Mage till the end
10-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Hm that's not very exclusive anymore :(

thecrankybearsam
10-17-2012, 07:20 PM
what micah said

TANKKAAR
10-17-2012, 07:22 PM
Plat purchased rings were never exclusive.

The only change to happen is a new ELITE ring will be traded to all players who "already" own 2 or 3 elite vanities.

All current purchased rings will remain and can still be equipped (however you can no longer stack the plat rings with elite bonus as they are both rings and devs have not commented as to whether we will get a new vanity ring slot)

Lowlyspy
10-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Why would we get a vanity ring slot? The elite rings are rings so they would go in the ring slot.

TANKKAAR
10-17-2012, 07:32 PM
Why would we get a vanity ring slot? The elite rings are rings so they would go in the ring slot.

Hey man..... A person can hope, No?

Besides considering that fact they are "VANITIES" being turned into a ring........ ill let you figure out the rest, but either way im hoping for an extra slot (no matter what you want to call it) :)

Lowlyspy
10-17-2012, 07:39 PM
I don't see it that way, i see it as the elite stat givers being replaced. I don't think a little less armor and dodge will kill ya :p

Swords
10-17-2012, 07:42 PM
Will they stay after cap is changed?

If u mean regular 5 and 10 plat rings then yes

Jcyee
10-17-2012, 08:12 PM
Plat purchased rings were never exclusive.

The only change to happen is a new ELITE ring will be traded to all players who "already" own 2 or 3 elite vanities.

All current purchased rings will remain and can still be equipped (however you can no longer stack the plat rings with elite bonus as they are both rings and devs have not commented as to whether we will get a new vanity ring slot)

traded? O.o what do you mean? or did you mean something? pls tell me you meant something else lol

maybe i didnt read sam's post carefully. ill look it over right now...

TANKKAAR
10-17-2012, 08:22 PM
traded? O.o what do you mean? or did you mean something? pls tell me you meant something else lol

maybe i didnt read sam's post carefully. ill look it over right now...

The stats will be traded :-) nothing else.

Rare
10-17-2012, 08:59 PM
Hm that's not very exclusive anymore :(

The rings are not meant to be exclusive

Jcyee
10-17-2012, 09:51 PM
The stats will be traded :-) nothing else.

oh ic. so our elite vanities will still be vanities, just no stats anymore. but the stats will go to the ring.

about the op: i kinda hope that the rings go away after the cap or even a few days after the release because like mage till the end mentioned, the exclusivity of the 3 vanity elite bonus will be much more common.
maybe we should have a 4 or 5 vanity ring lol

McBain
10-17-2012, 09:58 PM
I don't really see the point in all this. Taking away the vanity stats and putting them on a ring instead? Sounds like six of one, half-dozen of the other. Will these rings be available to future players who gain multiple cap vanities from this point forward, or is this a one-time thing only for people who currently have multiple cap vanities?

LwMark
10-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Future players couldnt get the onld vanities anyways, but id assume they will have another shield, armor and helm set in more caps soon, so ya hes probably just guma stay, make avaible for whoever has to turn it in

Haowesie
10-17-2012, 10:43 PM
A lot were explained here, including not taking away stats on old vanity items. But obviously you can only wear one type of helm, armor or shield -- in this case, there are two helms (c.o.p. and monarch) and two shields (shield of hallow and the new one coming), and the armour for lvl 81.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?72100-Change-to-Pocket-Legends-Elite-Vanity-Item-Set-Bonuses-%E2%80%93-Introducing-Legendary-Rings

People of course will use the one with best stats, and the monarch helm does not have stats -- unless I've misread or misunderstood. I'm not sure if the ring combo evens it out...

Mage till the end
10-17-2012, 11:34 PM
My point was will the elite rings still be available to all players after the cap. It would not be exclusive to that cap anymore. Just my 2 cents

DataPunk
10-18-2012, 02:32 AM
After what cap?

Rare
10-18-2012, 08:19 AM
I don't really see the point in all this. Taking away the vanity stats and putting them on a ring instead? Sounds like six of one, half-dozen of the other. Will these rings be available to future players who gain multiple cap vanities from this point forward, or is this a one-time thing only for people who currently have multiple cap vanities?

Well, the point is to remove stats from vanities as vanity is only meant to alter appearance. It is not meant to remove stats all together.

It also gives the ability to players that didn't get the other elites to now get a bonus. Making it "fair" without having to keep stats on vanities. TechnoEmail has mentioned on several occasions the objective is to remove stats from vanities.

From what I read, current and future vanities will be usable to craft these rings into 2 or 3 piece rings:

Too Long, Didn't Read
Here is a quick list of bullets that recap the above:
[LIST]
Set bonuses from Elite Level Cap Vanity Rewards are going away.

They are replaced by Legendary Rings

To get the quest for your Legendary Ring, equip any of the Elite Level Cap Vanity Rewards just like you were going to get your set bonus (helm, armor, shield) and you'll automagically get a quest for the appropriate ring.

If you don't have an elite level cap vanity shield, make it to level 76 in Blacksmoke Mountain and you'll get the Eye of Eternity. This vanity shield can be used with prior elite level cap vanity helm and armor to get the 2 or 3 piece ring.

The Elite Vanity

Now its just an assumption on my part that future vanities (not including the new shield) will be usable to get the rings. Makes sense to me.

Rare
10-18-2012, 08:20 AM
My point was will the elite rings still be available to all players after the cap. It would not be exclusive to that cap anymore. Just my 2 cents

The elite rings and stat bonuses are not meant to be exclusive (nor should they be), at least from what I can tell.

Your elite vanity is exclusive.