PDA

View Full Version : Stealed Kills in CTF. What?

WinterKate
10-18-2012, 04:50 PM
I have seen players accuse their team mates of "steal-kill". Ugh. This is a team game. In one way or another, we should be helping each other to achieve that ultimate goal, which is to CTF. :) I cannot fathom what goes on in other players' minds when they think of their own team stealing kills. Just saying.

monarchival
10-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Some ppl care more about stats and k/d ratio more than scoring goals or if the team wins or not. All u need to do is look at the stats page of the person and usually u will see around 2 to 1 k/d ratio and not many goals. also, as far as ks is concerned, it is possible to follow a teamate wait for the initial skills to be spent and finish off the enemy leaving ur teamate to take the damage and not get credit for the kill. This is where ppl get mad and accuse ppl of ks. For me, if it happens once or twice no big deal. But when i notice it on a regular basis from the same person i will start to do the same to them. Pretty much i know most regular ctfers and who i like as teamates and who i dont like.
Now u can say team game and all that and i agree but it is also nice to have good stats, kinda like baseball or any team sport for that matter. Not to the point of not being a bad teamate but when u att someone and just when ur about to kill them someone swoops in and kills them and ur barely alive it can be frustrating.
Everybody has done this sometimes by accident cos maybe u didnt see that ur teamate was engaged in battle or it was a revenge kill. Whatever the reason, its part of the game, u cant help it, cant stop it.
So to those ppl that say kill steal, just get over it and get that flag!

WinterKate
10-18-2012, 06:37 PM
You mad monarch? Cause I'm not. It's my opinion, I am pretty sure you also got yours. :)

Aeroflame
10-18-2012, 06:38 PM
you call it kill-steal, I call it assist, if you don't want others taking your kill, go off on your own, or get 5 friends that know how you operate.

monarchival
10-18-2012, 07:01 PM
Im not mad, not at all. Im explaining to u why some ppl say ks. Did i sound angry?...lmao....
When i said get over it, i was referring to the ppl that say ks.....lol...

WinterKate
10-18-2012, 07:21 PM
Yeah you sound mad. :)

XchilangopwnX
10-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Kill stealing doesn't exist. It isn't like a kill can be claimed before it actually occurs. Like monarch said, the only time it ticks me off is when I see that, that certain player is just doing kill farming without benefitting the team as a whole.

KingFu
10-19-2012, 02:56 AM
Kill stealing doesn't exist. It isn't like a kill can be claimed before it actually occurs. Like monarch said, the only time it ticks me off is when I see that, that certain player is just doing kill farming without benefitting the team as a whole.

You do most of the work, then someone else puts in a tiny bit to finish the job and get notability for it. Same way with what people call "credit stealing". You do the work, and they put in hardly any effort and get all the credit for it.

XchilangopwnX
10-19-2012, 06:14 AM
Maybe it depends on the individual's mind set. Mine is that as long as the enemy dies and I don't well, that gives me a chance to keep killing to create a gap where the carrier can return the enemy's flag to home base.

WinterKate
10-19-2012, 06:16 PM
I do not mind, really, if someone else stole my kill or what. I should be thankful I didn't die. Lol. Looking at it positively, I have the chance to scout for a heart and replenish my health. Players are different from each other. The way they perceive the situation is rather peculiar, but nevertheless, CTF is fun, minus the trash talk. Lol.

Maybe, that is what Infernal Souls instilled in me. Chil's influence really. And I appreciate that attitude they have created in me. :)

StompArtist
10-19-2012, 08:52 PM
If someone ever complains of that in front of me I will make it my personal mission in life to follow them everywhere and step in when the enemies are almost dead.

WinterKate
10-19-2012, 09:18 PM
If someone ever complains of that in front of me I will make it my personal mission in life to follow them everywhere and step in when the enemies are almost dead.

Kind of wicked. But yeah, give them a taste of their own medicine. :)

I AM VERY SORRY FOR THE TITLE OF THREAD. I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING WHEN I WROTE "STEALED" INSTEAD OF "STOLE". LMAO.

I'm Siri
10-19-2012, 09:25 PM
If only the system will award the kill to the people do the most damage.
Else people will still blame u for KS.
For me, like Kate said. CTF. Team work come 1st.
Who care KS. I'm happy my team mate come in handy killed the opp rather than stand and watch.

Cero
10-20-2012, 07:22 AM
Obviously they are k/d lovers... also known as farmers.

Wrath
10-20-2012, 08:11 AM
My opinion... if the kill was yours then you woulda made the kill and not me. Good stuff tho.

Ghostsmacker
10-20-2012, 09:18 PM
I've been accused of kill stealing whenever I finish the job for my teammate after they die. Does that count as kill stealing?

Bastilia
10-21-2012, 10:12 AM
I've been accused of kill stealing whenever I finish the job for my teammate after they die. Does that count as kill stealing?

No if they died you have to kill enemy :)

Totallymad
10-22-2012, 03:43 PM
When someone blames u in ksing its very annoying. I mensioned that this guys always do ks themselves (as they called it) and its ok for them lol. If there will be option like VOTE to KICK i know what sorf of ppl will be kicked first :D Agreed to topic starter that its a teamplay. U dont like teamplay? Go play mobs and farm relics! Dont even start pvp :D

Theholyangel
10-22-2012, 03:49 PM
When someone blames u in ksing its very annoying. I mensioned that this guys always do ks themselves (as they called it) and its ok for them lol. If there will be option like VOTE to KICK i know what sorf of ppl will be kicked first :D Agreed to topic starter that its a teamplay. U dont like teamplay? Go play mobs and farm relics! Dont even start pvp :D
Nice idea :-) i personally dont mind when people assist and have the kill, but if its some players you all know that farm kills for kdr, and go and take kills all the time from you then i get angered and give them my regards... ;-)

Totallymad
10-22-2012, 04:02 PM
Its all about lag i suppose. Never seen ppl who farm kills, yeah sometimes its very unfair when u fight 2 and someone just put his last vermin on them but its a part of a game we all love ;) maybe when guilds will learn to use some tactical moves like guard, middle line and flag taker this will less appear cause everybody will be on right places... Usual games still will be same...

Theholyangel
10-22-2012, 04:04 PM
Lols ;-) i come across many that farm, and i like 2v1s because of the challenge ;-) and when you kill them both, you feel accomplished ;-) i often play with my guildies, and we focus on it all ;-) i enjoy flagging and defense mostly

Theholyangel
10-22-2012, 04:05 PM
There are always often those people who play for kdr to look good and lb place... :-) such as the people with 30k+ kills and 100-400 flags only,

Totallymad
10-22-2012, 04:15 PM
Never thought bout it. I got about 200 flags and 5k kills am i farmer? :D

Theholyangel
10-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Never thought bout it. I got about 200 flags and 5k kills am i farmer? :D

No, that is good my friend :-) ahaha :angel:

Totallymad
10-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Thx bro ;)

Theholyangel
10-22-2012, 04:32 PM
^,^ what's your ign?

beelzebub
10-22-2012, 05:51 PM
FYI

people are always talking about people who go after the flag and has a lot of flag goals but how about the team mates who protect the flag carrier? They obviously get more kills then people who carries the flag but don't forget that people wouldn't be able to score if no one protected the flag carrier. Also even if players dont follow the people who goes for the flag, they are fighting off the enemies and blocking them on other paths and play a vital role in the success of capturing the flag.. no one ever gives credit to those players. Just want to say that it wouldn't be possible to get a GOAL if it wasn't for the players who do the kills and make the path clear to score a goal...

Ghosti
10-24-2012, 01:28 PM
People who complain about kill steals..lol. Ok next time I won't help you when your being attacked if it means that much. I've been accused of ksing a few times. People seem to forget what pvp is :( In DL finding the chance to have a 1v1 is a rarity. Plan on being jumped, DL pvp is a TEAM oriented contest, wether it be ctf or dm.

Unknowable
10-28-2012, 02:12 PM
To me when i call assuse people of KS = Kill Stealin is when they (They = The Other Team) almost died and they attack at the last min So to me its like You Do The Work They Get The Credit !! It's annoy because you get low health for doin the work and you died because of that alot so that what it mean to me ..

Totallymad
10-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Yeah but u looking on this from your point. Now lets just imagine so i get spawned got boost and saw u fighting with 2 ppl, i dont know that they are on low health and i assist put my vermin last and they died. Am i ks? Cause i think actually u gonna do same to me bro ;) just assisting without any thoughts of ksing!

Unknowable
10-28-2012, 09:24 PM
But I'm saying 1 vs 1 but if it 2 vs 1 u need to assist them because most likely they will die but when it like 1 vs 1 you need to wait until they die and that not is if they already died

Kraze
10-28-2012, 09:32 PM
But I'm saying 1 vs 1 but if it 2 vs 1 u need to assist them because most likely they will die but when it like 1 vs 1 you need to wait until they die and that not is if they already died

So wait until your teammate is dead? That sounds like great teamwork.

WinterKate
10-30-2012, 08:51 PM
We all have differing opinions lol. As for me, I don't agree with it and as much as my team mates tell me I stole their kills, I just shrug my back and go on fighting lol.

Sushi
10-30-2012, 11:05 PM
ks cannot be blamed but what i can say is it never contributes to wining battle. its a waste of time and spell that should have been used for catching flag. So i just don't choose the team where well known ks player exsits.

caabedez
11-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Agreed:D

caabedez
11-13-2012, 12:28 PM
But if i do say someone ksed me i think they'll fight back....

caabedez
11-13-2012, 12:28 PM
so i dont say it that often

monarchival
11-13-2012, 09:44 PM
so i dont say it that often

Thats funny caab....lol.

In fact, i like to play ctf with u cos u make me laugh. Not sure if ur comments r intended to throw ppl off thier game or if its u letting off steam. Either way, i find them hilarious. Keep it up! :)

Kraoracha
11-14-2012, 03:15 AM
I just attack anything with another colour circle around him or her then me, and try to get to the flag and take it home, I dont even pay attention wether or not that player is already being killed or not.

Totallymad
11-20-2012, 11:32 PM
Sushi lool well known KS players omg

May we see the list of "Well known KS players"? i cant stop rofl)))) TOP 10 KS :D Let the world know its heroes...

Conradin
11-20-2012, 11:52 PM
*stolen

Lady_Pebbles
12-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Sushi lool well known KS players omg

May we see the list of "Well known KS players"? i cant stop rofl)))) TOP 10 KS :D Let the world know its heroes...
I just went through reading all the posts and Im laughing just as hard as yoh are lol. This type of discussion is really getting old tho lol.

Honney
01-25-2013, 05:06 PM
O.o damn i read this whole thread and just now when i saw the last post i noticed im in DL forums. well 30mins of my live are gone for good

Kraoracha
01-28-2013, 05:39 AM
This last post was very much worth your 30 mins, so funny! :D

WinterKate
01-29-2013, 05:49 AM
Wow major bump to this thread. Lol. Nothing has changed about my opinion on it. :)

Lady_Pebbles
02-02-2013, 01:42 PM
XD

Yeah nothing really changes these days. Smh.

Kraoracha
02-04-2013, 06:36 AM
Only the weather, sunny and pretty warm for the time of year :p

Snalin
02-05-2013, 04:17 AM
the world would be too peaceful if KS didn't exist

csb
02-22-2013, 03:14 PM
I actually prefer to not kill the opponent. I like to give them some damage then run off. An opponent at half health cannot drag the flag, and is very handicapped. Better to leave them running around handicapped than to let them respawn with full health.

Kraoracha
02-25-2013, 04:53 AM
That sounds like a pretty good tactic

Rekful
03-02-2013, 02:27 AM
If only the system will award the kill to the people do the most damage.
Else people will still blame u for KS.
For me, like Kate said. CTF. Team work come 1st.
Who care KS. I'm happy my team mate come in handy killed the opp rather than stand and watch.

I like that idea.

griiepa
03-15-2013, 03:59 PM
I actually prefer to not kill the opponent. I like to give them some damage then run off. An opponent at half health cannot drag the flag, and is very handicapped. Better to leave them running around handicapped than to let them respawn with full health.

That's what I do sometimes... Well it depends on the situation too :)
I think people get pissed off because of my priorities tho. They call me a runner smh

Totallymad
03-16-2013, 07:02 AM
+1 especially this runner thing is funny to hear from aura users))) Sounds like "You should die just because i want so"))))