PDA

View Full Version : What questions do you have about Arcane Legends?

Samhayne
10-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Hey everyone,

If you didn't know, we have been sending out updates via email about Arcane Legends for people who sign up on the Arcane Legends Website (http://www.arcanelegendsgame.com). I've been getting some good questions back from email readers, so I thought I'd fire up a thread here for questions about Arcane Legends.

First and foremost, please don't ask about release dates.

When will Arcane Legends be released? The closest we're saying is "Fall 2012". Why? Because Apple's approval process means we can't give a date. Read more about that here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?71422-When-does-Arcane-Legends-come-out-Apple-approval-process-means-we-can-t-give-a-date).

Will Arcane Legends have a beta test that I can play before the game is released? Probably, but we haven't released details about a beta test yet. Stay tuned.

What platforms will Arcane Legends play on? Apple devices, Android devices, the Chrome web browser and in other browsers with the Flash plugin, just like all of our other games.

What are the system requirements to play Arcane Legends? For details about system specs, please see this post (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?70041-Keeping-Pace-with-Technology).

Does Arcane Legends have class Gender choices? No. The choices for characters are the Male Warrior, Female Rogue and little blue thing Mage.

Ok, so what other questions do you have?

We'll review questions periodically and pull out ones to answer in separate announcements posts.

Deatharcherr
10-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Beta release this month?saw the pic on facebook so im asking ;D

Deatharcherr
10-19-2012, 11:08 AM
While waiting we maybe get some more screens maybe of the different skilltrees?:D

octavos
10-19-2012, 11:12 AM
What things are implemented to help us stay competitive in leveling. I find myself & some fellow players find it difficult to devote tons of time (thought all STS games were ment to be bite size on playing) But PL & SL are heavy time devoted games . thats why I believe DL became so successful with an energy mechanic.

I have seen Daily Allies / Reward, DotD. is that it?

EG: XP drops in game like a Special XP rock, or certain pets help boost our XP rate, or certain bosses that glow sometimes and provide an XP bonus for killing :p Leveling is a big deal so to embrace the better part of AL like PvP or PvE or farming to keep ppl in-game

Tymphanie
10-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Umm Im Confused:

"the Chrome web browser and in other browsers with the Flash plugin, just like all of our other games".

So ru saying the other games can be played in Firefox/Internet explorer? I thought t was only on chrome?

Thanks

Ephesius
10-19-2012, 11:32 AM
Does pvp have gates or any other obstacles from preventing us to pvp once a player has joined

BodMaster
10-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Umm Im Confused:

"the Chrome web browser and in other browsers with the Flash plugin, just like all of our other games".

So ru saying the other games can be played in Firefox/Internet explorer? I thought t was only on chrome?

Thanks

Sure can, give it a go if you like buddy; http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?67537-Flash-Version-of-Spacetime-Games-Available-We-Would-Love-Your-Feedback!

BodMaster
10-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Client wise, has the new client been used for/working on AL already? (Rid of Arm-v6 devices)

If not will this affect the version sent into Apple? (Old client, unable to just update)

Samhayne
10-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Umm Im Confused:

Thanks

Yes, you can play any Spacetime Studios game in a different browser with the Flash Plugin. More more and links, please see:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?67537-Flash-Version-of-Spacetime-Games-Available-We-Would-Love-Your-Feedback!

Edit: Bodmaster beat me to it! /highfive Bod

dugantale
10-19-2012, 12:15 PM
How much will character slots be?

Deatharcherr
10-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Please give us beta today im so exited :)

*Zero*
10-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Does Al have class Gender choices?

Like Male Rogue or Female Warrior

Edit: Question answered thanks Sam !

Deatharcherr
10-19-2012, 01:37 PM
No warrior is male,rouge is female and mage is a little blue guy :)

*Zero*
10-19-2012, 01:40 PM
No warrior is male,rouge is female and mage is a little blue guy :)

No way!

I know bud I'm asking is there gonna be a choice

Deatharcherr
10-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Sam would have said the same xD

*Zero*
10-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Sam would have said the same xD

Cool, but let's let Sam answer so we can be sure.

StompArtist
10-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Will AL have elixirs (like Pl)?

Deatharcherr
10-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Think and hope so :D

*Zero*
10-19-2012, 01:53 PM
Does each class have different skill trees?

Warrior tank/dps ect.. ..

Deatharcherr
10-19-2012, 01:55 PM
Does each class have different skill trees?

Warrior tank/dps ect.. ..
yea warrior has tank/dps,mage has heal/dps and rouge no one knows :D

*Zero*
10-19-2012, 02:02 PM
yea warrior has tank/dps,mage has heal/dps and rouge no one knows :D

Nice. Dps warrior seems like it will be fun

Deatharcherr
10-19-2012, 02:15 PM
One question:you have already sent AL to apple?

BodMaster
10-19-2012, 02:30 PM

Hope not. Apparently AL Plat will only be needed for Vanity. (Just seems unlikely, but hopefully a lot less even if there are)

Most we know is; (Gotta love the free re-spec d:)

Also the in-game purchasing system has been modified, allowing things like re-speccing your character should you not agree with what the game hands you in terms of starting stats, something you used to have to pay for.

The majority of the in-game purchases will apparently be geared towards vanity items and non-essential items. Anything that is essential for the game will be available naturally as you play.

BodMaster
10-19-2012, 02:35 PM

Yes;

Think of the game client that we have submitted to Apple as a box. Inside the box is all the "stuff" that we keep working on. Apple is testing the box to make sure it is sound and is a properly built box. Our team is working hard to make all the stuff inside the box better (or add new stuff to it) all the time. So no, we're not just sitting around waiting for Apple, but are hard at work

wvhills
10-19-2012, 02:35 PM
Will AL have game ruining elixirs like PL?

Deatharcherr
10-19-2012, 02:52 PM

Yes;

Think of the game client that we have submitted to Apple as a box. Inside the box is all the "stuff" that we keep working on. Apple is testing the box to make sure it is sound and is a properly built box. Our team is working hard to make all the stuff inside the box better (or add new stuff to it) all the time. So no, we're not just sitting around waiting for Apple, but are hard at work
Ty :D

Growwle
10-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Are the "dungeons" randomized, or the same every time?

Lady_Pebbles
10-19-2012, 03:02 PM
I have a list of questions....

Why do the mages look like the result of Yoda and Fiona (Shrek) had babies only ugly as hell and deemed herms since they aren't gender slecific??? Seriously... human male warrior, elf-ish rogue chick, and a freaking mutanat??? I would have loved to see an anthro character, a shadow creature, or something other than the usual orgres for a race in these types of mmos. X.x Something different!

I always play the healer class but this ugly Yoda reject is really throwing me off lol.

Btw, why aren't they gender specific like the other two classes??? Strange.

More importantly... can we make hybrid classes and duel spec? Like if I want a Rouge but wang to make it into a Pally (instead of Sorcerer turned Lally) by adding some heals for self & larty members while able to tank a lil... can I have that?

Will vanities have stat bonuses? *hopes not*

What plat lrices are to be expected? Like DL or SL/PL?

Can you give us some information on the PvP system(s) being introduced? Will we -finally- see a Guild vs Guild PvP system??? *hopes that finally guilds will have a greater purpose*

Are the PvE maps outrageously huge like PL & SL or decent like DL????

Kraze
10-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Praying for other means of xp quests allies daily rewards

Commanderkeen
10-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Let say I have been playing with my pup from the beginning of the game and he's lvl 12 and pretty darn happy. When I staple him will his happiness drop? When if ever I decide to use him again do I have to make him happy again to get the best out of him?

Zraorizer
10-19-2012, 05:34 PM
How many plat will you have to pay for a character slot

Aracnus
10-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Two questions:

1) How come we have a turtle as a pet, lol.

2) WHy don't you wear a sig. i've made two for you:

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii632/_ShadowBlythe_/Samhayne_Anime_STS.jpg?t=1350687204 http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii632/_ShadowBlythe_/Spock%20Anime_zps5c1e15b8.jpg?t=1348090609

Commanderkeen
10-19-2012, 06:00 PM
Two questions:

1) How come we have a turtle as a pet, lol.

2) WHy don't you wear a sig. i've made two for you:

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii632/_ShadowBlythe_/Samhayne_Anime_STS.jpg?t=1350687204 http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii632/_ShadowBlythe_/Spock%20Anime_zps5c1e15b8.jpg?t=1348090609

1. Turtles rock

2. Clearly Spock is throwing up gang signs (Vulcan West Side). Everyone knows Sam is Vulcan East Side.

PxVice
10-19-2012, 06:55 PM
Will we be able to collect only 10 pets, or eventually all 40?

Growwle
10-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Will we be able to collect only 10 pets, or eventually all 40?

I am sure you will be able to buy more "slots" for your stable with plat.

Ghostsmacker
10-19-2012, 07:50 PM
More importantly will you be able to name your pets?

BodMaster
10-19-2012, 08:04 PM
www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?69560-New-Details

More importantly will you be able to name your pets?

Name shows above pet so can't see why not ;) (Bambini ftw)

Garzoth
10-19-2012, 08:14 PM
What will the age rating be? I don't like to lie about my age so I'd like to know. Unless that's determined by apple. If that's the case, what do you guys think it'll be?

BodMaster
10-19-2012, 08:26 PM
What will the age rating be? I don't like to lie about my age so I'd like to know. Unless that's determined by apple. If that's the case, what do you guys think it'll be?

Here you go;

Arcane Legends is currently planned to be 13+ like Pocket Legends and Star Legends and does not have the blood, gore or mature content like Dark Legends.

Garzoth
10-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Thank you so much! I got scared for a sec. If I was on my computer I'd thank you properly.

Anatroak
10-19-2012, 08:50 PM
Thanks

If you didn't know, we have been sending out updates via email about Arcane Legends for people who sign up on the Arcane Legends Website (http://www.arcanelegendsgame.com). I've been getting some good questions back from email readers, so I thought I'd fire up a thread here for questions about Arcane Legends.

First and foremost, please don't ask about release dates.

When will Arcane Legends be released? The closest we're saying is "Fall 2012". Why? Because Apple's approval process means we can't give a date. Read more about that here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?71422-When-does-Arcane-Legends-come-out-Apple-approval-process-means-we-can-t-give-a-date).

Will Arcane Legends have a beta test that I can play before the game is released? Probably, but we haven't released details about a beta test yet. Stay tuned.

What platforms will Arcane Legends play on? Apple devices, Android devices, the Chrome web browser and in other browsers with the Flash plugin, just like all of our other games.

What are the system requirements to play Arcane Legends? For details about system specs, please see this post (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?70041-Keeping-Pace-with-Technology).

Does Arcane Legends have class Gender choices? No. The choices for characters are the Male Warrior, Female Rogue and little blue thing Mage.

Ok, so what other questions do you have?

We'll review questions periodically and pull out ones to answer in separate announcements posts.[/QUOTE]

BodMaster
10-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Thank you so much! I got scared for a sec. If I was on my computer I'd thank you properly.

Thanks for the gesture, and your welcome. No need for rep, just glad I could help.

The link is pretty helpful if you want to check out the latest news a in one thread; (Personally I have this thread subscribed ;))

www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?58733-Arcane-Legends-lt-Pre-View-gt-FAQ

Ghostsmacker
10-19-2012, 10:18 PM
Sam is all like, "Edit: ninja'd again >.< ".

Zeimer
10-20-2012, 12:52 AM
Can pets evolve? And can the character change class like in Pocket Legends? Ex: (PL) Archer become a mage

Jcyee
10-20-2012, 01:26 AM
Lol little blue thing mage xD

Can i ask why its little and blue? Lol

Tilax
10-20-2012, 12:12 PM
SO Happy but still greatly disappointing about the gender choice! Was hoping to be a Male Rouge!

Just why no gender choice? Isn't that kind of a General Basics for any MMO to choose your gender?

But in other stuff it AWESOME :D

Slant
10-20-2012, 12:13 PM
what bits will be free, what bits will you need plat for
will pets be stashable

Deatharcherr
10-20-2012, 12:27 PM
SO Happy but still greatly disappointing about the gender choice! Was hoping to be a Male Rouge!

Just why no gender choice? Isn't that kind of a General Basics for any MMO to choose your gender?

But in other stuff it AWESOME :D
In PL there is no gender change too

BodMaster
10-20-2012, 04:23 PM
what bits will be free, what bits will you need plat for
will pets be stashable

Pets will have their own "Stable" section, you can also check for hints on where to find the next pet ;)

In PL there is no gender change too

AL is apparently meant to be the best of all current titles. One of the "best/desired" features is that you can choose your Gender and not worry about guys hitting on you, while having your name clearly "male" orientated.

But it has been rules out, so no need to discuss. (If they agreed, it would take a lot longer, not only would they have to edit all cinematic scenes/voices etc, they would also have to re-do/add all new gear, models for men/women on every piece of armour/gear, even adding one for the little blue blob)

StompArtist
10-20-2012, 04:28 PM
They could stick a pink flower on the barbarian's head and done female barbarianess!!!

BodMaster
10-20-2012, 04:32 PM
They could stick a pink flower on the barbarian's head and done female barbarianess!!!

Or just hairy barbies.

Lowlyspy
10-20-2012, 06:36 PM

The people asking about an AL beta might like this if they haven't seen it yet. From AL's Facebook.

razerfingers
10-20-2012, 09:52 PM

The people asking about an AL beta might like this if they haven't seen it yet. From AL's Facebook.

What is it? I cant read it on my phone xP

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

BodMaster
10-21-2012, 12:38 AM
What is it? I cant read it on my phone xP

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

On phone too, but the best part I could make out was this;

Arcane Legends Closed Beta

Playtesting

Limit server up-time to focus on specific playtesting times (Guessing like GW2 Beta Weekends)
- Doing specific playtests has the benefits of....
- Has the downside of managing when the server is up

Leave the server available all the time
- Faster to manage but users may "burn out" on the game
- More doable with a small closed beta team...

Feedback
We can set up a forum for only Beta Participants

Let's get together and go over the in's and out's of a closed beta

Slant
10-21-2012, 01:03 AM
yeah saw the pic of the stable section, said some pets drop, some pets need to be bought
just wanted to know for those who have a bunch of alts, if you need to get all the pets on all the toons, or if the same pets can be used by diff alts

Elyseon
10-21-2012, 01:08 AM
Will it have a towne layout like PL, where you actually go different places for different zone
Or will it be like DL and basically just one place for everything
And still hoping for more developed questline and not just like DLs 32 hour story because you had to wait 8 hours twice for a timer

Vystirch
10-21-2012, 03:01 PM
Hello arcane legends wizards! I would like to suggest to things for AL.
First, unlike in PL I would like to see rings raidable.
Second, I would like to see a sell all button in the inventory section.

akfury
10-21-2012, 05:11 PM
Is there gonna be more purpose to pvp ?... Like mroe objectives and hopefully a guild wars option...

PvE
10-22-2012, 08:05 AM
Hello arcane legends wizards! I would like to suggest to things for AL.
First, unlike in PL I would like to see rings raidable.
Second, I would like to see a sell all button in the inventory section.

Sell all inventory will never workout because people will complain saying they clicked it and lost blah blah lb lah. Pl selling isnt difficult but and ignore drop option could be useful for players helping friwnss but dont want junk clutter.

I dont see rings and necklaces both being raidable because they gota have some plat flow via wearable no vNity like clothes with no stats. If they both are raidable they will always have beyytter shop jewerly.

Ovocotto
10-22-2012, 08:22 AM
Hey sam
I would like to know if the test beta of arcane legends is only for android devices or even for apple devices or google chrome
Ty so much

Vystirch
10-22-2012, 08:24 AM
Sell all inventory will never workout because people will complain saying they clicked it and lost blah blah lb lah. Pl selling isnt difficult but and ignore drop option could be useful for players helping friwnss but dont want junk clutter.

I dont see rings and necklaces both being raidable because they gota have some plat flow via wearable no vNity like clothes with no stats. If they both are raidable they will always have beyytter shop jewerly.

I see and agree with your point but must slightly disagree with how selling all inventory manually is easy. I play on my iPad 3 and the constant tap tap.... 2 taps to sell one item is ridiculous. Now another option is they could introduce one tap selling so that people is they hit something by accident can buy it back.

I would love to see jewelry raidable something to use until I get into a game enough to shoot some plat, also with raidable jewelry it will make the plat jewelry look so much more worthwhile. These are just things I'd like to see.

BodMaster
10-22-2012, 09:39 AM
Jewellery = Vanity?

Sell all has come up many times, and even with a 5 buy back system this still helps, sell all wouldn't be good at all, if I could chose say a "quality" checkbix or drop down I'd be good with that. White - Grey - Orange etc and bye bye.

But doubt they would want to spend time on something that works as it is even if slightly inconvenient.

Also believe this section is best off for Questions only > Suggestion in AL discussion.

Astrocat
10-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Ok, I have the question of the day.

When will it be released?

Joke, just would like to know if there's going to be a Vanity system like SL, and PL. Like drops, different ones etc. I didn't find this question yet but my bad if it was asked/answered already!

cookiez
10-22-2012, 05:37 PM
Haha Ok so three questions: 1) Is the plat gonna be the same as the other games (same price and value)

2) and are we gonna be able to have more than 4 skills equipped like pl or is it gonna be like dl?

3) Is there gonna be pvp right away?

Ecko6110
10-22-2012, 08:27 PM
Will arcane legends work on the galaxy prevail phone

BodMaster
10-23-2012, 01:06 AM
Will arcane legends work on the galaxy prevail phone

Already answered that question for you here; http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?70041-Keeping-Pace-with-Technology-%96-Updates-to-the-Spacetime-Engine&p=820073&viewfull=1#post820073

Unfortunately your phone is a Arm-v6 device, as soon as they upgrade their clients it will no loner be playable on any StS game. (Can still access though Flash Browser/Chrome)

United
10-23-2012, 03:17 AM
Can you tell us more about Warrior and Rogue?

Zeimer
10-23-2012, 11:14 PM
If there's Apple approval, will there be Android approval? (look, I'm serious here!) If there isn't, why can't you released it on Android and Chrome first? Because I believe there won't be any Google approval.... Right?

BodMaster
10-23-2012, 11:18 PM
If there's Apple approval, will there be Android approval? (look, I'm serious here!) If there isn't, why can't you released it on Android and Chrome first? Because I believe there won't be any Google approval.... Right?

Android don't need any approval hence open source.

However StS do not want the numbers joining to be too over whelming, and half only want to play, and not actually Beta Test.

Android and Chrome have a Closed Beta on it's way, just a matter of time.

akfury
10-24-2012, 01:53 PM
And I would throw a fit if they did that...

Commanderkeen
10-26-2012, 05:16 AM
1. When we stable our pets does their happiness drop?

2. What's with the pet paw on the health potion?

3. Is pet names unique like player names will be?

*Zero*
10-26-2012, 07:57 AM
Seems the answers have ran dry, check back later.

Firebluezeu$
08-22-2013, 06:06 PM
What sorcerer skill is the blue glowing rock?

Ebezaanec
08-22-2013, 06:09 PM
What sorcerer skill is the blue glowing rock?

Nice necro....

Firebluezeu$
08-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Lol what

Carbonnel
08-22-2013, 11:52 PM
Hi. Uhmm, about the egg we found in Crystal Caverns, when will it hatch? The Beastmaster in Stronghold, says we need to wait. But, I wanna see it! Been waiting for it, like, Ages. o.O Thank you, that's all. :) Hope you answer this.

Alhuntrazeck
08-24-2013, 07:57 AM
Dat necro.

Jetzzz
08-26-2013, 09:28 AM
1. If i have 2000/26000 exp (lv 30) will it be automaticly change to 2000/2600 exp after lv cap is 36 ?
2. If i have 3000/26000 exp (lv 30) will i be automaticly lv up to lv 31 after lv cap is 36 ?

najcomp
08-27-2013, 07:12 AM
1. If i have 2000/26000 exp (lv 30) will it be automaticly change to 2000/2600 exp after lv cap is 36 ?
2. If i have 3000/26000 exp (lv 30) will i be automaticly lv up to lv 31 after lv cap is 36 ?

2000/26000 will become 200/2600 for next cap it means 1000=100 after next cap