PDA

View Full Version : Where my dragon slayas at?

FluffNStuff
10-18-2012, 02:45 PM
This thread is to discuss the red dragon. If you have not seen him, he is huge, breathes fire, and drops with about 10 fireball shooting guys. Oh, and he loves to wipe parties. If you have killed him, what's your strategies? If not, how far have you gotten? My theory is that if you can kill the fireball guys, you should be able to time the fire breath.

Unacel
10-18-2012, 02:47 PM
Had a group of 3. Two birds and a bear. We just dpsed him down. The aoe attacks killed about half the mobs. Just do a semi kite. No pinks though :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

FluffNStuff
10-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Turns out my first team died of fright. The second time around my team actually attacked, and he really was not that hard at all. Just need enough players to disperse the damage.

Matutd
10-18-2012, 05:09 PM
First time around, we absolutely owned him, no trouble at all. Me, energywave, mastermicah and 2 randoms (I think). But since then I haven't killed him

McBain
10-18-2012, 05:41 PM
Is it just me, or is anyone else unable to hold a target on him? I'll target him and start firing away, and then a couple seconds later I find myself targeted at one of the mob minions instead and I have to re-tap to establish target on the dragon. Is this supposed to happen (like an "untarget" boss skill or something), a glitch, or am I just an idiot?

Kudos to STS, that dragon is pretty cool looking!

Brave Sir Robin
10-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Is it just me, or is anyone else unable to hold a target on him? I'll target him and start firing away, and then a couple seconds later I find myself targeted at one of the mob minions instead and I have to re-tap to establish target on the dragon. Is this supposed to happen (like an "untarget" boss skill or something), a glitch, or am I just an idiot?

Kudos to STS, that dragon is pretty cool looking!

Same problem here Mac :)

gibol1412
10-18-2012, 05:59 PM
I got this untarget problem to.

Fusionstrike
10-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Is it just me, or is anyone else unable to hold a target on him? I'll target him and start firing away, and then a couple seconds later I find myself targeted at one of the mob minions instead and I have to re-tap to establish target on the dragon. Is this supposed to happen (like an "untarget" boss skill

The dragon flies off periodically, making all lose target lock on him. This is really the key to the whole battle...just targeting him to unload damage on him. If he didn't have a way to make us lose target he'd have very little chance. IMO, this is a BS way to make a battle hard, by making the boss nearly impossible to target. It's like a giant, spammy game of whack-a-mole trying to pick out the boss from the piles of other guys so you can actually kill him. Once you do get lucky enough to target him, you can do a good job unloading damage on him. It's not that long a battle.

I think there's probably some good strategy around having a bear or two near the edges pulling the minions away so you can actually click the boss to target him. I haven't been able to pull it off effectively yet though.