PDA

View Full Version : Vanity Shields

Energizeric
10-21-2012, 07:28 PM
I'd like if STS gave us the opportunity to buy some more vanity shields. There's like a million different vanity helms, but 2 vanity shields, and one isn't even a shield but is a wooden stake.

I'm not crazy about the warrior shield with the new beastly set, but I really have no other option than to use it as there are not other gear sets for lvl75, and I have only one vanity shield I can use which is the arcane legends shield. I really wish I had an angel vanity shield, so that would match with the blue dragon set, but there are no other options for me.

I just wish STS would offer some more vanity shields in the plat store in different colors. What would be awsome is if they made shields to match each of the dragon vanity sets. They could charge like 50 plat for them, and I'm pretty sure most players with dragon sets would buy them as we already paid 200 plat for our pets. But make it optional, not a requirement in order to get dragon bonus, that way you could still use a 2h weapon and get dragon set bonus.

Maybe they could also offer the angel vanity items (not the actual weapons, but only the vanity items) for sale in the plat store for those of us who didn't get them at the time. Since so many players have them, I doubt anyone would be angry if they were offered for sale since those players got them for free ayway.

Anyone else like these ideas?

nmyxspaceship
10-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Great suggestions. I have loyalist set and I wouldn't mind if they sold as a vanity.

I didn't get to read it all but we will probably get a few more vanity shields for Halloween. We also get a few on dotd. Those should be in store though and put in dotd for a deal on the plat price.

Patricks
10-21-2012, 07:40 PM
Coin shield lol

Patricks
10-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Also you are gonna get the Imhotep Eye of 76 soon.

Kaytar
10-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Angel set was far from free

nmyxspaceship
10-21-2012, 08:13 PM
True. We did really pay $50 for the set. But it doesn't bother me. I know how it feels to not have something because you are new or didn't have funds. No biggie.

Noodleleg
10-21-2012, 08:21 PM
What they need more is vanity armors :)

modalex
10-21-2012, 08:22 PM
cant wait till NEXT cap because the elite item is known to probably be some armour :D

drgrimmy
10-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Perhaps too early to mention (should wait till st patricks day) but would really like a new luck
vanity, eg shield and armor, or even luck ring. I am sick of wearing big luck. Hmmm best would
be a green luck shield with a clover on it to go with a green dragon set and elite ring :)

I totally agree with you, need more vanity shields and armors, now that we are not stuck with
the level cap vanities to get a bonus. After all, was not one of their goals to increase the variability
in players appearances by getting rid of vanity set bonuses....

CrimsonTider
10-21-2012, 08:57 PM
First, no on selling the Angel Set. Just because someone missed it doesn't mean everyone is entitled.

And I agree with Noodle, we need more vanity armors. I have a ton of shields and helms, but the armors are scarce.

Energizeric
10-21-2012, 10:22 PM
First, no on selling the Angel Set. Just because someone missed it doesn't mean everyone is entitled.

And I agree with Noodle, we need more vanity armors. I have a ton of shields and helms, but the armors are scarce.

I hear you that you have a ton of vanity shields, but I don't and would like to be able to buy some. Yet there is only one vanity shield for sale in CS over the past 3 months. I started playing in February but didn't buy plat until June, and for most of that time the only vanity "shield" available was the vampire stake which isn't even a shield, and now the arcane legends shield is there and I bought it, but there are no others.

airslash
10-21-2012, 10:22 PM

That is so true :D WE need vanity armors that actually LOOK good on birds.
I mean think about it.. dragon vanity looks a little "weird" compared to those on bears
and...the roman vanities? Good idea but ... it looks completely weird on birds lol.. mages too i guess.. And it looks pretty good on bears!!
Overall, I think we should get more vanity armors that look good ex. mount fang armor (it looks good on mage,bear,and bird!)

Energizeric
10-21-2012, 10:24 PM

Yes, I will tonight, but I have already seen it and unfortunately it has the same color scheme of green/gold as the crafted beastly set will have, so either way I will have to use a green/gold shield. I'd like to have the option to get something blue or even red. I keep seeing players who have these invisible shields (looks like of like a force field in the shape of a shield) and they come in both red and white colors, but I don't know where they got those, but I'd love to be able to buy one in the white color as that would match with a lot of gear.

Patricks
10-21-2012, 10:40 PM

Yes, I will tonight, but I have already seen it and unfortunately it has the same color scheme of green/gold as the crafted beastly set will have, so either way I will have to use a green/gold shield. I'd like to have the option to get something blue or even red. I keep seeing players who have these invisible shields (looks like of like a force field in the shape of a shield) and they come in both red and white colors, but I don't know where they got those, but I'd love to be able to buy one in the white color as that would match with a lot of gear.

White holoshield was for reserving ur name for star legends. Its not stashable and characte locked. It womt come back.

Red holoshield is DOTD only so just keep checking the daily deals. It shows up from time to time.

Piosidon
10-21-2012, 10:49 PM
I hear you that you have a ton of vanity shields, but I don't and would like to be able to buy some. Yet there is only one vanity shield for sale in CS over the past 3 months.
Would you like to buy 1 of my 6 coin shields?

Sciazaratek
10-21-2012, 11:47 PM
Actually i have more shields than armor:
-Vampire Stake
-Arcane Shield
-Mothers Day Flowers
-Angelic
-Ancient coin shield
-Spartan Loyalist Shield
-All 5 Loyalist Emote Shields
-Red Parrot

Kraze
10-21-2012, 11:57 PM
What they need more is vanity armors :)

This^^^^ lots of shields few armors

Energizeric
10-22-2012, 12:57 AM
I was thinking about why I have no desire to have more vanity armors, and I realized why...

I like to match. Maybe I'm a bit OCD about it, but I don't like wearing gear that doesn't all match. So in each campaign up until this one, I always had a matching set of gear, even if it didn't give a set bonus as was the case in many of the early campaigns, I made sure everything I had on was matching.... I never had the desire to wear any vanities, but on occasion I would wear a vanity cap just because they had them and it gave me a more individual look, but I would only wear it if it matched the set I had on. And lucky for me, there are so many vanity caps to choose from.

So fast forward to now... I just finally saved up enough gold to get myself a dragon set. I want to wear the dragon gear because of the prestige involved in having the set, and also for the bonus stats. But now I can't seem to match it with the end game gear, so I'm getting frustrated. So that is why I suddenly want a chance to buy a vanity sheild. If I wasn't going to wear the dragon set, I'd be fine with just wearing the Beastly Set with no vanities. But once I put on a blue dragon set, I need a shield to match it.

Cobraguy
10-22-2012, 01:28 AM
I would also like to see more vanity armor and shields.

Posting this just in case the devs take a look at this. :)

cookiez
10-22-2012, 01:40 AM
Actually i have more shields than armor:
-Vampire Stake
-Arcane Shield
-Mothers Day Flowers
-Angelic
-Ancient coin shield
-Spartan Loyalist Shield
-All 5 Loyalist Emote Shields
-Red Parrot

Spartan? And yeah more vanity shields would be cool

Zneak
10-22-2012, 01:41 AM
what they need more is vanity armors :) agreed!!!!!