PDA

View Full Version : Developers, Please Read -- Solution to the Dragon Vanity dilemna!!

Energizeric
10-18-2012, 11:08 PM
After some discussion in other threads, I have come up with a solution which I think most will like:

1) Remove all stats from dragon sets.

2) Make a "dragon crafter" in Mt. Fang.

3) When a player goes to the dragon crafter with a compete matching dragon set (pink legendary Dragon Mystery Helm & Dragon Mystery Armor, and matching dragon pet), the dragon crafter converts the pink legendary dragon helm and armor into the following 3 items:

Dragon Mystery Helm (non-pink vanity -- blue inventory color like a hooch hat)
Dragon Mystery Armor (non-pink vanity -- blue inventory color like a hooch hat)
Dragon Ring (pink legendary vanity ring -- goes in a new inventory slot for vanity rings)

4) All 3 of the new items are tradeable/sellable.

5) Because the dragon ring is a "vanity ring", it can be worn with your elite ring, and the stats for both stack.

6) Dragon rings will all have the following stats: 8 dmg, 5 armor, 1 crit, 1 h/s, 1 m/s (the same stats as a gold dragon set gives) -- this way it is good for all classes and easier than having 4 different versions of the dragon ring.

This solution will solve the following issues which seem to be of most concern:

1) Dragon items will retain their value. The non-crafted ones will be like crafting commodities much like glyph blade steels are -- they will be very expensive. And once crafted, the vanity dragon items will be worth a somewhat decent amount, but the crafted dragon rings will be where the big value is -- they will most likely sell for gold cap.

2) Many players will chose to only wear the ring, and not wear the dragon vanity items, and many may just own the ring and sell their vanity items, thus STS gets their wish that not all players will be wearing the same vanity items and look the same.

3) Players like myself who have invested fortunes in dragon sets will not lose their shirts in this as the sets, or items they can be converted to, will retain their value.

4) Players will not be forced to chose between their elite ring bonus and the dragon ring bonus. As you can guess, if players were forced to make a choice here, they would chose the elite ring bonus which is much higher and thus the dragon rings would become pretty worthless as most end gamers would not use one.

What do you all think??

Mage till the end
10-19-2012, 12:09 AM
Hm I think they are fine as is. Funny how worked up people get about 5 dps

Energizeric
10-19-2012, 02:34 AM
Hm I think they are fine as is. Funny how worked up people get about 5 dps

I certainly agree, but word is that the developers are going to eliminate all stats for vanities, so if that is true, I am proposing this as a workable alternative to just eliminating the stats.

McBain
10-19-2012, 02:43 AM
Just nerf 'em and be done with it, says I.

KingFu
10-19-2012, 02:48 AM
I say don't touch em, and leave things the way they are. What they did with forgotten weapons, and that ruined a huge aspect of the game. So I don't think a vanity that basically acts as a second ring should be haggled with, when they could be improving larger things they've damaged.

onemadzhau
10-19-2012, 05:21 AM
I agree with mystical, if it isn't broke don't fix it. :)

LwMark
10-19-2012, 05:30 AM
So ur guna remove the stats from the dragons, because people complainimg about stacking them with elite rings

But

Your guna craft them , to make them a vanity ring which still stacks with elite rings

Hmm

Less work if u leave as is?

Cobraguy
10-19-2012, 05:44 AM
I'd like to see them stay how they are but the OP is a viable option if they want to complicate things further. All I'm saying on the subject is if they screw with a seperate worthless non vanity ring, or if they nerf the sets altogether I'm going to have to hang up my hat and call it a day with STS. Too much time and energy spent trying to get my set.

And yes, if someone wants, they are welcome to get me a tissue...

Energizeric
10-19-2012, 01:28 PM
The one big advantage here that nobody seems to notice is that this would allow you to use our dragon set bonus while wearing other non-dragon vanities or while wearing no vanities at all. Also, they could make a dragon ring sparkle or smoke effect that stands out as being from dragon rings only, so others will still know you are wearing a dragon ring. This is important as I realize many wear the sets as a status item to show their success in the game.

Lowlyspy
10-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Edit: Just misunderstood this entire thread, ignore me.

playersgonnaplay
10-19-2012, 02:00 PM
As mentioned in another thread:
Make dragon not stackable with elite rings... That way like last cap players pick what they want to wear. Either dragon for dps/dmg or elite for armor/dodge bonus. Most logical solution... Dragon still has its value bc it still has stats and old timers still hav their bonus. Eliminating dragon/elite stacking. Pick and choose what to use!

LwMark
10-19-2012, 02:28 PM
As mentioned in another thread:
Make dragon not stackable with elite rings... That way like last cap players pick what they want to wear. Either dragon for dps/dmg or elite for armor/dodge bonus. Most logical solution... Dragon still has its value bc it still has stats and old timers still hav their bonus. Eliminating dragon/elite stacking. Pick and choose what to use!

No We want all! We wanna stack 14 rings! And elites! With dragons! Mixed with blessings! From ALL our toons! With new extra super x6 thrasher punch! With 2x double damage weekly elexier!

TruePlayer
10-19-2012, 02:39 PM
No We want all! We wanna stack 14 rings! And elites! With dragons! Mixed with blessings! From ALL our toons! With new extra super x6 thrasher punch! With 2x double damage weekly elexier!

I dont see the point taking away dragon vanitys stats, most people bought all those packs and exliars and spent way too much time farming dragon for chance to improve there stats making them more elite, and now say you just take everything away is very harsh. Also for merch in game who spent millions of pocket legend gold on dragon are also being punished. Best solution is limited dragon vanity drop rate so for those who really want them would have to work for them. Cause honestly people spend alot money for those dragons pack, just seem misleading us gamers if sts chose do such thing. Its a fun game but most us do take it serious because it became part of r life style and when its involes real life money, sts have come with a good solution.

TANKKAAR
10-19-2012, 02:53 PM
I personally don't care what they do with dragon sets as long as they remove the ability to stack it's bonus with elite bonus... Never was allowed before, so no one is losing anything and the economy tensions unaffected a does end game pvp...

Deathofan
10-19-2012, 03:09 PM
The best solution is like someone else said in a thread. 1) Make a necklace slot in the inventory. 2) Like ener said, craft dragon set and but instead of ring you get the "necklace". 3) In the necklace slot goes elite necklaces and dragon necklaces. 4) people can wear the elite necklace or dragon necklace and wear a ring like they used to do. 5) problem solved.

Patricks
10-19-2012, 03:34 PM
I'm not sure what the problem with dragon bonuses are. Everyone currently has the opportunity to get them so there's nothing unfair about them. Its easier to get them now then ever since the area where you get them is two caps ago and they made the drops easier to get as well.

So what if you can stack them with rings.

Mountain out of molehill

AbsolutePally
10-19-2012, 03:50 PM
They look cool leave em be.
IMO dragon simply makes up for the lost plat rings we used with vanities. BUt for a lot more.

Bless
10-19-2012, 04:19 PM
Sure,

necklaces, rings, why not add vanity boots and bracelets to "balance" it....why not eh? (sarcasm) Like the Elite ring + dragon set bonus isn't OP enough...should stay the same...

^^^^^^ Also pvp will require less skill if this happens(as usual).

The dragon set bonuses are NOT going to be removed. No intention to flame just putting my opinions out there.

MightyMicah
10-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Level 50 doesn't have dragon vanity ;)

Bless
10-19-2012, 04:32 PM
1. Nerf all gear to no stats, just looks and level requirement. Nobody will say "omg ur gear is so op!!" in pvp.
OR
2. Leave it the way it is, or the people that do have vanities will say its unfair. Any change in PL seems to get people raging, hehe. agreed