PDA

View Full Version : So many people in magic castle

Mage till the end
10-18-2012, 06:45 PM
By time the New cap comes over half the players will have used xp enable. Don't get me wrong I use it to its just the shear number of players using it. Last cap many did thrash in humania. People prob doing it because hard mobs, bad xp rate, and there's so much xp. 9k for just 72?!? Jez

kiitz
10-18-2012, 06:47 PM
STS: Cha-Ching!!!

Lowlyspy
10-18-2012, 06:48 PM
People want that egg, i couldn't imagine why. Maybe they want some good breakfast :p

Zapoke
10-18-2012, 07:17 PM
Not that much money is spent, tbh. I just did 20 minutes in Magic Castle (Thrasher+2x weekly+1.25 exp bless) and did 71-72. Which means I can get to 74 (plus some) with about 100 platinum (had weekly from last week). Why would someone want to do Blacksmoke (500exp per dragon lair run with same elixes, with 5 min runs or so) over this, if they can afford it? Lol.

Drizzid
10-18-2012, 08:12 PM
Not that much money is spent, tbh. I just did 20 minutes in Magic Castle (Thrasher+2x weekly+1.25 exp bless) and did 71-72. Which means I can get to 74 (plus some) with about 100 platinum (had weekly from last week). Why would someone want to do Blacksmoke (500exp per dragon lair run with same elixes, with 5 min runs or so) over this, if they can afford it? Lol.

Exactly. Plus the drops are so frequent theres no point in farming while you grind, unless you're looking to make a quick sale. I see the prices dropping FAST

slaveleia
10-18-2012, 08:29 PM
It's kinda sad actually, shouldn't players be running the new campaign & maps while leveling to cap? I miss doing xp runs on a nice route while hoping for pinks. Mt Fang had the Crypt runs & Humania had Sandbar but like everyone said Magic castle is the way to go....efficiency! I've become too impatient to run maps & leveling slowly so I'm guilty too.

WarTornBird
10-18-2012, 08:33 PM
It's kinda sad actually, shouldn't players be running the new campaign & maps while leveling to cap? I miss doing xp runs on a nice route while hoping for pinks. Mt Fang had the Crypt runs & Humania had Sandbar but like everyone said Magic castle is the way to go....efficiency! I've become too impatient to run maps & leveling slowly so I'm guilty too.

My push notification reads: New Blacksmoke Mountain Expansion!
What it should read: New Magic Castle Expansion!

xcainnblecterx
10-18-2012, 08:36 PM
I want the egg for stats and I'd like to run black smoke ,but it'd be almost impossible to get.to 76 by Monday unless you ran Mega maze. I guess elite means who pays sts the most:/.At least my mage I'll cap in bsm

HappyDayy
10-18-2012, 08:38 PM
Us not rich people can afford pinks while u guys get the crafted,sounds fair

Ogbuehi
10-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Magic castle has been good to me. Took me 2.5 hours to reach 75.

Rare
10-18-2012, 09:09 PM
Who here doesn't think the 4 day cap wasn't for plat spenders? Come on folks. As soon as you read the preview you should have known.

Who caps in 4 days without spending tons of plat?

It's the way it is. No reason to be upset over it. An extra benefit to those that spend.

Elyseon
10-18-2012, 09:15 PM
i miss the 56 cap tbh
only like 5 people to cap within a week
real legends

slaveleia
10-18-2012, 09:31 PM
My push notification reads: New Blacksmoke Mountain Expansion!
What it should read: New Magic Castle Expansion!

I totally agree...shouldn't be like this but oh well.

Miss exploring new maps with friends looking for new gear & trying to make the new sets. Now it's just a crazy race to the finish. XD

Ogbuehi
10-18-2012, 09:36 PM
I totally agree...shouldn't be like this but oh well.

Miss exploring new maps with friends looking for new gear & trying to make the new sets. Now it's just a crazy race to the finish. XD

Oh don't worry. I plan on exploring and completing every single quest after I cap. I prefer to do end game stages as strong as possible anyway. I might even try to app my Mage.

MightyMicah
10-18-2012, 09:40 PM
i miss the 56 cap tbh
only like 5 people to cap within a week
real legends

Remembering sewer days makes me cry :,( I miss it ;)

CrimsonTider
10-18-2012, 09:43 PM
A few things:

1. We complain and complain on forums and in-game about the decline in player skill. Look where they level.

2. We complain and complain about not being able to lock xp for kills on twinks. These "money makers" are the reason why. Tis ok to farm kills 50 levels higher but not at the level intended? lol

slaveleia
10-18-2012, 09:46 PM
Oh don't worry. I plan on exploring and completing every single quest after I cap. I prefer to do end game stages as strong as possible anyway. I might even try to app my Mage.

That's the truth, everyone gets the cap done & goes back farming later anyway. The bosses are pretty tough on Blacksmoke.

Elyseon
10-18-2012, 09:47 PM
A few things:

1. We complain and complain on forums and in-game about the decline in player skill. Look where they level.

2. We complain and complain about not being able to lock xp for kills on twinks. These "money makers" are the reason why. Tis ok to farm kills 50 levels higher but not at the level intended? lol
you gotta realize tho most of these people, would take the route of bsm, if that was the fastest option
but given a quicker option, they take that, tbh thats how i will probably cap

CrimsonTider
10-18-2012, 09:52 PM
you gotta realize tho most of these people, would take the route of bsm, if that was the fastest option
but given a quicker option, they take that, tbh thats how i will probably cap

Skipping Emma and Red Dragon in the Dragon's Lair actually yields 10k per hour. I am not saying I disagree (I may do a few just to break up the monotony), but it does explain the problems I mentioned.

Heck, when 56 farming last week, I saw several 71's die in Funhouse. Some with elixir's. o.O

Elyseon
10-18-2012, 09:59 PM
did they cap in first week of cap tho?
ofc some people are gonna be nubs yes its very plat based and skill reducing.
and im not saying everyone who caps is actually good, but most of these early capping players such as dollo, are just taking advantage of what sts has given them,
i have actually not done anything in the dragons lair, but if im soley worried about speed, y not take the fast route?
also its not to encouraging since fangs scaling nerf, cant even farm endgame items until 75

Mage till the end
10-18-2012, 10:12 PM
I miss sewers. Fun days right there. Half of my deaths are from those grates alone :P

xcainnblecterx
10-18-2012, 11:58 PM
Hardest bosses I seen on bsm was koal and the dragon

Apasara
10-19-2012, 02:50 AM
Imo..

People who cap 76 without elixir will be the REAL elites. (No elixirs= hard but normal way to go)
People who cap 76 with elixirs will be the not so elite. Aka cheaters (Elixirs= easy way to go)

KingFu
10-19-2012, 02:53 AM
Imo..

People who cap 76 without elixir will be the REAL elites. (No elixirs= hard but normal way to go)
People who cap 76 with elixirs will be the not so elite. Aka cheaters (Elixirs= easy way to go)

I assume you'll only be using elixirs to 75 then?

Apasara
10-19-2012, 02:56 AM
I assume you'll only be using elixirs to 75 then?

No, I'm not leveling anymore. My time here is soon coming to an end.

United
10-19-2012, 07:55 AM
Magic Castle is so fast i tried a trasher on it n gained 16k xp

Elyseon
10-19-2012, 08:17 AM
Imo..

i would disagree, especially when sts taunts players with a 4 day chance for a shield, anyone who caps unelixed i would agree is a legend
however even with an elixir cap the first day is a challenge, many of these people are more worried about speed than ease, unfortunately sts has not made an equally as fast way in BSM, most likely for this extra revenue

dudetus
10-19-2012, 08:49 AM
Imo..

So the ones who use elixir and buy plat aka the ones who keep STS running are the lowest scum in PL?

I myself use elixirs and I do run to lvl 76 in Magic Castle or that Fathom Crypt map but it's not because I am lazy but because I do not have enough time in my disposal to reach lvl 76 in 4 days without elixirs. I have an actual life outside PL.

Elyseon
10-19-2012, 09:06 AM
So the ones who use elixir and buy plat aka the ones who keep STS running are the lowest scum in PL?

I myself use elixirs and I do run to lvl 76 in Magic Castle or that Fathom Crypt map but it's not because I am lazy but because I do not have enough time in my disposal to reach lvl 76 in 4 days without elixirs. I have an actual life outside PL.
wow u scum
how dare u have a life

Taaralatie
10-19-2012, 09:17 AM
Wow! So much negativity! It is a game. Enjoy it your own way or don't play it. Please stop whining about people who use elixirs. Rightly or wrongly it is the way the game has evolved. We have been given an incentive to cap in 4 days and I am going to my hardest to get there by the easiest way at my disposal..elixirs and mega maze. After that I will take my time with the other 2 caps and enjoy the scenic route. But really, if you don't like the game...there is another option.

Elyseon
10-19-2012, 09:21 AM
there is another option.abandonning a 35k history would seem rather rash for me :P

Taaralatie
10-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Only 35K? You are such a lightweight ;p

Elyseon
10-19-2012, 09:28 AM
Only 35K? You are such a lightweight ;p
ikr
im poor tho it alot

Taaralatie
10-19-2012, 09:31 AM
ikr
im poor tho it alot

That's because you took advantage of my special 500k offers. WB btw.

Elyseon
10-19-2012, 09:34 AM
That's because you took advantage of my special 500k offers. WB btw.
thanks tarantula ;D

Jacobs
10-19-2012, 09:36 AM
Sorry to interrupt but... 35k platinum ????

Elyseon
10-19-2012, 09:38 AM
yes and gratz on your first post O.o

Jacobs
10-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Cheers!!!
was so amazed I had to ask...

Elyseon
10-19-2012, 09:40 AM
Cheers!!!
was so amazed I had to ask...
lol glad to make you post

Taaralatie
10-19-2012, 09:48 AM
lol glad to make you post

Any excuse for a post eh? Get that count up! ;)

Jacobs
10-19-2012, 09:52 AM
My posts are less than my thanks... will try to keep it this way hehe

Rubikin
10-19-2012, 10:00 AM
Imo..

I really don't think there is anything Elite about doing the same thing over and over for hours on end, whether you are using elixirs or not. Although I do think that all elixir users should try completing any new content at least a couple of times without any boost to gain an appreciation for the strategy required.

Jacobs
10-19-2012, 10:03 AM
I really don't think there is anything Elite about doing the same thing over and over for hours on end, whether you are using elixirs or not. Although I do think that all elixir users should try completing any new content at least a couple of times without any boost to gain an appreciation for the strategy required.

strategy? what strategy...?

Taaralatie
10-19-2012, 10:09 AM
strategy? what strategy...?

Working togetherwith a whole party, using skills
to clear the maps and defeat the bosses.

FluffNStuff
10-19-2012, 10:10 AM
Magic castle is a great place to drop da bombs with my sea blaster without a boot!

Jacobs
10-19-2012, 10:13 AM
Thanks Taaaara!!!

But I like Fluff's strategy better....

Taaralatie
10-19-2012, 10:16 AM
Thanks Taaaara!!!

But I like Fluff's strategy better....

Good for you! Didn't realise I had entered a competition.

Note to self: could do better.

Jacobs
10-19-2012, 10:20 AM
You were great, but it's difficult to compete with this huuuge green bar of his... you should probably add some more 'aaaa's Taaaaaaaara.

FluffNStuff
10-19-2012, 10:32 AM
What is the experience distance in Magic Castle. I have been doing it solo, but I am wondering if there is a benefit to using a team. Like can three players clear all three halls at once and everyone gets all the experience?

Brave Sir Robin
10-19-2012, 10:47 AM
What is the experience distance in Magic Castle. I have been doing it solo, but I am wondering if there is a benefit to using a team. Like can three players clear all three halls at once and everyone gets all the experience?

You might want to take a look here: Link (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?61288-How-to-Grind-to-71-Costs-and-Times-included&p=687937&viewfull=1#post687937)

Not sure how well it works as I haven't tried it myself. OP removed strategy for some reason afterwards, but it still remains as a quote :)

razerfingers
10-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Just do mega maze. Its a whole lot easier. Imo

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Walkhardd
10-19-2012, 11:03 AM
Im just pissed you all cried about the XP anywhere pot costing 1plat...smh

Taaralatie
10-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Enough! I am not gonna be drawn into anymore silliness! I got your number now mister! Special offer rescinded!

Zapoke
10-19-2012, 11:20 AM

Yes. I was doing 30 second runs with a group yesterday, about 250 exp each time. I'd say Mega Maze is better to solo, but Magic Castle is way better if you have (at least) 3 people clearing all the rows.

Just do mega maze. Its a whole lot easier. Imo

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

5 minutes in Mega Maze (full party): 1200 exp
5 minutes in Magic Castle (full party):
2500 exp

How much plat d'you think you'd save doing Magic Castle instead? :)

Brave Sir Robin
10-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Yes. I was doing 30 second runs with a group yesterday, about 250 exp each time.

That's with Weekly + Thrasher? No blessing?

Zapoke
10-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Yes. I was doing 30 second runs with a group yesterday, about 250 exp each time.

That's with Weekly + Thrasher? No blessing?
1.25 blessing, but it was something like 267 exp per run, so I'd say 250 with plat elix only.

Otahaibab
10-19-2012, 11:29 AM
So true i feel so happy yet sad for capping at humania..
Hopefully this new ma will get a cool new preview map later n in da road and jopefully after monday thrasher runs in dragon lair be
a common thing again...

FluffNStuff
10-19-2012, 11:32 AM
Yes. I was doing 30 second runs with a group yesterday, about 250 exp each time. I'd say Mega Maze is better to solo, but Magic Castle is way better if you have (at least) 3 people clearing all the rows.

2500 exp

2500xp? And that was with 1.25 blessing? I am getting 1200 solo, so I would be very interested in your strategy. Does everyone go the same way, or do you have people drag enemies to a common spot? Can you have people clear different halls and everyone get xp? How much of it do you clear?

Chickenrunnn
10-19-2012, 11:35 AM
People want that egg, i couldn't imagine why. Maybe they want some good breakfast :p

They may hope this fossil egg open, and give them a dino pet.. xD

Zapoke
10-19-2012, 11:49 AM

2500 exp

2500xp? And that was with 1.25 blessing? I am getting 1200 solo, so I would be very interested in your strategy. Does everyone go the same way, or do you have people drag enemies to a common spot? Can you have people clear different halls and everyone get xp? How much of it do you clear?

We clear the 3 hallways then remake. With a full party it should be 1 to the center, 2 to both sides for the fastest runs. We also tried 3 to one side and 2 to middle, but came out with the same exact exp gain, with a slightly slower run.

Brave Sir Robin
10-19-2012, 12:08 PM
1.25 blessing, but it was something like 267 exp per run, so I'd say 250 with plat elix only.

OK, that's actually 7.25 x, for which u get 267 xp.
For 6x you would get 221.

That's for 30 sec which means you get 2210 xp in 5 mins or 26520 xp in an hour !!!

So for 100 k xp you need 3.77 hrs.

Cost / h = 12 x 5 (xp enablers) + 40 (thrasher) = 100 plat.

That's 3.77 x 100 (hourly cost) + 80 (weekly 2x) = 457 plat... a bargain :)

Note that United stated (here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?72226-So-many-people-in-magic-castle&p=819878&viewfull=1#post819878)) he can get 16k xp / hour with thrasher in this map, which means 24k xp if he added a weekly 2x. This is close to your numbers (group efficiency differs ofc) so I am convinced that Magic Castle is really fast...

Superduper
10-19-2012, 12:31 PM

It is not just an egg...I heard that it will hatch eventually and turn into your own ride able dragon. Sadly i am just pulling your leg....

FluffNStuff
10-19-2012, 01:17 PM
We clear the 3 hallways then remake. With a full party it should be 1 to the center, 2 to both sides for the fastest runs. We also tried 3 to one side and 2 to middle, but came out with the same exact exp gain, with a slightly slower run.

So the person on the left side IS getting experience from the kills of the person on the right side?

Jacobs
10-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Enough! I am not gonna be drawn into anymore silliness! I got your number now mister! Special offer rescinded!

:)
tbh I feel a little guilty, you were trying to help me. I was being sarcastic really. Imo you need no strategy, all you need is thrashers!! I was also being sarcastic about Fluff's strategy. I know he was joking but you don't know how we suffered at Fang with 'elite players' bringing these blasters at Emmas. How could we know what this small boat does? So yes, I agree with the other person who said it's not elite-like to do these runs all over again. It actually shows you have nothing better to do!!! (sorry...) But it's also not 'elite-like' to kill innocent lower levels with this toy!

Zapoke
10-19-2012, 01:34 PM

So the person on the left side IS getting experience from the kills of the person on the right side?

Yessir, far as I can tell.

Taaralatie
10-19-2012, 04:41 PM
:)
tbh I feel a little guilty, you were trying to help me. I was being sarcastic really. Imo you need no strategy, all you need is thrashers!! I was also being sarcastic about Fluff's strategy. I know he was joking but you don't know how we suffered at Fang with 'elite players' bringing these blasters at Emmas. How could we know what this small boat does? So yes, I agree with the other person who said it's not elite-like to do these runs all over again. It actually shows you have nothing better to do!!! (sorry...) But it's also not 'elite-like' to kill innocent lower levels with this toy!

Lol guilty?

You missed my sarcasm (I think we Brits have the edge). And by silliness I merely meant it took me a while to work it out with all the thanks and all :)

As for your opinion ...it is perfectly valid and well enough executed. It would make for a pretty dull life if we all agreed. :)

Elyseon
10-19-2012, 04:59 PM
youre a british tarantula?

anyways on topic...yeh pretty much everyone likes magic and castles these days

Taaralatie
10-19-2012, 05:34 PM
youre a british tarantula?

That I be :)

Jacobs
10-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Lol guilty?

You missed my sarcasm (I think we Brits have the edge). And by silliness I merely meant it took me a while to work it out with all the thanks and all :)

As for your opinion ...it is perfectly valid and well enough executed. It would make for a pretty dull life if we all agreed. :)

Ty, so pleased my post complies with british standards :) In all seriousness, taking a video game less seriously is the opposite of silliness imo...

Elyseon
10-20-2012, 08:33 PM
in all seriousness i cant even do magic castle runs by the time i get off the running man screen
the others are already rmking :O

Dynastu
10-20-2012, 08:39 PM
in all seriousness i cant even do magic castle runs by the time i get off the running man screen
the others are already rmking :O

Thanks I try my best :D

Elyseon
10-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Thanks I try my best :D
haxxor ur sig wants to join my guild

Taaralatie
10-21-2012, 03:47 AM
Ty, so pleased my post complies with british standards :) In all seriousness, taking a video game less seriously is the opposite of silliness imo...

Aaaarrrrgh! I want to say so much more but I am scared I won't get thanked :)