PDA

View Full Version : Send app notification when receiving house mail

zynkor
12-02-2023, 07:05 PM
Would be nice to get a notification when another player sends me a house mail in-game, just like we get notifications about crafting

recilencia123
12-02-2023, 08:33 PM
+1 plss

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Smokedboy
12-03-2023, 07:46 AM
+1

dikirim dari samsung galaxy 9

Economy
12-03-2023, 08:35 AM
+1 would be such a great addition

asommers
12-05-2023, 11:50 PM
We had a push notification system for some of our other games when in-game actions occurred (Your base was attacked by asommers!), but data shows most players disabled it.

Unfortunately, that system has since rotted due to Google/Apple API changes and we have no plans to bring it up to date and reuse it. It would also only work on device since the web client can't receive push notifications.

-ALS

zynkor
12-06-2023, 09:48 AM
We had a push notification system for some of our other games when in-game actions occurred (Your base was attacked by asommers!), but data shows most players disabled it.

Unfortunately, that system has since rotted due to Google/Apple API changes and we have no plans to bring it up to date and reuse it. It would also only work on device since the web client can't receive push notifications.

-ALS

Yeah unfortunately I'm also aware of the many API changes (dev here), I think the standard is doing it via FCM and APN nowadays.

I'd say that in your example ("Your base was attacked by asommers!") it makes sense that most people disabled them because I assume that those attacks could happen very often, so notifications would trigger very often and annoy people.

But in this case, private house mails are usually very short-term things in my experience. For example, when I or someone else is selling some item we just talk like 2-3 times and then it's done. I for one find it quite annoying that I am not aware when the other person sends a mail. I have to check every few hours to see if they responded or not.

I would say that it would be a nice thing to have, even if it only works on mobile devices (although last time I checked there was a Notifications API on web too)

Maybe at least you guys could reconsider doing this sometime in the future, thanks

Jumko
12-06-2023, 04:28 PM
+1

sent from the lagoon.

Itzmemohsin
12-06-2023, 10:11 PM
+1 would be great