PDA

View Full Version : Just some advice please

Superdexme
10-21-2012, 01:26 AM
I want to buy a lvl 70 phantom crossbow set, they range from 600-800k....should I wait until they get cheaper? (If they will)

My only dilemma is I don't want want a few months to go by and the set only be worth 100-200k :/ I don't want ti lose A TON of money in it.

What do you guys think? Thanks

Jcyee
10-21-2012, 01:48 AM
So ur looking to buy and use for a little then sell?

If so, i would save some money for the new sets lol. But since you are lvl 67 (according to your sig), im not sure what to say...

Energizeric
10-21-2012, 02:02 AM
My personal opinion is that these sets will not come down in value the same as the Fang crafted sets did. Here is why....

In the case of the previous campaign before Humania, for the lvl 65 crafted fang gear, the crafting items can all be had doing very easy quests that only take a few minutes, and you don't even need the recipes as you can just buy them with plat. The result is that there is a very small premium on crafted vs. uncrafted. For this reason they are also very common and not rare at all. So once it was time to move onto the next campaign, everyone wanted to sell their old sets rather than keep them as a rare collectible or vanity item they wear on occasion.

For the previous campaign before that, for lvl 60 crafted nuri gear --demonic, this gear has a huge premium over uncrafted. The reason is the crafting items (glyph wood & glyph steel) must be farmed and are very rare. The result here when the fang campaign was released was that most people who had demonic sets kept them as a collectible/investment.

So where do the Humania lvl70 sets stand? I'd say somewhere in the middle. Because you can do a quest for ocean blue diamonds, but it is a hard & time consuming quest. As a result, if you look around sand walker/sand skipper sets are much less common than their non-crafted counterparts. Yes, most elite end gamers have them, but most casual gamers do not. For this reason, I think these sets will hold their value in the 500k-1m range. I can't imagine that they go down to the 200-300k level that crafted orlok & sang sets go for.

Superdexme
10-21-2012, 02:13 AM
I am a lvl 70 dex Mage now looking to buy a good dex set....only it will retain its value a little bit (I'm ok losing 150-300k)

Energizeric
10-21-2012, 02:51 AM
If you can get a phantom set for 600-800k (seems a bit cheap), then go for it. In my opinion it will stay above 500k.

Taaralatie
10-21-2012, 04:21 AM
Yes I agree with Energizeric above. I won't be selling my crafted humania sets same way as I still have demonic. Just the sheer number of diamonds required to craft them means they are worth more to me than 500k gold. They also look far far better than the fang robes of shame so no need to hide them..in fact I would go so far as saying they are decent enough for town wear :)

Patricks
10-21-2012, 04:29 AM
They will go down some more in value. Theres not as much for sale yet cuz people dont have the new sets yet. As new sets become cheaper, people will unload their humania stuff. I wouldnt compare to demonic. People like demonic because they look bad azz. Humania stuff is whatever. Also demonic needed way way more blade steels then tiki needed diamonds. Demonic dagger weapon by itself needed 14 blade steels!