PDA

View Full Version : Impossible?

Bless
10-18-2012, 02:51 PM
Killing KOAL is almost impossible. He one hits whole parties! Is this a bug cuz he does over 1k crit...only a full thrasher party can defeat him.

Im starting to think that elixirs are starting to take over PL...almost impossible to kill KOAL without elixir *sigh* Any tactics to kill him?

StompArtist
10-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Killing KOAL is almost impossible. He one hits whole parties! Is this a bug cuz he does over 1k crit...only a full thrasher party can defeat him.

Im starting to think that elixirs are starting to take over PL...almost impossible to kill KOAL without elixir *sigh* Any tactics to kill him?

Best tactic is to wait for the nerf!

Lowlyspy
10-18-2012, 02:54 PM
My party managed it, he did wipe us out once though.

Samhayne
10-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Maybe level and gear up?

wvhills
10-18-2012, 03:02 PM
when we fought him a bear didn't get wiped because he got the redish shield that his minions had. Idk how he got it but it seemed to protect him from the wipe. The group was all elixired and we beat him after the mage used a plat rev.

Elixirs took over PL a long time ago, haha. But sam is right, fang bosses were harder when we first tackled them but got easier after we got good gear.

Bless
10-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Best gear possible. All 71.

Jugernugetx
10-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Umm i was with a group. Killed him in like 1 minutes. Then again we were all potted with high level gear!

wvhills
10-18-2012, 03:09 PM
Best gear possible. All 71.

he means the campaign is for levels 70-75. The bosses will be easier once we get to level 75 and equip the better (level 75) gear. Right now we have to take our lumps. Lol.

Ptaka
10-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Maybe level and gear up?

haha, love it. my crew knocked him out. nothing special about us. just a bunch of 71's on daily blessings. no thrashers.

Chickenrunnn
10-18-2012, 03:12 PM
Possible :) Get a trasher bear, and let him tank :D

ArtofWar
10-18-2012, 03:12 PM
Done him one time with a almost full thrasher group.. almost impossible.. he's a instant death..

CrimsonTider
10-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Gurgox, Goldfever, Vlod.

What do all these have in common? The ability to one shot entire parties and stress people out from day one.

BodMaster
10-18-2012, 03:15 PM
Don't remind us Crimson! XD

Best tactic is to wait for the nerf!

Best advice one could give!

Snakespeare
10-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Maybe level and gear up?

As Sam points out, some bosses are designed to be fought only after you reach non-elite cap and get the new gear. We experienced this with AO3. Some people rage quit before they ever got the new gear. And of course, we all know now a full party of fully equipped players can defeat the Galactic Overlord. Besides, elixirs are given away free now, so be sure to get your blessings from the Elf Queen.

McBain
10-18-2012, 03:34 PM
Killed him with no elixirs, other than blessings (but I only had a 1.25 myself). A couple things we figured out:

1. Go right into the room. If you try to hang back in the narrow passageway area, you're gonna have a bad time.
2. Everybody be together. Rush in as a group. If the party gets split up and starts doing their own thing, you're gonna have a bad time.
3. Target KOAL, kill him as fast as possible, ignore the minions. The key is to avoid his aggro, kinda like Vlod from Mt. Fang.

That's about it. There may be other factors to it as well, but so far I've found that if everyone works together, it's not much of a problem.

Register
10-18-2012, 04:16 PM
KOAL isn't impossible, he was the first boss I faced in Blacksmoke (Can we call it BS for short :P) and we got wiped....twice. Then somehow we miraculously beat him. Either his hax wore off or every bodies fingers got an adrenaline boost and pot spammed faster.

Edit: Snake, guess what I got for my Daily Blessing today? 30 platinum. Guess what? It doesn't seem so cool anymore -.- I would've gladly taken a 3x combo lol....

Roc
10-18-2012, 04:38 PM
I've been in parties that had only had some pieces of crafted humania gear and daily blessings that beat him......we got wiped once and then somehow managed XD

Elyseon
10-18-2012, 04:52 PM
could it be an elixir bug, like some of the bosses actually deal more damage when your elxired
like gold fever has done and 800 non crit on me before with elixir, but if im at full spamming pots ill survive unelixied

Techno Email
10-18-2012, 06:18 PM
Cool discussion! The deal with KOAL is that you DO need to be tactical about it. You DON'T have to use elixirs, if you play well with others. There are several different tactics that will work. I'm happy to see you guys posting them up here for each other. There are more tactics that are not posted here, but I'm not going to spoil it for you. I'll just reiterate the standard stuff for those who may be a little rusty from the easier bosses in Humania. (Underworld bosses are definitely hard, but I think you'll find that their drop rates are rather complimentary.)

Here are a few general tips for all the enemies in Underworld. Look out for his tells! If you're a tank, TANK! If you're a healer, HEAL! Archers, do what you do, or perhaps you'd like to try your hand at a lil CC? Storming in on a boss fight without your group is equivalent to trying to solo it, until your group shows up. That can CERTAINLY be bad for your health. ;) Did I mention, you should look out for tells? These bosses mean business. Pay attention. Learn their attacks, then move and time your abilities to counter them effectively.

Register
10-18-2012, 06:36 PM
Thanks for help Techno ^^

I found something when facing KOAL...I was able to stay out of his Beckon range and still shoot him. I was using the Forgotten Bow, so my range wasn't the max, 13, so with a Crossbow it shouldn't be hard. Especially because he doesn't move around much. Squishy birds are saved from the massacre? :D

I'm going to Go try the trick once more....

Snakespeare
10-18-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm not convinced, LOL! but I went in with a pug that was taking turns dying. But for myself, making my character die over and over is not fun, and I play for fun, so... until it's fun, I will do something else, like farm for levelling gear.

YYZ????
10-18-2012, 08:18 PM
I keep looking for his tells while lying flat on my back, but the revive screen is always in the way! Ugh!!! Have tried with multiple groups, tried with bear, bird & mage. Still no luck. Guess I'll go back to Sandbar for a bit. :-(