full ability to do what they please with this game; whether you like it or not.

There's also a huge difference between consistent whining and constructive criticism, but I don't expect many people here to grasp that concept. For every well put together thread there are 15 incoherent pages of words, usually in half caps, describing the grave injustice they are being forced to deal with. Most days it's sad, sometimes it borders on pathetic.

I'm sure a lot of the devs feel this way, they just can't publicly express it. Don't like it? Don't play.

Zapoke
10-18-2012, 01:10 PM
You sure? I was on the first day the SoG came out and i don't recall any stats.

It did. It had 20 armor. I remember cuz I made a level 5 Mage for it. ;)
I don't recall people complaining, however..

Lowlyspy
10-18-2012, 02:53 PM
Really? Huh, guess i didn't pay close enough attention. I definitely never saw any complaining about it :p

Yich
10-18-2012, 02:54 PM
Which point are you saying is invalid? I'd say you just proved my point that you can't let it go. The forgotten came out around 8/14. You started that thread on 9/30, and you're still talking about it on 10/18.

I think it's only fair to point out that the original poster pointed it out first. Once again, your point means nothing to me. If there is a problem, I will point it out to those who can make a solution, no matter how long it takes. You said it yourself, that update had nothing to do with you. If that's true, then why would you even post about it? Nothing you will say about it matters to me or anyone else who does low level. I'm still on a desperate search for anyone that can actually argue against nerfing the F bows, and not just tell me to quit complaining. That day will never come, trust me.

nomad187
10-18-2012, 07:42 PM

I think it's only fair to point out that the original poster pointed it out first. Once again, your point means nothing to me. If there is a problem, I will point it out to those who can make a solution, no matter how long it takes. You said it yourself, that update had nothing to do with you. If that's true, then why would you even post about it? Nothing you will say about it matters to me or anyone else who does low level. I'm still on a desperate search for anyone that can actually argue against nerfing the F bows, and not just tell me to quit complaining. That day will never come, trust me.

There have been plenty of people that have tried to debate the points with you. You chose not to see any other solution except the one you want. So people quit debating it with you.

So again, how was my point that you don't know how to let things go become invalid? Or is it that as you just said it means nothing to you? That would make my point valid, and proven.

Yich
10-19-2012, 10:59 AM
There have been plenty of people that have tried to debate the points with you. You chose not to see any other solution except the one you want. So people quit debating it with you.

So again, how was my point that you don't know how to let things go become invalid? Or is it that as you just said it means nothing to you? That would make my point valid, and proven.

You talk about it like its something that happened before and no longer matters. It affects me every time I join a game. Dont go with the classic "just buy one", as only a fool would think I dont have any. Its overpowered, its a problem i deal with on a near daily basis, it does more harm than good and that will be obvious when no one has an f bow and they get destroyed because of it. People have given up arguing against me, theyve also turned to just trolling me, the occasional flame and flat out "quit whining". Thats all fine and dandy for those who these bows dont affect, but there's no solid argument in existence as to why these bows should be in pvp. Its just not there. To say they gave up because I refuse to see any other option is wrong. Everyone simply switched from debate mode to sthu yich mode.

nomad187
10-19-2012, 11:47 AM

You talk about it like its something that happened before and no longer matters. It affects me every time I join a game. Dont go with the classic "just buy one", as only a fool would think I dont have any. Its overpowered, its a problem i deal with on a near daily basis, it does more harm than good and that will be obvious when no one has an f bow and they get destroyed because of it. People have given up arguing against me, theyve also turned to just trolling me, the occasional flame and flat out "quit whining". Thats all fine and dandy for those who these bows dont affect, but there's no solid argument in existence as to why these bows should be in pvp. Its just not there. To say they gave up because I refuse to see any other option is wrong. Everyone simply switched from debate mode to sthu yich mode.

They switched sthu yich because again, you can't look at that subject in any other way but how it affects you. This goes back to what the OP said... If you don't like it, don't play.

There has been talk from devs of adding armor, or other gear, to equalize everything. Instead of you being cool with that, you just want the gear removed. How is that fair to anyone??

Another point you forget... There is more to PL than PVP. Sorry, but the devs would be absolutely stupid to cater to only pvpers. The forgotten items were great additions to those who low level farm. How is taking them away from those people to apprise you fair to those people??

Take this to PM if you like. I'm done hijacking this thread. I agreed with the OPs points, and don't want to take away from it anymore.

Yich
10-19-2012, 03:50 PM
They switched sthu yich because again, you can't look at that subject in any other way but how it affects you. This goes back to what the OP said... If you don't like it, don't play.

There has been talk from devs of adding armor, or other gear, to equalize everything. Instead of you being cool with that, you just want the gear removed. How is that fair to anyone??

Another point you forget... There is more to PL than PVP. Sorry, but the devs would be absolutely stupid to cater to only pvpers. The forgotten items were great additions to those who low level farm. How is taking them away from those people to apprise you fair to those people??

Take this to PM if you like. I'm done hijacking this thread. I agreed with the OPs points, and don't want to take away from it anymore.

Here. Read that so I dont have to hijack. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?67214-PL-Today-%96-In-Depth-Analysis-and-Long-Term-Outlook&highlight=depth+analysis+forgotten

Zeus
10-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Shield of Gratitude never had stats, just so ya know. As for the egg being OP, sure compared to the gear we have now, it is OP. However it's 76 while the gear we have to compare it to now is 6 levels lower. I'm sure it will balance with the 75 gear so it isn't as OP as it looks right now.
It did, actually.

Piosidon
10-20-2012, 01:31 AM
Really? Huh, guess i didn't pay close enough attention. I definitely never saw any complaining about it :p

Cause the founders helm is the one that grinds most people's gears.