PDA

View Full Version : A Friendly Reminder From Your CS Team Part Deux

RedStapler
10-17-2012, 06:27 PM
Hey everyone! Customer Support has reported another uptick in trends of preventable problems. In this case? Accounts being stolen.

Luckily, we have a very easy solution to this problem:

No matter who asks you, NEVER EVER give your account info to someone else.

Have they promised you plat? Have they said they'd give you sweet vanities? Did they offer to help you farm gold?

Don't do it. Even if they're on the up-and-up, if they did lie and do take your account, we cannot help you reclaim your stuff.

According to our TOS (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules):

4. Never reveal your personal information.
The best way to stay safe online is to NEVER share your real name, phone number, address, email or passwords. Please do not disclose your, or anyone else’s, private information.

More importantly:

8. Impersonating another forum user, moderator, volunteer, administrator or Spacetime Studios employee is prohibited.
Please do not impersonate anyone else. It might seem funny at the time, but it can lead to a lot of confusion.

If someone says they're a Spacetime employee, mod, or volunteer, they will not, under any circumstance, request your account information. Anyone who does request that, is impersonating one of those people, and can have their account banned. (You can tell a real STS employee because their name will be in RED!)

So if this happens to you?

Report that person! Get a screenshot of their request, and email it to support@spacetimestudios.com!

We don't like that this behavior happens in our community, but we can't stop it alone.

So please, don't let these guys get your stuff.

Gnosis needs to go home and feed his dog sometime.

Thanks!!

lakersrockftw
10-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Thanks for putting this up sts in the last 6 days I heard of 4 accounts being stolen

StompArtist
10-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Consider your account like an atm card. Would you give it along with the pin to a stranger promising to deposit money in it?

Mitchturbo
10-17-2012, 07:15 PM
About Time ;-)

But there are a load of players who dont visit the forums. So maybe a pop up to come up for one time only when the player next come online.
I know i hate pop ups too... But some people just arn't getting the Message.

You can also do one for the Trade scams that people fall for.. Like don't get bullied into trading/gifting.

RedStapler
10-18-2012, 10:02 AM
You can also do one for the Trade scams that people fall for.. Like don't get bullied into trading/gifting.

I already did! (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?69958-And-Now-A-Word-From-Your-Customer-Support-Team%85)

The Flash
11-19-2012, 12:03 AM
About Time ;-)

But there are a load of players who dont visit the forums. So maybe a pop up to come up for one time only when the player next come online.
I know i hate pop ups too... But some people just arn't getting the Message.

-_- Its has this message every time you enter a town or new area. There is only so much STS can do.

Mitchturbo
11-19-2012, 12:51 AM
-_- Its has this message every time you enter a town or new area. There is only so much STS can do.

lol! It's actually amazing how many players actually ignore this Message lol XD

^_^ Shame On Them :-)

Alhuntrazeck
03-09-2013, 12:34 AM
Dang, Red, love the pics u put on your posts! Is that one of the Simpsons?

Zeus
05-18-2013, 08:16 PM
Consider your account like an atm card. Would you give it along with the pin to a stranger promising to deposit money in it?

That would sound like a good idea if I were drunk.

KingFu
05-19-2013, 01:07 AM
Dang, Red, love the pics u put on your posts! Is that one of the Simpsons?

You did not just ask that...

Alhuntrazeck
06-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Actually, yes. It's been a decade or so since I've last seen em

Henry Phu
06-07-2013, 10:29 PM
Beware of user stsfree