PDA

View Full Version : Massively's MMObility Column Recounts Arcane Legends from GDC

Samhayne
10-19-2012, 12:47 PM
18380 (http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/10/19/mmobility-free-to-play-and-mobile-at-gdc-online-part-2/)

MMObility writer Beau Hindman dives into mobile games and what he saw at the recent Game Developer's Online Conference, that includes Arcane Legends. Here is what he has to say about Arcane Legends

Any fan of Spacetime Studios has heard of the developer's latest title, Arcane Legends. I was lucky enough to sit down with Fernando Blanco Director of Marketing, to try the game out for myself. We suffered through a bit of horrible convention internet, but eventually I was in-game, playing a new character in this "spiritual successor to Pocket Legends." That description fits Arcane Legends perfectly. It looks and plays similar to Pocket Legends but the graphics have been turned up a notch or two. Things feel more solid, animations are more fluid, and there are even cutscenes, voice-overs, and more "standard" MMO systems that make the experience feel a bit more full than any previous Legends games.

Arcane Legends pulls from Dark Legend's twitch-based combat. If you hit the action button, it fires off your sword or ability. You can also charge attacks as you can in Dark Legends, and movement is fast and furious. I felt as if I was playing a game that was combined from all previous titles and tuned up in quality, and yet it still holds on to the original stylized world we loved so much.

Pets play a large role in the game, but they're not just Pokemon ripoffs. As in the rest of the Legends worlds, everything has a familiar look and feel but with a twist. Pets are no different. There is a turtle with a flag planted on its back that gives speed buffs and a frog with elf-like ears who does a pretty good job in combat. All of the pets aid players by picking up loot along the way. It's all wrapped up in a fantastically simple, intuitive, and well-designed package that guarantees the studio's biggest hit yet. I loved playing it, and I especially enjoyed the fact that this latest title finally feels so much like a "normal" MMO that no one should notice any difference.

Click here to read the full article on Massively.com (http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/10/19/mmobility-free-to-play-and-mobile-at-gdc-online-part-2/)

BodMaster
10-19-2012, 12:57 PM
Nice! Can't get enough of that info especially on the new different kinds of pets.. ;)

Deatharcherr
10-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Beta!beta!beta!beta!beta! Sry im so excited why dont release the beta now?:D

Samhayne
10-19-2012, 01:29 PM
why dont release the beta now?:D

It's not... quite... ready yet. But soon! :D

*Zero*
10-19-2012, 01:38 PM
It's not... quite... ready yet. But soon! :D

Just made my day :-)

Deatharcherr